PDA

View Full Version : Asides from your own, which cultures are you most highly interested in?

Iloko
12-11-2017, 09:25 PM
and why...

Though my knowledge of these is extremely limited..my vote goes to Han Chinese, Spain, Ancient Phoenicians, Ancient Japan, and Medieval England cultures/peoples.

Raizen
12-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Native American, Portuguese, Dutch, West African, they are cool

Anthony PV
12-11-2017, 09:37 PM
@Shazou: What fascinates you in the culture of the Ancient Phoenicians and of Medieval England?

Iloko
12-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Native American, Portuguese, Dutch, West African, they are cool
So many Native American tribes to choose from...I don't really know anything about the culture but the Navajos have a really cool type of look in terms of phenotype. I also like the sound of Navajo language.

How about you.. which specific Amerindian tribe appeals more to you in your case?

Hamlet
12-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Ancient Greco-Roman and Ancient Germanic

Raizen
12-11-2017, 09:47 PM
So many Native American tribes to choose from...I don't really know anything about the culture but the Navajos have a really cool type of look in terms of phenotype. I also like the sound of Navajo language.

How about you.. which specific Amerindian tribe appeals more to you in your case?

I like the warrior culture of North American tribes, they are a very cool people indeed. The ancient civilizations of Meso and South America are fascinating, also the culture of Brazilian indians are pretty interesting and in ancient times they were a very warlike people but now they are sadly in decadence. Here is a tupi warrior depiction by a French artist

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Debret2.jpg

Iloko
12-11-2017, 09:58 PM
@Shazou: What fascinates you in the culture of the Ancient Phoenicians and of Medieval England?
Well I don't really have all that much knowledge about them but I do know that I have a little Spanish blood in me according to DNA test..around 4.5% or so, and Phoenician ancestry/admixture makes up a certain portion of the Southern Spanish region's genetics. I also score some of the Phoenician type of component on admixture runs. The Phoenicians were a Semitic people, Syrian in blood, and they had also founded the City of Gades(Cádiz) and brought their old civilization with new luxuries into Spain during those times. I believe we are also indebted to the Phoenicians for the alphabet we now use throughout the civilized world.

Medieval England..I'm highly fascinated with the stories of their Kings and Queens and castles, as well as their literature dating back to the Old-English language.

How about you what is your choice for culture(s) apart from your own?..

Jacques de Imbelloni
12-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Japan, native americans, south asia, pre islamic middle east, Europe before the modern age(1500).

Anthony PV
12-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Well I don't really have all that much knowledge about them but I do know that I have a little Spanish blood in me according to DNA test..around 4.5% or so, and Phoenician ancestry/admixture makes up a certain portion of the Southern Spanish region's genetics. I also score some of the Phoenician type of component on admixture runs. The Phoenicians were a Semitic people, Syrian in blood, and they had also founded the City of Gades(Cádiz) and brought their old civilization with new luxuries into Spain during those times. I believe we are also indebted to the Phoenicians for the alphabet we now use throughout the civilized world.
The Ancient Phoenicians were an interesting people but I think it is difficult to decipher their culture: after Alexander the Great conquered their territory, they were culturally assimilated by the Ancient Greeks...

How about you what is your choice for culture(s) apart from your own?..
Presently, I have developed an interest for the culture of Ancient Egypt... Or more precisely, their military culture: what weapons they used, who were their enemies, etc. (I apologize for my warmongering nature :p)