PDA

View Full Version : Latin Spanish or Castilian Spanish

poiuytrewq0987
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
So I've been thinking which version of the Spanish language I should learn and use. I would want to use the original, unmolested version which is Castilian Spanish but I'm not all too sure how practical would it be if it's not compatible with Latin Spanish in New Spain.

The Lawspeaker
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Castilian Spanish of course. The purer version of Spanish. I think that if people want to learn proper English they should at all cost try to avoid learning American English but instead go for British English.

The original language is always the purest. The only example of an exception is probably Dutch since in the colonies they still use words and expressions that we stopped using quite some time ago. Another beautiful example of that is Afrikaans.. although the spelling has been corrupted (I hate the word) over the centuries.

poiuytrewq0987
01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Castilian Spanish of course. The purer version of Spanish. I think that if people want to learn proper English they should at all cost try to avoid learning American English but instead go for British English.

I'm not sure whether the difference between Latin Spanish and Castilian Spanish is minimal like British English and American English. If it's minimal and is largely mutually intelligible then I will go for Castilian Spanish, if not, Latin Spanish.

The original language is always the purest. The only example for it is probably Dutch since in the colonies they still use words and expressions that we stopped using quite some time ago. Another beautiful example of that is Afrikaans.. although the spelling has been corrupted (I hate the word) over the centuries.

Of course but it's always interesting how the original language evolves into something different, unique but remain similar.

Lábaru
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Castillian, the other variants are an abomination.

poiuytrewq0987
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Castillian, the other variants are an abomination.

Care to elaborate?

Osweo
01-24-2011, 03:10 AM
:thumb001: ... but it's just English you're talking about! Why put a qualifier on it? Only the colonial ones should require that. ;)

Kind of suggests that the forms spoken in Britain are identical, too, whereas there is FAR more diversity here than between 'Standard English' and colonial varieties.

The original language is always the purest. The only example of an exception is probably Dutch since in the colonies they still use words and expressions that we stopped using quite some time ago.
No. There are aspects of New World and Antipodean English that recall various archaic features of the standard in the mother country. This is almost a RULE, indeed. Whenever a language divides, you'll get bits in each that seem archaic to the other.

Mind you, England is such a regional place that there's nothing in the colonies that hasn't ALSO survived here in a dialect.

I'm not sure whether the difference between Latin Spanish and Castilian Spanish is minimal like British English and American English. If it's minimal and is largely mutually intelligible then I will go for Castilian Spanish, if not, Latin Spanish.
It is minimal. :thumb001:

Wyn
01-24-2011, 06:50 AM
I'd go for Castilian without question. Aside from the fact that I'd obviously prefer to the learn the Spanish of the Spaniards, whenever I catch Latin Spanish on television etc. (it tends to be Mexican) it always sounds so...sleazy? Whiny? Not pleasant to listen to, anyway.

Comte Arnau
01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
I would want to use the original, unmolested version which is Castilian Spanish

Do you seriously think Castilian Spanish -or British English, or any other European standard of a colonial language- has remained unmolested?

[FONT="Tahoma"]Castilian Spanish of course. The purer version of Spanish.

The original language is always the purest. The only example of an exception is probably Dutch since in the colonies they still use words and expressions that we stopped using quite some time ago.

There is no such thing as a purest form, if by purest you mean unchanged. All variants develop in their own way, and ones get more accepted than others in particular areas, that's the simple truth. What you say about Dutch is also appliable to English, Spanish, French, Portuguese... you'll find words that are considered archaic in Europe being used in the Americas.

First, there is no such thing as a "Latin Spanish". There are several Latin Spanishes. Better choose between either the Castilian or Mexican parastandard.

Second, Castilian Spanish is the standard form of Spanish in Spain, but the whole Southern population speaks Southern Spanish.

Third, yes, it is mutually intelligible, at least in educated speech. Heavy use of slang and localisms would complicate things though, just like an American deciphering a drunk Scotsman.

CelticTemplar
01-25-2011, 01:46 AM

The original language is always the purest. The only example of an exception is probably Dutch since in the colonies they still use words and expressions that we stopped using quite some time ago. Another beautiful example of that is Afrikaans.. although the spelling has been corrupted (I hate the word) over the centuries.

I agree, go and learn the pure form of the language. But be warned that Castilian Spanish is drastically different from South American Spanish. It's more than just an accent, and it is hard for Castilians to understand SA Spanish. On paper it looks more or less the same, but when people talk it might as well be another language.

Take for instance me; I can speak fluent Portuguese and I can have a good conversation in Portuguese. However whenever I meet Brazilians, I can hardly understand a word of what they are saying. So it may not be of much use to you unless you plan to move to Spain. My recommendation is if you want to use it more often in the United States, learn South American Spanish. But if you want the pure form of the language, then go Castilian.

Don
01-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Castilian spanish was forged in the craddle of reconquista and ages of steel, honor and war, and is the original one that speak the true sons and pure descendants of Castilla or their forgers, it is "rare" since most of the speakers of spanish don't speak Castilian, but "latino" as they call it, mexican, ecuadorian, argentinian, cuban, guinean...

When you learn a language, something changes in you, your brain (You) changes and you adquire, in some way, traits of the speakers, some kind of symbyosis.

Election:

A) CASTILIAN:
http://www.e-requiem.com/images/tributos/29/5752-paco1.jpg
http://wa2.www.artehistoria.jcyl.es/granbat/jpg/BAC09737.jpg

B) OTHER SPANISH
http://www.periodismoenlared.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/evo_morales1.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Wt5fEfiCuTA/StH5U2aVnyI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/Vv0uaSPgsiU/s400/trini.jpg

Blossom
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
This reminds me when I went to Cervantes Institute and there were southamericans teaching ''spanish'', they were teaching southamerican, ofc and when I started to talk to some dutch girl she talked like a southamerican...it sounded awful.

Southamerican: ''Ahorita nos vamos a tomar una banana''.
Castilian: ''Ahora vamos a comer un plátano.''

I plenty recommend you CASTILIAN, sounds elegant, neat and pure. Southamerican is awful. Like hearing a bunch of monkeys trying to speak castilian, distorting the pure version of castilian.

Southamerican lost that european Latin root which sounds so nice on pure languages as castilian or italian...they introduce indian words and make it sound disgusting.

Dario Argento
02-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I agree, go and learn the pure form of the language. But be warned that Castilian Spanish is drastically different from South American Spanish. It's more than just an accent, and it is hard for Castilians to understand SA Spanish. On paper it looks more or less the same, but when people talk it might as well be another language.

Take for instance me; I can speak fluent Portuguese and I can have a good conversation in Portuguese. However whenever I meet Brazilians, I can hardly understand a word of what they are saying. So it may not be of much use to you unless you plan to move to Spain. My recommendation is if you want to use it more often in the United States, learn South American Spanish. But if you want the pure form of the language, then go Castilian.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. First, There's no "South American" Spanish. I sound nothing like a Mexican or a Chilean. Second, although recognizably different, the changes are not so drastic and you will be able to understand any other Spanish speaker unless it's too extreme. From my Argentinean perspective the most horrible and lowclass sounding dialects are Chilean, Caribbean and Andalusian respectively (which are somehow related, except Chilean has a Mapuche "overtone" and Andalusian sounds Arabic or berber influenced). If you want to learn Castillian, don't learn the southern variants. I have friends from Zaragoza and they're the most clear sounding ones.

All dialects evolved in different manners, and under different influences, I speak the way I'm supposed to speak in my country and I don't care about what the foreigners in neighboring countries or the other side of the sea think. For me most of them sound like low-class assbabling, with those horrible s-dropping accents Chileans, Andalusians and Caribbeans talk with.

And also, making some sort of "South American standard" won't help you in places like Mexico. Mexican dialects sound equally foreign to almost all of us, be it Chileans, peruvians, argentines... etc.

I'm doing vast generalizations of course, as there are people in all places that can more or less extrude correct sounds.

Either way, you shouldn't worry. Since you're Serbian it's most likely you'll have a funny slavic accent and you won't sound close to neither Spaniards or Latin Americans in particular.

If everybody cared about speaking "purely" Castillian, Portuguese, Catalan, italian, romanian wouldn't exist and we would all speak Latin, or proto-Indo European for that matter.

BTW, I have never heard "vamos a tomar una banana" used for "we're going to eat a banana". That would be "let's take a banana"

This is a form of Castillian Spanish, and sounds horrible, low class; nothing alike the people here is describing:

NskPtrqMr1s

And this is Chilean, equally horrible:
LaP6QIrMjYw

Argentina/Uruguay:
lcPrVFw2CuM

Mexican:
J6j91BNVdJ4

Lábaru
02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
This is a form of Castillian Spanish, and sounds horrible, low class; nothing alike the people here is describing:

NskPtrqMr1s

That's not Castilian Spanish, Si vamos a poner ejemplos de español castellano, hagámoslo con propiedad.

This is castilian Spanish.

hqCsIioWihY

qDf6mgKhrbY

perikolez
02-16-2011, 09:49 AM
There isnt latin spanish and castilian spanish. Latin is for Rome(Lazio) not for amerindians, and castilian is sinonimous of spanish language. Castilian is the name of the language, not a dialect. In Southamerica is also named as castilian in countries like Argentina or Chile.

There are many spanish dialects , and Spain, and each country has his standard dialect. In Argentina the standard is rioplatense, but in northern Argentine speak diferently. In Spain , the standard is northern castilian, but Andalucia, Extremadura or even in Salamanca or Leon have diferent dialects , and in Andalucia itself , there many accents. My favourite version is evidently basque spanish from Bilbao:D, that is very similar to the standard of Spain

Blossom
02-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Well...I speak castilian as motherlanguage. I met southamericans from Chile, Peru and Bolivia and I understand A SHIT. In the other hand, I do understand Andalusians and other 'dialects' from Spain.
In any case, the spanish language which spanish brought on South America with Colón, it got lost between all the indian terms amerindians used. So we cant say that southamerican speak a 'type os spanish'. No. They speak 'a type of southamerican'. A 'type of spanish' its andalusian or 'gallego'...but not southamerican:coffee:

I hate the -ita and -ito...but I like the -ico and -ica.

Matritensis
02-16-2011, 10:22 AM
On the other hand expressions and uses that were common in Spain centuries ago are still used in some parts of South America,and often I hear much better Spanish spoken by very poor and humble people from Méjico,for example,than the incredibly poor language spoken by many teenagers nowadays in Spain.

Lábaru
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
On the other hand expressions and uses that were common in Spain centuries ago are still used in some parts of South America,and often I hear much better Spanish spoken by very poor and humble people from Méjico,for example,than the incredibly poor language spoken by many teenagers nowadays in Spain.

Can not say it seriously, despite politically correct it sounds.

My favourite version is evidently basque spanish from Bilbao:D, that is very similar to the standard of Spain

No está mal, pero prefiero la de los cántabros aunque hablemos cantando. En general mis preferidas son las de centro y norte peninsular, exceptuando Cataluña que no me gusta su acento nasal. En el Sur tolero la de Andalucía Oriental y tan solo a su clase media y alta.

Matritensis
02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Can not say it seriously, despite politically correct it sounds.

Sorry,I've seen it sometimes.People in Spain speak worse and worse every time.About writing,I don't even want to comment anything.

Lábaru
02-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Sorry,I've seen it sometimes.People in Spain speak worse and worse every time.About writing,I don't even want to comment anything.

Sometimes true, but try to watch a movie on "Latino".

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
the spanish language which spanish brought on South America with Colón, it got lost between all the indian terms amerindians used.

Common Amerindian terms are hardly more than two or three dozens...

So we cant say that southamerican speak a 'type os spanish'. No. They speak 'a type of southamerican'. A 'type of spanish' its andalusian or 'gallego'...but not southamerican:coffee:

Everyone is entitled to have personal impressions and preferences, but let's say objective linguistics is not your strong point. There is no such thing as South American Spanish. What's more, coastal dialects in the Americas are closer to the southern Spanish ones, while highland dialects are closer to Castilian.

Not to mention that Galician is not a Spanish variety.

I hate the -ita and -ito...but I like the -ico and -ica.[/B]

Diminutives like -ito/-ita or -illo/-illa are the real Castilian diminutives. Those like -ico/-ica, -ín/-ina, -iño/-iña, -ete/-eta are non-Castilian influences on Spanish. That's why they're far more typical in specific areas.

I completely agree. It is really sad having to correct those young Spanish nationalists in their own language, lol. :D (But well, it's the same everywhere, it's also pathetic when Catalan nationalists speak Catañol. If you're to defend your folk, begin by speaking the language properly.)

Oh, btw, is it deliberately that you wrote Mexico with a j?

En general mis preferidas son las de centro y norte peninsular, exceptuando Cataluña que no me gusta su acento nasal.

Ya me extrañaba a mí...

Yo no soporto como hablan el castellano los ecuatorianos y bolivianos, aunque yo no soy una persona imparcial, porque probablemente sean los especimenes humanos que menos me gustan del planeta. Incluso me gusta mas como hablan el castellano los rumanos(gitanos incluidos:D). Tambien deberiamos hacer un estudio de las variantes dialectales de los gitanos españoles y su vocabulario. Lo de fragoneta en vez de furgoneta pensaba que era un mito, pero tras oirselo a una gitana de Sestao en un programa de ETB, segun parece si que es verdad que lo dicen asi:D.

¿Qué hay del errumantxela, por cierto? ¿Es un mito o existe? Porque el caló catalán sí existe, yo se lo he oído a gitanas viejas catalanas de las que no se identifican con las gitanas andaluzas.

Amapola
02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. First, There's no "South American" Spanish. I sound nothing like a Mexican or a Chilean.

You should take your own words, and don't speak of an "Andlausian" Spanish then, as it is doesn't exist. Andalusia is as big as Galicia, Asturias... and the rest of the North of Spain.

From my Argentinean perspective the most horrible and lowclass sounding dialects are Chilean, Caribbean and Andalusian respectively (which are somehow related, except Chilean has a Mapuche "overtone" and Andalusian sounds Arabic or berber influenced).

In Andalusia it doesn't exist a political unity, let alone a whole homogeneus type. Philologists distinguish three different types of Andalusian: the western, the transitional and the Eastern type. Depending on the type or "habla", for example, in Sevilla there is influence of the native language and the astur-leonés; not forgetting the effects of the galizian repopulation. In Almeria they speak much more like Murcians. And Ever type and subtype in Andlausia takes part of a whole southern type of Spanish also shared with Murcia, the bordering areas of Castilla la Mancha and parts of Extremadura, like Badajoz. So you have to be more clear about what Andalusian type you mean out of the 3 types and a few subtypes. :lightbul:

Regarding the lowclass, it is a pity that due to the cultural industrial inequalities in the past, Andalusian has been normally related to country bumpkins and "aldeanismo", which, on the other hand, exists in any other region of Spain and the world. Gallegos and aragoneses have their deal of this too. Sad. You can hear a high-brow Andalusian like a low-brow central castilian, of course with its particular cadence and intonation, and lexicon, but apparently it cost a life to get rid of stereotypes. You are the living example. As a matter of fact, the first grammarian of the Castilian language was an Andalusian.

Berber and arabic sound different, but giving up on the possibility that you know it, given your previous comments, and taking into account that you apply to the "stereotypical T.V Andalusian" where "j" is aspirated, you should know that the Castilian velar, fricative J is much more similar to the J sound in Arabic that the Andalusian J that sounds like an aspirated "h".

As a matter of fact, the Spanish J sounds phonetically more similar to the /x/ sound of the Gaelic languages than to the semitic J"'s".

Ruling the "J" out, what other phonological and phonetics sounds of Andalusian are similar to Arabic (unlike all the other types of Spanish)? I am really curious :cool:

Wyn
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
El gallego es un dialecto del español.

What? Who told you that? :confused:

Ibericus
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM

NskPtrqMr1s

That's CANARIAN spanish, not Castilian

Blossom
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
What? Who told you that? :confused:

Teacher, a while ago.. in any case, forget it. As you see I already corrected that.

Blossom
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
En fin. Y el cielo es azul.

If you dont agree you can tell it. But that's what book says (at least mine).

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 02:25 PM
If you dont agree you can tell it. But that's what book says (at least mine).

Ok, let's see.

Las lenguas constitucionales:
-El euskera
-El catalán
-El gallego

The Constitution doesn't mention languages in specific, other than Castilian. Therefore, what is a Constitutional language? It is in each Statute where languages are mentioned. Therefore, yes, Basque, Catalan (or Valencian) and Galician are official, but also Gascon from Aran, the third official language in Catalonia. Both Asturian and Aragonese are also recognized and might be official in the near future.

El español. Variedades geográficas:
1. Variedades históricas:
-El navarroaragonés
-El asturleonés

That's what books in the 20th century said. They called Asturian and Aragonese "historical varieties/dialects" because they were aware that they are not Castilian dialects, as they come from Latin just like Castilian, Galician or Catalan do, but they didn't want to call them languages for lack of a prestigious standard. The fact is they are languages in their own right and as such are they recognized by linguists since several decades ago. So no, they are not geographical varieties of Spanish.

2. El castellano en la zona meridional:
-El andaluz
-El canario
-El extremeño
-El murciano

This is true, but simplist. There is not only one Andalusian dialect, for example.

El español de América:
- Variedades del español de América que han recibido mayor influencia del andaluz y del canario (debido a los numerosos intercambios económicos con estas regiones): el caribeño y el rioplatense.
- Variedades que han recibido mayor influencia del navarroaragonés y el asturiano: centroamérica, colombiano-ecuatoriana ribereña y chilena.
- Variedades más cercanas al español estándar: mexicano, colombiano y peruano ribereño centrales.

This is way too simplist and very arguable too. For instance, Colombian is very different in the highlands or in the northern coast, where it's rather Caribbean. The fact is that there are many different ways of classifying American Spanish varieties, and each one of them is partially true.

Blossom
02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Then, should be burn this book? :lol: it was my Bachiller's Language book lol..

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Then, should be burn this book? :lol: it was my Bachiller's Language book lol..

Lol. All books are useful. I'm just saying that they are not the most reliable of sources. School books are always simplist, outdated and biased.

You made me wonder now what my school books must have said about genetics and world history. At the fast pace everything goes in these fields, they must be pretty outdated, lol.

Blossom
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Lol. All books are useful. I'm just saying that they are not the most reliable of sources. School books are always simplist, outdated and biased.

You made me wonder now what my school books must have said about genetics and world history. At the fast pace everything goes in these fields, they must be pretty outdated, lol.

Well, I've just copied that part. Ofc they explain smth more but that was the basic.. :) in any case, we all know that life at uni its way different than school (I mean for the info they share with us, students).

Dario Argento
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Well...I speak castilian as motherlanguage. I met southamericans from Chile, Peru and Bolivia and I understand A SHIT. In the other hand, I do understand Andalusians and other 'dialects' from Spain.
In any case, the spanish language which spanish brought on South America with Colón, it got lost between all the indian terms amerindians used. So we cant say that southamerican speak a 'type os spanish'. No. They speak 'a type of southamerican'. A 'type of spanish' its andalusian or 'gallego'...but not southamerican:coffee:

I hate the -ita and -ito...but I like the -ico and -ica.

You can't understand a shit? I guess it's probably because you're an immigrant from some slavic country. Because I can understand all dialects/accents pretty easily, although some are harder than another. And please, don't show this stupidity, you are more intelligent than that. There are no "South American" language.

Amerindian influence in Castillian dialects in South America is way less significant than Arabic or Germanic influence in standard Spanish. And there are terms that even made it to English, like "Condor" from Quechua "kuntur".

The only language in this side of the sea that is a total bastardization is Haitian creole. I can guarantee you that shit isn't French at all.

Are we going to say North American or Australian are languages that English people can't understand too?

It's not like people here are extruding random Native words while speaking Castillian just for fun

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 05:55 PM
The Amerindian words used in some American varieties are in fact reduced to some typical products from the Americas, such as chipotle, guacamole and so on. The other words that look so 'Latin American' to many Spaniards can in reality be found in rural villages of Spain or have been used in Spain in the past, it's just they simply aren't part of the Castilian standard any more. But people nowadays have very limited language skills.

Dario Argento
02-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Low class Mexican is pretty hard to follow. Their vowels are a bit closed like in Portuguese. The one middle or high class people use has a distinctive sound too, but it's pretty easily to digest for everyone.

Dario Argento
02-16-2011, 05:58 PM
The Amerindian words used in some American varieties are in fact reduced to some typical products from the Americas, such as chipotle, guacamole and so on. The other words that look so 'Latin American' to many Spaniards can in reality be found in rural villages of Spain or have been used in Spain in the past, it's just they simply aren't part of the Castilian standard any more. But people nowadays have very limited language skills.

One example is a term we use "verga". I've seen also Mexicans used it, and apparently it comes from Latin "virga" but I've never seen anyone from the Peninsula using it. Spaniards use "polla".

So which is more correct? Virga is a reference to phallus while polla is.... a female chicken

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
We're obviously talking about educated speech. The more slang is used, the less people from different countries understand each other. But that can be said of any language. The internal cohesion of Spanish or English is strong, very strong, when you compare it to other very spoken languages such as Arabic, Chinese or Hindustani.

Blossom
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM
You can't understand a shit? I guess it's probably because you're an immigrant from some slavic country. Because I can understand all dialects/accents pretty easily, although some are harder than another. And please, don't show this stupidity, you are more intelligent than that. There are no "South American" language.

Amerindian influence in Castillian dialects in South America is way less significant than Arabic or Germanic influence in standard Spanish. And there are terms that even made it to English, like "Condor" from Quechua "kuntur".

The only language in this side of the sea that is a total bastardization is Haitian creole. I can guarantee you that shit isn't French at all.

Are we going to say North American or Australian are languages that English people can't understand too?

It's not like people here are extruding random Native words while speaking Castillian just for fun

You're the one who DOES NOT understand what I've just said. And btw, I'm not even a slavic. So be careful what shit you're talking around:) My motherlanguage is spanish dude...you talk crap. LOL.
I didnt said THERE'S SOUTH AMERICAN LANGUAGE, dude, I said I personally call it like that because all those are the same for me since I dont give a shit what they talk like, because I've never met a NORMAL southamerican.:coffee:
Ok? So next time read better and...learn some PURE CASTILIAN;).

Comte Arnau
02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
One example is a term we use "verga". I've seen also Mexicans used it, and apparently it comes from Latin "virga" but I've never seen anyone from the Peninsula using it. Spaniards use "polla".

So which is more correct? Virga is a reference to phallus while polla is.... a female chicken

The difference is of use and context. Verga is a common colloquial word in parts of Latin America, while in Spain it is more literary, figurated or humorous.

Of course one can find semantic differences too. Cola will be used for the penis in Spain but for the backside in Latin America. But the same happens with the word 'fanny' in English, for instance. These changes happen.

Treffie
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd love to know what you guys are talking about; remember some of us are crap at Spanish! :p

Treffie
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Oi, shitbags! :(

Innar
02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I suggest you learn portuguese as spoken in Brazil instead, I understand 95% of what they say both in Spain and the Americas. Actually, I even understand some of that weird slavic language they speak in Portugal.

FHg_X6zqfxo

I wonder how much you Spaniards understand of our language?

Korbis
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Latin american spanish is just dumb. Accent sounds like they were always whining, specially with the mexicans . Argentinians sound like horny italians, which is a bit less unpleasant.

Half of their "slang" are just english words with an -o added at the end, they lack imagination.

Treffie
02-17-2011, 11:53 AM
For the benefit of the OP and the non-Spanish speakers of the forum, non English posts deleted.

Don
02-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Latin american spanish is just dumb. Accent sounds like they were always whining, specially with the mexicans . Argentinians sound like horny italians, which is a bit less unpleasant.

Half of their "slang" are just english words with an -o added at the end, they lack imagination.

http://www.luiscordero.com/bender/nacimiento_y_juventud_de_bender/bender_aplauso.jpg

I concluded that a language is forged in the origins by people, by a culture and ethnic group. So the traits of these humans build and give identity and form to a language.

The Castilian is a Language of rude warriors with armors, swords and leather capes, of Hard people from a context of Reconquista whose way of life was the war for survival against infamous invaders without honor. These were the elements that forged the identity of Castilians and the castilian, the honor, the caballerosidad and the courage, elements that defined these people much time before the latin arrived to these lands.

This is an important element that defined the language of Castilian.
SEE and HEAR this video to understand a little more my words and the genesis.

6x6gCLh2YaI

When this language is taught to people from the other part of the world, like the amerindians from mesoamérica, the congruence of the language and their forgers, enters into conflict with the essence of the speakers and we find these degenerations and parodies of Mexicans speakin castilian like a big parody of a language of handsome and rude men of weapons spoken by perpetual crying and whinning teenagers with feminised voices... for example.

It is true that our language in our lands is spoken worst and worst by our young ones, a cause of our political movements to aculturate us, part of the ethnocide.

BUT they are, despite the worst level of abilities with the language, the Cristianos Viejos, the true inheritors of the language and the men and women that once forged it.

So, the essence persists and there is no incongruence because that is THEIR language the one that their ancestors, their blood and their race forged.

Comte Arnau
02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
^ Remember that whenever you boast about the 450 million people that speak your language, lol.

Don
02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
^ Remember that whenever you boast about the 450 million people that speak your language, lol.

400 millions of people speak the wrong language and enter into incongruence because of that. My identity as Cristiano Viejo and my purity in the pedigree as Castellano, Castilian makes me one of these rare, authentic and real inheritors of these men and women and, in consequence, of this noble language.

Blossom
02-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Amerindians-spaniardized ''spanish'' its lame. Sorry. I still prefer the Castilian spoken by spanish from Spain. Sounds way better, elegant and melodic than any other weird language they call ''spanish'' aswell from South America. I just cant stand when they open the mouth and start blaspheming such a beautiful language as a nice ''pure'' Castilian.

Gaztelu
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
First off, the "Spanish" language you're referrring to is called Castilian. Calling the Castilian language "Spanish" is like calling the English language the British language, due to the fact that there are many languages spoken in Spain and Britain.

You should consider learning Iberian Castilian over American Castilian.

Fincher
12-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Bump.

Han Cholo
12-25-2013, 06:49 AM
I bet all these (inactive) Spanish users saying Mexican Spanish sounds femenine would shit their pants if they heard me speak in the phone. :D

Fincher
12-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Examples of 'pure' Iberian Spanish

http://youtu.be/kJyTXevQrtQ

http://youtu.be/XC8Qh1lKFmQ

Comte Arnau
01-13-2014, 12:05 AM

Lol. Just like Texan and Appalachian are representatives of pure American English.

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
I love it :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d9uENfaxp8

you can't hear a single 's' in the entire speech of the 'teacher'.

bisharraco...;) andalucians are unique.

Armand_Duval
01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
So I've been thinking which version of the Spanish language I should learn and use. I would want to use the original, unmolested version which is Castilian Spanish but I'm not all too sure how practical would it be if it's not compatible with Latin Spanish in New Spain.

What are you talking about? The "New Spain" spanish is excellent.

afrotaino
01-13-2014, 01:57 AM

http://youtu.be/kJyTXevQrtQ

http://youtu.be/XC8Qh1lKFmQ

Hahahahaahahhaah, is good the videos, but this not it's pure castillian

Leo Iscariot
01-13-2014, 02:08 AM
There is no uniform "Latin Spainsh". All Latin American countries have their own unique dialect. If there is any place claiming to teach a "Latin American" variant, it is almost always going to be based on Standard Mexican dialect, minus the Amerindian words.

Anyway, your choice really boils down to one question: Do you want to have a lisp when you speak? Yes, or No?

Comte Arnau
01-13-2014, 01:02 PM
There is no uniform "Latin Spainsh". All Latin American countries have their own unique dialect. If there is any place claiming to teach a "Latin American" variant, it is almost always going to be based on Standard Mexican dialect, minus the Amerindian words.

Anyway, your choice really boils down to one question: Do you want to have a lisp when you speak? Yes, or No?

English speakers already have a lisp (THink, THank, THorn, THrough...) so they shouldn't have any problems with it.

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 01:08 PM

'Me voy de casa'

En latinoamerica esto puede significar que abondonas el hogar o te vas al monte a cazar conejos, :rolleyes: , en españa solo significa lo primero.

Y azín milloneh y milloneh de ehemploh.

Y además el 'lisp' queda sexy y sofisticado al mismo tiempo, campesinos, que sois todos unos campesinos.

Incal
01-13-2014, 01:10 PM
It's the same actually. But regarding pronunciation, LatAm spanish (besides the caribbean and chilean maybe) is easier to learn and easier to understand.

Incal
01-13-2014, 01:13 PM
'Me voy de casa'

En latinoamerica esto puede significar que abondonas el hogar o te vas al monte a cazar conejos, :rolleyes: , en españa solo significa lo primero.

Y así milloneh y milloneh de ehemploh.

Y además el 'lisp' queda sexy y sofisticado al mismo tiempo, campesinos, que sois todos unos campesinos.

Doy fé de ello, me pasó con un amigo español cuando le hablé de "cazar" y pensó que quería contraer matrimonio. Por supuesto esto no es un problema en LatAm porque aquí somos más pícaros y trabajamos mucho con el contexto. Será por eso también que somos los amos del "doble sentido".

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Doy fé de ello, me pasó con un amigo español cuando le hablé de "cazar" y pensó que quería contraer matrimonio. Por supuesto esto no es un problema en LatAm porque aquí somos más pícaros y trabajamos mucho con el contexto. Será por eso también que somos los amos del "doble sentido".

no estoy seguro pero creo que el ceceo (lisp) es una característica nueva que se introdujo en el español de españa en el siglo XVII o por ahí, o sea que nunca hubo 'ceceo' en america y allí hablan un castellano mas cercano al original (aquella antiqualla ;) )

Así que el Cid Campeador hablaba mas como Evo Morales que como Cristiano Viejo o yo, hay que joderse. :(

Comte Arnau
01-13-2014, 01:20 PM
'Me voy de casa'

That's right. The distinction is the best thing to have happened to Middle Spanish, even if I myself dislike the TH sound, which is very un-Romance. I, however, love the pronunciation of Old Spanish, when it was really Romance, with s's and z's sounding as in Catalan or Portuguese, and corazon was coratsón.

dude
01-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I would say it depends. If you are in Europe then go for Spaniard Spanish. If you go to LatinAm then learn New Spain Spanish, however I don't think there is any big difference. If you go to California, then it does not matter, because the illiterate immigrants don't speak well anyways.

Incal
01-13-2014, 01:26 PM
no estoy seguro pero creo que el ceceo (lisp) es una característica nueva que se introdujo en el español de españa en el siglo XVII o por ahí, o sea que nunca hubo 'ceceo' en america y allí hablan un castellano mas cercano al original (aquella antiqualla ;) )

Así que el Cid Campeador hablaba mas como Evo Morales que como Cristiano Viejo o yo, hay que joderse. :(

LOL algo similar dicen sobre el portugués que se habla en Brasil y el de Portugal. Pero vale la pena hacer una aclaración. Hay un abismo de diferencia entre el castellano que se habla en las zonas urbanas y el de las zonas rurales. Por ejemplo el castellano que se habla en Lima la capital, es uno de los más claros y neutros que he oído en mi vida mientras que el de de Puno por ejemplo (al sur, cercano a la frontera de Bolivia) es una de las peores aberraciones e insultos al castellano que puedan existir.

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 01:32 PM
That's right. The distinction is the best thing to have happened to Middle Spanish, even if I myself dislike the TH sound, which is very un-Romance. I, however, love the pronunciation of Old Spanish, when it was really Romance, with s's and z's sounding as in Catalan or Portuguese, and corazon was coratsón.

very un-romance? , why?, this and 'rr' sound are my fovorites.

very unromance is the portuguese that sounds like russian.

and 'th' sound is very contagious and easy to assimilate, catalan speakers could testify that.

Comte Arnau
01-13-2014, 01:40 PM
very un-romance? , why?, this and 'rr' sound are my fovorites.

very unromance is the portuguese that sounds like russian.

Very un-Romance because you won't find it in the other Romance languages. Well, in Galician, Asturian and Aragonese, but you get the idea.

The worst is the jota, which is super-un-Romance. I hate that sound, looks like you're cleaning your throat. But it sounds even worst in Dutch or Hebrew.

Portuguese has remained more Romance, although they went Frenchie and copied that horrible throat R, instead of the beautiful Romance trill. :)

and 'th' sound is very contagious and easy to assimilate, catalan speakers could testify that.

It is not easy to assimilate at all. Catalan speakers who had little contact with Spanish always pronounced it with an S, and the jotas with a K (maco, caraquillo, etc.). Things have changed now because everybody is bilingual since as early as 5 or 6 years old.

Same goes for people learning the TH in English. Here we have no problem, but listen to Italians or Russians speaking in English. They say tink or sink instead of think. Yeah, the sound is easy, you only have to put your tongue between your teeth, but for some reason they find it difficult to remember.

Incal
01-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Todos los idiomas van cambiando, es un proceso elemental de la vida. Eso es lo que mola de las lenguas romances: Ver qué tienen en común y en qué han cambiado, cómo poco a poco ganaron personalidad respecto a las otras. Vivir en el pasado es de tristes.

Carlito's Way
01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
im not a fan of Spanish from Spain, it sounds very feminine, the same way English from England does

Empecinado
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Sí, el ceceo y la pronunciación de la jota son del siglo XVI, y muchas palabras que consideramos propias de panchitos vienen del castellano más rancio y castizo solo que aquí se han perdido. Aunque la entonación del castellano antiguo probablemente era similar a la de gallegos y portugueses hablando español, mucho más que a cualquier acento español de América.

im not a fan of Spanish from Spain, it sounds very feminine, the same way English from England does

Standar Spanish from Spain sounds more sober than most of the other Spanish accents and Romance languages.

kabeiros
01-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Very un-Romance because you won't find it in the other Romance languages. Well, in Galician, Asturian and Aragonese, but you get the idea.

The worst is the jota, which is super-un-Romance. I hate that sound, looks like you're cleaning your throat. But it sounds even worst in Dutch or Hebrew. The th, jota and rr sounds are what makes Greek and Spanish sound similar despite being in different language families and only distantly related. I hate the jota sound but th and rr are among my favorite!

afrotaino
01-13-2014, 02:59 PM
El Español o Castellano es una lengua diversa y rica en vocabulario ha tenido muchas Fuentes para mi ahi radica la grandeza del Castellano, para mi el acento caribeño y canario junto con el andaluz y el gallego son los mejores, respeto los otros pero para mi estos tienen mejlr vocalizacion y son graciosos al oido :D

Han Cholo
01-13-2014, 03:28 PM

I would be for pronouncing "corazón" as "corazón" and "crecer" as "cretser" in Mexican Spanish. It just doesn't seem right to have that many homophone sounds to me, but speaking Mexican Spanish with "ceceo" just seems wrong and out of place. The double c would be replaced by "x" sound, as it sounds weird to pronounce it as "actsion", "axión" just rolls easier. I'd be up for turning the silent "h" into a softer "j" too, and finally a sharper distinction between v and b.

I don't dislike "j", like "th"; it's what gives Spanish a sharper edge.

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Todos los idiomas van cambiando, es un proceso elemental de la vida. Eso es lo que mola de las lenguas romances: Ver qué tienen en común y en qué han cambiado, cómo poco a poco ganaron personalidad respecto a las otras. Vivir en el pasado es de tristes.

y además es imposible.

yo he intentado usar algunas palabras en desuso en españa como 'platicar' u otras así pero es descoratsonador :p, me miran como a un imbécil, los gilipollas.

B01AB20
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
It is not easy to assimilate at all. Catalan speakers who had little contact with Spanish always pronounced it with an S, and the jotas with a K (maco, caraquillo, etc.). Things have changed now because everybody is bilingual since as early as 5 or 6 years old.

Same goes for people learning the TH in English. Here we have no problem, but listen to Italians or Russians speaking in English. They say tink or sink instead of think. Yeah, the sound is easy, you only have to put your tongue between your teeth, but for some reason they find it difficult to remember.

I have the impression that 'th' sound is the most 'tolerated' castillian sound when speaking catalan, and the most 'wrongly released' when catalans speak catalan. (se les escapa de vez en cuando alguna que otra 'z')

Incal
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
The worst is the jota, which is super-un-Romance. I hate that sound, looks like you're cleaning your throat. But it sounds even worst in Dutch or Hebrew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9F2mGLqKo

Comte Arnau
01-13-2014, 11:34 PM
I would be for pronouncing "corazón" as "corazón" and "crecer" as "cretser" in Mexican Spanish. It just doesn't seem right to have that many homophone sounds to me, but speaking Mexican Spanish with "ceceo" just seems wrong and out of place.

Careful, ceceo is different from distinction. Ceceo is only produced in some local southern areas and considered quite redneck in Spain. It's saying everything with a th-sound, even normal s. So that a word like "el sol" sounds "air thaw". :D

I have the impression that 'th' sound is the most 'tolerated' castillian sound when speaking catalan, and the most 'wrongly released' when catalans speak catalan. (se les escapa de vez en cuando alguna que otra 'z')

Jota is just assimilated all the same. The fact that jotas don't exist in Catalan doesn't mean anything. Just take a look at how Catalans say "house" in English. They should say "aus", like the French or Italians, but no, Catalans commit the same mistake as Spaniards and say "jaus", with a rough Spanish jota, because they have the sound assimilated since childhood. On the other hand, knowing the Spanish zeta helps us to have no problem with the English th.

Gauthier
01-15-2014, 06:09 AM
I bet all these (inactive) Spanish users saying Mexican Spanish sounds femenine would shit their pants if they heard me speak in the phone. :D

I believe is the other way around. That accent many Spaniards have as if they had a potato in their mouth sound quite beta to say the least. No pun intended though. :coffee:

Just compare.

Spanish from Mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekzZnult2g

Spanish from Spain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQsjKbUIqUg

Han Cholo
01-15-2014, 06:17 AM
I believe is the other way around. That accent many Spaniards have as if they had a potato in their mouth sound quite beta to say the least. No pun intended though. :coffee:

Just compare.

Spanish from Mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekzZnult2g

Spanish from Spain

The video doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6FLRxtWhg

I speak more or less like him. I don't have the bad ass baritone voice though.

Comte Arnau
01-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Spanish from Spain

That is not Castilian, but Southern Spanish from Western Andalusia, which is closer to the Latin American varieties and therefore soft and femenine.

This video shows how a woman in Castilian sound rougher than two men in Mexican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60iEqimmy1c

B01AB20
01-15-2014, 01:17 PM
hasta el mas conspicuo mariposón español tiene un timbre de voz 4 o 5 veces mas macho y masculino que cualquier manito de por esos mundos...

una prueba, aquí este buen hombre nos habla de lo felizzzz que es con su marido ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muUW0Qq0xs

Gauthier
01-15-2014, 05:18 PM
That is not Castilian, but Southern Spanish from Western Andalusia, which is closer to the Latin American varieties and therefore soft and femenine.

This video shows how a woman in Castilian sound rougher than two men in Mexican.

These Spanish telenovela actors should be closer to the overall neutral language in Spain... yet it still sounds not so manly with that weird ''shhhh'' they have when speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C46CA8APBUc

In that second video I don't see how the Spanish woman sounds ''rough''. All I hear is a woman in her menstrual period going nutz saying a bunch of nonsense.

Now compare those betas to Lalo Mora and Julian Garza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCfyy06WAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMNnUVVc7wM

Han Cholo
01-15-2014, 05:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60iEqimmy1c

That sounds like she's having an hormonal attack. Senselessly screaming and cursing "hijoputas" doesn't necessarily make your standard dialect "rougher". Pero bueno, como sea creo que se la cojen al final.

Empecinado
01-15-2014, 05:34 PM
This is quite representative of the standard Castilian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7AamgHWKY

Gauthier
01-15-2014, 07:14 PM
hasta el mas conspicuo mariposón español tiene un timbre de voz 4 o 5 veces mas macho y masculino que cualquier manito de por esos mundos...

una prueba, aquí este buen hombre nos habla de lo felizzzz que es con su marido ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muUW0Qq0xs

Ufff... nadamas de escuchar a este amigo el tipo de tu video se iba de nalgas. Jaja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2NZQ49Rtbg

B01AB20
01-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Y desde la otra acera que?, cual es acento hispano mas indicado, y mas afeminado en el mal sentido de la palabra, para hablar 'gay'? :eek:

En este canal dedicado al mundo LGBT lo tienen claro, y yo también; la verdad es que parece inventado para ellos el acentito... cada vez que enlaza dos palabras con ese pronunciación del sonido 'll' tan voluptuosa se me eriza todo el vello del cuerpo... y especialmente los pelos del culo se me ponen como escarpias!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBcUkt0UI4

Damião de Góis
01-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Portuguese has remained more Romance, although they went Frenchie and copied that horrible throat R, instead of the beautiful Romance trill. :)

I've said this like 50 times, but i don't think that it's possible for a whole population all of a sudden starting copying the Rs of another nation... in the 1800s with no TV, no internet and no other way for a foreign language to spread its influence...

Comte Arnau
01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I've said this like 50 times, but i don't think that it's possible for a whole population all of a sudden starting copying the Rs of another nation... in the 1800s with no TV, no internet and no other way for a foreign language to spread its influence...

Because it was not all of a sudden. But you don't need radio or TV to spread an influence, they only help making it faster. Two centuries are more than enough for an upper-class urban trend to be copied by all who want to look like them and not rural. From what I know, even with TV and all, aged people in rural places still trill their r's.

Look at Aragonese. In four centuries it's almost disappeared because the upper classes started to speak Spanish and regarded the native language as rural. So if it can happen with a whole system, go figure just one simple phoneme!

Damião de Góis
01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Because it was not all of a sudden. But you don't need radio or TV to spread an influence, they only help making it faster. Two centuries are more than enough for an upper-class urban trend to be copied by all who want to look like them and not rural. From what I know, even with TV and all, aged people in rural places still trill their r's.

Look at Aragonese. In four centuries it's almost disappeared because the upper classes started to speak Spanish and regarded the native language as rural. So if it can happen with a whole system, go figure just one simple phoneme!

I tried searching for that theory but found nothing but speculations on some blogs. It's similar to saying that tree surnames are jewish. A myth.
Do you have a source?

Gaijin
01-15-2014, 10:37 PM
I believe the phonetic érre for the letter "r", in Portuguese and French, comes after the House of Burgundy.

- érre was not adopted by the Portuguese, to copy the French, since it wouldn't exist before its formation.

Comte Arnau
01-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I tried searching for that theory but found nothing but speculations on some blogs. It's similar to saying that tree surnames are jewish. A myth.
Do you have a source?

I don't have any reliable sources, that is right.

Just one thing: when I say you 'copied' the Frenchies I'm mostly joking. What I was trying to say is that a propagation of such a thing is not that weird, even without TV. In fact, even if it was just a natural independent evolution in Portugal, it seems to have been born in Lisbon and spread quickly from there, so yes, a population can be affected by one phonetic change in a relatively short time.

This guy (http://llindegaard.blogspot.com.es/2008/05/o-vibrante-lusitanismo-apical-e-se-nos.html) posts an interesting entry in his blog about what you say, that it's a myth. Something interesting I didn't know is what he says about it being disregarded and considered low-class only some decades ago. You should still consider it so!! :D

Han Cholo
01-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Otros ejemplos mexicanos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNetVGM1cr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXl_BrvcUs

Tropico
01-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Latin Spanish will get you farther business wise.

Damião de Góis
01-15-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't have any reliable sources, that is right.

Just one thing: when I say you 'copied' the Frenchies I'm mostly joking. What I was trying to say is that a propagation of such a thing is not that weird, even without TV. In fact, even if it was just a natural independent evolution in Portugal, it seems to have been born in Lisbon and spread quickly from there, so yes, a population can be affected by one phonetic change in a relatively short time.

This guy (http://llindegaard.blogspot.com.es/2008/05/o-vibrante-lusitanismo-apical-e-se-nos.html) posts an interesting entry in his blog about what you say, that it's a myth. Something interesting I didn't know is what he says about it being disregarded and considered low-class only some decades ago. You should still consider it so!! :D

Obviously you've concluded by now that i am someone who can't prounounce the Rs the spanish way and with tree surnames :p
But really, listening to Edith Piaf - Non je ne regrette rien i don't see much similarity. One thing is certain though, in Portugal there are people who pronounce the Rs the spanish way (or similar) and others who pronounce the Rs the french way (or similar). Its distribution is random.

Comte Arnau
01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Obviously you've concluded by now that i am someone who can't prounounce the Rs the spanish way and with tree surnames :p
But really, listening to Edith Piaf - Non je ne regrette rien i don't see much similarity. One thing is certain though, in Portugal there are people who pronounce the Rs the spanish way (or similar) and others who pronounce the Rs the french way (or similar). Its distribution is random.

By the Spanish way you mean the real Romance way used in all languages but French and modern Portuguese, right? ;)

You being from Setúbal, do you say it guttural in all positions?

The Setúbal dialect uses the voiced uvular fricative [ʁ] for all instances of "r" — word start, intervocalic, postconsonantal and syllable ending.

Damião de Góis
01-15-2014, 11:37 PM
It's used here as well. Famous examples include the singers of the bands Xutos & Pontapés, Sitiados or the ex-leader of our far left party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdZY9_V98g

You being from Setúbal, do you say it guttural in all positions?

I wasn't raised there though, and my parents aren't from there either.
I'm guessing you are refering to the typical accent from there, mostly used by fishermen and old people. It's very extreme and rare. Here is an example, it's probably difficult to understand but here it is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5eMovcx9GM)

My accent is pretty standard, TV influenced for sure.

B01AB20
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Apartaros todos... aquí llega Voz de Trueno :eek: .

Nada mas oir ese bramido sobrehumano diciendo 'chilenas y chilenos...' se me hiela la sangre y se me descoyuntan los tímpanos; ni plácido domingo cuando era mozo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwYw36Fh_4

'chilenas y chilenos...', también pinochet era progre y politicamente correcto? diossssss :p

Gauthier
01-16-2014, 05:28 PM

Nada mas oir ese bramido sobrehumano diciendo 'chilenas y chilenos...' se me hiela la sangre y se me descoyuntan los tímpanos; ni plácido domingo cuando era mozo...

'chilenas y chilenos...', también pinochet era progre y politicamente correcto? diossssss :p

Por un momento me lo crei... pero al pinchar el video... :rolleyes:

With all due respect to the Chilean ubermensch. I believe the Chilean accent is for sure on the feminine side. Too soft with no character.

Empecinado
01-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Incluso Franco suena más viril xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4hEe9OQKa4

B01AB20
01-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Por un momento me lo crei... pero al pinchar el video... :rolleyes:

With all due respect to the Chilean ubermensch. I believe the Chilean accent is for sure on the feminine side. Too soft with no character.

los (o algunos) chilenos me recuerdan bastante a como hablan los chinos, en el timbre, en al entonación, en la voz de pito :cool:

tiene que haber algo ahí que desconocemos, mucho presumir de prusianos pero macho, cuando abren la boca entonces se nota que la influencia china en los chilenos es incuestionable.

Gauthier
01-17-2014, 07:43 PM
los (o algunos) chilenos me recuerdan bastante a como hablan los chinos, en el timbre, en al entonación, en la voz de pito :cool:

tiene que haber algo ahí que desconocemos, mucho presumir de prusianos pero macho, cuando abren la boca entonces se nota que la influencia china en los chilenos es incuestionable.

Yo mas bien creo que su forma de hablar esta muy influenciada por la gente Mapuche y demas grupos locales.

B01AB20
01-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Yo mas bien creo que su forma de hablar esta muy influenciada por la gente Mapuche y demas grupos locales.

pudiera ser, los bolivianos y ecuatorianos tirando a indo-mestizo suelen tener un timbre de voz bastante agudo también, debe ser una característica racial, aunque las razas no existen por supuesto.

Gauthier
01-17-2014, 08:18 PM
pudiera ser, los bolivianos y ecuatorianos tirando a indo-mestizo suelen tener un timbre de voz bastante agudo también, debe ser una característica racial, aunque las razas no existen por supuesto.

He notado una forma de hablar similar entre la poblacion pseudo indigena del sur de Mexico. Cuando un Norteño va para el sur la gente piensa que anda enojado por la forma ''ruda'' y franca en la que se expresa.

B01AB20
01-17-2014, 08:33 PM
He notado una forma de hablar similar entre la poblacion pseudo indigena del sur de Mexico. Cuando un Norteño va para el sur la gente piensa que anda enojado por la forma ''ruda'' y franca en la que se expresa.

quizá también influya la diferente mentalidad entre la sociedad mas urbana y cosmopolita del norte y la campesina y atrasada del sur del méxico.

diferencias culturales en el mismo país... a mi me cuesta un poco tomarse en serio a los andaluces con acento andaluz cuando se enfadan, por ese acento tan gracioso y cachondo que tienen, desde mi punto de vista claro.

en cambio es igualmente duro reirse con un chiste contado por alguien como el castellano fernan gomez, aunque el chiste sea bueno :D.

he aquí un ejemplo, la interacción entre el típico cachondo andaluz, aunque aquí habla 'normal' (todos los andaluces con estudios saben hablar 'normal' además de andaluz), y el simpático fernan gomez, que hasta el nombre lo tenía de los tiempos de la reconquista el hombre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcm4qAO6H80

Comte Arnau
01-18-2014, 12:03 AM
la interacción entre el típico cachondo andaluz, aunque aquí habla 'normal' (todos los andaluces con estudios saben hablar 'normal' además de andaluz)

The reverse case exists even if it's rare.

Here you have this lady from the very north of Castile, reading the news in perfect standard Northern Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVpd7tv3T4

But then, when it's her talking and not reading the news, this Castilian changes into Southern Spanish. :D

(Go to 0'52'')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eri70h8-cuc

Apparently her university years were in Seville.

Incal
01-18-2014, 03:16 AM

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA gracias.

afrotaino
01-18-2014, 03:54 AM
Incluso Franco suena más viril xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4hEe9OQKa4

Hasta ingles hablaba el generalisimo :D

Cristiano viejo
07-07-2022, 01:53 AM
This reminds me when I went to Cervantes Institute and there were southamericans teaching ''spanish'', they were teaching southamerican, ofc and when I started to talk to some dutch girl she talked like a southamerican...it sounded awful.

Southamerican: ''Ahorita nos vamos a tomar una banana''.
Castilian: ''Ahora vamos a comer un plátano.''

I plenty recommend you CASTILIAN, sounds elegant, neat and pure. Southamerican is awful. Like hearing a bunch of monkeys trying to speak castilian, distorting the pure version of castilian.

Southamerican lost that european Latin root which sounds so nice on pure languages as castilian or italian...they introduce indian words and make it sound disgusting.

Close the thread :thumb001: