PDA

View Full Version : Chinese food y/n?

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 05:46 AM
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/mf_image_3x2/public/521724-istock-545286388.jpg?itok=Tv3OY5wC&resize=1100x740

Blue Fox
01-19-2018, 05:59 AM
Yes!!!

oszkar07
01-19-2018, 06:17 AM
Good chinese food definitly yes.
The best chinese meal I ate was chinese restaurant in Malaysia.

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 06:19 AM
I like American Chinese food (i.e. Panda Express, PF Chang's, Chinese Buffets), but didn't like most of the food in China itself.

Oh, well

oszkar07
01-19-2018, 06:30 AM
I like American Chinese food (i.e. Panda Express, PF Chang's, Chinese Buffets), but didn't like most of the food in China itself.

Oh, well

I have tried Panda Express when I been in L.A , very nice I like there egg rolls with chilli and the orange chicken and kung pao chicken , yes American chinese food has diffferent style i like it too.
I also ate at restaurant in L.A Chinatown.

wvwvw
01-19-2018, 06:49 AM
I wouldn’t say no to this

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2017/02/07/15/chinese.jpg

or this

https://st.depositphotos.com/1884173/4196/i/950/depositphotos_41961579-stock-photo-sweet-and-sour-chicken-on.jpg

:icon_hungry:

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 07:24 AM
Chinese cuisine is extremely diverse. Most Westerner's experience of it is very limited because they typically just have the generic westernized Chinese food, which is not bad, but it's basically the McDonald's tier of Chinese cuisine.

There are about 6 or 7 different regional cuisines and it's definitely the most diverse cuisine in the world. Saying Chinese food, is like saying European food, basically.

SkyBurn
01-19-2018, 08:04 AM
The only people that don't like Chinese food (a very diverse spread, mind you) are the white people that find mayonnaise spicy.

Kamal900
01-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Fuck yes!

Crimean
01-19-2018, 09:45 AM
I have never been in China, but a peking duck in the restaurant in Moscow was delicacy.
http://thewoksoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/peking-duck-recipe-10.jpg

Hadouken
01-19-2018, 11:39 AM
yes :cry2

wvwvw
01-19-2018, 11:44 AM
I have never been in China, but a peking duck in the restaurant in Moscow was delicacy.

Problem is that Chinese dishes do not look very appetizing to me. Βut then again I have never tried any of those dishes, so I don’t really know what they taste like or what they are made of.

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM

I recently saw this video about this hole in the wall Peking duck restaurant that became famous. I should try it next time I'm in Beijing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAnlJnJ7wtU

Drusilla
01-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Yes. :thumb001:

Sora
01-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Of coursly yes!

Black Panther
01-19-2018, 04:54 PM
To the point I've had enough of it... Chinese food, see you next week.

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 08:05 PM
Chinese cuisine is extremely diverse. Most Westerner's experience of it is very limited because they typically just have the generic westernized Chinese food, which is not bad, but it's basically the McDonald's tier of Chinese cuisine.

There are about 6 or 7 different regional cuisines and it's definitely the most diverse cuisine in the world. Saying Chinese food, is like saying European food, basically.

I meant American-style Chinese food. I've been to China, and didn't like most of it.

Arcadefire
01-19-2018, 08:35 PM
I liked Americanized Chinesefood rather than what I ate in Hong Kong.

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 08:36 PM
I meant American-style Chinese food. I've been to China, and didn't like most of it.

You were probably not used to it. I think I remember you said you went to Beijing, Northern Chinese food is very different from Cantonese food, which is what most American style Chinese food is based off of.

Arcadefire
01-19-2018, 08:39 PM
You were probably not used to it. I think I remember you said you went to Beijing, Northern Chinese food is very different from Cantonese food, which is what most American style Chinese food is based off of.

I found Mandarin style food bland compared to the cantonese style (which appeased to my south asian/Nepalese ),,, And even like, as i mentioned already, the food I ate in hong kong was not as "sauce heavy" as the san fransico style chinese food that i am use to eating here in Toronto

MysteriousWays
01-19-2018, 08:41 PM
Considered one of the top four cuisines in the world according to most chefs (along with French, Italian, and Indian). I have had several varieties of Chinese food (Cantonese, Chinese-American, Mandarin, Xi'an, and Szechuan). I do sometimes find Cantonese food boring, but like the rest of them quite a bit. Even for Cantonese food, it depends on the specific dish and restaurant/person cooking it.

Gangrel
01-19-2018, 08:44 PM
One of the 3 great cuisines.

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 08:49 PM

I wasn't just in Peking - also Shanghai, Hangchow, and Sian. There were some things I really liked, but overall, I'd prefer an American Chinese restaurant. (I did like the orange juice in China - it was sweeter than normal orange juice)

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 08:50 PM
It's not just Chinese food I feel this way about - I prefer Americanized Mexican, Italian, etc... food over the authentic items.

Arcadefire
01-19-2018, 08:52 PM
It's not just Chinese food I feel this way about - I prefer Americanized Mexican, Italian, etc... food over the authentic items.

Its the same with Indian food. The north American version is honestly much better. Ofcouse people are snobby and will dismiss it.

North American chefs are provided with better quality ingredients and are able to borrow from other cultures.

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 09:24 PM
I found Mandarin style food bland compared to the cantonese style (which appeased to my south asian/Nepalese ),,, And even like, as i mentioned already, the food I ate in hong kong was not as "sauce heavy" as the san fransico style chinese food that i am use to eating here in Toronto

You'd probably like Sichuan food, which is very spicy. Cantonese food isn't that spicy.

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 09:26 PM
Its the same with Indian food. The north American version is honestly much better. Ofcouse people are snobby and will dismiss it.

North American chefs are provided with better quality ingredients and are able to borrow from other cultures.

The food Ive had at upper end restaurants in China are a lot better than the Chinese restaurants in the US, but again, it'll depend on your palette. If you're not used to eating traditional Chinese food, you may not be able to fully appreciate it. It's hard for me to see why anybody would dislike it however.

Bobby Martnen
01-19-2018, 09:28 PM
The food Ive had at upper end restaurants in China are a lot better than the Chinese restaurants in the US, but again, it'll depend on your palette. If you're not used to eating traditional Chinese food, you may not be able to fully appreciate it. It's hard for me to see why anybody would dislike it however.

Tbh I was kinda grossed out by the pigeon feet

zhaoyun
01-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Tbh I was kinda grossed out by the pigeon feet

Well, obviously there are going to be some really exotic things that will gross you out. I'm talking about the more mainstream stuff however.

MysteriousWays
01-19-2018, 09:41 PM
I could find something from a variety of cuisines (Chinese food, Japanese, Vietnamese, Italian, Middle Eastern-broadly defined) that would gross people out, but the most typical dishes are not usually going to gross me out from a variety of cuisines.

WillyWonka
01-22-2018, 02:33 AM
I could devour it for the rest of my life. Forget pizza!

Vigilance
01-22-2018, 02:46 AM
Chinese food really is topnotch.:thumb001:

I mean virtually all of Chinese food. Everything... soups, stir friend, sweet and sour, "curry" Chinese style, beef broth, chicken stock, minced pork, duck sauce, some steamed leafy greens on the side on your wholesome noodle bowl, Chinese delicacies Eu Cha Kueh, roasted Peking duck, peanut balls in almond soya milk, peanuty muah chee

What is there to not like?

Hokkien Mee, Chilli Sambal Sting Ray, Laksa, Chilli Crab, squishy friend Tofu, Chee Cho Fan, mmm how nice!

greasycaveman
01-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Yes i eat it alot, same with japanese food.

Iloko
01-22-2018, 03:24 AM
It's not authentic Chinese food but USA has some pretty decent tasting all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets which you can find in almost every single city you go to in any state in the country..

https://i.imgur.com/KTHR7bV.jpg

JohnSmith
01-22-2018, 03:50 AM
I love it.

JohnSmith
01-22-2018, 03:51 AM
I have been create kebabs and Muslim food recently and it is good. Has curry in it.

Svipdag
01-22-2018, 04:35 AM
I was once told by the proprietor of a Chinese restaurant that the fare at American "Chinese" restaurants is banquet food such as the average Chinese MIGHT taste once in a lifetime. He added "If I served REAL Chinese food here, I'd be out of business in a week."

Bobby Martnen
01-22-2018, 06:25 AM
It's not authentic Chinese food but USA has some pretty decent tasting all-you-can-eat Chinese buffets which you can find in almost every single city you go to in any state in the country..

https://i.imgur.com/KTHR7bV.jpg

That looks almost exactly like my local Chinese buffet lol

Fractal
01-24-2018, 08:13 AM
That looks almost exactly like my local Chinese buffet lol

I've noticed Americans love Chinese take out especially Chinese buffet, Panda Express, etc. You people devour it. Whenever I see a Chinese take out I see loads of Whites or Mexicans taking the food to go, lol.

Kamal900
01-24-2018, 08:40 AM
I've noticed Americans love Chinese take out especially Chinese buffet, Panda Express, etc. You people devour it. Whenever I see a Chinese take out I see loads of Whites or Mexicans taking the food to go, lol.

Glad to see you back.

brennus dux gallorum
01-24-2018, 09:21 AM
no, and that goes for all far east dishes

rami999
07-24-2018, 05:33 PM
cool

Smeagol
09-29-2018, 03:43 AM
I like it but I don't eat it often.

Chaos One
09-29-2018, 03:43 AM
Easy yes. Had a chance to try more when in Japan since it's easier to find different things (same with Korean food). Love asian food at all.