PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Raised Marcus Samuelsson

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:07 AM
Kassahun Tsegie was born in 1971 in Ethiopia. His father, Tsegie, is an Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church priest. His mother died in a tuberculosis epidemic when he was three years old. As detailed in Samuelsson's appearance on Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown[4] he and his elder sister, Fantaye,[3] were separated from their family during the turmoil of the Ethiopian Civil War, which began in 1974. Subsequently, the siblings were adopted by Ann Marie and Lennart Samuelsson, a homemaker and a geologist, respectively, who lived in Gothenburg, Sweden. The siblings' names were changed to Marcus and Linda Samuelsson. They also have an adopted sister, Anna Samuelsson. His biological father, Tsegie, the father of eight others (the chef's half-siblings) still resides in the Ethiopian village where Samuelsson was born.[3]

After becoming interested in cooking through his maternal grandmother in Sweden, Samuelsson studied at the Culinary Institute in Göteborg (Gothenburg) where he was raised. He apprenticed in Switzerland and Austria, then came to the United States in 1991 as an apprentice at Restaurant Aquavit.

He features look quite Caucasian to me, He does not look like an African American. He is a good looking guy , no homo.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/next-management-production/assets/images/17682/large_portrait.jpg?1350586521

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-27-2017, 05:11 AM
I can understand changing the last name because he's adopted but changing his first name is disrespectful.

amoora
12-27-2017, 05:18 AM
I always thought he was good looking too although he's old enough to be my dad. I saw him on some cooking show a couple years ago...all the horn Africans I know look different from African Americans. Some look a bit more black than others but some look almost Arab..but I can still tell they are black though

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:22 AM
I always thought he was good looking too although he's old enough to be my dad. I saw him on some cooking show a couple years ago...all the horn Africans I know look different from African Americans. Some look a bit more black than others but some look almost Arab..but I can still tell they are black though

Yeah, he is still black. He doesn't look very old but black people's skin ages better than whites and does not get as wrinkled.

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:24 AM
I can understand changing the last name because he's adopted but changing his first name is disrespectful.

Yeah, when I adopted my dog I did not even change the first name. It seems odd to do it. It is a bit condescending.

Finnish Swede
12-27-2017, 05:28 AM
What's the special here?

I think he is looking exactly/simply what he is....Etiopian....faces very similar as many Etiopian long distance (5000m & 10 000m) runners.

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:31 AM
What's the special here?

I think he is looking exactly/simply what he is....Etiopian....faces very similar as many Etiopian long distance (5000m & 10 000m) runners.

Nothing is special here. Just a simple thread. I rarely have ever seen an Ethiopian. They look nothing like African Americans.

Smeagol
12-27-2017, 05:33 AM
He's not black, Looks fully or nearly pure Caucasoid. Would pass better in India than among Niger-Congo people.

Gangrel
12-27-2017, 05:33 AM
First brachy horner I've ever seen

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:38 AM
He's not black, Looks fully or nearly pure Caucasoid. Would pass better in India than among Niger-Congo people.

You just do not want to give Africans anything that is successful. He is black and african. He grew up in Sweden with good parents so he became a successful Chief.

Smeagol
12-27-2017, 05:41 AM
You just do not want to give Africans anything that is successful. He is black and african. He grew up in Sweden with good parents so he became a successful Chief.

African is a meaningless term for describing race. I don't care if a nigger is a successful chef. This man is clearly not Negroid though, that's a biological fact.

Finnish Swede
12-27-2017, 05:55 AM
Nothing is special here. Just a simple thread. I rarely have ever seen an Ethiopian. They look nothing like African Americans.

Keep in minds: Africa is a huge continent....even if one ''civilized'' country's president called it as a poor country.

https://i1.wp.com/www.sportsscientists.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Bekele.jpg

Bobby Martnen
12-27-2017, 06:25 AM

Not at all. Parents have the right to name their children, and once you adopt a child, they become your child.

Bobby Martnen
12-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Yeah, when I adopted my dog I did not even change the first name. It seems odd to do it. It is a bit condescending.

When my family adopted a puppy, we named her, even though the shelter already had. She's our dog, so we should get naming rights.

Also, if you want to live in Sweden, Kassahun isn't a good name to have. At least make an effort to assimilate.

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 06:31 AM
When my family adopted a puppy, we named her, even though the shelter already had. She's our dog, so we should get naming rights.

Also, if you want to live in Sweden, Kassahun isn't a good name to have. At least make an effort to assimilate.

Many Americans have odd first names,, besides they could always call him by a nickname but changing the name is a bit odd for a human child.

Bobby Martnen
12-27-2017, 06:32 AM
Many Americans have odd first names,, besides they could always call him by a nickname but changing the name is a bit odd for a human child.

It's no odder than John Bongiovi calling himself Jon Bon Jovi.

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 06:33 AM
It's no odder than John Bongiovi calling himself Jon Bon Jovi.

He is an adult that changed it himself. It is different,, but really no big deal it is done and over with he is a successful chief.

Kamal900
12-27-2017, 07:05 AM
African is a meaningless term for describing race. I don't care if a nigger is a successful chef. This man is clearly not Negroid though, that's a biological fact.

Africa used to refer only the Maghreb region back in Roman times which was derived from the ancient Berber tribe, the Afrii, and -ca is a Latin suffix. The name was later used to refer the entire continent by the early European colonists and pioneers to the continent in the middle ages. We have recent genetic study on the ancient Guanches in 2017 which places them very closely to modern day Algerians and other Maghareb which proves that they were North African Caucasian Berbers.

Maintenance
12-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Every adopted kid gets renamed, get over it.

decordoba
12-27-2017, 07:21 AM
I dont know his biography, I classify just his phenotype.

He is SSA (Ethiopian + slight Jewish admixture)

Mingle
12-27-2017, 07:29 AM

If he is black, then so are dark-skinned South Asians.

aherne
12-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Semitic mixed with Cushitic. Habesha look...

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 04:20 PM
If he is black, then so are dark-skinned South Asians.

He is African, some South Asians look black but I suppose they are Veddoid. So there are two races that can look black. Maybe the terminology needs adjusting.

I would think if you asked him what he is he would say black. Maybe not, IDK.

Mingle
12-27-2017, 05:04 PM
He is African, some South Asians look black but I suppose they are Veddoid. So there are two races that can look black. Maybe the terminology needs adjusting.

I would think if you asked him what he is he would say black. Maybe not, IDK.

African is just a geographical region. It doesn't mean anything. Skin color isn't everything. Skeletal structure is mkre important. He is clearly not the as someone from the Congo. He is racially closer to Indians and Middle Easterners than to those people. You're too focused on skin color when race is more than simply skin color.

Hadouken
12-27-2017, 05:10 PM
E1b

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:10 PM
African is just a geographical region. It doesn't mean anything. Skin color isn't everything. Skeletal structure is mkre important. He is clearly not the as someone from the Congo. He is racially closer to Indians and Middle Easterners than to those people. You're too focused on skin color when race is more than simply skin color.

I am not really focusing on skin color, I think skin color is a terrible factor to go by.

He lives in Africa that is the thing in the USA that determines if someone is black here. We call black people African American. With that said I wonder if he considers himself black? In the USA he would be thought as Black,, you know that. Most people do not see much of a difference on the surface between Australoid and Negroid.

To be honest I have never seen anyone in real life that looks like him.

Mingle
12-27-2017, 05:23 PM
I am not really focusing on skin color, I think skin color is a terrible factor to go by.

He lives in Africa that is the thing in the USA that determines if someone is black here. We call black people African American. With that said I wonder if he considers himself black? In the USA he would be thought as Black,, you know that. Most people do not see much of a difference on the surface between Australoid and Negroid.

To be honest I have never seen anyone in real life that looks like him.Why is living in Africa so important. North Africans live in Africa and they're not seen as Black. Wadaad is East African and says he's a different race to Sub-Saharans.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Why is living in Africa so important. North Africans live in Africa and they're not seen as Black. Wadaad is East African and says he's a different race to Sub-Saharans.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I suppose you are right about that. Really need to know what he considers himself.

sankeby
12-27-2017, 06:24 PM
To me, calling someone black is in reference to their skin tone. I think it's odd how Americans are willing to call someone like Alicia Keys black but not a dark-skinned Tamil person. Polynesians, South(east) Asians, Africans (both Berber/Arabs and Sub-saharan africans alike), etc. can be black. They obviously are not the same as they do not share the same history, facial features, and so forth and should be taken into account when you're being specific, but they tend to have similar ranges of dark skin tones, hence why I think they're all eligible to be called black as a generalised term. Blackness is also relative as well; North Africans, compared to their SSA-neighbours are not black but compared to white Europeans they are. Or an albino SSA can be SSA still but not black.

amoora
12-27-2017, 06:29 PM
he has hair like black people though...well, hair like someone mixed with black. I wouldn't call the darkest Indian black because they don't look like black people to me. Horners do look mixed with black though

kingjohn
12-27-2017, 06:33 PM
E1b

most of the chances but could also be j1 both present in ethiopia .....
ethiopians are 40-50% southwest asian genetically
so not surprise thats how he look :)

sankeby
12-27-2017, 06:36 PM
he has hair like black people though...well, hair like someone mixed with black. I wouldn't call the darkest Indian black because they don't look like black people to me. Horners do look mixed with black though

Black is a colour. You cannot "look" like a colour other than by skin tone. The logic of this is that SSA's dark skin tone is not exclusive to people with their same facial features. An Indian and a SSA person can be just as dark as one another.

Being SSA isn't equivalent to being black. You have dark-skinned people like the guy in the OP who are black but don't have the facial features, whereas you have black-Americans who are pale but have SSA facial features and hair.

wvwvw
12-27-2017, 06:36 PM
His wife is a head taller than him :D

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/portrait-of-ethiopianborn-swedish-chef-marcus-samuelsson-and-his-wife-picture-id121565815?s=612x612

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/marcus-samuelsson-and-wife-maya-haile-attend-the-12th-annual-unicef-picture-id626562682?s=612x612

dperucca
12-27-2017, 06:40 PM
I used to see him on "Chopped" a lot. I personally find Ethiopians tend to be the most attractive people on the horn.

JohnSmith
12-27-2017, 06:43 PM
I have to say his wife is not someone I would be with she is just way too tall.

amoora
12-27-2017, 06:47 PM
I have to say his wife is not someone I would be with she is just way too tall.

I can tell she's tall, but he also looks short and scrawny.

kingjohn
12-27-2017, 06:50 PM
looking at this photo with beard
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0167685d6e08970b-pi
i can feal he is e1b1b :wink

p.s
this guy is the living proof that caucasoide facial features exist in the horn area :)

Gangrel
12-27-2017, 07:14 PM
he is definitely pred. caucasoid

Black Panther
12-27-2017, 07:16 PM
he is definitely pred. caucasoid

I consider him a brother though. I am pred. Caucasoid too, doesn't mean shit. He is def. SSA admixed.

kingjohn
12-27-2017, 08:00 PM
only his skin colour begin and end with that
is facial features are caucosoide south arabian ......

Odin
12-27-2017, 10:21 PM
Aethiopid + Armenoid.