PDA

View Full Version : British woman raped on gap year work scheme in Ghana.

Beorn
02-16-2009, 12:33 AM
British woman raped on gap year work scheme in Ghana

A young British woman has been raped while working on a gap-year scheme in Africa.
She was part of a group of British volunteers - most in their teens and early 20s - working on a charity-run project in rural Ghana, according to reports.
The woman was drinking with friends last week when she became separated from the group and was attacked. It is thought only one man was involved.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/14/article-1145624-0019547200000578-449_468x298.jpg Boys play football in Sekondi, Ghana. A British woman was allegedly assaulted in a remote part of the country

The victim, who has not been named, is said to be in an extremely distressed state.
She has received medical attention and her family has been informed, it is understood. No arrests have been made.
A source close to the scheme revealed volunteers had little supervision from authorities.
'This has been on the cards for some time,' he said.
'There have been complaints from people on the ground that there should be more security and supervision to ensure the volunteers' safety.'
In recent years, there has been growing concern about the vulnerability of young British gap-year workers across the world.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: 'We can confirm that an incident occurred in Ghana and we are providing assistance to the British national involved.'
The project in Ghana is helping to develop tourism by improving the environment.
The volunteers, aged between 18 and 25, have had their trips, including flights and insurance, sponsored by the Government, although the projects are run by charities in the UK and Ghana.

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1145624/British-woman-raped-gap-year-work-scheme-Ghana.html)

Understatement of the year award goes to:---"This has been on the cards for some time"

When will people learn?

Gooding
02-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Tragic.Someone works with a charity group in an AIDS infested region like Ghana and a rape is the thanks they get.:mad:I hope they find and string up that piece of tsetse fly shit that did it.Make an example of him.

Brynhild
02-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Tragic.Someone works with a charity group in an AIDS infested region like Ghana and a rape is the thanks they get.:mad:I hope they find and string up that piece of tsetse fly shit that did it.Make an example of him.

I would wish for that too, but unfortunately in those parts of the world, women are no more worthy than a head of cattle.

Ship the volunteers home and let the country deal with their own sorry mess!

Absinthe
02-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I try to be a good person and help people in need as much as I can but I wouldn't go to Ghana or any other place where a european woman is seen as a rape trophy.
Let alone there are a lot of people in need in my own country whose needs come first to me *hint for volunteers* ;)

SwordoftheVistula
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-darwin-award-snake.jpg

Pino
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM
more fool her for going to Ghana.

sorry but this Woman is a traitor, neglecting people in her home country to go help out a bunch of Black alien degenerates.

Revenant
02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Some people just can't be saved from their own stupidity.

Groenewolf
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
For the women it is of course a very bad thing. However I wonder considering that there where already signs about the dangerous situation for these volunteers, what she was thinking. Maybe it would never happen to me, she thought. But then again TIA.

The Lawspeaker
02-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Of course it must have been a horrible experience for her (and she might pay the price in a few years- I just hope to God that she won't pass it on :() but this is about the same kind of stupidity as walking into a lions den and not expecting to be eaten alive.

It's funny how women avoid poorer neighborhoods of our cities because they are afraid to get molested yet travel to Africa "to help out the disadvantaged" and then suddenly come to realize that those "disadvantaged" like the (blond), beautiful western girl a bit too much.
The same thing happened to at least 5 (christian) Dutch girls (aged 16 to 18) that were helping out Kenyans. They were attacked and all were raped. They have been administred anti-viral medication (according to a newspaper) which may indicate that they got infected.
Beautiful European girls and Africans.. it's like putting the bacon before the cat and thinking that the cat isn't hungry.

Another typical TIA- case. What we should do is stop helping Africa. Stop travelling there, stop investing. It's as dangerous as a war zone- and wait.. Africa is a war zone.

Stupid or not. She doesn't deserve our pity any less and it doesn't make her first-hand experience with the African "civilization" any less painful and traumatizing.

Revenant
02-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Stupid or not. She doesn't deserve our pity any less and it doesn't make her first-hand experience with the African "civilization" any less painful and traumatizing.

No pity here. It's egalitarians exactly like these that are at the root of the majority of racial problems we have.

The Lawspeaker
02-17-2009, 05:49 PM
No pity here. It's egalitarians exactly like these that are at the root of the majority of racial problems we have.
But still... we are better then that, Revenant. She deserves our pity. Eventhough she has been a complete and utter bloody fool for putting herself in harms way like this.
What happened to her was horrible and it isn't over yet. A rape alone will haunt someone for the rest or her days (or his- because men get raped too) - let alone the possible consequences of a contracted STD.....

Hildolf
02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I have never understood the desire to go and help africans. They are quite simply incapable of helping themselves, so why waste the effort?

The west has pumped millions into africa, from the likes of St.Geldof pulling at our heart strings to give money (or throw it away it way most likely) to countless other charities and I have no idea how much our governments give in aid? Ok this gives some idea:

http://www.odi.org.uk/RAPID/Projects/RAP0021/Exec_sum.html

http://www.pepfar.gov/documents/organization/115411.pdf

It's a ridiculous amount and for what? Africa is so corrupt and africans so intent on killing themselves through warfare and disease why do we not let them stand or fall by their own efforts?

My sympathies to the women and the many others like her who have gone there to help and have been raped, but isn't it now time that others stopped repeating this error and stayed at home and helped there instead?

Gooding
02-18-2009, 04:49 AM
I personally think it's past time.Let the Africans do what they will.They didn't want the benefits of colonization, so why should they appeal to the descendants of the Old Empires for technology and medicines they implicitly rejected when they were cut loose?Save the Savannah, but to Hell with the elephant and lion killers!

Creeping Death
02-18-2009, 05:38 AM
British woman raped on gap year work scheme in Ghana.?
A white women raped by an African in Africa, oh my God how unusual:rolleyes:

Stormraaf
02-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Unlike people from the first world, white women from South Africa and Namibia know not to step foot outside their relatively protected communities into wider Africa. I had a friend (female) being asked by an interviewer from an American corporation if she'd be willing to travel to other African countries. Knowing what Africa's all about, she flat out refused, for personal safety reasons. Apparently the interviewer laughed at her and said, "Africa isn't that dangerous."

The delusion that Africa "isn't that dangerous" and Africans "aren't that bad" is being perpetuated by ignorant multiculturists. It is in these people's faces I want to get and tell them they FAILED at teaching their daughter or informing their friend/colleague about the danger of associating with the wrong people and the wrong part of the world.

Vulpix
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Unlike people from the first world, white women from South Africa and Namibia know not to step foot outside their relatively protected communities into wider Africa. I had a friend (female) being asked by an interviewer from an American corporation if she'd be willing to travel to other African countries. Knowing what Africa's all about, she flat out refused, for personal safety reasons. Apparently the interviewer laughed at her and said, "Africa isn't that dangerous."

Why did he even bother to ask her then if he was only willing to accept one answer :rolleyes2:?