PDA

View Full Version : A Silly Question.

idioteque
01-15-2018, 04:54 PM
I have been noticing that there are often more visitors/guests (people not logged in) and "spiders" lurking around the site than actual members.

Does anybody know why this is, or wonder why? I did not think that this site would have such high traffic from search engines. Then again, that is how I found this hell hole to begin with.

(You can see it if you scroll towards the bottom of the home page, or the bottom of a thread.)

wvwvw
01-15-2018, 04:56 PM
I have been noticing that there are often more visitors/guests (people not logged in) and "spiders" lurking around the site than actual members.

Does anybody know why this is, or wonder why? I did not think that this site would have such high traffic from search engines. Then again, that is how I found this hell hole to begin with.

(You can see it if you scroll towards the bottom of the home page, or the bottom of a thread.)

It's because what we write also appear in Apricity's Twitter and Facebook pages I think

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 05:00 PM
well spiders have the right to become TA members too

as long as they dont try to use their cobweb on anybody I see no problem

Odin
01-21-2018, 05:41 AM
I have been noticing that there are often more visitors/guests (people not logged in) and "spiders" lurking around the site than actual members. Does anybody know why this is, or wonder why?

I'm guessing a lot of those guests are previously banned forum members lurking around.

idioteque
01-21-2018, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing a lot of those guests are previously banned forum members lurking around.

Ah, I did not even think of that. I bet you are correct.