PDA

View Full Version : Yugoslav assassin killed Olof Palme: report

The Ripper
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM
The murder of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme was carried out by a contract killer hired by Yugoslav security services, according to German media reports.

Swedish police say, however, that they already know of the man's existence and have excluded him from their investigations.

The report, published on Monday in the German weekly news magazine Focus, is based on previously unreleased testimony with former Yugoslav security service officer Vinko Sindicic, now 67.

In a 2008 interrogation by German prosecutors, Sindicic said that Belgrade sent a Hamburg-based assassin to Stockholm to kill Palme.

Palme, who was gunned down the evening of February 28th, 1986 on Sveavägen in central Stockholm, had reportedly been shadowed round the clock by Yugslav security agents.

The murder weapon, a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum, has never been found. According to Focus, the gun was smuggled to Sweden on a boat from the United States.

The magasine also reports that Palme’s killer, now 65, lives in Zagreb, Croatia and works for a private security firm.

The head of the Swedish police taskforce charged with investigating Palme’s still-unsolved killing, Stig Edqvist, told the Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) newspaper that his team has been aware of the information for some time.

“This came to our attention already in 1988 and since then we’ve followed it up quite thoroughly and been in contact on several occasions with the person who provided the information,” Edqvist told the newspaper.

While his team decided to stop pursuing the lead several years ago, he said that if the Focus report contained new information “which makes us rethink things, obviously we will.”

“Nothing is set in stone,” he told SvD.

Previous testimony from Sindicic helped German authorities solve a case involving a the 1983 killing of a Yugoslav dissident, according to Focus.

http://www.thelocal.se/31488/20110117/

I wonder why none of these stories (I've read several today) mention the motive for such a political assasination. :confused:

Ushtari
01-18-2011, 10:34 AM
olof palme, anna lindh, helikopter rånet, vad är näst?

poiuytrewq0987
01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
So much for the conspiracy theory that suggested either the CIA or the KGB had carried out the assassination. :D

The Ripper
01-18-2011, 11:36 AM
So much for the conspiracy theory that suggested either the CIA or the KGB had carried out the assassination. :D

This is also still just a theory. One that the Swedish police has dismissed. Though, Swedish police.. ;)

Motörhead Remember Me
01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
olof palme, anna lindh, helikopter rånet, vad är näst?

Det vet någon på Balkan...

Motörhead Remember Me
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Alla typer av "Jugoslaver" är ökända i Sverige för att vara kriminella och krigsförbrytare.

Inget nytt under den svenska solen.

poiuytrewq0987
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Alla typer av "Jugoslaver" är ökända i Sverige för att vara kriminella och krigsförbrytare.

Inget nytt under den svenska solen.

Umm, a random Yugoslav didn't just decide to kill Olof for fun but it was orchestrated by the Yugoslav government so your point you're trying to make is extremely stupid.

Heretik
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Maybe we should send someone to Finland next time? :mmmm:

Guapo
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
You guys r dumb. Its called the mob. A hit by the Swedish mob who's "business" got interfered with by Palme.... they tend to hire outside hitmen.

poiuytrewq0987
01-26-2011, 01:32 AM
You guys r dumb. Its called the mob. A hit by the Swedish mob who's "business" got interfered with by Palme.... they tend to hire outside hitmen.

hell naw

The Ripper
01-26-2011, 05:06 AM

Tell that to the kåpps.

The Swedish mob? Dragan and Radovan? ;)

Heretik
01-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Tell that to the kåpps.

The Swedish mob? Dragan and Radovan? ;)

Jukka & Mikko. :coffee:

Guapo
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Jukka & Mikko. :coffee:

Ari Pekka Nikkola

The Ripper
01-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Its a valid question. What Swedish mob?

Heretik
01-26-2011, 01:15 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tBZJ1nHEWQI/TJ_VVdCUoBI/AAAAAAAAANg/e40QDiMubb4/s400/swedish_house_mafia.jpg

Guapo
01-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Its a valid question. What Swedish mob?

Are you saying that organized crime never existed in Sweden by Swedes? Vikings were teh first mobsters.

The Ripper
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Are you saying that organized crime never existed in Sweden by Swedes? Vikings were teh first mobsters.

No, I'm saying it was next to nonexistent in Palme's day, as it is today, with the exception of perhaps some MC gangs, and its small scale. There is no Swedish mob in the same way that organized crime syndicates exist elsewhere. Palme was part of the Swedish mob, the sos.dem. party. ;)

Of course, if you know better, please point me into the direction of your sources.

Guapo
01-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Of course, if you know better, please point me into the direction of your sources.

You first

The Ripper
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
You first

I'll tell you all about it as soon as you tell me:

What Swedish mob?

Motörhead Remember Me
02-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Umm, a random Yugoslav didn't just decide to kill Olof for fun but it was orchestrated by the Yugoslav government so your point you're trying to make is extremely stupid.

Were there Yugoslavs in the Yugoslav government?

SwordoftheVistula
02-02-2011, 06:04 AM
I wonder why none of these stories (I've read several today) mention the motive for such a political assasination. :confused:

The last time they assassinated a top government official, WWI started. Maybe it was "hey, watch this"

Or perhaps a more sophistated plan to play the US & USSR off against eachother by having them blame eachother for the incident.

poiuytrewq0987
02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
The last time they assassinated a top government official, WWI started. Maybe it was "hey, watch this"

Or perhaps a more sophistated plan to play the US & USSR off against eachother by having them blame eachother for the incident.

I think if Yugoslavia wanted to start another world war we would've assassinated someone more important like Bulgaria's premier. This would have been seen as a move by Yugoslavia to get Bulgaria in its sphere.

Heretik
02-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore. :coffee: :joy

The Lawspeaker
02-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Neither does the USSR... ;)

IPQL3t8Klj4