PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigrants occupied the Athens Law School

Turkophagos
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.grreporter.info/en/sites/default/files/DSC_1190.JPG

About 250 immigrants who had arrived from Crete came into the Law Faculty in Athens and went on hunger strike, requesting documents to be given to all illegal immigrants in the country. "These unfortunate people have not gone there by accident - they have been targeted and taken there. It is disgraceful how political parties use human pain in a challenging manner to serve their partisan goals," said the Minister of Education Anna Diamandopoulou.

Immigrants come mostly from countries in North Africa but they have been working on the island of Crete for years. They had arrived in Athens on Sunday night and then were taken by human rights activists to the Faculty of Law in Athens, reported Kathimerini newspaper. They announced that they go on a hunger strike today and will drink only water and sugar until their requests to obtain documents to stay and work in the country are fulfilled. Supported by leftist parties and anti-racist organizations, the immigrants will jeopardize their lives to compel the government to "provide documents" to all illegal immigrants in the country. 50 more immigrants from Thessaloniki joined them and started a hunger strike on the seventh floor in the headquarters of the Workers Center in the second largest city in Greece.

"Laws must be applied by all government bodies so that to end this unacceptable situation," said the Minister of Education Anna Diamandopoulou. "Turning the Faculty of Law into a migrant camp goes beyond all bounds," added Diamandopoulou. The Dean of the Faculty of Law said for his part that the building has been freshly renovated but has no finished plumbing and electricity installations. He said for Sky radio they were not permitted to enter it but in Greece "all people do what they want to do without asking permission from anyone." The Minister of Citizen Protection said he had no reason to stop immigrants to enter the Faculty of Law because this means that all citizens walking down the streets should not be allowed to enter it. The university in Greece has the status of "asylum" which forbids the police to enter inside.

http://www.grreporter.info/en/illegal_immigrants_occupied_athens_law_school/3976

Magister Eckhart
01-25-2011, 07:09 PM
They're on hunger strike? Good, that's useful. Let them starve.

The Lawspeaker
02-12-2011, 03:24 AM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1209/kleisoura65yearslater.jpg
Send them in.

CelticTemplar
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I vote extreme force. Tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, and good old fashioned wooden batons.

Magister Eckhart
02-17-2011, 04:42 AM
I vote extreme force. Tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, and good old fashioned wooden batons.

Why waste all that time and effort? Ignore them; if they're on hunger strike, let them starve. Then, decide what to do with the bodies: mass grave with lime or quick-and-easy cremation?

Cato
02-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Athena wept.

Vasconcelos
02-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Why waste all that time and effort? Ignore them; if they're on hunger strike, let them starve. Then, decide what to do with the bodies: mass grave with lime or quick-and-easy cremation?

That's not a proper place for them to die, people there want to attend classes and study in healthy conditions.

Kanasyuvigi
02-17-2011, 07:29 PM
The place of their "protest" is not chosen by accident. They know that no one is going to attack them in an Athenian university, because of the recent history.

antonio
02-17-2011, 08:08 PM
That's not a proper place for them to die, people there want to attend classes and study in healthy conditions.

For me it would be just a good excuse for not attending classes.:icon_redface:

Wanderlust
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Nothing from all the above happened.Instead someone was generous enough to rent them an entire building of Neoclassical architecture to temporarily accommodate them.Wait a minute? Did I just say ''rent them''? They are illegal immigrants you fool!They can't afford it.But of course!Greek government paid the owner!And he accepted.Illegal immigrants sleeping in Law School's yard?Unacceptable.
See? This is what ''Greek filoxenia'' aka accomondation is about.
That's the building without the furniture of course
http://www.newsit.gr/files/Image/28-01-11/resized/hypatia_collage_592_355.jpg

Hypatia Building
I have no idea whether they are still there or not,I just don't care.Message taken.Things will never change.

poiuytrewq0987
05-05-2011, 03:47 AM
What a disgrace. :tsk:

Wanderlust
05-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Tell me about.The worst of all is that all these people (and I'm generally referring to illegal immigrants spreading across Europe) are familiar with martial arts and guns since birth,not to mention the innate repulsion they feel towards anything and anyone different.
I mean..Making victory sign,showing provocative and disrespectful behaviour,demanding to get citizenship and then bring in Europe their 8 wives and 20 kids and threats,threats,threats..We won't leave,we'll do this,we'll do that..
Shame on this traitor who granted his house for some pennies.I hope they vandalize it.
http://newsportal.european-left.org/typo3temp/pics/d9b44176d4.jpg