PDA

View Full Version : Married Man duped in Facebook hoax

Brynhild
02-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Cruel Facebook hoax ends marriage
February 17, 2009, 10:03 am

A married man who drove more than 600km to see a woman he met on Facebook has been the victim of a hoax by rival football supporters.

Manchester United fan, Stuart Slann, spent nine hours in his car travelling to meet "Emma", who he had been sharing suggestive emails with.

Believing he was about to enjoy their first night of romance together, Stuart, 39, finally arrived at a remote Scottish farm where he waited for the encounter.

More:http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5325538/cruel-facebook-hoax-ends-marriage/

Serves him right!

Treffie
02-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Good enough for him!:thumb001:

Gooding
02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Serves him right :D

Beorn
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
A man who was tricked into travelling 400 miles to meet a woman who did not exist has reportedly said the prank made his life "unbearable".
Stuart Slann, 39, drove from his Sheffield home to Aberdeen last month to meet "Emma", whom he met on Facebook, only to find the woman of his dreams had been created by two rival football fans he met on holiday.
Mr Slann said he had received 300 mocking emails a day since the hoaxers posted details of their scam on websites such as YouTube and Facebook.
He told the Sheffield Star: "I just can't take it any more, I'm leaving Sheffield and moving to Derby. It's gone way, way beyond a prank. My life is a nightmare at the moment, the abuse is unbearable."

He continued: "Apart from being an idiot, I've not done a lot wrong. It was a good con and I would have been proud of that myself. I thought it would die down in two days but it's carrying on."
He told the paper a lot of the negative comments were from people who believed he was a married man, whereas in fact his divorce was finalised last October and his trip to Cancun, Mexico, in November was intended as a celebration of the end of eight years of marriage.
It was there that he met, and bickered with, the unnamed Liverpool fans who masterminded the prank.

After returning from the trip, the men set up a fake Facebook account featuring a Scottish woman called Emma, and exchanged emails and text messages with their target before inviting him to Aberdeen.
A phone call the Manchester United fan received from the two men after he had waited for "Emma" near their arranged rendezvous for several hours was posted on YouTube.
Mr Slann has reportedly been bombarded with interview requests from magazines and television companies since the story of his wild goose chase broke, but as he no longer lives in the marital home, his ex-wife Louise, mother of his four-ear-old son, has been forced to deal with the calls.

Source (http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=14544644)

Seems the man was innocent all along. Good for him! :thumb001:

Absinthe
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
It's called "karma" :D

Jamt
02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Karma? The man was divorced.

Jamt
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
This is a married man duped and karma served.

The woman, who had three children by her lover, pretended for years that they were fathered by her husband, according to reports.

After years of suspecting his of infidelity, the husband who can't be named, finally discovered she had kept a lover for six of the fourteen years the couple had been together.

DNA tests showed that three of their four children had been fathered by the other man, the Times reports. The husband then took his wife to court, demanding compensation.

The court in Valencia, southeastern Spain, ordered her to pay €100,000 for the suffering she caused him. She fought the ruling, but the Supreme Court has upheld it, and doubled the damages to €200,000 .

Judges said that the compensation should be “higher than if the children had been killed in an accident”.

The wife was judged to have “acted negligently in the conception of her children”, and the concealment of the truth “only added to the pain caused to the husband” who should be compensated correctly.

In her defence, the woman told the court her extramarital activities had been “passionate and irregular” and blamed her husband for being cold, unfaithful and disinterested in the children.

The court ruled her claims were not credible.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4685231/Adulterous-Spanish-woman-told-to-pay-husband-200000-in-damages.html

Brynhild
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Ahem, in light of the latest News, it appears we should take such reports with a grain of salt.:confused::p

Baron Samedi
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Kind of a sad story all around.

I really feel for the child.