PDA

View Full Version : India Launches ‘Star Wars’ Missile Defense as China and Pakistan Join Forces

1R0N M4N XL
12-29-2017, 02:25 AM
http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/embed-lg/public/2017/12/28/rtx4gsu.jpg

India tested Thursday an advanced anti-missile system designed as part of atwo-tier defense against incoming threats, as rival regional military powers Pakistan and China enhance their strategic ties.

India successfully intercepted one of its ownPrithvi short-range ballistic missiles, launched from a test range in Chandipur, with a second missile fired from Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of the eastern state of Orissa by the country’ssupersonic advanced air defense system. Thissophisticated shield was likened by India’s NDTV and other outlets to former President Ronald Reagan’s Cold War–era “Star Wars” missile defense plan, which ultimately proved ill-fated.The test was the third to be conducted this year and the first since India and China tensions nearly boiled over during a summer border conflict.

India became the fourth country in the world—after the U.S., Russia and Israel—to develop a ballistic missile defense system back in 2007, the same year it announceda “Star Wars”–like plan to block nuclear missiles stockpiledby its neighbor Pakistan, The Guardian reported.

The two nuclear-armed South Asian rivals have engaged in several wars and an ongoing border conflict in the region of Kashmir since Pakistan was split from India at the end of British rule over the subcontinent in 1947. Both Pakistan and Indiahas routinely accused the other of funding terrorism and espionage on the other’s soil, further contributing to the heightened tensions that have made the region a flashpoint.

India became the fourth country in the world—after the U.S., Russia and Israel—to develop a ballistic missile defense system back in 2007, the same year it announceda “Star Wars”–like plan to block nuclear missiles stockpiledby its neighbor Pakistan, The Guardian reported.

The two nuclear-armed South Asian rivals have engaged in several wars and an ongoing border conflict in the region of Kashmir since Pakistan was split from India at the end of British rule over the subcontinent in 1947. Both Pakistan and Indiahas routinely accused the other of funding terrorism and espionage on the other’s soil, further contributing to the heightened tensions that have made the region a flashpoint.

http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/embed-lg/public/2017/12/28/chinapakistanflags.jpg

Over the course of the summer dispute, both China and Pakistan held military drills and continued to enhance their reciprocalties. Looking back at China’s military moves in 2017, Ren also emphasized the importance of joint air drills held in September by China and Pakistan. The 20-day Shaheen-VI combat exercise saw pilots of the countries flying side-by-side and sharing experiences to better integrate their defenses.

“In my view, during...China’s international military cooperation in the past year, one of the highlights is successful conducting of the joint training between Chinese and Pakistani air forces,” Ren said, according to the Associated Press of pakistan

http://www.newsweek.com/india-launches-star-wars-missile-defense-china-pakistan-join-forces-762347

Dick
12-29-2017, 02:35 AM
Fractal would make a great Darth Vader. I imagine him using the deathstar to blow up everything on earth except for Southern California, Germany and India cause they're Aryans and shiet.

Fractal
12-29-2017, 02:41 AM
Fractal would make a great Darth Vader. I imagine him using the deathstar to blow up everything on earth except for Southern California, Germany and India cause they're Aryans and shiet.

+1., don't worry I'll spare yours and your familys' residence.

Kamal900
12-29-2017, 02:42 AM

Oh god..I couldn't even imagine Darth Vader with a thick Indian accent. Ironically enough, Slavs and Balts today are the closest living people to the ancient PIE people of eastern Europe genetically.

Dick
12-29-2017, 02:47 AM
https://youtu.be/xh3Wveg4DMk