PDA

View Full Version : Myers-Briggs

Pages : [1] 2

Psychonaut
01-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Here's an article about the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator).

Here's the test (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp).

I've found this to be one of the more accurate personality tests out there, and I think that the use of Carl Jung's types is what makes this test work. I think I know where most members of the forum will end up, but I'm very interested to see the results.

Vargtand
01-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Well it is probably accurate if you can be completely unbiased when you do it, as well as completely honest :P

As with me I have a tendency to fluctuate between giving my self slightly favourable or wishful characteristics to giving my self slightly unfavourable or negative characteristics, subconsciously that is. I guess it evens it self out but it makes it hopeless to do tests like this without spending quite a long time reflecting on each question.

Lyfing
01-10-2009, 02:01 AM
It say's I'm an ENFJ..:thumbs up

Idealist Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.

Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people's skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.

Lyfing, Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=teacher

Later,
-Lyfing

Psychonaut
01-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I've always gotten INTJ on this test:

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Source (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=mastermind)

Treffie
01-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Your Type is ISFP

Composer (Role Variant)

Overview

According to Keirsey, Composer Artisans are grounded in the here and now. They are extremely sensitive to their environment, attuned to the perceptions of their five senses even more than other sensing types are. They notice little variations in their physical world or in the people around them. They are very sensitive to balance and understand well what does or does not fit, whether in a work of art or any other aspect of their lives. ISFPs are highly conscious of their companions, but they prefer to allow others to direct their own lives. ISFPs tend to be emotionally well rounded and sympathetic toward others.

Æmeric
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
ISTJ:

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Queen Elizabeth II, Harry S. Truman, Warren Buffet, Queen Victoria, James K. Polk, and J.D. Rockefeller are examples of Inspector Guardians.

Vargtand
01-10-2009, 02:14 PM
INTJ

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

TheGreatest
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
The real test is a lot longer than this

Rudy
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I have scored an INFJ at times on other shorter tests because my emotions can shade my rational thinking.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
100 50 1 22

Absinthe
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
11 25 62 33

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

lei.talk
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Well it is probably accurate
if you can be completely unbiased when you do it,
as well as completely honest :tonguemore enlightening results appear
when one's family and friends
answer those questions
regarding one's self.

an interesting contrast develops
between one's self-image
and the perceptions of others.

it is tediously time-consuming
to rephrase the questions
from first- to second-person singular, but -

reveals much of the observer
and the observed.

Psychonaut
01-10-2009, 07:23 PM
The real test is a lot longer than this

Yeah, I took one in college and I seem to remember there being a lot of repetition.

Vulpix
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
The reason for the repetition in tests is to detect "incongruent" answers.

Yeah, I took one in college and I seem to remember there being a lot of repetition.

Lars
01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 12 75 11

You are:
very expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Rational Portrait of the Architect (INTP)
Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

YggsVinr
01-12-2009, 03:13 AM
I've done the test a few times before over the years (though they were different than this one) and always come up as INTP. I've been interested in this personality type since I first took the test so have looked up more information on the type and believe it does, indeed, fit me well.

My favourite discussion of the INTP type is here: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

A tid bit from the first section from the intp site:

Primary Axis: Introverted Thinking - Extraverted Intuition

The INTP is above all a thinker and his inner (private) world is a place governed by a strong sense of logical structure. Every experience is to be rigorously analysed, the task of the INTP's mind is to fit each encountered idea or experience into a larger structure defined by logic. For here is the central goal of the INTP: to understand and seek truth. The experience of anything takes a back seat. The INTP is not interested in experiences themselves but is far more fascinated by concepts. The drive to understand things that are not yet understood is a very powerful force in the life of an INTP. Where the Ti preference is strong, this drive can override the experiential element so strongly that the INTP will become quickly bored with anything that he has successfully analysed to the point of understanding it. Once understood, it has nothing left to offer, once the satisfaction which comes with achieving the goal of understanding diminishes. Indeed, most primary interests of an INTP are things which he cannot fully understand, usually because they are highly complex or have some exotic, mystical element that does not yield to analysis. This is the real reason why INTPs are drawn to complexity: anything simple is too quickly understood and cannot hold the fascination for long. Similarly, proficiency in any area (which requires continual practice after understanding) is not such a driving force as it might be for NTJs, for example. While a judging NT will often seek to become master of his field, an INTP is satisfied by analysing it alone. The latter is often more of dabbler with ideas which leads me on to his second crucial aspect: detachment.

The Ti-Ne axis leads to a curious overriding desire to observe from a detached position, indicating the preference for intuitive perception with respect to external things. Since accurate analysis needs to avoid becoming hampered with details or being influenced by the actions of others, the INTP invariably seeks to withdraw, at least in spirit, from the situation being considered. This detachment can sometimes be so marked that he will readily see himself as a neutral observer having no personal association with that going on around him (unless forced to become directly involved through an attack on his principles). The INTP enjoys speculating about how a news item (for example) might be received by other people or how a point of view might offend certain types of people and be supported by yet other types; but to have a point of view of his own rarely seems relevant! This also indicates that Feeling is his least developed function. The argument may even be made that "points of view" and "opinions" are irrelevant since only objective truth counts. In reality, INTPs can often become far less objective than they think they ought to be: precisely at those times when the under-developed Feeling gnaws at his being.

Vulpix
01-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I've done this test a few times and had different results :p... I came out as XNTJ/P Bah :tongue...

Lady L
01-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Your Type is ISFJ;

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

In the workplace, ISFJs are methodical and accurate workers, often with very good memories and unexpected analytic abilities; they are also good with people in small-group or one-on-one situations because of their patient and genuinely sympathetic approach to dealing with others. ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option. Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers.

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior (although, unlike STJs, they are usually as concerned with being "nice" as with strict propriety); if any of their nearest and dearest depart from the straight-and-narrow, it causes the ISFJ major embarrassment: the closer the relationship and the more public the act, the more intense the embarrassment (a fact which many of their teenage children take gleeful advantage of). Over time, however, ISFJs usually mellow, and learn to regard the culprits as harmless eccentrics :-). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones--although strong Js may tend to focus more on what the recipient should want rather than what they do want.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

Functional Analysis
by Joe Butt

Introverted Sensing

As for ISTJs, the dominant Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Again, "for both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. ... A 'proper' chair has four legs," etc. (Jung saw IS as something of an oxymoron: sensing, which is a perceiving function, focused inward and thus away from that which is perceived (the "object"). In this light, he described this sensing as something removed from reality, full of archetypes/mythical figures/hobgoblins; sensing of one's own set of forms.)

Extraverted Feeling

A kind of "regression toward the mean" provided by the Fe auxiliary function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. I suppose it's the auxiliary nature of this Feeling, coupled with the balancing effect of {detachment from the internal idiosyncratic view of free-floating data perceptions} that makes ISFJs tentative, conservative, and reticent to boldly state the rights and wrongs in the relational world. (Loosely translated, ISFJs like to keep their perceptions to themselves, and aren't sure enough that what they "see" as Introverted Sensors has any relevance to the outside world. Thus the perception, based on unworldly data, may not be true. The obedient Extraverted Feeling function must therefore refrain from strong statements expressing these opinions.)

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking is turned inward and is largely invisible. It is only with great difficulty, if at all, that the ISFJ could willingly commit anyone to their doom. Perhaps this explains why ISFJs are loyal to the end; there is no sense of purely objective (i.e., impersonal) judgement of anyone but themselves (and that only by their own standards). Here is this type's achilles heel that makes many of them so vulnerable to the scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells who often use and abuse them.

Extraverted iNtuition

ISFJs are easily undone by Extraverted iNtuition, their inferior function. Believing in the fantastic, and disbelieving the technologically extant, are errors that my guide the gullible (or unfoundedly sceptical) ISFJ off a precipice of mis-conclusion. (One of our co-workers' mothers adamantly refused to believe that Dave Letterman's mom was actually at the olympics in Norway talking with the athletes and handing out hams! She suspected technological trickery.)

This childlike Ne is, however, the likely source (coupled with fun-loving Extraverted Feeling) of the practical joking, punning and (usually harmless) impishness of some ISFJs.

Famous ISFJs:

St. Teresa of Avila (Teresa de Jesus)
Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

Fictional:
Bianca in Taming of the Shrew
David Copperfield
Hero in Much Ado About Nothing
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet
Dr. John H. Watson, M.D. (Sherlock Holmes' faithful sidekick)
U.S. Presidents:
William Howard Taft
Johnny Carson, comedian
Robin Roberts (Good Morning America)
Kristi Yamaguchi, US Olympic figure skater
Ed Bradley, journalist

Ulf
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
INTP
89 62 50 44

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality

I used to get INTJ a lot but now I get this every time.

Brynhild
01-23-2009, 10:14 PM
From the computerised tests, as well as the one I did for a college course, I'm an ISFJ.

SPQR
01-31-2009, 06:39 AM
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

56 12 100 11

Guardian™ Portrait of the Inspector (ISTJ)
The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Tabiti
07-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Forgive me if there is already such thread!

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

My results:

Your Type is INTJ
Introverted 56
Intuitive 62
Thinking 25
Judging 11

o outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

Introverted iNtuition

INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.
Extraverted Thinking

Thinking in this auxiliary role is a workhorse. Closure is the payoff for efforts expended. Evaluation begs diagnosis; product drives process. As they come to light, Thinking tends, protects, affirms and directs iNtuition's offspring, fully equipping them for fulfilling and useful lives. A faithful pedagogue, Thinking argues not so much on its own behalf, but in defense of its charges. And through this process these impressionable ideas take on the likeness of their master.
Introverted Feeling

Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul.
Extraverted Sensing

Sensing serves with a good will, or not at all. As other inferior functions, it has only a rudimentary awareness of context, amount or degree. Thus INTJs sweat the details or, at times, omit them. "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts" could well have been said by an INTJ on a mission. Sensing's extraverted attitude is evident in this type's bent to savor sensations rather than to merely categorize them. Indiscretions of indulgence are likely an expression of the unconscious vengeance of the inferior.
Famous INTJs:

Susan B. Anthony
Lance Armstrong
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus)
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr.
Raymond Burr (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)
Katie Couric
Phil Donahue
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Richard Gere (Pretty Woman)
Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel (Hill Street Blues)
Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV
Peter Jennings
Charles Everett Koop
Ivan Lendl
C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova
Michelle Obama
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts (Bonanza)
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)

U.S. Presidents:
Chester A. Arthur
Calvin Coolidge
Thomas Jefferson
John F. Kennedy
James K. Polk
Woodrow Wilson

Fictional:

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

quotablepatella
07-05-2009, 11:15 AM
I got INTP -

INTP
Introverted 89%
Intuitive 50%
Thinking 62%
Perceiving 56%

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

A Functional Analysis -- by Joe Butt
Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.
Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.
Introverted Sensing

Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.
Extraverted Feeling

Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.
Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods

Fictional INTPs

Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)

Kempenzoon
07-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I scored INTJ this time. Every time I took this test in the past I've scored INTP though, with one exception where I scored ENTP.

I think part of the score depends on how I feel at the moment I do the test.

You are:

* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Some quotes of both the INTP and INTJ descriptions that fit me perfectly:

When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project

INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers.

Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists.

My supervisor has yelled at me more than once for making decisions independently without checking with him first. :D

And my colleagues constantly tell me I don't need to work as hard as I do. :P

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation

To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.

Also describes me to a T. But over time you grow to enjoy the solitude of being unpartnered. :)

BUT, in the end I think it boils down to this:

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

I think this makes me more of an INTP.

One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

This fits me very much as well. My logic is usually impossible to improve upon, but I'm too nonchalant to care much about details or context.

anonymaus
07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Values changed a bit in the last 5-6 years but still ENTJ/Fieldmarshal.

Your Type is ENTJ
Extraverted 11
Intuitive 56
Thinking 50
Judging 28

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed judging personality

Rudy
07-05-2009, 06:39 PM
INTJ
Introverted 89

Intuitive 25

Thinking 12

Judging 11

You are:

* slightly expressed thinking personality

Germanicus
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
67 75 25 44

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey
ENFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENFJ Famous Personalities
ENFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
distinctively expressed extravert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Sally
07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Your Type is
ISFJ

Introverted 89
Sensing 62
Feeling 62
Judging 44

You are:

* distinctively expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality

Tony
07-05-2009, 08:20 PM
INTJ here
Introverted 100
Intuitive 75
Thinking 50
Judging 17

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Osweo
07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm not very good at describing myself. I have a notion that doesn't quite fit the reality sometimes. It'd be better if somebody who knew me well did the test about me.

Frigga
07-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Your Type is: ENFP

Extraverted 22
Intuitive 12
Feeling 62
Perceiving 22

Manifest Destiny
07-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I'm an INTJ:

Introverted - 50
Intuitive - 50
Thinking - 69
Judging - 89

INTJ Profile (http://typelogic.com/intj.html)

Kempenzoon
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I find it interesting that on most forums I visit, types like INTP or INTJ score very high, while in the general population of society they only make up maybe 1 or 2% of the people.

Here too: INTP and INTJ; which are two of the "rationals" together make up 47% of the Apricity O_o That's an immense number.

sturmwalkure
07-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Introverted 67
Sensing 50
Feeling 31
Perceiving 39

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Útrám
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
INTJ. I've taken this and other tests based on the same typology system, I always get INTJ.

Äike
07-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
78 12 88 11

You are:

* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* very expressed thinking personality

Osweo
07-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Your Type is the highly unique and original for Apricity
INTP
67 25 12 22
:shrug:
Pretty low values...

What does that mean? Ah, somebody's done it for me :P :

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

A Functional Analysis -- by Joe Butt
Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking strives to extract the essence of the Idea from various externals that express it. In the extreme, this conceptual essence wants no form or substance to verify its reality. Knowing the Truth is enough for INTPs; the knowledge that this truth can (or could) be demonstrated is sufficient to satisfy the knower. "Cogito, ergo sum" expresses this prime directive quite succinctly.

In seasons of low energy level, or moments of single-minded concentration, the INTP is aloof and detached in a way that might even offend more relational or extraverted individuals.
Extraverted iNtuition

Intuition softens and socializes Thinking, fleshing out the brittle bones of truths formed in the dominant inner world. That which is is not negotiable; yet actual application diffuses knowledge to the extent that knowledge needs qualification and context to be of any consequence in this foreign world of substance.

If Thinking can desist, the INTP is free to brainstorm, calling up the perceptions of the unconscious (i.e., intuition) which are mirrored in patterns in the realm of matter, time and space. These perceptions, in the form of theories or hunches, must ultimately defer to the inner principles, or at least they must not negate them.

Intuition unchained gives birth to play. INTPs enjoy games, formal or impromptu, which coax analogies, patterns and theories from the unseen into spontaneous expression in a way that defies their own comprehension.
Introverted Sensing

Sensing is of a subjective, inner nature similar to that of the SJs. It supplies awareness of the forms of senses rather than the raw, analogic stimuli. Facts and figures seek to be cleaned up for comparison with an ever growing range of previously experienced input. Sensing assists intuition in sorting out and arranging information into the building blocks for Thinking's elaborate systems.

The internalizing nature of the INTP's Sensing function leaves a relative absence of environmental awareness (i.e., Extraverted Sensing), except when the environment is the current focus. Consciousness of such conditions is at best a sometime thing.
Extraverted Feeling

Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses.
Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods

Fictional INTPs

Tom and Fiona (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
Dr. Susan Lewis (ER)
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life)
Hmmm.....
Odd that QP, my ethnic and regional close approximate should get the same score. :strokebeard:

Tabiti
07-07-2009, 07:28 AM
So many INTJ - what makes that place perfect :D

Rainraven
07-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I got ENFJ but I rushed through the test quite quickly :)

Barreldriver
08-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I got INTJ, on another test I got ISTJ, but mostly INTJ on these tests, so I stick with INTJ.

Liffrea
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
All I got was they're sending the men in white coats, is that normal?

Your Type is
INTJ
56 88 38 56

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
very expressed intuitive personality

Average in other words,

Jarl
08-21-2009, 12:02 PM
ENTJ - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging

You are:

slightly expressed extravert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

Rational Portrait of the Fieldmarshal (ENTJ)
Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is marshaling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in the Fieldmarshal. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups.

...wow! ;)

Bridie
08-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33 88 62 1

I wonder what the "judging" characteristic, as opposed to "perceiving", is supposed to indicate?

Ariets
08-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Im INTJ. Eneagrams are much better imo, Im 5w4

Jarl
08-21-2009, 01:40 PM
..., and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups.

:) Though this seems true. When I was very young, 5-15, Id always gather a group of peers around me and assume leadership, in a more or less direct manner.

NSFreja
08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Your Type is:
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive 89%
Thinking 12%
Judging 75%
Strength of the preferences 33%

You are:

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational

This is soooooooooo me...

The Black Prince
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
INTJ, every time I took such a test its INTJ.:o

The reason why the I_T_ types are so common is quite obvious I think.
You won't see much extraverts spending hours in front of a computerscreen or reading books for pleasure. Whereas introverts like this overthinking of theories and delving deep into the material.
Thinking (no disrespect against 'feelers') is also a basic when attending on forums and using rational arguments while staying on a intellectual level and not get carried away or get personal to quick.

Birka
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Your Type is
ISTJ
44 1 50 11

Cato
09-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Your Type is:

ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

56 38 50 22

Guardian Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)
We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style.

An uncanny outcome given that I referred to Athena as both my guardian and protectress in a bit of self-dialogue today. :eek: As above, so below. :eek:

Humanophage
09-11-2009, 06:56 AM
INTP.

Funny how INT* seems to be the most popular types on most relatively intelligent forums, but it's usually INTP that dominates. However, European nationalist forums feature more INTJs than INTPs. Compare, for instance:
Stormfront: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=296002&highlight=MBTI+type
Anthroforum: http://anthroforum.com/showthread.php?t=3014&highlight=mbti
RPGCodex: http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=31692&highlight=mbti

It would probably be interesting to make a table listing the frequency of various types on different forums. If anyone has any polls on MBTI from other forums, it would be awfully nice of them to post the results here. I'll probably post an MBTI poll on that black nationalist forum once I get down to registering there.

Johnny Bravo
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
INTP (and rarely INTJ).

Nosi
09-14-2009, 03:48 AM
INTJ You are:
very expressed introvert
slightly expressed judging personalit

asulf
09-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I am emtj
c is pretty good with my perception of what I am .
in correlation with the type of left cerebral another of my carracteristiques..

my notes are: 17 12 50 33

WOW

Left hemisphere

Logical thinking
Focusing on details
The facts dominate
Words and language
Present and past
Mathematics and Science
Sait
Knows the names of objects
Anchored in reality
Pragmatic
Security

Right hemisphere

Emotional Thinking
Global understanding
Imagination dominates
Symbols and images
Present and future
Philosophy and Religion
Believes
Knows the function of objects
Idealist
Impetuous
Risk appetite

nisse
01-02-2010, 03:30 AM
INTP

NordicPower
01-04-2010, 06:24 AM
I guess this makes me a commoner here, but I always score INTJ on these tests. An interesting thing to note is that in my psychology course at the university, when we took the Meyers-Briggs test, I was the only INTJ, and one of very few I's. Mostly people were variations involving E and F.

I also have to admit I like these kinds of tests very much because it allows me to make sense of people, even if ever so slightly. ;)

INTJ

78 88 62 11

You are:

* very expressed intuitive personality

Cail
01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I've taken this test several times in different variants. When i was younger i always scored an INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging), but last two times i got INFJ (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging) instead.

Northern_Paladin
01-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Your Type is
ENTP
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 50 1 44

ENTP type description by D.Keirsey
ENTP Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENTP Famous Personalities
ENTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:

* very expressed extravert
* slightly expressed thinking personality

I thought my intuition was going to be better than "moderate".:coffee:
Same goes for perceiving.

Stefan
01-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Your Type is

78 100 62 33

You are:
very expressed introvert

Ilya.S
08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

You are:
slightly expressed sensing personality

Murphy
08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I scored ISFJ.

Guardian Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

[CONT..] (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=protector)

I think it is accurate to an extent, in fact the closest I have ever gotten on one of these things.

Lithium
08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33 75 25 11

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed feeling personality

Vasconcelos
09-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Hardcore ISTJ :D

(which is funny because my University is called IST :laugh: )

Monolith
09-04-2010, 08:01 PM
ENFP. I'm surprised to see other of my kind here. :D Cheers Frigga and Absinthe! ;)

Troll's Puzzle
09-04-2010, 08:13 PM
scored ENFP a while a go & similar on repeats, most letters are marginal/change sometimes though (except F I think which was strong or w/e)

I can't remember the details of the type so I can't say how it matches me (I guess all the types match someone at some point though, kinda like horoscopes ;)), but I am interested to know the role of ENFP's in Agrippa's Progressive Society.

Vasconcelos
09-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Not many Inspectors around here :(

Monolith
09-04-2010, 08:28 PM
I can't remember the details of the type so I can't say how it matches me

Here's a description I found:

ENFP

pros:

Your strongest virtue is well-developed intuition. This allows you to faultlessly determine the hidden abilities and talents in others, which you accurately point out or compliment them upon. You also try to help people understand their personal problems, often trying to help people feel more positive about them. Your first impression of people is usually the right one. You are able to maintain warm, trusting relations with people. Your feelings for others, both positive and negative are as strong as each other. You are a top class diplomat. You try to help others using your diplomatic abilities to find solutions to often difficult life situations. You help people to avoid humiliation and making hasty decisions that they might later regret.

cons:

Your will power is not as strong as it should be. You are unable to force yourself to do repetitive and laborious work as well as to keep control of yourself in some circumstances. You can become unexpectedly aggressive or push others without good reason. You find paying attention to details quite difficult. It's not easy for you to divide preliminary from secondary. You often do not think enough about the order in which to place your tasks. Because of this you are often drowning in endless work. It is also difficult for you to plan things in order to achieve goals within allotted time periods, which leads you to become physically and psychologically fatigued and unsatisfied with life.

Saruman
09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
As usual I'm on the border between extroverted/introverted, on avg. slightly more Extroverted, but that depends on situation too, sometimes I can be extremely introverted, always very strongly Intuitive, as well as thinking, usually more on perceiving side.
ENTP "Originator" is a good description, because I like to innovate, to pioneer, to create something, often I wouldn't have patience to pursue it to the end, because I get bored often, as once I have done my innovating part which is interesting to me, the rest is some boredom to "bring it home safely", and move onto something else, usually a good INTP "Engineer" will take care of it, but I will bring it home if it's very important, that's why I'm close to INTP too.:) I like hard tasks, impossible odds, and I tend to find a completely different solution to a problem even if there are already proven simpler options, simply because I like to innovate and to win against the odds (partly so I can moderately boast about it later:D).

Psychonaut
09-04-2010, 10:18 PM
To help interpret your results...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5719&stc=1&d=1283638670

la bombe
09-05-2010, 02:18 AM
I've gotten INFP everytime I've ever taken the test except for once.

Vasconcelos
09-05-2010, 02:32 AM
Maybe because this is a yes or no quiz, while others had more options in each question.

Aemma
09-05-2010, 03:46 AM
***I started a Social Group last month called 'THE MBTI Party Palace.' If anybody is interested in joining and isn't there yet, pop me a message and I'll send you an invite.***

Transhumanist
09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
To help interpret your results...

INFJ. Neat. I have always wanted to say, "I'm Batman! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgroQ-q-AUQ)" :)

Osweo
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Which acronym would cover me? I would define myself as;

"One who did this test ages ago, but was so confounded at the acronyms that he cun't make sense of or even remember his own results, how they compared to those of others, or what the point of the entire things was... "

Radojica
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Your Type is

You are:

distinctively expressed feeling personality

:rolleyes2:

ENFJ<table style="width: 309px; height: 90px;" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Extraverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Feeling</td><td>Judging
</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>1</td><td>50</td><td>62</td><td>33

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Innar
12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
You are:

very expressed introvert
very expressed thinking personality

Show us your cognitive functions :coffee:

Arrow Cross
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Same result as years ago, and not surprisingly, the one the majority on this forum seems to possess.

Introverted 89
Intuitive 25
Thinking 75
Judging 44

Magister Eckhart
12-18-2010, 12:17 AM
I always score the same on this test no matter how often I take it. I find it very interesting that so many people are INTJ on these boards; I often find though that I am either the only INTJ or I am surrounded with them.

Your Type is

INTJ
<table width="50%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center"><td align="center">Introverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Thinking</td><td>Judging</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>67</td><td>38</td><td>62</td><td>72
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sabinae
02-06-2011, 03:13 PM
According to the MBTI i am an ENFJ. I have also taken the cognitive process test: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html, and it evaluated my strongest functions to be extravert feeling, organizing planning, and looking at things from many perspectives. The results dont match the ENFJ. Apparently i was ESFJ most likely when younger and i still maintain most of those qualities, therefore i relate to ESFJ overall because of my strongest functions.

Some wise man(thanks Le Rev!), also taught me id need an (E/I)NTP as a match, to guide me through my tangled ways, and be my rock in the storm.

Radola
02-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I did the test here few months ago:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

The result:
INTJ
Extraverted Introverted

11% 89%

Sensing Intuition

37% 63%

Thinking Feeling

79% 21%

Judging Perceiving

74% 26%

The most interesting fact is, that the web says only 1.5% (2.5% male, 0.5% female) of world population are INTJ´s and this forum seems to be full of them :D

Don
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Career

Counseling
Religious Education
Humanities
Web Design
Musician
Literature/Writer
Archaeology
Psychology/Psychotherapist

Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial
Doug Funny, Doug cartoons
Rocko, Rocko's Modern Life cartoons

Saruman
02-06-2011, 03:46 PM
I think I voted mistakenly when I did, then I had no good knowledge of these types, but I'm rather INTP, so more introverted, 2nd closest would be ENTP, then INTJ probably. :)

Tom Cat
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Your Type is
INTJ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="50%"><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Introverted</TD><TD>Intuitive</TD><TD>Thinking</TD><TD>Judging</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Strength of the preferences % </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>89</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>78</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Artek
02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
So many INTJ'S. So unbelievable...

Saruman
02-06-2011, 06:30 PM
So many INTJ'S. So unbelievable...

Hence so many fights, everyone wants to be da bozz. But it must be good for mod/admin INTJ's. They're just bozzing at will.:D

Curtis24
02-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Almost 2/3rds of the people here are NT.

Which makes sense, if you accept Keirsey's definition that NTs are dedicated to investigating and cataloguing the truth, than the other temperaments.

Comte Arnau
02-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm an INFJ, so I'm a Counselor. I admit I agree quite a lot with the description, I'm surprised.

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than three percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Focus on: Literature/Writing - Humanities - Philosophy - Archeology - Religion - Psychology - Counseling
Famous people: Immanual Kant, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Beethoven

Groenewolf
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
And now I am an INTJ.

Piparskeggr
02-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Your Type is INTJ with strength of the preferences:
Introverted - 44%, Intuitive - 50%, Thinking - 1%, Judging - 78%

(I thought I was more thoughtful than that. :D )

You are: moderately expressed introvert, moderately expressed intuitive personality, slightly expressed thinking personality, very expressed judging personality

After I voted, I see that over 35% of Apricians fall in the INTJ classification.

The type is adjudged to be a Mastermind. :p

Furtive Feline
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
ISFJ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="50%"><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Introverted</TD><TD>Sensing</TD><TD>Feeling</TD><TD>Judging</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Strength of the preferences % </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>44</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>56</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Piparskeggr
02-06-2011, 10:50 PM
ISFJ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="50%"><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Introverted</TD><TD>Sensing</TD><TD>Feeling</TD><TD>Judging</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Strength of the preferences % </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>44</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>56</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A kitty!

mymy
02-07-2011, 03:26 AM
ISFP, Artisan Composer :)

Foxy
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I am... INTJ

33% more introverted
88% more intuitive
25% more thinking
33% more judging

You are:

I agree that I am a very intuitive person, I mean that I always understand before how things will finish. I have never been cought in wrong foot.
I tend to be also very introvert, especially with feelings. Very few people have access to what I really feel, actually at the moment only one person.
I also think very much about taking an important decision, sometimes even for years!
I have a big sense of responsability and when I see other people taking things too easily and then to commit an error I never forgive. Once you lost my trust you are out of my life.

People say about me: that I am cold, that I am feminine but at the same time I have a masculine character and that I am punctual when I speak. Usually they see me like a leader or anyway a serious (even too much) person when we come to important decisions.

Ps: I have not read the profile of INTJ yet, first I wanted to make a mental summit of what people say about me and only LATER see what's its profile. Let's see if they agree...

Zankapfel
02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm an ISTP, apparently. Although I thought I'd be a Rational.
Is there a comprehensive site where I can read more about this type and see how much I can relate?

Comte Arnau
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Is there a comprehensive site where I can read more about this type and see how much I can relate?

So you are a Crafter? Now I understand why you find it soothing. ;)

Zankapfel
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
^ Chja. I do love creating, be it a scarf or a microprocessor-based CP :p
That much is true, but the description given at the end of the test is very brief. Also, I am not at all bored by theoretics. I, in fact, love them.

Comte Arnau
02-09-2011, 02:27 PM
^ Chja. I do love creating, be it a scarf or a microprocessor-based CP :p
That much is true, but the description given at the end of the test is very brief. Also, I am not at all bored by theoretics. I, in fact, love them.

Dunno about any comprehensive site, but well, one can get an idea with this:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/crafter.asp

http://typelogic.com/istp.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTP.html

Monolith
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Dunno about any comprehensive site, but well, one can get an idea with this:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/crafter.asp

http://typelogic.com/istp.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTP.html
Maybe this one is more comprehensive:
http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm

Guapo
02-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I am a WTFGTFO. my personality sucks ass.

CreepyAura
02-09-2011, 09:27 PM
ISFJ here...

Furtive Feline
02-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Hello there, yourself!:D

CelticTemplar
02-09-2011, 09:59 PM
INTJ

33 38 50 44

Your are a:

Anyone care to explain what this means?

Psychonaut
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTP_%28personality_type%29) makes perfect sense: "According to Myers-Briggs, ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering." :)

Comte Arnau
02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
How much do you rely on these tests, Psy? And how are they more scientific than the astrological archetypes, if I may ask. :)

Psychonaut
02-09-2011, 10:19 PM
How much do you rely on these tests, Psy? And how are they more scientific than the astrological archetypes, if I may ask. :)

I find the MBTI the most useful indicator of personality type that has been developed so far. It is nuanced in a way that hardly any of the descriptive schemes that had come before couldn't even approach. Still, it is only useful if the person taking the test is being completely honest with themselves, which is why I have a feeling that more accurate results (as with any psychological assessment) are obtained when the test is administered in person by an analyst.

Electronic God-Man
02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I remember I used to get INTP all the time, but it looks as though I've tipped over into INTJ the last several times, inlcluding this last time.

INTJ

Introvertive: 67
Intuitive: 62
Thinking: 50
Judging: 33

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert

CelticTemplar
02-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Never mind I got it, and I think the description fits me rather well.

jerney
02-11-2011, 12:00 AM
This one says INTJ, but I took the real test in high school and I think I got ISFP then

Comte Arnau
02-11-2011, 12:33 AM
This forum is full of Masterminds! :) Let's see the comments about them...

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population...

:mmmm: This forum is full of liars! :tongue

J/K

la bombe
02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
This forum is full of Masterminds! :) Let's see the comments about them...

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population...

:mmmm: This forum is full of liars! :tongue

J/K

I remember the anthroboards having a strangely high proportion of INFPs (myself included) but it's not surprising given that introverted types are overrepresented on the internet.

Hulda.Kin
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
I fluctuate between INFP and INTJ depends on how things are going for me... under pressure then INTJ.. you know, cut the emotional crap and get the job done... but when things are calm I am INFP... but am always told i am bloody minded and too much in my head... go figure! I don't have my old test scores with me now as it's been a while since i did the test but I know they were low % on all... so am not high for any of them, maybe that is why it is easier for me to go between them both. A friend who is the same suffers from depression and thinks that might be the cause in him with the fluctuating... not sure for me and i am sometimes E and not always I. All depends.

Psychonaut
02-11-2011, 01:31 AM
I remember the anthroboards having a strangely high proportion of INFPs (myself included) but it's not surprising given that introverted types are overrepresented on the internet.

Yeah, I'd imagine it's much less a matter of misrepresentation and more one of particular types of people gravitating to this medium.

safinator
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Your Type is
ISTP

You are:

GeistFaust
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I got INTP twice.

Curtis24
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
INFJ, baby ;)

Rosenrot
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
ISFJ
Introverted - Sensing - Feeling - Judging

Saruman
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
This time I'm INTP. Before I voted ENTP but I get results similar to these often and I think INTP is the closest, then ENTP and obviously my P is not extreme as I or T.

Your Type is
INTP
11 88 75 22

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

Volkodav
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
only one here with ESFJ, what do i win ?

Odoacer
07-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I have always scored ISTJ. Very strong introversion with varying degrees of the other 3 components (usually weak-to-middling S, middling-to-strong T, middling to strong J).

safinator
07-09-2011, 10:03 PM
33% of INTJ here when they only account for 2.1 % of population.
Makes me wonder

Curtis24
07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
only one here with ESFJ, what do i win ?

ticket out the door! (j/k :P)

Curtis24
07-09-2011, 10:18 PM
33% of INTJ here when they only account for 2.1 % of population.
Makes me wonder

It is a good thing, given that INTJs are the most logical and objective of all the types :thumb001:

Moustache
07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm an ENTP, with intuition and extraversion being the most and least pronounced, respectively.

Transhumanist
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Something I posted on ABF. Doing the same for here.

Percentage of the sixteen personality types of The Apricity members, ABF members, and Gene Expression (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/07/2011-reader-survey-gnxxp-vs-gnxyp-edition/) readers. Compared to results of this study (Table 5): http://psych.wisc.edu/henriques/papers/Sak.pdf

G = Gifted Group
N = Norm Group
A = ABF
R = Razib, as in Razib Khan of Gene Expression
C = The Apricity

Sorted in descending order by –> G/N = Gifted sample %/Normative Group sample %

Gene Expression (N=497) M=80% F=20%
ABF (N=39) M=77% F=23%
Apricity (N=117)

TYPE G N G/N A R C
INTP 12 4 3.4 13 20 15
INTJ 8 3 2.9 21 30 32
INFP 10 4 2.7 13 6 6
INFJ 5 2 2.7 13 5 7
ENTP 11 5 2.3 10 8 3
ENFP 16 8 2 5 2 4
ENTJ 6 4 1.5 5 3 3
ENFJ 5 4 1.3 3 3 3
ISTJ 7 7 1 5 11 7
ISTP 3 4 0.8 0 4 4
ESTP 3 7 0.5 0 1 0
ISFJ 3 7 0.4 3 1 6
ISFP 2 5 0.4 3 2 7
ESFP 3 9 0.3 0 1 0
ESTJ 4 15 0.3 5 2 0
ESFJ 3 14 0.2 3 1 2

HungAryan
07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I am ISTJ.

Introverted: 67%
Sensing: 38 %
Thinking: 50%
Judging: 1%

I am:
-distinctively expressed introvert
-moderately expressed sensing personality
-moderately expressed thinking personality
-slightly expressed judging personality

The Journeyman
07-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Career

Counseling
Religious Education
Humanities
Web Design
Musician
Literature/Writer
Archaeology
Psychology/Psychotherapist

Quote:
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial
Doug Funny, Doug cartoons
Rocko, Rocko's Modern Life cartoons

INFP ftw! :swl

mymy
08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
ISFP

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.

ISFPs generally have the following traits:

Keen awareness of their environment
Live in the present moment
Enjoy a slower pace - they like to take time to savor the present moment
Dislike dealing with theory or abstract thought, unless they see a practical application
Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them
Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow
Take things seriously, although they frequently appear not to
Special bond with children and animals
Quiet and reserved, except with people they know extremely well
Trusting, sensitive, and kind
Service-oriented; they're driven to help others
Extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty
Likely to be original and unconventional
Learn best with hands-on training
Hate being confined to strict schedules and regimens
Need space and freedom to do things their own way
Dislike mundane, routine tasks, but will perform them if necessary

Artist
Musician / Composer
Designer
Child Care / Early Childhood Development
Social Worker / Counselor
Teacher
Psychologist
Veterinarian
Forest Ranger
Pediatrician

Sounds really like me :)

Seeker
08-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
11 62 88 22

Cail
08-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I've taken this test several times in different variants. When i was younger i always scored an INTJ (Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging), but last two times i got INFJ (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging) instead.
Retook the test again, after nearly a year and half. I'm an ENFJ now (Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging). Wonder if moving to Italy has smth to do with it oO =D.

Seeker
08-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Hm this test might not be very accurate, i found one with more questions and more choises .

http://similarminds.com/embj.html

Again similar results =/. I might try it again in a year or two next time.

Introverted (I) 79.31% Extroverted (E) 20.69%
Intuitive (N) 51.22% Sensing (S) 48.78%
Thinking (T) 87.1% Feeling (F) 12.9%
Judging (J) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 15.63%

Your type is: INTJ

zeta
08-21-2011, 03:33 PM
You are:

slightly expressed feeling personality

SilverKnight
08-21-2011, 03:42 PM
wow. most are INTJ like me :)

mymy
08-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Dionysian temperament = -S-P types,"Sensation Seeking"
Epimethean temperament = -S-J types,"Security Seeking"
Promethean temperament = -NT- types,"Knowledge Seeking"
Apollonian temperament = -NF- types,"Identity Seeking"

mymy
08-25-2011, 06:26 PM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3640/esfpposterfj8.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bN9se-ul_aE/S4NUfzrOIKI/AAAAAAAACUo/TkqRQa-VyqM/s400/estpposter2.jpg
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/artsnail/ISFP.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1638/01fbqxgpen.jpg

mymy
08-25-2011, 06:34 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_JGupD7gV6g0/TPUJRDt8GzI/AAAAAAAAACE/dbi0bCbzS6k/s320/ESFJ%2Bposter.jpg
http://www.enfpforum.com/enfpforum/Portals/0/MBTI%20Pics/ESTJ/ESTJ%20must%20win.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3hyaG4pNj4Q/Sr6Y-myrQyI/AAAAAAAAAF4/r3JVtb89JhY/s400/isfj+poster2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/isthisReal/ISTJ-1-1.jpg

mymy
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/gorta/ENTJ3-3.jpg
http://www.enfpforum.com/enfpforum/Portals/0/MBTI%20Pics/ENTP/entp%20cleaning.jpg
http://www.enfpforum.com/enfpforum/Portals/0/MBTI%20Pics/INTJ/INTJ-%20pandora.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3hyaG4pNj4Q/Sr6vQ_xHblI/AAAAAAAAALA/v_D_TV7na0o/s400/intp+poster.jpg

Allenson
08-25-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm an INFJ apparently.

http://www.enfpforum.com/enfpforum/Portals/0/MBTI%20Pics/INFJ/INFJ%20betray.jpg

mymy
08-25-2011, 07:12 PM
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/Kalifornia310/motivator8bfbcb38d603c5324ee311c951.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/gorta/ENFP9-1.jpg
http://themusereborn.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/infj.jpg
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6209/infpposter2.gif

Transmontano
10-04-2011, 07:16 AM
INTJ

These tests annoy me sometimes. I think many questions aren't specific enough - maybe that's on purpose?

Too bad there isn't an intermediate option besides Yes or No.

I don't know about these tests.

Strange result, too. I'm more of an artist.

Anyway:

Your Type is INTJ

Introverted 78
Intuitive 12
Thinking 1
Judging 22

You are:

very expressed introvert

http://typelogic.com/intj.html

http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-78&SN=-12&TF=0.6&JP=22

http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp

GeistFaust
10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I have taken the test twice might as well take it a third time and I have gotten an INTP twice. That said I feel like I fit the INTJ category a little better. But both are the closest matches overall in correlation with any other personality type.

AAraj
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Did it a couple of times, read a couple of descriptions and got INTJ / ENTJ. Weird though, they have some major differences.
And surely, this is one of the most valuable tests there are. Interesting.

mymy
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
INTJ

These tests annoy me sometimes. I think many questions aren't specific enough - maybe that's on purpose?

Too bad there isn't an intermediate option besides Yes or No.

I don't know about these tests.

Strange result, too. I'm more of an artist.

This is online test, it is not very precise... Some of those online test show you option "you might also be..." near result you got. You can determinate the best if you read description and see where you fit the best. In those tests differences are in only one answer sometimes and it totally change you type... but real life is more complex.

Boudica
10-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm an INTJ, how odd, it seems as if way over the majority on the site are also this from looking at the poll, yet it says that it is a rare personality and makes up to 1-2% of the population, lol..

http://www.jrdkirk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/INTJ-poster7.jpg

BanjaLuka
10-04-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm an INTJ, how odd, it seems as if way over the majority on the site are also this from looking at the poll, yet it says that it is a rare personality and makes up to 1-2% of the population, lol..

http://www.jrdkirk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/INTJ-poster7.jpg

I used to be INTJ, 5 years ago, but course of my life and what I've been through over that past time has molded me into INFJ. :eek:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg21/scaled.php?server=21&filename=motivator8652df2b1df48b.jpg&res=medium

http://data.whicdn.com/images/10830553/INFJ2-1_large.jpg?1308157858

http://data.whicdn.com/images/13573120/motivatorb98490e041c33123a4ac68d238ad3b5e110ea302_ large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12687502/poster24960982_large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12687651/-motivator53321059c75e715f1e2b5e678bb4b5c44f3f39f8_ large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/13572854/motivatored3b66fb062b9ccc31e8b7f284dff5a49c87ac94_ large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12008291/INFJ10-1_large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12687380/INFJ30_large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12008296/INFJ22_large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/13572912/-motivator43680783699d44719f7b36ff3784bc77539c8ba7_ large.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/12687482/INFJ19_large.jpg

But...my alter ego is INTJ(ish) and I unleash it on this forum just for fun ;)

Trog
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
I have taken the test twice might as well take it a third time and I have gotten an INTP twice. That said I feel like I fit the INTJ category a little better. But both are the closest matches overall in correlation with any other personality type.

Same here, INTP and yet i'm sureI was an INTJ last time I tried them , which was around 2 years ago.

Scrapple
10-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Just took the tests again and I want from ISTP to ISTJ. I have done this before and generally switch between the two depending on my mood at the time.

Oreka Bailoak
10-05-2011, 12:50 AM
ENTJ - Field Marshal. Most driven to leadership.

2% of population.

Examples: Napoleon, Norman Schwarzkopf.

Trademark: "I'm really sorry you have to die". (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

Quotes: "from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups..."
"They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work."

lol

Sahson
10-05-2011, 01:01 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/120/3/9/INTP_Motivational_Poster_by_ConnMan8D.jpg

Riki
10-05-2011, 02:08 AM
 Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving ENFP

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.

In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

by Joe Butt

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted iNtuition
The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.
Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.

Introverted Feeling
Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.
Extraverted Thinking
Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.
Introverted Sensing
Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.
Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

Quasimodem
10-05-2011, 03:12 AM
The diagnosis:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7395/intpd.jpg

You are:

slightly expressed introvert
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

It appears as if I'm an INTP with significant ENTP admixture, as you can see.

Odoacer
10-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I have always scored ISTJ. Very strong introversion with varying degrees of the other 3 components (usually weak-to-middling S, middling-to-strong T, middling to strong J).

So I went ahead & actually took the test this time around. Results (unsurprising):

Your Type is
ISTJ
100 25 25 61

You are:

• very expressed introvert
• moderately expressed sensing personality
• moderately expressed thinking personality
• distinctively expressed judging personality

AR89
10-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted 61
Intuitive 50
Thinking 50
Judging 44

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert

leisitox
10-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Your Type is
INTP
78 75 75 33

You are:

very expressed introvert
"Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage":thumb001: Is really like this, accurately

Money Shot
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
I have taken the full version of this test. I am an INTJ.

INTJ's are elusive in the wild, but quite common on the internet.

Maybe the internet as a means of comminication with others appeals to the INTJ types, maybe the shortened test that you find on the net gives a false high number of INTJs. Don't know.

Interesting test and concept behind it.

Supreme American
10-24-2011, 08:20 PM
ISTJ:

Panopticon
10-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I've done these tests on the Internet quite a few times and I've always gotten INTP.

Logan
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.enfpforum.com/enfpforum/Portals/0/MBTI%20Pics/INTJ/INTJ-%20pandora.jpg

'All things in moderation, including moderation.'

Mark Twain

AussieScott
10-26-2011, 10:28 AM
33 62 1 33

There seems to lots of us here...:eek:

Apparently I don't think much...

AinoMaria
01-20-2012, 07:30 AM
first time i did this i got isfp, healer/idealist, but usually i got isfj

Portrait of the ISFJ - Keirsey's Protector

Please Understand Me II, by David Keirsey, PhD We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Video Profile of a Rational

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Famous ISFJ personalities
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet

LightInDarkness
01-21-2012, 12:45 AM
You are ESTJ:

moderately expressed sensing personality

Tarja
01-21-2012, 12:59 AM
I was ISTJ last time I took this, but now I'm apparently INTJ.

Very expressed introvert
Moderately expressed intuitive personality
Moderately expressed thinking personality
Slightly expressed judging personality

Vasa
01-22-2012, 12:06 AM
INTJ
33 38 75 33

Im in the INTJ-gang.

Benacer
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Good to see other INFPs here. And yes, this is a bump.

la bombe
04-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Good to see other INFPs here. And yes, this is a bump.

Funny, I've been reading up on the types lately and I'm an INFP too.

Benacer
04-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Funny, I've been reading up on the types lately and I'm an INFP too.

Beware of INTJs trying to bring order to everything, they are our worst enemies!

la bombe
04-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Beware of INTJs trying to bring order to everything, they are our worst enemies!

I actually get along well with INTJs. I tend to be drawn to people that are less... internally chaotic than me :p

Ants
04-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Cool test, I see there are many INTJ's here.

Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted 100
Intuitive 25
Thinking 88
Judging 78

You are:

very expressed introvert
very expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

Sarmatian
04-05-2012, 02:06 AM
INTJ

very expressed introvert

For some reason I'm not surprised to be one of Masterminds :D

Mordid
04-05-2012, 01:04 PM
bump.
Reported.

~Elizabeth~
04-14-2012, 03:24 AM
ISTJ

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dhsmly.jpg

and when I click on the description the page redirects me to this page -->> http://keirsey.com/4temps/inspector.aspx

Siegfried
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm INTJ (I expected it).

winter_rose
04-27-2012, 07:50 PM
ESFP

Albion
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
INTP

I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: INTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
N – iNtuition preferred to sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.
T – Thinking preferred to feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.
P – Perception preferred to judgment: INTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.

INTPs are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work. Consequently, they are frequently found in careers such as science, philosophy, law, and architecture. INTPs tend to be less at ease in social situations or in the "caring professions", although they enjoy the company of those who share their interests. They prize autonomy in themselves and others. They generally balk at attempts by others to convince them to change. They also tend to be impatient with the bureaucracy, rigid hierarchies, and the politics prevalent in many professions. INTPs have little regard for titles and badges, which they often consider to be unjustified. INTPs usually come to distrust authority as hindering the uptake of novel ideas and the search for knowledge. INTPs accept ideas based on merit, rather than tradition or authority. They have little patience for social customs that seem illogical or that serve as obstacles for pursuing ideas and knowledge. This may place them at odds with people who have an SJ preference, since SJs tend to defer to authority, tradition, and what the rest of the group is doing.[2] INTPs prefer to work informally with others as equals.[11]
INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they need to be. To the INTPs' mind, they are presenting all the relevant information or trying to crystallize the concept as clearly as possible.[11]
Given their independent nature, INTPs may prefer working alone to leading or following in a group. During interactions with others, if INTPs are focused on gathering information, they may seem oblivious, aloof, or even rebellious—when in fact they are concentrating on listening and understanding. However, INTPs' extraverted intuition often gives them a quick wit, especially with language. They may defuse tension through comical observations and references. They can be charming, even in their quiet reserve, and are sometimes surprised by the high esteem in which their friends and colleagues hold them.[11]
INTPs are driven to fully understand a discussion from all relevant angles. Their impatience with seemingly indefensible ideas can make them particularly devastating at debate.[2] When INTPs feel insulted, they may respond with sudden, cutting criticism. After such an incident, INTPs are likely to be as bewildered as the recipient. They have broken the rules of debate and exposed their raw emotions. To INTPs, this is the crux of the problem: improperly handled emotions, INTPs believe, can only harm. While INTPs experience emotions as an important part of their internal lives, and sometimes share their emotions with others, INTPs nevertheless believe that emotions must not play a role in logical discussions, or be expressed in a way that would put themselves at disadvantage.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP_per.html

This describes me very well.

European Loyalist
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM

Siegfried
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
INTJ. apparently I have the most common personality type on TA.

But one of the least common in the real world:thumb001:

Minesweeper
04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
I love masterminds, when they obey of course. Useful people. :)

Siegfried
04-27-2012, 09:39 PM
I love masterminds, when they obey of course. Useful people. :)

I don't obey, unless it's to my own personal advantage.:thumb001:

Darn, I should've saved my results. Now I have to take the test again.:mad:

Minesweeper
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Benefit is something you should expect from ENTJ's superior leadership, both personal and social. But it won't be easy without your thinking to support us. ;)

Siegfried
04-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Here you go:

Your Type is
INTJ

89 75 50 22

You are:
very expressed introvert

I just read the wikipedia definition and it seems very correct.

Nurzat
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
seems i'm an INTJ, most common type by far here (one third of the ones who voted, meaning 57 members, lol)

Lena
04-28-2012, 11:23 AM
ISFJ -'protector'

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees.

Duke
04-28-2012, 11:50 AM
ENTP

The ENTP has been described variously as the innovator, the originator, the lawyer, the inventor, the explorer, and the visionary. ENTPs also fall into the general categories of thinkers, rationals, and engineers.

Matilda
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
3 years ago I was ENTP now I'm INFP.
I've changed. I used to like people, going to parties..now I don't.

Albion
04-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I took the test and and got INTJ this time. It's odd, on other such tests I've got INTP.

Your Type is
INTJ
89 38 88 56

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss
Profile: INTJ
Revision: 3.1
Date of Revision: 17 Oct 2009

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

Functional Analysis
by Joe Butt

Introverted iNtuition
INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.
Extraverted Thinking
Thinking in this auxiliary role is a workhorse. Closure is the payoff for efforts expended. Evaluation begs diagnosis; product drives process. As they come to light, Thinking tends, protects, affirms and directs iNtuition's offspring, fully equipping them for fulfilling and useful lives. A faithful pedagogue, Thinking argues not so much on its own behalf, but in defense of its charges. And through this process these impressionable ideas take on the likeness of their master.
Introverted Feeling
Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul.
Extraverted Sensing
Sensing serves with a good will, or not at all. As other inferior functions, it has only a rudimentary awareness of context, amount or degree. Thus INTJs sweat the details or, at times, omit them. "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts" could well have been said by an INTJ on a mission. Sensing's extraverted attitude is evident in this type's bent to savor sensations rather than to merely categorize them. Indiscretions of indulgence are likely an expression of the unconscious vengeance of the inferior.

Drawing-slim
04-28-2012, 01:01 PM
ISFP
But at least 50% of the questions i dont have an obsolute clear answear to how i would really handle or react..

Heart of Oak
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
apparently i'm a Infp ........

Panopticon
04-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Close to textbook INTP according to the test from this site:
http://www.mypersonality.info (The short tests that the Internet provides will usually lack so called "grey areas".)

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/23/239661.png (http://dakzuh.mypersonality.info)

Geronimo
04-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Apparently I'm an INTJ

distinctively expressed introvert (67%)
slightly expressed intuitive personality (12%)
distinctively expressed thinking personality (75%)
slightly expressed judging personality (1%), not very judging after all :)

Looking at these percentages I'm somewhere between INTJ and INTP.

Hurr Durr
04-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, I'm INTP, and only have 12% on thinking, which makes it 88% on feeling. I thought INTP's were supposed to be thinkers.On the others, I am 67 % introverted, 62% Intuitive, and 22 % perceptive.

Adrian
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
ESFJ

Profile: ESFJ

Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes.

All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others.

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.

Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of ********* The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

As caretakers, ESFJs sense danger all around--germs within, the elements without, unscrupulous malefactors, insidious character flaws. The world is a dangerous place, not to be trusted. Not that the ESFJ is paranoid; 'hyper-vigilant' would be more precise. And thus they serve excellently as protectors, outstanding in fields such as medical care and elementary education.

Nurzat
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
3 years ago I was ENTP now I'm INFP.
I've changed. I used to like people, going to parties..now I don't.

i've switched from extrovert to introvert too, although i never liked parties to put it that way :D maybe i'm somewhere in the middle, as i find no difficulty in standing in crowds, being watched, getting into an argue or speaking to audiences, BUT i do not enjoy doing it, so i just do what i have to, being a loud mouth if provoked but it's not what i would be under normal circumstances, left in peace :) of course, most times i don't even care so i spare some energy

Leadchucker
04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I took the test and and got INTJ this time. It's odd, on other such tests I've got INTP.

You insert is spot on, that's me nearly to the tee :eek:

Arrow Cross
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
As I already mentioned elsewhere, it isn't an accident INTJ dominates these ethnically conscious boards so much.

Introversion and Intuition help you listen to your own judgement and instincts instead of trying to conform, or go by what's being told 0-24. Introverts also spend more time online than more sociable Extraverts, and Intuitive personalities tend to think more abstractly, perceiving future tendencies and threats more easily than Sensers.

Thinking gives you rationality and a critical mind over sentimentalism; something our enemies are all too ready to exploit with tales of siss million Juice and starving African kids suffering. Racialist boards also tend to be male-dominated (perhaps not this one), and there's a distinct masculine/feminine divide with regards to T/F, respectively. Over 75% of women are Feelers.

And finally, Judging gives you the firmness and determination to be able to decide for yourself what's right and what's wrong. It is perhaps the least relevant of the four elements, making INTPs the second most frequent here.

Well, I'm INTP, and only have 12% on thinking, which makes it 88% on feeling. I thought INTP's were supposed to be thinkers.
If you got INTP, then Thinking is more prominent than Feeling. 12% means you're 12% into Thinking, not that it's the total percentage of your answers.

Linet
06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
ENFP

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say three or four percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists. Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Video Profile of an Idealist Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.
ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.

In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.
ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone , especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Your Type is-always and always and always
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

Linet
06-04-2012, 09:15 PM
mine? :blink:

Barreldriver
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
First time I took this years ago I scored INTJ.

This time around I scored ISTJ.

Probably likely that peoples scores would change in some slight manner over a prolonged period of time afore stabilizing in later adulthood. I'm still only 22.

My switch from N to S reflects my current trend in coming back down to earth so to say, less pondering about abstractions.

Vasconcelos
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
First time I took this years ago I scored INTJ.

This time around I scored ISTJ.

Probably likely that peoples scores would change in some slight manner over a prolonged period of time afore stabilizing in later adulthood. I'm still only 22.

Happens to me aswell, although I get ISTJ more often than INTJ. Usually my S-N gets something like 55-45 or the opposite.

Barreldriver
06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Happens to me aswell, although I get ISTJ more often than INTJ. Usually my S-N gets something like 55-45 or the opposite.

I have a presumption that as we age we'll be more consistently ISTJ than INTJ being preoccupied with careers which would demand most of our attention as opposed to spending time fiddling with abstract thought.

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-04-2012, 09:41 PM
mine? :blink:

congrats komsu ,we are almost identical :thumb001:

Only I am less meditarennean

Linet
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
congrats komsu ,we are almost identical :thumb001:

Only I am less meditarennean

...i ll start psychotherapy :blink: ... thats my last solution...:cry2
...Cruel world.... you brought my greekness to its knees... :shakefist:
i have to repeat.. life is just testing you...

Virtuous
11-27-2012, 06:34 PM
honour, like a tr00 Knight.

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

MissProvocateur
11-27-2012, 07:25 PM
ENFP

I got a 50% on the F though.

Partizan
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Judging(11%)
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Virtuous
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
ENFP

I got a 50% on the F though.

wierd fufu is wierd :P

Mraz
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
ISTP
Introvert(33%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(22)%

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Virtuous
11-27-2012, 07:52 PM
INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

Introverted (I) 75.76% Extroverted (E) 24.24%
Intuitive (N) 56.25% Sensing (S) 43.75%
Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
Perceiving (P) 55.56% Judging (J) 44.44%

Kazimiera
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
ISTJ

100% introvert (no surprise there)
38% sensing
75% thinking
67% judging

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

This is so me that its scary!

Pretan
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
INTP

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(38%) Perceiving(33)%
•You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
•You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
•You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
•You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

Superbia
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
This test is nice, thanks to the one who posted it. I got:

INTJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(75%) iNtuitive Thinking(38%) Judging(56%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

I'd say that fits pretty well

Graus
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Dont need a test to tell me I got a shitty personality.

Lobotomist
11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Your Type

INFJ

Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Judging(1%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

:thumb001:

Jackson
11-28-2012, 08:16 PM
INTJ
Introvert(33%)
iNtuitive(25%)
Thinking(88%)
Judging(44%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

Seems to make perfect sense to me. At least us INTJ's are the majority single group here (31%).

Jackson
11-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Haha, reading through the different types - My Dad is definitley an ENTP.

Vojdan
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm INTP and I was amazed how well I fit into the description.

Meow
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm an INTJ, it describes me quite well.

finþaų
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
INTx.

Clawgauth
01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
ISTJ

Introvert(67%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)

[...]They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ. [...] Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss. ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. [...] Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. [...] "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs. Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile.

fuck, it's me

The Alchemist
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm 89% extraverted, and proud of it. It's just my nature.

Virtuous
01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
From INFP to ISFP, I made some progress.

Olive
05-21-2013, 02:56 AM
INTP

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP.html

I think it pretty much describes me well.

alfieb
05-21-2013, 03:07 AM
ENTJ. Natural-born leader.

Baluarte
05-21-2013, 03:09 AM
INTP family!

"INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves."

silver_surfer
11-22-2013, 07:51 PM
I got ISFP.

armenianbodyhair
11-22-2013, 08:26 PM
ENTP just like always.

Jackson
11-22-2013, 11:30 PM
It's funny how over-represented us INTJ's are here, as well as INTPs, no wonder it feels like home. :)
For INTJs i think are about 2-3% of the population or something, but are 30% here.

Geminus
11-23-2013, 10:24 AM
It's funny how over-represented us INTJ's are here, as well as INTPs, no wonder it feels like home. :)
For INTJs i think are about 2-3% of the population or something, but are 30% here.

That's true, one could think this whole forum is part of a conspiracy of INTJ masterminds considering there are so many here :D
I'm an INTP and I think it's a lot of fun to read through all these descriptions of the types, many observations are really uncannily right.

Fincher
12-22-2013, 03:52 AM
Whats your type?

http://similarminds.com/jung.html

MarkyMark
12-22-2013, 03:54 AM
INTJ

Shah-Jehan
12-22-2013, 03:58 AM
Introverted (I) 63.33% Extroverted (E) 36.67%
Sensing (S) 52.38% Intuitive (N) 47.62%
Feeling (F) 51.43% Thinking (T) 48.57%
Perceiving (P) 51.22% Judging (J) 48.78%

Fincher
12-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Introverted (I) 73.08% Extroverted (E) 26.92%
Sensing (S) 58.06% Intuitive (N) 41.94%
Feeling (F) 64.29% Thinking (T) 35.71%
Perceiving (P) 65.71% Judging (J) 34.29%

Your type is: ISFP

ISFP - "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 8.8% of total population.

Smeagol
12-22-2013, 04:01 AM
This test is stupid, I always get a different result.

Smeagol
12-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Your type is: INTP

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

MINARDOWICZ
12-22-2013, 04:11 AM
ENFP!

MarkyMark
12-22-2013, 04:13 AM
Your type is: INTJ

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

Methmatician
12-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Introverted (I) 68.97% Extroverted (E) 31.03%
Sensing (S) 55.56% Intuitive (N) 44.44%
Thinking (T) 65.63% Feeling (F) 34.38%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

MissProvocateur
12-22-2013, 05:36 AM
I'll take it for a third time and see what happens.. Too many 50%...

MissProvocateur
12-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Introverted (I) 50% Extroverted (E) 50%
Intuitive (N) 73.33% Sensing (S) 26.67%
Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
Perceiving (P) 73.53% Judging (J) 26.47%

Great. This answers nothing.

Han Cholo
12-22-2013, 05:42 AM
INTJ, but I'm bordlerline (balanced) in 60%/40% in most aspects...

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
Intuitive (N) 58.14% Sensing (S) 41.86%
Thinking (T) 70.59% Feeling (F) 29.41%
Judging (J) 58.33% Perceiving (P) 41.67%

...except Thinking vs. Feeling which is 70% to 30%.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Your type is: ESTP

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

Seems about right.

MissProvocateur
12-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Extroverted (E) 51.22% Introverted (I) 48.78%
Intuitive (N) 64.71% Sensing (S) 35.29%
Thinking (T) 51.84% Feeling (F) 49.16%
Perceiving (P) 71.43% Judging (J) 28.57%

Your type is: ENTP

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Seems... fairly accurate. But I'm still skeptical. I'd have to ask my therapist about this.

SardiniaAtlantis
12-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Seems... fairly accurate. But I'm still skeptical. I'd have to ask my therapist about this.

Lol How many times have you taken this test?

MissProvocateur
12-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Lol How many times have you taken this test?

3 times in total. The first two had four 50%.... Not even 50.20 or some number of that sort, nope. Flat out 50. Therefore, the results were relying too much on possibilities, they weren't really assertive...

SardiniaAtlantis
12-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Haha I'm glad you retook it giving more honest answers.. I almost felt inclined to be a bit dishonest on the cleanliness and orderliness of my room in particular, but the end results were not bad lol.

Inventor is quite the cool thing to be!

Aurora
12-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Introverted (I) 70.59% Extroverted (E) 29.41%
Sensing (S) 51.22% Intuitive (N) 48.78%
Feeling (F) 56.1% Thinking (T) 43.9%
Judging (J) 63.16% Perceiving (P) 36.84%

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

Neanderthal
12-22-2013, 06:03 AM
According to this test i'm ISTJ, but I have got INFJ before, although i'm not sure to belong to that type because I joined this INFJ Facebook group and I had to leave. I couldn't stand the quantity of whiney bitches bitching about the most inane crap imaginable (f.e. 'I can't get friends and i'm 30', 'I feel so lonely', etc.) Plus the amount of bullshit they pull off from their asses is unbearable, like, they all are artists, they all know the scret meaning of things when in reality they are a bunch of autistic posers, etc.

Fincher
12-22-2013, 06:04 AM
According to this test i'm ISTJ, but I have got INFJ before, although i'm not sure to belong to that type because I joined this INFJ Facebook group and I had to leave. I couldn't stand the quantity of whiney bitches bitching about the most inane crap imaginable (f.e. 'I can't get friends and i'm 30', 'I feel so lonely', etc.) Plus the amount of bullshit they pull off from their asses is unbearable, like, they all are artist, they all know the scret meaning of things when in reality they are a bunch of autistic posers, etc.

Alot of them are mistypes. It's common for people to not land on their actual types right away.

Equilibrium
12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I think tests relying on the self-evaluation of the subjects are useless.

Herr Abubu
12-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I think tests relying on the self-evaluation of the subjects are useless.

It depends on the test. Many of the questions are loaded with hidden implications or just outright bad. That is generally a problem of MBTI, it's basically just Jung's personality theored watered down into a pop-quiz. Only a Jungian cognitive functions test is reliable. One guy, Dario Nardi, studied how the MBTI and Jung's cognitive functions personality theory (JCFPT) related to the regions of the brain and its functions. Big surprise, the MBTI was useless while JCFPT "fitted in neurologically". (More about Dario Nardi's research (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGfhQTbcqmA), and Dario Nardi's test (http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm).)

The Illyrian Warrior
12-22-2013, 04:31 PM
ESTP

Extroverted (E) 54.55% Introverted (I) 45.45%
Sensing (S) 61.76% Intuitive (N) 38.24%
Thinking (T) 54.29% Feeling (F) 45.71%
Perceiving (P) 51.22% Judging (J) 48.78%

ESTP - "Promotor". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 4.3% of total population.

KrashNick
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
ISTP

Introverted (I) 55.56% Extroverted (E) 44.44%
Sensing (S) 54.55% Intuitive (N) 45.45%
Thinking (T) 52.78% Feeling (F) 47.22%
Perceiving (P) 50% Judging (J) 50%

ISTP - "Engineer". Values freedom of action and following interests and impulses. Independent, concise in speech, master of tools. 5.4% of total population.

The Illyrian Warrior
12-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Introverted (I) 70.59% Extroverted (E) 29.41%
Sensing (S) 51.22% Intuitive (N) 48.78%
Feeling (F) 56.1% Thinking (T) 43.9%
Judging (J) 63.16% Perceiving (P) 36.84%

Your type is: ISFJ

ISFJ - "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 13.8% of total population.

IMO, Most important thing about a women when I plan to marry one. :thumb001: