PDA

View Full Version : Is 5'6 feet a short height for a 17 year old?

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Cuz like when i was younger there was concluded that i wouldnt become any taller than 1.74 meters. Am i short or not? Because when i walk around here in the Netherlands and wait for my bus everybody except a few short arab girls stick out above me and i can't see shit XD

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 05:58 PM
what is your height in centimeters ?

Token
01-15-2018, 05:58 PM
Yes, quite short, and you will probably not grow much more.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
01-15-2018, 06:05 PM

167 cm

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:07 PM
167cm is short yes

dont worry though yemeni . you will be fine

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM

172 centimeters

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM
Yes, quite short, and you will probably not grow much more.

oh well, guess imma be the speedy gonzales in my friend group. Im still the shortest XD

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:10 PM
172 centimeters

I am confused . so what is it now lol

5'6 seems to be 167-168cm

while 172cm seems 5'8 or almost 5'8

fucking imperial system shit

if you are 172cm without shoes you are a little short but not much in general . in netherlands probably plain short though

01-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Males can grow until their early 20s so you will have to be patient.

Maintenance
01-15-2018, 06:11 PM

But thats not very common?
I stopped growing at the age of 15-16

Linebacker
01-15-2018, 06:12 PM
You have picked the worst possible country to be short in.

In NL even me at almost 6`1 will be short.

01-15-2018, 06:14 PM
But thats not very common?
I stopped growing at the age of 15-16

Yes me too, I think I had already the same size I have now when I was 16. It's not really that rare though, I had friends that were the shorties of the class and grew imensly in just on year or two, when they were 18-19.

Senpai
01-15-2018, 06:17 PM
In Netherlands, you're considered a short guy, but not unusually short in 90% of the world. I was probably 5'7 at 17 and as an adult im 5'9/ Just do lots of stretches, and eat right. You got another year or potentially two for gaining height.

Drusilla
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Yes me too, I think I had already the same size I have now when I was 16. It's not really that rare though, I had friends that were the shorties of the class and grew imensly in just on year or two, when they were 18-19.

At 17, I was already that tall.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:20 PM
even though netherlands is a tall country I think people exeggerate it . my brother was in amsterdam for a whole weekend and he said he didnt feel short and neither he thought that dutch people are giants as all say .he said they are tall people but not like what people online said . not sure if it is also because amsterdam has many foreigners . my brother is 175cm . I think as usual many people online just lie about their heights or dont know their height . it is always the same :lol: . measure yourself properly without shoes and without hair . I am sick also to meet people in real life who claim they are "175cm" and are half a head shorter than me or people claiming "182cm" while being same height as me

01-15-2018, 06:23 PM
even though netherlands is a tall country I think people exeggerate it . my brother was in amsterdam for a whole weekend and he said he didnt feel short and neither he thought that dutch people are giants as all say .he said they are tall people but not like what people online said . not sure if it is also because amsterdam has many foreigners . my brother is 175cm . I think as usual many people online just lie about their heights or dont know their height . it is always the same :lol: . measure yourself properly without shoes and without hair . I am sick also to meet people in real life who claim they are "175cm" and are half a head shorter than me or people claiming "182cm" while being same height as me

We all know that the average height in TA is 210 cm, everything below that is a midget.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:25 PM
We all know that the average height in TA is 210 cm, everything below that is a midget.

good that real life is not interwebs :laugh:

Raizen
01-15-2018, 06:28 PM
a little short but close to average i think, i am 18 and 182 and i feel average on brazil, in netherlands i would probably be short lol

Marmara
01-15-2018, 06:30 PM

A certain portion of Dutch people from a spesific place is towering over their countrymen and increase the height average in the country so I heard, same is for Balkan countries.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:33 PM
a little short but close to average i think, i am 18 and 182 and i feel average on brazil, in netherlands i would probably be short lol

if you are are a REAL 182cm without shoes and without hair adding then you will not be short anywhere on the planet . I just looked it up : average height in netherlands is 183-184cm . so you are 1-2cm below the national average for the tallest country on the planet . you would be in the average range (because take 2-3cm above and below the measured average so you get an "average range") there

oh interwebs :p

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:33 PM

if you are 172cm without shoes you are a little short but not much in general . in netherlands probably plain short though

yup i definitely am plain short here, and indeed fucking imperial shit. i put in google how much feet is 1.72 meters and it said fucking 5'64 so i am confused now aswell

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:35 PM
You have picked the worst possible country to be short in.

In NL even me at almost 6`1 will be short.

Yup true, when i was younger i was like 1.55 meters or even shorter so yeah i have always been short XD never seen the view above the crowd lmao

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:36 PM
yup i definitely am plain short here, and indeed fucking imperial shit. i put in google how much feet is 1.72 meters and it said fucking 5'64 so i am confused now aswell

I think it is 5 feet and 8 inches which is different to 5.64 feet . so you are a hair below 5'8

if you measured correctly that is ;)

172cm is a little short but not much in real life . on the internet you are a midget I guess . of course it depends where you live

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:36 PM

it was concluded when i was younger that i wouldnt become much taller than 1.74 meters, i am currently 1.72 meters. I think my reign of growing is almost over XD

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:38 PM
I think it is 5 feet and 8 inches which is different to 5.64 feet . so you are a hair below 5'8

if you measured correctly that is ;)

172cm is a little short but not much in real life . on the internet you are a midget I guess . of course it depends where you live

Lol thats true, if i visit my family on Aruba i am the tallest man in the family. When i arrive back in the Netherlands i am a fooking midget. -shrug- XD

Maintenance
01-15-2018, 06:42 PM
it was concluded when i was younger that i wouldnt become much taller than 1.74 meters, i am currently 1.72 meters. I think my reign of growing is almost over XD

I was told i were going to be like my mom 162 cm, i was 141 cm and 14 years old, i got so sad.
A year later i towered my mom.

Doctors arent very accurate.

Raizen
01-15-2018, 06:43 PM
if you are are a REAL 182cm without shoes and without hair adding then you will not be short anywhere on the planet . I just looked it up : average height in netherlands is 183-184cm . so you are 1-2cm below the national average for the tallest country on the planet . you would be in the average range (because take 2-3cm above and below the measured average so you get an "average range") there

oh interwebs :p

i'm not lying though, why would i lie my height on internet lol. these lists seems to be somewhat wrong but maybe it is just my impression, brazil for example averages 170 but someone with this height would be quite short here imo, maybe the north of brazil is pushing the average down as they are somewhat shorter, idk

Drusilla
01-15-2018, 06:43 PM
I was 5 ft 8 and I'm a girl.

But you shouldn't worry about it. Being tall isn't everything... for being tall doesn't mean being good looking or having a great personality.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:44 PM
I was told i were going to be like my mom 162 cm, i was 141 cm and 14 years old, i got so sad.

XDDD well that can happen aswell indeed, in my case they were kindaa accurate cuz im still growing and probably will be 1.74 metres once im 18 i suppose

Drusilla
01-15-2018, 06:44 PM

With me it was the opposite. Doctors predicted I'd be exactly my height. I didn't think I would when I was a pre-teen. I have never been a midget, but I wasn't the tallest girl in class.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 06:45 PM
I was 5 ft 8 and I'm a girl.

But you shouldn't worry about it. Being tall isn't everything... for being tall doesn't mean being good looking or having a great personality.

Oh don't get me wrong i am not worried about it, i love being short XD but i was just wondering how short i truly was since i can definitely see the difference between my mom's family and Dutch people, my aunt's probably 1.50 metres like she doesn't even get to my chest, and my mom was around 1.62 meters so my mom's family is entirely short lmao

Gangrel
01-15-2018, 06:51 PM
i got to 182cm at 14 then stopped growing completely

Sp_loa
01-15-2018, 06:52 PM
I'm 1.73m and I'm 16... I hope I might be 1.77m or even 1.78m one day, but I think 1.75-1.76 will be the maximum.
Height is not everything in life, At least I know it matches the rest of my Alpinoid features. If it suits me, it might be fine for you as well.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 06:57 PM
i'm not lying though, why would i lie my height on internet lol. these lists seems to be somewhat wrong but maybe it is just my impression, brazil for example averages 170 but someone with this height would be quite short here imo, maybe the north of brazil is pushing the average down as they are somewhat shorter, idk

depends if the stats are "measured heights" or "self- reported" ;)

I didnt accuse you of lying . but many guys do lie :D as I said I have seen many even in real life lying . and sometimes I had to accept that I am taller than I am to not make it uncomfortable for them :lol: :rolleyes: .for example I studied with a guy we were friends and he claimed my height (176-177cm) but was more like 172-173cm or so because he was shorter than me and I had to accept that I am taller than what I think instead of him being shorter . also in a gym not long ago a guy said he is 184cm but he was very little taller than me and when I told him my height he said that it cant be true . another guy in the same gym said he is 190cm and I said "hmm that cant be you dont look as tall as 190cm I am around 177cm myself " and he repied "no wy man you are easily at least 180cm trust me you measured wrong " ...I didnt say much because he was a young kid and I didnt want to take his dreams away

I have more of such experiences . one guy in another gym I used to train claimed 175cm but he was easily half a head shorter than me :picard1: . etc .etc. ....

fucking frauds lol

Raizen
01-15-2018, 06:59 PM
depends if the stats are "measured heights" or "self- reported" ;)

I didnt accuse you of lying . but many guys do lie :D as I said I have seen many even in real life lying . and sometimes I had to accept that I am taller than I am to not make it uncomfortable for them :lol: :rolleyes: .for example I studied with a guy we were friends and he claimed my height (176-177cm) but was more like 172-173cm or so because he was shorter than me and I had to accept that I am taller than what I think instead of him being shorter . also in a gym not long ago a guy said he is 184cm but he was very little taller than me and when I told him my height he said that it cant be true . another guy in the same gym said he is 190cm and I said "hmm that cant be you dont look as tall as 190cm I am around 177cm myself " and he repied "no wy man you are easily at least 180cm trust me you measured wrong " ...I didnt say much because he was a young kid and I didnt want to take his dreams away

I have more of such experiences . one guy in another gym I used to train claimed 175cm but he was easily half a head shorter than me :picard1: . etc .etc. ....

fucking frauds lol

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/005/393/IKIFEEL.jpg

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:00 PM
i got to 182cm at 14 then stopped growing completely

Well it could be that i won't get any taller than this either. I am like 10 centimeters below the dutch average for height XD damn

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Well, I was 176 cm tall at age 17. Nowadays I am 21 and I am 181 cm tall. Maybe you'll add 5 cm to your height like I did or who knows even more. 172 is very short in the NL and Scandinavia, I am sorry but it's reality in those countries. 177 cm is also short, but not too noticeably short so I hope you do grow a few cm more. I am shorter than 60% of Swedish males and 30% of females. I already feel short at 181 cm.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:02 PM
I'm 1.73m and I'm 16... I hope I might be 1.77m or even 1.78m one day, but I think 1.75-1.76 will be the maximum.
Height is not everything in life, At least I know it matches the rest of my Alpinoid features. If it suits me, it might be fine for you as well.

Well the problem is, i don't know my phenotype. I guess i am closest to some mix of mediterranean because i am generally short, also shorter than the italian average so i don't know if that says anything but yeah. I also posted a post once again asking ppl for my phenotype but idk really i just assume its a dark version of atlanto-med, if you wish you can check it out idk

Raizen
01-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Well, I was 176 cm tall at age 17. Nowadays I am 21 and I am 181 cm tall. Maybe you'll add 5 cm to your height like I did or who knows even more. 172 is very short in the NL and Scandinavia, I am sorry but it's reality in those countries. 177 cm is also short, but not too noticeably short so I hope you do grow a few cm more. I am shorter than 60% of Swedish males and 30% of females. I already feel short at 181 cm.

intretesting, what is the ideal height in sweden

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:04 PM

Jesus, well it's pretty logical since i am not mainly nordic, my african and mediterranean easily outranges that of my northwestern european so i guess i got my height from those populations, my african is mostly west african and specifically Yoruba, idk if those people are tall but i assume not.

Kamal900
01-15-2018, 07:09 PM

Same here, except I'm 183 cm tall, but you get the idea. Lol, Scandinavians are tall as fuck.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Jesus, well it's pretty logical since i am not mainly nordic, my african and mediterranean easily outranges that of my northwestern european so i guess i got my height from those populations, my african is mostly west african and specifically Yoruba, idk if those people are tall but i assume not.

Globally, West Africans are quite on average tall... But only if they reside in developed countries (because of malnutrition). In Africa, they are short. I am also mainly Yoruba from my SSA side. I am even more Amerindian than you, but I am 50% Swedish and also a bit Northern Italian. It's the Portuguese blood that made a bad impact on my height imo.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:18 PM
intretesting, what is the ideal height in sweden

185-195 cm for men.

idioteque
01-15-2018, 07:19 PM
It is kind of short, but you may continue to grow.

I grew a few inches when I was 18, seemingly out of nowhere.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 07:20 PM

sorry but that is nonsense . I am 177cm and dont feel short nor do people perceive me as short . as I said above people even often guess me to be easily 180cm

do you live among giants to feel short at 181cm ? it is not possible to feel short at 181cm unless you are always together with basketball players or some shit

I live in germany btw. and people here are also known to be a taller folk

this is me with a 184cm german friend . he has been measured 184cm several times in his life . we are both barefeet . he is taller than many people in real life

http://up.picr.de/31538144yu.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31538145am.jpg

for people who cant imagine what 184cm is . go take a ruler and mark 184cm on the wall . then you see . 184cm is taller than many people in reality . the internet is really a weird place :lol: . 181cm short :lol:

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Globally, West Africans are quite on average tall... But only if they reside in developed countries (because of malnutrition). In Africa, they are short. I am also mainly Yoruba from my SSA side. I am even more Amerindian than you, but I am 50% Swedish and also a bit Northern Italian. It's the Portuguese blood that made a bad impact on my height imo.

Well i have Berber, Native american, Hispanic/Latino, Italian, and possibly also Portuguese in there that could all have contributed to my height, however i don't mind being kinda short. It's cool xd i am the "el rabia mexican" in my friend group. Rabia meaning mad or angry cuz i beat errybody up that underestimates me for my size xd

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:25 PM
sorry but that is nonsense . I am 177cm and dont feel short nor do people perceive me as short . as I said above people even often guess me to be easily 180cm

do you live among giants to feel short at 181cm ? it is not possible to feel short at 181cm unless you are always together with basketball players or some shit

this is me with a 184cm german friend . he has been measured 184cm several times in his life . we are both barefeet . he is taller than many people in real life

http://up.picr.de/31538144yu.jpg

http://up.picr.de/31538145am.jpg

I think the Dutch and Scandos are significantly taller than the Germans. The average young male in Sweden is 183 cm.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Well i have Berber, Native american, Hispanic/Latino, Italian, and possibly also Portuguese in there that could all have contributed to my height, however i don't mind being kinda short. It's cool xd i am the "el rabia mexican" in my friend group. Rabia meaning mad or angry cuz i beat errybody up that underestimates me for my size xd

Sure. El Chapo would slay far more pussy than the average Scando, for example.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 07:31 PM
I think the Dutch and Scandos are significantly taller than the Germans. The average young male in Sweden is 183 cm.

average young german man is 180-181cm or so according to stats I found online . so 2-3cm less which is not that much . and you are 2cm below the average young swedish male . (I actually doubt 183cm is correct for sweden . it is correct for netherlands but I doubt sweden) sooo short lol . and again we are talking about some of the tallest people in the entire world and even then you are around their average young male height . 181cm being a short height is actually insanity . another friend of mine is 181cm and people often called him tall in life since school

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:34 PM
It is kind of short, but you may continue to grow.

I grew a few inches when I was 18, seemingly out of nowhere.

I don't think i might though, max i will become is 5'7-5'8, in other words 1.74 metres i think i will remain below average for most countries still

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:35 PM
average young german man is 180-181cm or so according to stats I found online . so 2-3cm less which is not that much . and you are 2cm below the average young swedish male . (I actually doubt 183cm is correct for sweden . it is correct for netherlands but I doubt sweden) sooo short lol . and again we are talking about some of the tallest people in the entire world and even then you are around their average young male height . 181cm being a short height is actually insanity . another friend of mine is 181cm and people often called him tall in life since school

Well, as I said, 60% of young males are taller than me. That kind of makes you feel a bit short. In Brazil, I was considered tall.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:36 PM

Yup true, someone who is 181 will see me as a midget, probably wont even reach his shoulders lmao

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Yup true, someone who is 181 will see me as a midget, probably wont even reach his shoulders lmao

then you are not 172cm

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Well, as I said, 60% of young males are taller than me. That kind of makes you feel a bit short. In Brazil, I was considered tall.

Damn imagine when i am on Aruba, i am taller than my entire family almost XD like since i am like basically half white american half afro-caribbean i think i got the extra few centimeters from my father's side as they are all around 1.70-1.80 metres tall.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Damn imagine when i am on Aruba, i am taller than my entire family almost XD like since i am like basically half white american half afro-caribbean i think i got the extra few centimeters from my father's side as they are all around 1.70-1.80 metres tall.

In my case, some of my maternal uncles are a bit taller than me, but most of my Brazilian family (which is 40-60% SSA and the rest mostly Portuguese/Italian) is somewhat short. Most male family members are 174-178 cm. The women in the family are 158-170 cm tall. My mom is 162 cm. My Swedish family is a bit taller on average, but my dad is just 174, lol. I don't know how I got to 181 with such short parents.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 07:47 PM
In my case, some of my maternal uncles are a bit taller than me, but most of my Brazilian family (which is 40-60% SSA and the rest mostly Portuguese/Italian) is somewhat short. Most male family members are 174-178 cm. The women in the family are 158-170 cm tall. My mom is 162 cm. My Swedish family is a bit taller on average, but my dad is just 174, lol. I don't know how I got to 181 with such short parents.

Lol, genetics are a weird thing tbh. Like i am taller than my mom but shorter than my dad. Which is obviously pretty logical since my mom was only 1.62 metres, my dad however idk how tall he is but i assume 1.82 metres since he was in the army aswell

CertifiedCracker
01-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Its short, but not that short. Its pretty average, honestly.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Lol, genetics are a weird thing tbh. Like i am taller than my mom but shorter than my dad. Which is obviously pretty logical since my mom was only 1.62 metres, my dad however idk how tall he is but i assume 1.82 metres since he was in the army aswell

My grandfather was 184 cm, a really tall mulatto, especially for his time. But my cousins are 170-175 cm, one of them is even 30% Dutch but 40% Portuguese. Portuguese blood seems to really make one shorter.

zhaoyun
01-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Yes. You better wish for a last growth spurt.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 07:57 PM

The average young man in Brazil is like 174 cm, but you are from SP, aren't you? Paulistanos are a bit taller than average.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Yes. You better wish for a last growth spurt.

You don't have to scare him, lol. He's short because of the place he is living (literally the tallest MFs in the world). He'd be average and even taller than average in many countries around the world.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
then you are not 172cm

well idk if i wouldnt reach his shoulders but my documents do say that i am 1.72 metres, and i got myself measured like 9-10 months ago or so when i was still 16 so yeah.

Congolese Rice
01-15-2018, 08:03 PM
You don't have to scare him, lol. He's short because of the place he is living (literally the tallest MFs in the world). He'd be average and even taller than average in many countries around the world.

XDDDDD well jup my mom chose a very great country to live in -.- the education is good, however the weather here man, its so damn cold. I had 2 get used from 29 degrees celsius to 1 degree celsius in Aruba and the Netherlands respectively, i felt like my toes were gonna freeze off every time i went outside 2 take a smoke.

Hadouken
01-15-2018, 08:04 PM
well idk if i wouldnt reach his shoulders but my documents do say that i am 1.72 metres, and i got myself measured like 9-10 months ago or so when i was still 16 so yeah.

if you reach the shoulder of a 181cm guy with your head you would be 155cm or so xD wtf

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 08:07 PM
XDDDDD well jup my mom chose a very great country to live in -.- the education is good, however the weather here man, its so damn cold. I had 2 get used from 29 degrees celsius to 1 degree celsius in Aruba and the Netherlands respectively, i felt like my toes were gonna freeze off every time i went outside 2 take a smoke.

Lucky you. We get winters below -18 celsius at times. I came to Sweden during winter. São Paulo was at 28 degrees that day and Stockholm at -12 C. I wanted to take the next plane back to Brazil, lol-

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 08:16 PM
if you reach the shoulder of a 181cm guy with your head you would be 155cm or so xD wtf

Yeah, even my 160 cm mom reaches slightly above my shoulders.

Raizen
01-15-2018, 08:30 PM
185-195 cm for men.
lullllllll

The average young man in Brazil is like 174 cm, but you are from SP, aren't you? Paulistanos are a bit taller than average..
maybe, i have never traveled north of são paulo in brazil, people might be smaller there

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 08:35 PM
lullllllll

Well, that's the only you can tower women who are almost 1.75 cm on average, lol.

maybe, i have never traveled north of são paulo in brazil, people might be smaller there

Well, Those folks up there are mostly Portuguese, West African and Amerindian. Now, West African is actually helpful for height, but there's too much Amerindian and Portuguese in their gene pool.

Raizen
01-15-2018, 08:43 PM
Well, that's the only you can tower women who are almost 1.75 cm on average, lol.
now this is crazy dude, a 1.75 woman here would be confused for a model and scandinavians are this on average

Well, Those folks up there are mostly Portuguese, West African and Amerindian. Now, West African is actually helpful for height, but there's too much Amerindian and Portuguese in their gene pool.
you're right west africans are tall as fuck when they are healthy, there is a black guy in my gym that is at least 1.92, he looks like a alpha african warrior ready to hunt some lions on the zimbabwe highlands
however i can't understand why paulistanos are taller if majority here is of italian, portuguese and african descent

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 08:54 PM
now this is crazy dude, a 1.75 woman here would be confused for a model and scandinavians are this on average

I am shorter than 30% of women here. In Brazil, I am probably shorter than less than 10% of the chicks.

you're right west africans are tall as fuck when they are healthy, there is a black guy in my gym that is at least 1.92, he looks like a alpha african warrior ready to hunt some lions on the zimbabwe highlands
however i can't understand why paulistanos are taller if majority here is of italian, portuguese and african descent

Baianos are taller than the average Northeasterners. The thing about São Paulo is that people have had a good economy there for longer than in other places in Brazil. There are still malnourished communities in Northern and Northeast Brazil and that has a huge negative impact on the average height. But of course, no matter how much food people have, Portuguese and Amerindian DNA will be negative for the average height.

CommonSense
01-15-2018, 09:00 PM
If you are 172 cm, that's short almost everywhere in Europe (at least as far as young people are concerned). You may still grow a bit, but you'll never reach a height that isn't below average in your country, the Netherlands.

I am shorter than 30% of women here. In Brazil, I am probably shorter than less than 10% of the chicks.

I doubt that 30% of women are taller than you. The height difference between genders is pretty large, like 13 cm. Perhaps around 10% of women are your height or just slightly taller?

Skjaldemjøden
01-15-2018, 09:02 PM
172 centimeters

You couldn't have picked a country with worse odds..
Anyway, an old friend of mine was the shortest kid in class until we were 16 or so. His single mom had raised him on an awful vegetarian diet. Then he started eating better and over the course of two years or so he caught up with most of the girls and some of the guys. He's still shorter than average, but it was a dramatic change. He got married last year and got super fat though.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 09:04 PM
I doubt that 30% of women are taller than you. The height difference between genders is pretty large, like 13 cm. Perhaps around 10% of woman are your height or just slightly taller?

The average young female is 173-175 cm tall here. The male to female difference tends to be 8-12 cm depending on the country. I think 13 cm is a bit exaggerated.

Raizen
01-15-2018, 09:09 PM
The average young female is 173-175 cm tall here. The male to female difference tends to be 8-12 cm depending on the country. I think 13 cm is a bit exaggerated.

i wonder what is the average in japan, japanese-brazilians seems to be quite short here

CommonSense
01-15-2018, 09:10 PM

It's not. Everywhere I've been to the men are a lot taller. Plus the data backs it up. In America and the UK it's even 15-16 cm I think...which is strange since the women there have the biggest criteria for male height.

Raizen
01-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Japan averages 171 while brazil 169, what the fuck, 169 would be a midget here

wvwvw
01-15-2018, 09:16 PM

Yes very annoying

wvwvw
01-15-2018, 09:17 PM
You're as tall as Tom Cruise

It could be worse, you could be as Michael J.Fox :D

FilhoV
01-15-2018, 09:19 PM
Depends on your subrace aswell

I’m 1.65 or 5’5” but I’m predominantly Alpine and your paying top much attention to your height I would say nothing wrong being that height and isn’t 1.74 the average globally.

Black Panther
01-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Japan averages 171 while brazil 169, what the fuck, 169 would be a midget here

The Amerindian shifted Pardos and White Portuguese Brazilians surely bring down the average, but I doubt Brazilian men are shorter than Japanese.

MissMischief
01-15-2018, 09:37 PM
You're taller than the average woman, just think of it that way :p

Dandelion
01-15-2018, 09:39 PM

But he lives in the Netherlands, land of tall people. He'd still be fine if he stuck to Amsterdam or Rotterdam, places with many non-ethnic Dutch. ;) Otherwise move to Italy, where there are more less tall Mediterranean people.

MysteriousWays
01-15-2018, 09:59 PM
Most guys stop growing by 16 17. I was mostly done heightwise by 15, 15.5 But in any case, 5'6 is on the short side, but for U.S. these days, not that short honestly. If you were 5'3 or 5'4, would be a different matter.

Not a Cop
01-15-2018, 10:06 PM

for people who cant imagine what 184cm is . go take a ruler and mark 184cm on the wall . then you see . 184cm is taller than many people in reality . the internet is really a weird place :lol: . 181cm short :lol:

I'm 192-3 and when i went to Amsterdam i also felt a little short, not in the sense of being actually short, but amount of people who were of my height or taller was significantly higher than in Russia, which made some "culture shock" on me.

Decius
01-16-2018, 03:14 AM
Yes, short but not extremly short.

Grab the Gauge
01-16-2018, 03:20 AM
No. 5'6" is the average height for males globally and it will only decrease as resources become rarer relative to the growing human population, declining fertility in tall countries, mixing, etc. You are normal. 5'6" may even be considered tall in the future.

Decius
01-16-2018, 03:21 AM
No. 5'6" is the average height for males globally and it will only decrease as resources become rarerer relative to the growing human population, and as humans become geneticaly shorter. You are normal. 5'6" may even be considered tall in the future.

I think 5 ft 7 is average around the world but close enough.

Grab the Gauge
01-16-2018, 03:34 AM
I think 5 ft 7 is average around the world but close enough.

LOL, wishful thinking.

Purohit ji
01-16-2018, 03:48 AM
Be in calorie surplus my friend. Take full 9-10 hours sleep. Play sports and drink milk. I know some guys who grow 1-2 inche's after 17-18.
172 is a short height IMO even for us malnourished indians nowadays

Meagi
01-16-2018, 04:03 AM
In many latin american countries you'll be just common. Here, in mine, you'll be a lil bit short, but not exaggeratedly.

Julius Hibernius
01-16-2018, 04:41 AM
Africans are typically shorter than Northern Europeans, so you’re almost always going to shorter than most men in the Netherlands. Also, you’re probably done growing; the “late bloomer” thing is really only a European thing

Dick
01-16-2018, 04:52 AM
Cuz like when i was younger there was concluded that i wouldnt become any taller than 1.74 meters. Am i short or not? Because when i walk around here in the Netherlands and wait for my bus everybody except a few short arab girls stick out above me and i can't see shit XD

You're done growing, boy. I was 6 foot 2 or 188cm when I got my driver's license at 16. I may be taller now but dunno how much because I never measure my height.

RandomGuy20
01-16-2018, 05:42 AM
Yeah it is on the shorter side, maybe hit the gym and bulk up a little.

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:00 AM
You're done growing, boy. I was 6 foot 2 or 188cm when I got my driver's license at 16. I may be taller now but dunno how much because I never measure my height.

Lol, seems like i will be the tiny mexican in my friend group >:^)

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:01 AM
Africans are typically shorter than Northern Europeans, so you’re almost always going to shorter than most men in the Netherlands. Also, you’re probably done growing; the “late bloomer” thing is really only a European thing

Jup i noticed, i've been short my entire life, i've grown noticably taller over the years though but still below average, i think my height can only decrease from now on XD

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:02 AM

:^( XDD i guess you're correct there, but the average woman here is also taller than me... Sooooo xd

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:03 AM
But he lives in the Netherlands, land of tall people. He'd still be fine if he stuck to Amsterdam or Rotterdam, places with many non-ethnic Dutch. ;) Otherwise move to Italy, where there are more less tall Mediterranean people.

Well tbh, i checked the italian average for men and it said 176 centimeters, which ofc, is 1.76 meters. Still shorter than italian men :(

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:07 AM
Be in calorie surplus my friend. Take full 9-10 hours sleep. Play sports and drink milk. I know some guys who grow 1-2 inche's after 17-18.
172 is a short height IMO even for us malnourished indians nowadays

Hahaha well yeah, i usually sleep around 7-8 hours, i am mainly 2 lazy to do anything having 2 do with sports. Even though i manage 2 stay fairly thin XD But yeah, i'll try i guess maybe one time. Like for me being short is not necessarily a problem. Like for example if ur in a fight long people swing their arms all over the place but if ur close up in they space they cant do shit XD

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:08 AM
You couldn't have picked a country with worse odds..
Anyway, an old friend of mine was the shortest kid in class until we were 16 or so. His single mom had raised him on an awful vegetarian diet. Then he started eating better and over the course of two years or so he caught up with most of the girls and some of the guys. He's still shorter than average, but it was a dramatic change. He got married last year and got super fat though.

Ahahahaha, and yup i know, my mom moved over here from Aruba so idk why she did that but it happend.

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:11 AM
Depends on your subrace aswell

I’m 1.65 or 5’5” but I’m predominantly Alpine and your paying top much attention to your height I would say nothing wrong being that height and isn’t 1.74 the average globally.

Well idk tbh, i have some italian, hispanic, african, and berber in me so that could all impact my height in some way, but then again my father's side of the family is mainly northwestern european, and probably less than half italian around 40% or so.

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:13 AM

lol i think i exaggerated 2 much lmao, i would probably reach the height of his jaw or so or his eye idk but i am definitely shorter than ppl with that height and its very noticable 2

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 07:17 AM
lol i think i exaggerated 2 much lmao, i would probably reach the height of his jaw or so or his eye idk but i am definitely shorter than ppl with that height and its very noticable 2

I have my doubts that you are 172cm but ok :p

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:24 AM
Lucky you. We get winters below -18 celsius at times. I came to Sweden during winter. São Paulo was at 28 degrees that day and Stockholm at -12 C. I wanted to take the next plane back to Brazil, lol-

jup i feel your pain immediately xd

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:26 AM
Its short, but not that short. Its pretty average, honestly.

O nice lol, then i aint that short as i thought at all. Ppl in the Netherlands are just generally taller than me xd Like i have a 100% turkish friend and he's only slightly taller than me, my other friends, well 2 are fully Dutch and one is half Hindustani half Dutch so ofc also taller than me, they are all around 1.76-1.82 i think

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Sure. El Chapo would slay far more pussy than the average Scando, for example.

XDD foreal

Zroota
01-16-2018, 08:49 AM

FYI, 170cm is the average male height of the world. This means, 172cm is slightly above average. It may be 'short' for Hollywood and northern European standards, but it's pretty normal and average elsewhere in the world. As a Kurd/Middle Easterner, you should be greatly aware that most of our males range from around 165cm to 175cm on average. You're not going to go around and call the majority of our guys short are you? ;)

So what are you labeled if you're around 174cm? Short? It shouldn't be black and white. If you're not tall, that doesn't mean you're short. Lol.

Again, 167cm is very 'normal' and average for Middle Eastern and East Asian guys. Short and tall is subjective and it's all relative to a region. Heck, a 165cm guy would be one of the tallest in the room if he was surrounded by Thai, Vietnamese, Arab and Indonesian folks (who range between 150cm-165cm).

P.S. Let's not base what is short and what is tall solely on Nordic/Hollywood standards.

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 09:08 AM
FYI, 170cm is the average male height of the world. This means, 172cm is slightly above average. It may be 'short' for Hollywood and northern European standards, but it's pretty normal and average elsewhere in the world. As a Kurd/Middle Easterner, you should be greatly aware that most of our males range from around 165cm to 175cm on average. You're not going to go around and call the majority of our guys short are you? ;)

Kurds are relatively tall people actually . especially highlanders . 165cm-175cm average ? nonsense . average range for a kurd is more in the 175-180cm range and many are 185-190cm too . ask the heights of the kurdish members alone and you will see . 165cm is plain short and is also not in the same cateogry as 175cm lol

165cm might be average for arabians etc. but not for north middle east . I am surprised that you as an assyrian say that but I dont know how tall assyrians are . what I know is that kurds are not a short people

So what are you labeled if you're around 174cm? Short? It shouldn't be black and white. If you're not tall, that doesn't mean you're short. Lol.

174cm is a little below average but not really short . average height for a man in the western world is around 178cm . 174cm is slightly on the short side but still pretty medium/average enough . but only if you are a REAL 174cm without shoes/hair and not a 168cm guy who just claims it :D

and it is not black and white . 175 - 181cm or so is the medium range where you are not short not tall . 173-174cm is slightly short . 182-183cm is slightly tall and anything below or above it becomes short/tall for sure

Again, 167cm is very 'normal' and average for Middle Eastern and East Asian guys. Short and tall is subjective and it's all relative to a region. Heck, a 165cm guy would be one of the tallest in the room if he was surrounded by Thai, Vietnamese, Arab and Indonesian folks (who range between 150cm-165cm).

P.S. Let's not base what is short and what is tall solely on Nordic/Hollywood standards.

again ..depends where in "middle east" :rolleyes:

--

it is just height in the end and doesnt define a person . I have a friend who is around 162cm . he is built like a brick and a wrestler , also educated and a friendly person , and engaged too . and he is extremely short

Zroota
01-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Kurds are relatively tall people actually . especially highlanders . 165cm-175cm average ? nonsense . average range for a kurd is more in the 175-180cm range and many are 185-190cm too . ask the heights of the kurdish members alone and you will see . 165cm is plain short and is also not in the same cateogry as 175cm lol
Haven't met many Kurds. So maybe you're right here.

165cm might be average for arabians etc. but not for north middle east . I am surprised that you as an assyrian say that but I dont know how tall assyrians are . what I know is that kurds are not a short people
Trust me, many Assyrian guys average between 165cm to 175cm on average (168cm would be our average). A few lie outside of that. The females are predominantly below 165cm, to as low as 150cm. Again, I don't know about Kurds, but I take your word for it.

174cm is a little below average but not really short . average height for a man in the western world is around 178cm . 174cm is slightly on the short side but still pretty medium/average enough . but only if you are a REAL 174cm without shoes/hair and not a 168cm guy who just claims it :D
Average AMERICAN male height is 177cm. Average WORLD male height is 170cm. 174cm is only on the 'short' side if you're in Hollywood or Scandinavia. It's an average male height, if not "above average" (going by world standards). If anything, it's far from short in the Assyrian world. ;)

and it is not black and white . 175 - 181cm or so is the medium range where you are not short not tall . 173-174cm is slightly short . 182-183cm is slightly tall and anything below or above it becomes short/tall for sure
Again, it's all relative. For Assyrians, 174cm is average, even tall to some. If it's short for Dutch and Swedes, then it's not our problem. Lol.

it is just height in the end and doesnt define a person . I have a friend who is around 162cm . he is built like a brick and a wrestler , also educated and a friendly person , and engaged too . and he is extremely short
Not surprising that he's stocky, because short guys tend to be bigger and broader for some reason. I guess the stereotype "short and fat" is true to an extent. Lol.

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Haven't met many Kurds. So maybe you're right here.

yes I am . you can believe me :)

Trust me, many Assyrian guys average between 165cm to 175cm on average (168cm would be our average). A few lie outside of that. The females are predominantly below 165cm, to as low as 150cm. Again, I don't know about Kurds, but I take your word for it.

oh wow

Average AMERICAN male height is 177cm. Average WORLD male height is 170cm. 174cm is only on the 'short' side if you're in Hollywood or Scandinavia. It's an average male height, if not "above average" (going by world standards). If anything, it's far from short in the Assyrian world. ;)

well I think when we debate height we are talking mostly about the western world as a "benchmark" . it doesnt matter if average heights in countries like indonesia or peru or whatever is very low which brings the world average down so much . but yes I see your point

Again, it's all relative. For Assyrians, 174cm is average, even tall to some. If it's short for Dutch and Swedes, then it's not our problem. Lol.

174cm is a normal height and only a few cm below average in the western world so yeah . but heights like 165 168 are definitely short except for countries in the world that have a low average height

Not surprising that he's stocky, because short guys tend to be bigger and broader for some reason. I guess the stereotype "short and fat" is true to an extent. Lol.

I didnt say he is fat . he isnt . I said he is built like a tank . he is broad but not fat . he is a wrestler too

Drusilla
01-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Hadouken: how tall are you? Real life tall. Not Internet tall. :P

Congolese Rice
01-16-2018, 11:22 AM
I have my doubts that you are 172cm but ok :p

u can have ur doubts sure but why should i lie about my height, what do i gain from it lol. i'm pretty sure i got myself measured and it says 1.72 meters in my documents, i also stood on my socks and with my back right against the wall and they put a stripe with a pen above my head r something like that. Pretty sure i am 1.72 dou cuz i am taller than my aunts and uncles in Aruba which are more likely 2 be 1.65 than me

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Hadouken: how tall are you? Real life tall. Not Internet tall. :P

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?232822-Is-5-6-feet-a-short-height-for-a-17-year-old&p=4907963&viewfull=1#post4907963

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?232822-Is-5-6-feet-a-short-height-for-a-17-year-old&p=4907919&viewfull=1#post4907919

Zroota
01-16-2018, 11:36 AM
yes I am . you can believe me :)
I do. ;)

I think Iranids and Indo-Aryans are generally taller peoples than Levantines? So maybe Kurds got their height (even though some do look Levantine). Lol.

well I think when we debate height we are talking mostly about the western world as a "benchmark" . it doesnt matter if average heights in countries like indonesia or peru or whatever is very low which brings the world average down so much . but yes I see your point
True, but don't forge here in the west (at least in Australia), we are filled with southeast Asians and Arabs as well. So that's why a guy who is around 168cm won't appear short in such multicultural places. Sydney is a good city for shorties because we have a lot of Indonesians, Lebs, Filipinos and East Asian (who are on the 'short' side). So they won't appear awkward or out of place. ;)

I didnt say he is fat . he isnt . I said he is built like a tank . he is broad but not fat . he is a wrestler too
I know. My point is that most bodybuilders tend to be on the short side, or around 165cm-175cm. I believe being short gives you good advantages for muscle gaining (i.e. shorter limbs).

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 11:39 AM
I do. ;)

I think Iranids and Indo-Aryans are generally taller peoples than Levantines? So maybe Kurds got their height (even though some do look Levantine). Lol.

True, but don't forget. Here in the west (at least in Australia), we are filled with southeast Asians and Arabs as well. So that's why a guy who is around 168cm won't appear short. Sydney is a good city for shorties because we have a lot of Indonesians, Lebs, Filipinos and East Asian (who are on the 'short' side). So they won't appear awkward or out of place. ;)

I know. My point is that most bodybuilders (or 'easy gainers') tend to be on the short side, or around 165cm-175cm.

Iranid is a phenotype (and yes often tall) . indoaryan is something else and has nothing to do with us . also our genetics and looks have been posted already . it is strange that after all evidence you still talk like this :lol: but ok....

again . "165 - 175" is a bullshit range . 175cm is very different from 165cm

and most successful bodybuilders are somewhere around 175 - 180cm range . give or take

how tall are you anyway :D

Sora
01-16-2018, 11:40 AM
If for a female, no. but if for a male, yes. According to that you're male, yes, you're short. Idk if it's problem for you, but for me, it's not problem. Also one of my brothers is 173 cm and other is 180 cm

Zroota
01-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Iranid is a phenotype (and yes often tall) . indoaryan is something else and has nothing to do with us . also our genetics and looks have been posted already . it is strange that after all evidence you still talk like this :lol: but ok....
Lol. Relax. I didn't see the post. Dw, I don't believe in it as well, but I thought I'd use the term to make a point.

again . "165 - 175" is a bullshit range . 175cm is very different from 165cm
I didn't mean to group them in a way that they're homogeneous or alike. My point was that they're on the 'shorter' side (if you want to go broadly) - Didn't you imply that 174cm is 'short-ish'? Okay, if that's short then what is 165cm? Midgetoid? Lol. Again, I wouldn't say 174cm is short.

and most successful bodybuilders are somewhere around 175 - 180cm range . give or take
From what I read, 170-180cm. If anything, they're nearly always below 6 feet. But anyone can be a bodybuilder. However, a short person can easier gain mass because, well, he'll be quicker to fill (if that makes sense). Lol.

how tall are you anyway :D
Lol. Let's say I'm really short. :p

Hadouken
01-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Lol. Relax. I didn't see the post. Dw, I don't believe in it as well, but I thought I'd use the term to make a point.

I didn't mean to group them in a way that they're homogeneous or alike. My point was that they're on the 'shorter' side (if you want to go broadly) - Didn't you imply that 174cm is 'short-ish'? Okay, if that's short then what is 165cm? Midgetoid? Lol. Again, I wouldn't say 174cm is short.

From what I read, 170-180cm. If anything, they're nearly always below 6 feet. But anyone can be a bodybuilder. However, a short person can easier gain mass because, well, he'll be quicker to fill (if that makes sense). Lol.

Lol. Let's say I'm really short. :p

ok :)

I have to go now . will be back in 1-2 hours and might answer then . there are tall bodybuilders too like lou ferrigno but most bodybuilders are on juice anyway ....

c u

Zroota
01-16-2018, 12:03 PM
ok :)

I have to go now . will be back in 1-2 hours and might answer then . there are tall bodybuilders too like lou ferrigno but most bodybuilders are on juice anyway ....

c u
Tyt ;)

Yeah there exists really tall builders and wrestlers too (who are quite tall, around 2m). So yeah, like I said, anyone can be a bodybuilder.

Flavio Baccianini is the shortest bodybuilder at 147cm! That's shorter than the shortest female in my family. Lmao.

CommonSense
01-16-2018, 01:31 PM

It's pretty short here too. When I walk around the city, I see more females than males who are that height.