PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in reincarnation, past lives and parallel universes?

Lek
12-11-2017, 01:48 AM
Although I was never interested in the Abrahamic religions, I never considered myself an atheist and this is something I always believed in.

Kamal900
12-11-2017, 04:32 AM
No. We can't prove such things even exist, and the burden of proof is on those who believe in such things which they can't.

Neon Knight
12-11-2017, 07:56 AM
I am open minded about reincarnation. About parallel universes I am sceptical.

Good books:

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Before-Childrens-Memories-Previous/dp/031237674X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512982461&sr=8-2&keywords=life+jim+reincarnation

https://www.amazon.com/Return-Life-Extraordinary-Children-Remember/dp/1250063485/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1250063485&pd_rd_r=V8006AWBETF8T9SFQ10C&pd_rd_w=P3Yln&pd_rd_wg=NhUY5&psc=1&refRID=V8006AWBETF8T9SFQ10C

SardiniaAtlantis
12-11-2017, 08:19 AM
I do not believe in reincarnation, however since all humans and everything in the Universe comes from the same exact source, and we are made of the same materials that keep being recycled. I believe we are all connected fundamentally everyone now dead, everyone now living and in a way, I believe we can even put ourselves in each other’s minds, and feel what they feel, or connect with those dead, as we physically are connected on a molecular level. This may be similar to reincarnation, but more broad of a concept. Not sure if others will understand what I mean or if anyone else has this thought as well on here.

Odin
01-08-2018, 05:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpnGUJ5DFH8

Larali
05-21-2018, 12:56 PM
all humans and everything in the Universe comes from the same exact source, and we are made of the same materials that keep being recycled. I believe we are all connected fundamentally everyone now dead, everyone now living and in a way, I believe we can even put ourselves in each other’s minds, and feel what they feel, or connect with those dead, as we physically are connected on a molecular level. This may be similar to reincarnation, but more broad of a concept. Not sure if others will understand what I mean or if anyone else has this thought as well on here.

Yep

When I was a kid, I had past life memories (I don't really remember them now).

Black Panther
05-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Not really. YOLO.

Videx
05-21-2018, 01:32 PM
I do believe in reincarnation. As they say "Energy cannot be destroyed or created it can only change to another state." I don't believe strictly only in the rebirth as another human being or animal. This can also mean that after your death your energy contributes to the whole universe. Of course your conscious is a different thing... but I think that is possible too. There are many stories, where especially children described dead people's lives, who they have never known or met....so I wouldn't be surprised.
Of course, these are things we cannot or maybe never will be able to prove. But oh well, we don't even know fully the human brain or what the dark matter and dark energy is in the universe....

I don't believe in the parallel universe though.

Moje ime
05-21-2018, 01:45 PM
In reincarnation no but I'm open minded about life after death something like Christian view of it.
Reincarnation could rather be exception, not a rule of how things work.

renaissance12
05-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Reincarnation ( i do not believe it in ) makes no sense.. to me.
You can't find you parents and relatives in the next reincarnation..
What is 'the self' without either memories or a body? What is left when you take these things away?

Tina Turner remember when she was a queen in Egypt... no people remember when they were a sick pigmeo in the forest..( double delete ? )

Defiance
05-21-2018, 02:03 PM
I don't know.

Remember that we're humans, with humans brains, and thus possessing only human comprehension. What comes after death literally may be far more than we can currently conceive.

Kivan
05-21-2018, 02:10 PM
No.

Vigilance
05-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Yes.

Hinduism and everything.

Smaug
05-21-2018, 02:20 PM
No. We can't prove such things even exist, and the burden of proof is on those who believe in such things which they can't.

This.

ЛыSSый
05-21-2018, 04:33 PM
surely. for sins in previous life god put you live in russia

and ask vaasiliy - he's from the same sect - also beleives in flat earth

gıulıoımpa
05-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Reincarnation/past lives:No
Alien life:Yes
Parallel universe: could well be

KMack
05-21-2018, 04:39 PM
IDK but I think it is certainly possible.

Lek
06-27-2018, 12:06 AM
I do believe in reincarnation. As they say "Energy cannot be destroyed or created it can only change to another state." I don't believe strictly only in the rebirth as another human being or animal. This can also mean that after your death your energy contributes to the whole universe. Of course your conscious is a different thing... but I think that is possible too. There are many stories, where especially children described dead people's lives, who they have never known or met....so I wouldn't be surprised.
Of course, these are things we cannot or maybe never will be able to prove. But oh well, we don't even know fully the human brain or what the dark matter and dark energy is in the universe....

I don't believe in the parallel universe though.

It has been scientifically proven that every living being on earth , including humans, and the whole universe is made up of energy or electricity.

Our bodies contain electric waves, we are electric beings.

Ever asked yourself where electricity comes from? It is obviously the source of all life and infinite.

This could hold the key to souls and reincarnation, technically we are electric beings experiencing life physically... we are immortal... this electricity is probably our souls... when we die only our bodies die but we continue as part of the electric universe.

Larali
06-27-2018, 12:07 AM
I do.. ditto to everything Lek says

Tauromachos
06-27-2018, 12:17 AM
How to answer?

Parallel Universes

From Mathematical Point of view its absolutely possible.

But how can we tell if they exist in physical reality

Reincarnation,Past lifes

Though this deviates from the official teaching of my religion"christianity" i have considered that this may be possible
or that the same life you have repeats itself and you in order to refine your soul each time.

I had often sorts of Deja Vus experiences in my life.

sean
10-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Reincarnation/Past Lives:

Nope. I've seen neither any credible evidence for it nor any proposed mechanism by which it could work, so I remain unconvinced.

Of course there are lots of anecdotes and stories that support the idea, but they tend to either fall apart upon closer inspection or be entirely unfalsifiable.

However, if we are to take reincarnation with the idea that you do not truly die, for death is just a form of form, wherein the form dies, in order to undergo a transformation and renewal. We could say your body dies every period of 5 years, since all the cells within your body have during that time changed so that nothing original remains. So basically, reincarnation is your imperishable essence which changes a vessel when the old vessel can no longer hold.

Parallel Universes:

Nope. I try to find a middle ground between blind belief and blind disbelief. I can't prove it or disprove it, so I don't believe it, but I also don't disbelieve it, if that makes sense. So, a non-dualistic nope.

There are a few different physics theories that hold out the possibility of other universes. For instance, String Theory has it's famous "landscape" that indicates the possibility of 10500 universes. And perhaps most tantalizing of all, there's a suggestion that an apparent anomaly in the cosmic microwave background might be explained as the result of an early collision between our universe and another. If true that might be actual evidence of another universe. But so far it's all just theories and suggestions.

If there are other universes, the vast majority of them would be uninhabitable, since the laws of physics there would be too different to allow for the existence of matter or energy as we know it. But somewhere in the vast landscape of possibilities there may be other universes that happened to turn out similar to our own. In the end it's just a numbers game. If other universes exist and there are vast numbers of them, some might resemble this one.

Valkyrion
10-16-2021, 03:27 PM
The universe cyclically expands and contracts, constantly destroying and re-creating itself over and over again. All processes in nature are cyclic, while our cognition is severely limited by our imperfect senses, so concepts like reincarnation and parallel universes might be possible, even-though we aren't able to prove them empirically like for example we aren't able to find cause of autism spectrum disorder, regardless of high level of technological development we reached in fields of science and medicine that made our lives much easier and comfort.

Classic religiousness is on the other hand very banal sole reflection of ignorant primitive man completely deprived of logic and critical way of thinking, but some apologetics today are desperately trying to connect religion with science, especially quantum mechanics to make religion intellectually more acceptable concept, because if we look at bigger picture even most radical religious societies are becoming more secularized as time passes by and religion is slowly getting abandoned, even-though it's still quite relevant hence dangerous.