PDA

View Full Version : **Classify my grandfather**

voyager123
11-26-2017, 02:27 PM
My Paternal grandfather from Gurdaspur, Punjab, India (File attached: Dada)

His father was a Nord Indid Kashmiri or something that I am not sure of but mother was a jatt. I would appreciate a general classification of his but also for those of you who know South asian phenotypes tribes/clans etc especially from Punjab let me know.

I will post a picture of his and his two full brothers (G1 & G2) who look very different to him and bit more like his father which can hint at his father's phenotypes. I am more interested in his heritage from his mother's side since he took after her more in looks.

Odin
11-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Nord-Indid + Indo-Brachid.

voyager123
11-29-2017, 12:00 AM
Nord-Indid + Indo-Brachid.

What characterises a Nord-Indid, Odin? or in my grandfathers case which features strike as being that of a Nord-Indid?

dperucca
11-29-2017, 12:19 AM
What characterises a Nord-Indid, Odin? or in my grandfathers case which features strike as being that of a Nord-Indid?

In terms of morphology is close to Nordid of Europe. Tends to be more robust, long narrow prominent nose. In skin complexion is fairer (red tones) or wheat tone complexion or light brown. Common look in North India, Sikh and throughout India in the Brahmin caste. Common among many Pakistani groups as well.

Odin
11-29-2017, 06:50 PM
or in my grandfathers case which features strike as being that of a Nord-Indid?

His long head.