PDA

View Full Version : What's the most common phenotype in the Portuguese?

Bell Beaker
12-03-2017, 09:05 PM
They are somewhat ignored over Spaniards because many persons think they just look the same as Spaniards, while it's true that Portugal and Spain have a enormous phenotypical overlap, bigger than most regions and big countries (Germany, France, Italy, UK....) in Europe, there are some types that are more common in Portugal than in Spain (and vice versa), and the Portuguese have a almost 100% overlap with Western Spain, but Portugal doesn't has Basque Influence like Eastern Spain and sometimes there are peculiar faces among the Portuguese that can easily be told apart from other Iberians.

Hadouken
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
these are the most common types imo (in no special order) : Gracile Mediterranean , Atlanto Mediterranean (and Atlantid) , Alpine , Paleo Sardinian , Nordoid types including NordoMed and Northatlantid . some Baskid/Dinaric types

thats my experience and observation . of course you ethnic portuguese know better though

Bell Beaker
12-03-2017, 09:12 PM
these are the most common types imo (in no special order) : Gracile Mediterranean , Atlanto Mediterranean (and Atlantid) , Alpine , Paleo Sardinian , Nordoid types including NordoMed and Northatlantid . some Baskid/Dinaric types

thats my experience and observation . of course you ethnic portuguese know better though

If this is based on your experience with real life Portuguese people, would you say that you saw a decent amount of exotic looking persons?

Hadouken
12-03-2017, 09:14 PM
If this is based on your experience with real life Portuguese people, would you say that you saw a decent amount of exotic looking persons?

exotic in what sense ?

Token
12-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Atlanto-Mediterranid is the mainstream type among Portuguese from my experience. Also, the Berid strain seems to be stronger in Portugal compared to Spain.

Bell Beaker
12-03-2017, 09:25 PM
exotic in what sense ?

Dark, MENA look I guess, or simply weird, something that you would not guess as European.

Hadouken
12-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Dark, MENA look I guess, or simply weird, something that you would not guess as European.

hm

as you know I dont like the "mena" term because it is so blurry/obscure but no I cant remember a portuguese I met that I would say fits that description but some portuguese I have met/known are indeed "dark" and a lot dont fit as german and are clearly foreigners . but they dont look "mena" to me . but some will get guessed as turkish or whatever from germans I am sure about that

here is a portuguese guy I went to school with for example and he is woggy . but tbh. on the pic his pigmentation is darker . I just couldnt find a better pic of him

http://up.picr.de/31131687pp.jpg

an actor/photographer/stylist from germany of portuguese descend his name is Manuel Cortez . I saw him play a turk lately in a german tv show and the guy who played his father (and brothers) looked more kebaboid than me xD . so for many germans even he already is a "southern" look lmao

https://image.gala.de/20161796/uncropped-0-0/94dedc78d58653c336044c57e3231bdd/Qh/manuel-cortez-vorspann--7043999-.jpg

http://crush.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/MG_1524-Edit_Manuel_Cortez_Chris_Noltekuhlmann_sRGB-1280x853.jpg

other than that portuguese look "normal" european

my brother has a portuguese friend and he is alpinized nordoid type

Odin
12-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Gracile-Med and Berid.

MysteriousWays
12-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Berid and Atlanto-Med. Alpine-Med is more common in Spain than in Portugal; while Dinarid influences are quite rare in both (almost nonexistent in Portugal, I think...), they are relatively more common in Spain than Portugaal. Atlantid is decently common for both Spain & Portugal, but I don't the most common phenotype for either one.

JMack
12-04-2017, 11:00 PM
Atlanto-Med, Berid and Gracile-Med are the most common Portuguese phenotypes from what I have seen.

Damiăo de Góis
12-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Hard to say. Give me examples of each type in your poll and i'll answer.

Bell Beaker
12-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Hard to say. Give me examples of each type in your poll and i'll answer.Going by football players I would say:

Miguel Silva, Gracile Med, Ricardo Ferreira as Atlanto Med, Andre Silva as Berid and Andre Andre as Alpine Med are good examples ;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/dee8a41125ec9d0b9112df5fbd5b2215.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/9702d90563883841f42145f91fdf6a2c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/b2e2d0d2a38a84407360b568e8700154.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/c678770a9799ce80d96188c676f89ea9.jpg

Enviado do meu CAM-L21 através de Tapatalk

Damiăo de Góis
12-05-2017, 12:33 AM
I don't think any of those types are representative. You will never find groups of André Silvas.

Probably a group of forcados is better to get the average. The southern average at least.

http://www.prof2000.pt/users/avcultur/LuisJordao/Almanaque/Numero06/Imagens/page45A.jpg

Bell Beaker
12-05-2017, 08:49 PM
I don't think any of those types are representative. You will never find groups of André Silvas.

Probably a group of forcados is better to get the average. The southern average at least.

http://www.prof2000.pt/users/avcultur/LuisJordao/Almanaque/Numero06/Imagens/page45A.jpg

Any of those types are not essentialy similar to other Portuguese people, but their features or some of their Features describe the best what I look when I take the bus, or when I'm in the Shopping mall. There are lightish people and darker people but they wouldn't be typical or less typical but on a more distant position in the spectrum.

Urbanuss
05-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Atlanto-Med

Russki
05-09-2022, 04:44 PM
Atlanto-Mediterranid is the mainstream type among Portuguese from my experience. Also, the Berid strain seems to be stronger in Portugal compared to Spain.

Do you still think so?

Token
05-09-2022, 05:22 PM
Do you still think so?
No, I was contaminated by anthrotardism back then, if someone uses faggot -id termination you can automatically disregard his opinion. Classic/small Mediterraneans are absolutely dominant in Portugal, this was consensus among all anthropologists including the Iberian ones.

Urbanuss
05-09-2022, 05:33 PM
No, I was contaminated by anthrotardism back then, if someone uses faggot -id termination you can automatically disregard his opinion. Classic/small Mediterraneans are absolutely dominant in Portugal, this was consensus among all anthropologists including the Iberian ones.

It explains why so many portuguese old men are manlets

Russki
05-09-2022, 06:23 PM

It's not a crime to make a mistake.

Great that you found out the truth.

What about the Berid strain? They are supposedly responsible for robust types in this area.

Token
05-09-2022, 06:50 PM

What about the Berid strain? They are supposedly responsible for robust types in this area.

Berid is how Lundman called the short-statured, short-faced, snub-nosed coarse Mediterranean type which is often found in the Iberian peasantry, but also in southern Italy and Sardinia. Coon also identified it and said it is the most primitive, most submerged element in Iberia. The overall impression of this type is not of robustness, but of stockiness, like Alpines. It is far outnumbered by standard Meds in Portugal.

Flashball
05-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Berid is how Lundman called the short-statured, short-faced, snub-nosed coarse Mediterranean type which is often found in the Iberian peasantry, but also in southern Italy and Sardinia. Coon also identified it and said it is the most primitive, most submerged element in Iberia. The overall impression of this type is not of robustness, but of stockiness, like Alpines. It is far outnumbered by standard Meds in Portugal.

Doesn't exist in central Sardinia.

What is the exact measurements of this pseudo race?

Look non european assez fuck.

Desulo people don't look like that and i have picture, dudes.

Damiăo de Góis
05-15-2022, 08:00 PM

When you want to know the truth, you can always ask a brazilian shitposter.

Sasaolo68
05-15-2022, 08:38 PM
Gracile Med

Voskos
05-15-2022, 08:48 PM
Atlantomed.

Decius
05-15-2022, 08:50 PM
Gracile med

Septentrion
08-20-2022, 04:09 PM
They are somewhat ignored over Spaniards because many persons think they just look the same as Spaniards, while it's true that Portugal and Spain have a enormous phenotypical overlap, bigger than most regions and big countries (Germany, France, Italy, UK....) in Europe, there are some types that are more common in Portugal than in Spain (and vice versa), and the Portuguese have a almost 100% overlap with Western Spain, but Portugal doesn't has Basque Influence like Eastern Spain and sometimes there are peculiar faces among the Portuguese that can easily be told apart from other Iberians.

Portuguese? Gracile Meds.

Septentrion
08-21-2022, 01:55 AM
Gracile-Med and Berid.

Correct!

Cristiano viejo
08-21-2022, 02:10 AM
When you want to know the truth, you can always ask a brazilian shitposter.

heheheheh

a Brazuca shitposter who contradicts himself, as this thread proves :laugh:
maybe in a few years he will have a third opinion, who knows :laugh:

Odelia
08-21-2022, 07:40 AM
(SOMETIMES Dinaridized and Beridized) Atlanto Med !!

Rarely they are gracile med, not sure why that one had a lot of votes!

Septentrion
08-23-2022, 01:02 AM
(SOMETIMES Dinaridized and Beridized) Atlanto Med !!

Rarely they are gracile med, not sure why that one had a lot of votes!

You need a plane ticket and travel.

Odelia
08-26-2022, 06:39 AM
You need a plane ticket and travel.
You need to shut the fuck up. You're like a broken clock that is only correct twice a day. Your post towards Guti are epic, but other than that they're pretty fucking dumb and trollish!

Septentrion
09-03-2022, 04:00 AM
Gracile-Mediterranid - Atlanto-Mediterranid combos.

Septentrion
09-04-2022, 07:59 AM
You need to shut the fuck up. You're like a broken clock that is only correct twice a day. Your post towards Guti are epic, but other than that they're pretty fucking dumb and trollish!

Please Hush!!!!!!! Stop being a hillbilly, Yankee.

Septentrion
09-04-2022, 08:07 AM

Portuguese at least to me, seem shorter-statured, stockier than Spaniards and are much homogeneous. The Spaniards show way more varieties. Overall, the Portuguese do not seem quite as dark-haired as Spaniards, show slightly less real black hair.

Septentrion
09-06-2022, 12:28 AM
Portuguese are Europeans, they are as diverse as most Southern Europeans. Ranging from Gracile Meds, Atlanto-Meds, Berids, Baskids, Atlantids, Alpines, Dinarics, Saharids ( Moorish genetic remnant), minorities of Nordids ( Keltic/Hallstatt) ( Visigothic or Germanic remnant), North Atlantids ( Remnant of Celtic and Brythonic exiles fleeing Anglo-Saxon invasion in the 5th century).