PDA

View Full Version : Men of TA...how would you rate your relationship with your father?

Iloko
12-11-2017, 05:59 AM
10 = you both get along fantastically ..... 1 = extreme hatred

Linebacker
12-11-2017, 07:15 AM
He's a hell of a man and gave me excellent genetics,I have always respected that,but he has left my mother so both me and my brother had to grow up in a broken family.

I haven't been very loyal to my partners either but I've never married any of them.When you put a ring on a woman this is the appropriate time to start acting like a family man.

Norka
12-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Probably a nine. He diciplined me when I was younger but when I turned 19 he started being a good friend to me as well as a dad.

itilvolga
12-11-2017, 07:18 AM
why only men

silentkiller
12-11-2017, 07:52 AM
My father was not there when I needed him, my older brother (he is 10 years older than me) was my example of a man. I would rate the relationship with my own father as 7 out of 10, he is already elderly, he forgets everything but he gave me good genetics and mental abilities. I am grateful to him for that. My older brother is like a best friend, he helped me a lot in life, I would rate my relationship with him as 9 out of 10.
PS: https://s25.postimg.org/bxvyr60un/image.jpg

spik
12-11-2017, 07:54 AM
why only men

You should vote anyways.

Charles Bronson
12-11-2017, 08:11 AM
1/10 Im not good with my Father.

Luca
12-11-2017, 08:44 AM
why only men

Nobody will stop you, if you post anyway :thumb001:

My father was not there when I needed him, my older brother (he is 10 years older than me) was my example of a man. I would rate the relationship with my own father as 7 out of 10, he is already elderly, he forgets everything but he gave me good genetics and mental abilities. I am grateful to him for that. My older brother is like a best friend, he helped me a lot in life, I would rate my relationship with him as 9 out of 10.
PS: https://s25.postimg.org/bxvyr60un/image.jpg

Same pretty much. The thing is, sometimes people are not there when you need them most. For example, when you grow up and your dad is not around much.
But it is important to forgive and live on. This is what makes happy

1/10 Im not good with my Father.

Why so?

Stears
12-11-2017, 08:45 AM
My father is very good man.

Toppo900
12-11-2017, 09:43 AM
7/10.
https://image.ibb.co/dMBrzF/20170902_052911.jpg

itilvolga
12-11-2017, 10:54 AM
You should vote anyways.

9/10 then, only problem is our stubbornness lol we both are very stubborn so sometimes we can discuss with fire about history and politics

silentkiller
12-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Same pretty much. The thing is, sometimes people are not there when you need them most. For example, when you grow up and your dad is not around much. But it is important to forgive and live on. This is what makes happy.
Yes, I forgave him long time ago, that's why we talk about politics and sports. At the same time, I am very close to my brother, he brought me the first books on programming, it determined my future life. Sometimes he was very strict with me, but I am grateful to him for everything.

Luca
12-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Yes, I forgave him long time ago, that's why we talk about politics and sports. At the same time, I am very close to my brother, he brought me the first books on programming, it determined my future life. Sometimes he was very strict with me, but I am grateful to him for everything.

Wow, you seem very similar to me. I also got into programming some time ago.
Just my relationship with my sister is a up and down.
You know, sometimes my mom said some untrue things about me, which is why my sister disliked me. But she saw that was just rumors, so things are going better now :)
Best of luck to you bro

Drusilla
12-11-2017, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't trade my father for any other. He's loving, he believes in me, he's my best friend and we, alongside my mother, taught me the most beautiful and important lessons one need to learn in life. I'm proud and honored to be his daughter. He never spoilt me and is strict whenever he needs to be. And I'm grateful for that. He gave me life, love, great values, beautiful lessons and wonderful memories that I'll carry with me until I die. Like itilvolga and her dad, we can also be quite stubborn, especially because we're very much alike. But some negative sides couldn't possibly overshadow the many positive qualities that unite us.

silentkiller
12-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Wow, you seem very similar to me. I also got into programming some time ago.
Yeah, I was like 9 years old and I had ZX Spectrum, I was making some simple programs in built-in Basic. I was already like 14 years old, my older brother brought me books about Turbo Pascal and Delphi 7.0 and I started making more serious applications as application to catalogize my music and so on. I wanted to learn more and bought me a book about C++ Builder. We had no Internet in that time so books were the only source of information. It was interesting, my brother didn't just bring me some books (he was studying in Moscow, so he had opportunity to get some great literature over there). He also was asking me to create something, and it gave me pleasure - to create and see the results of my mental efforts.

Just my relationship with my sister is a up and down. You know, sometimes my mom said some untrue things about me, which is why my sister disliked me. But she saw that was just rumors, so things are going better now :)
Yes, my mom used to say said that family (sem'ya in Russian, which literally means seven times "I") is the only support in your life in many cases, you guys always have to stick together no matter what's going on. I have good relationships with my sister, sometimes we argue, and very much, but still, we stay in good terms.

Best of luck to you bro
Thanks, man, I also wish you to achieve success in programming and remain in good relations in the family. We, programmers, will reign this world someday!

catgeorge
12-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Hes a good humble noble man - highly disciplinarian when I was younger then put me on the path of developing leadership properly and value of education when I was very young - sent me to military at 18 then sent me to another country at 19 to study. lol

All good - prefer if I was in Greece but understood why he did it to take me out of my comfort zone and assist my own development and sort of force me to make my own life. Seems to have worked - would have killed him to have made the decisions he did. But thats the type of man he is.

Luca
12-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I was like 9 years old and I had ZX Spectrum, I was making some simple programs in built-in Basic. I was already like 14 years old, my older brother brought me books about Turbo Pascal and Delphi 7.0 and I started making more serious applications as application to catalogize my music and so on. I wanted to learn more and bought me a book about C++ Builder. We had no Internet in that time so books were the only source of information. It was interesting, my brother didn't just bring me some books (he was studying in Moscow, so he had opportunity to get some great literature over there). He also was asking me to create something, and it gave me pleasure - to create and see the results of my mental efforts.

Yes, my mom used to say said that family (sem'ya in Russian, which literally means seven times "I") is the only support in your life in many cases, you guys always have to stick together no matter what's going on. I have good relationships with my sister, sometimes we argue, and very much, but still, we stay in good terms.

Thanks, man, I also wish you to achieve success in programming and remain in good relations in the family. We, programmers, will reign this world someday!

"We, programmers, will reign this world someday!" hahaha, you are killing me bro.
I just hope both of us will score some good job maybe. Do you have some place in mind already?

silentkiller
12-11-2017, 08:56 PM
"We, programmers, will reign this world someday!" hahaha, you are killing me bro.
I just hope both of us will score some good job maybe. Do you have some place in mind already?
Yeah. I'm working for 2 companies, which allows me to travel to South America from North-Western district of Russia.

Bobby Martnen
02-08-2018, 08:36 AM
My father is very good man.

All I1 men are.

Bobby Martnen
02-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Pretty good, especially since I've moved out of the house to go to college, but not perfect.

8/10

Bogdan
11-03-2018, 10:56 PM
6/10 or 7/10. Me and my father get along nowadays but he was vacant (alcoholism, conflict from the Vietnam war, etc.) during some parts of me growing up, and my parents eventually ended up divorcing. His political beliefs differ quite a bit from mine but I think he is overall a strong and admirable man, even if I believe he is mislead about some things.

Dick
11-03-2018, 11:01 PM
10. He was always a good father and man.

Teutone
11-03-2018, 11:09 PM
I think everyone should know what privilige it is to have a father, I lost mine very young.

So when I see people disrespect their fathers or dont value him, I cannot understand it.

StevenTylerAerosmith
12-13-2018, 09:30 AM
I think everyone should know what privilige it is to have a father, I lost mine very young.

So when I see people disrespect their fathers or dont value him, I cannot understand it.

sorry bout ur dad

y did he die?

StevenTylerAerosmith
12-13-2018, 09:31 AM

sorry bout ur dad

y did he die?