https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMupjnoRbGg

1R0N M4N XL
01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
this is hell.

http://media.giphy.com/media/Ap2YjmhWzEqM8/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/lCSABZRhMw6pW/giphy.gif

Sikeliot
01-23-2018, 11:59 PM
So what happens to all of the people who lived for millions of years before Christianity (or its precursor, Judaism) were even a thought?

HINT: This is a rhetorical question, we already know the answer.

Loki
01-24-2018, 01:08 AM
So what happens to all of the people who lived for millions of years before Christianity (or its precursor, Judaism) were even a thought?

Everyone will be given a reasonable chance. But you... you now know the truth, because I told you about Jesus. You will one day stand before God. What excuse will you be giving him? That no-one told you?

Decius
01-24-2018, 02:35 AM
Hell scares me

https://youtu.be/YFZ1pt0WX5c

KMack
01-24-2018, 02:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT0LbPPOqnE

KMack
01-24-2018, 02:50 AM
do not take anything for granted. good night god bless.

Decius
01-24-2018, 02:50 AM
This serious guys though what if hell is fucking real I don't want to burn I'm really scared of hell its my fear

Loki
01-24-2018, 03:10 AM
This serious guys though what if hell is fucking real I don't want to burn I'm really scared of hell its my fear

My friend, you can be free from fear of hell (as I am, for example) if your life is right with God. I can help you, I would be glad to, if you want pm me.

Sikeliot
01-24-2018, 03:12 AM

Come on now. Humans lived for millions of years before religions with heaven and hell came into existence. Hell is just something devised to scare people into obedience, that's it, no different than when you were a child and your parents said you'd be eaten by a monster under the bed if you didn't go to bed on time.

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-24-2018, 03:13 AM
I was obsessively afraid of hell when I was a kid and then I realized if anyone was going to hell it would be these psycho nuns. After that I didn't think of hell all that much. The hell that exists is the hell we create.

Loki
01-24-2018, 03:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Os663dF0U

greasycaveman
01-24-2018, 03:16 AM

have faith in the lord. you will be okay,, ;)

Loki
01-24-2018, 03:18 AM
Come on now. Humans lived for millions of years before religions with heaven and hell came into existence. Hell is just something devised to scare people into obedience, that's it, no different than when you were a child and your parents said you'd be eaten by a monster under the bed if you didn't go to bed on time.

You are wrong. Remember one thing: God existed long before religions did... and I can testify that he is real. I wouldn't just make things up. I'm an intelligent, rational, honest person.

Jacques de Imbelloni
01-24-2018, 04:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXnF3OvO3qs

Jacques de Imbelloni
01-24-2018, 04:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EuSykAnC0

Sikeliot
01-24-2018, 12:58 PM
You are wrong. Remember one thing: God existed long before religions did... and I can testify that he is real. I wouldn't just make things up. I'm an intelligent, rational, honest person.

Humans are a subspecies of apes. Science proves this.. why would humans be the only ones subject to judgment and whether or not they are going to heaven or hell? And what about all of the people throughout history who practiced tribal or indigenous religions where heaven and hell don't exist?

And if I was going to believe in a religion, Protestant Christianity would be one of the last ones I'd choose.

Loki
01-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Humans are a subspecies of apes. Science proves this.. why would humans be the only ones subject to judgment and whether or not they are going to heaven or hell? And what about all of the people throughout history who practiced tribal or indigenous religions where heaven and hell don't exist?

And if I was going to believe in a religion, Protestant Christianity would be one of the last ones I'd choose.

That's because you -- in your current unsaved state -- unknowingly have an aversion to the truth. And you don't even realise it. I fear for many people, Sikeliot :( Because one day they are going to know all things, when they stand before God... and they will pull their hair out of their heads, and say "why didn't anyone tell me this was real??? WHY did I listen to the devil's lies, why did I mock God???" But it will be too late... :(

Tell me Sikeliot. Do I strike you as someone who would peddle lies? In these years you have known me? I wouldn't be that irresponsible...

wvwvw
01-24-2018, 01:26 PM

The amazing truth is that a future resurrection is coming for this one great purpose—to offer eternal life to those who lived their entire lives without knowing the true God and His Son.

Scripture shows that God will bring the vast majority of humanity back to physical life and give them their opportunity for salvation by allowing them to learn about His plan and purpose and to come to know Him and His Son. Please note this prophecy in Ezekiel 37:1-14 where God gives to Ezekiel an astounding vision of the resurrection to physical life of the nation of Israel:

“The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ So I answered, ‘O Lord God, You know.’

“Again He said to me, ‘Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, “O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: ‘Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.’”’”

Once given the Holy Spirit, these people will live on the earth for a period of time and will be judged for their works. They will not be condemned to eternal hellfire for the sins of their past lives when they did not know God. Rather, they will be judged for their behavior at this future time in man’s history.

This resurrection is also described in Matthew 11:20-24, where Jesus explained that long-dead inhabitants of the sinful cities of Sodom, Tyre and Sidon would have repented at His preaching if they had had the opportunity. At last they will have that opportunity. (See also Matthew 12:41-42.)

The same resurrection is also described in the vision of the Great White Throne in Revelation 20:11-15—the judgment here being a period of evaluation as people learn to live by the Scriptures, not an immediate sentencing.

In the end the evil works of Satan will be defeated by the power and mercy of God. Rather, most of humanity will come to understand and know God and the depth of God’s mercies through Jesus Christ, and they also will come to repentance.

wvwvw
01-24-2018, 01:37 PM
"After his death, Jesus descended into the lower afterlife regions to 'unlock' the gates of hell. But souls still remaining there - for them - the gates are locked from the inside. Nevertheless, NDE evidence reveals Jesus continues to rescue souls from hell during a near-death experience.”

The gates of hell are open. Those in hell will eventually join up, link hands, and walk out of hell together.

We stay in hell for however long best serves our development. We do not leave until we have changed our attitudes and perceptions."

"Souls in the hellish realms do not have the same powers to progress and achieve joy that others with more light in the higher afterlife realms have. Their progress is limited - a result of divine justice. However, these souls can choose to grow if they wish."

because time does not exist in the spirit realms, a person's stay in these realms can seem like an eternity or a second. People in these hellish spirit realms remain in this condition for however long best serves their spiritual development. The way out of these hellish realms is to have a willingness to see the light and seek love. Eventually, like prodigal sons, every suffering soul in these hellish realms will see the light and heaven.

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 06:51 PM
the truth

How can you know, with so much certainty, that it's the truth? Show me any single proof that the Bible is THE TRUTH, that is to say, the uttermost authoritative truth, and I'll go back to Christianity. All I need is a single proof, really only one proof, nothing else.

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 06:53 PM
The amazing truth is that a future resurrection is coming for this one great purpose—to offer eternal life to those who lived their entire lives without knowing the true God and His Son.

A 2000 years old collection of Greek papyri says it's true (because the New Testament was written in Koine Greek, not Hebrew by the way), so I guess Greek mythology is also true because there are also Greek accounts of it.

wvwvw
01-28-2018, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8zhnooySk4&sns=em

wvwvw
01-28-2018, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmsa0sg4Od4&sns=em

Loki
01-28-2018, 08:09 PM
How can you know, with so much certainty, that it's the truth? Show me any single proof that the Bible is THE TRUTH, that is to say, the uttermost authoritative truth, and I'll go back to Christianity. All I need is a single proof, really only one proof, nothing else.

I know it is the truth, because I have researched it. But also, and actually foremost, because of the changes that occurred supernaturally in my life, after I obeyed Jesus. He changed my life and his Spirit came to live within me -- I literally experienced it when it happened.

Okay, so you are now ready to come back? Send me a pm, and I can help :)

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 08:31 PM
I know it is the truth, because I have researched it. But also, and actually foremost, because of the changes that occurred supernaturally in my life, after I obeyed Jesus. He changed my life and his Spirit came to live within me -- I literally experienced it when it happened.

Okay, so you are now ready to come back? Send me a pm, and I can help :)

Thank you for your wish to help me, but I won't send a pm because if you'll show me solid proof for Christianity being the truth, then I want everybody else to read it, not only me. Thank you, though.

Loki
01-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Thank you for your wish to help me, but I won't send a pm because if you'll show me solid proof for Christianity being the truth, then I want everybody else to read it, not only me. Thank you, though.

But I have already shown you my proof in my previous post. And also, I don't mind to discuss it further in public. If you want to give your life to Jesus in public, it will be all the better, actually. :)

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 09:00 PM
But I have already shown you my proof in my previous post.

Sorry but I don't think this is a solid proof:

This might've been done by Shiva, who wished to help you even though you called for Jesus' name. What if Shiva helped you out of his mercy? Who knows? I don't know. All I know is that I know nothing.

Loki
01-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Sorry but I don't think this is a solid proof:

What type of proof do you need?

This might've been done by Shiva, who wished to help you even though you called for Jesus' name. What if Shiva helped you out of his mercy? Who knows? I don't know. All I know is that I know nothing.

No, definitely not. When it happens you "know" who it is. Hard to describe it... but you just know. I'm not 99% certain of it, but 100%.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Everyone will be given a reasonable chance. But you... you now know the truth, because I told you about Jesus. You will one day stand before God. What excuse will you be giving him? That no-one told you?

I believe in Jesus teachings, but i believe his father was human. Am I going to hell?

Loki
01-28-2018, 10:00 PM
I believe in Jesus teachings, but i believe his father was human. Am I going to hell?

More important than dogma... you must be born again to see the kingdom of heaven. Have you been born again yet?

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 10:05 PM

I'ts the advancement of education and knowledge.

Judaic genesis is a straight rip-off from Theogony written some 400 years before the Septuagint.

Old testament like Noah's Ark and others was already written 400 years + earlier under Deucalion's flood as an example. So to say Christianity is Judaic is largely false.

Above all it is faith and spiritualism

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:06 PM
More important than dogma... you must be born again to see the kingdom of heaven. Have you been born again yet?

Im not baptized no. But i live pretty much accordingly to his prescribed ways. All that other jazz was never prescribed by Jesus himself. It was a result of the amalgamation with the greco-roman polytheistic relgions.

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 10:09 PM

Judaic genesis is a straight rip-off from Theogony written some 400 years before the Septuagint.

Old testament like Noah's Ark and others was already written 400 years + earlier under Deucalion's flood as an example. So to say Christianity is Judaic is largely false.

Christianity is based on both the Old and New Testament, the former being still used by Judaism as one of its holy scriptures by the name of Tanakh. Of course Christianity has Jewish roots. It came from Judaism. That's just undeniable.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:11 PM

Lol dude, are you truly prepared to argue this point? Do consider that the only non-jewish prophet of hashem is Mohammed. How can it not be a jewish religion?

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Christianity is based on both the Old and New Testament, the former being still used by Judaism as one of its holy scriptures by the name of Tanakh. Of course Christianity has Jewish roots. It came from Judaism. That's just undeniable.

Incorrect - majority of Old testament literature was already written 400 years earlier by Hesiod and Homer - they will never teach you this in school as Jews hold the power in this Jewish world.

The only difference here is they actually know it is a "story" or "myth" and not real life events. The definition however is "events that never happened but always do" unlike the Old Testament which was sent to the scrap bin by Ptolemy II in 320 BC as plagiarism and nonsense.

Trilecce

I can even go as far as to say that christianity is nothing more than a jewish sect.

Loki
Im not baptized no. But i live pretty much accordingly to his prescribed ways. All that other jazz was never prescribed by Jesus himself. It was a result of the amalgamation with the greco-roman polytheistic relgions.

We are not saved by our works... we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone. And when we come to God in repentance, through Jesus's sacrifice, he washes away all our sins. And then we get born again by the Spirit, and his Holy Spirit fills us and comes and live in us. We have to have the Holy Spirit to be a true child of God, and to go to heaven when he comes. The rest is secondary.

If you believe, you should arrange to be baptised also, because Jesus instructed us to do it.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:15 PM
We are not saved by our works... we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone. And when we come to God in repentance, through Jesus's sacrifice, he washes away all our sins. And then we get born again by the Spirit, and his Holy Spirit fills us and comes and live in us. We have to have the Holy Spirit to be a true child of God, and to go to heaven when he comes. The rest is secondary.

So a guy who has murdered and raped my family will go to heaven because he got baptized in jail, whilst I who turn the other cheek amd keep my peace will go to hell?

Loki
01-28-2018, 10:16 PM
I can go even go as far as to say that christianity is nothing more than a jewish sect.

hmmm... you want to make sure you are not going to hell, then you say things like these?

Loki
01-28-2018, 10:17 PM
So a guy who has murdered and raped my family will go to heaven because he got baptized in jail, whilst I who turn the other cheek amd keep my peace will go to hell?

Depends. Are you born again? Or not? If not, then yes.. he will go to heaven, and you to hell.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:19 PM
hmmm... you want to make sure you are not going to hell, then you say things like these?

Ive been tested in my life dude, trust me you have no idea. At the same time i see your church forgiving serial child rapists disguised as priests. If god is truly a good god, then your belief alone will not be enough to save you.

Even more important than belief is the wish for a just god and a heaven. The snakes that believe and hope to pass dont wish for a just god, they believe that they can be saved. Your wish for goodness is much more important than your belief.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Depends. Are you born again? Or not? If not, then yes.. he will go to heaven, and you to hell.

Whoever tricked you into believing this will go to hell, and you with them for accepting the crimes of such a person.

Loki
01-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Whoever tricked you into believing this will go to hell, and you with them for accepting the crimes of such a person.

Whoever? Jesus. And he didn't trick me. It's clear in his word. Go read it, I challenge you.

Loki
01-28-2018, 10:28 PM
Ive been tested in my life dude, trust me you have no idea. At the same time i see your church forgiving serial child rapists disguised as priests. If god is truly a good god, then your belief alone will not be enough to save you.

Even more important than belief is the wish for a just god and a heaven. The snakes that believe and hope to pass dont wish for a just god, they believe that they can be saved. Your wish for goodness is much more important than your belief.

My friend, it's not a game of win-the-argument for me. No, I am actually concerned about people's souls. And I would love it if you were also saved.

Let me ask you: Have you asked Jesus yet to become your personal Lord and Saviour? Think about it. I can provide you with a simple sinner's prayer to help if you are ready. We are living at the end of days, and we have to make sure we are right with God. Jesus is coming soon.

greasycaveman
01-28-2018, 10:31 PM

Ok, so if you dont believe in a higher power, how do you think the universe was created?

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:32 PM
My friend, it's not a game of win-the-argument for me. No, I am actually concerned about people's souls. And I would love it if you were also saved.

Let me ask you: Have you asked Jesus yet to become your personal Lord and Saviour? Think about it. I can provide you with a simple sinner's prayer to help if you are ready. We are living at the end of days, and we have to make sure we are right with God. Jesus is coming soon.

Ill wait untill my deathbed. Like Constantine and many others. Mother Teresa did this to a lot muslims and hindus, and they are all presumably saved. Why shouldnt all of us do the same thing. Live like crazy wild animals and get baptized on our deathbeds?

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 10:39 PM

This is not true - you only know of these issues because Christianity EXPOSES them as evildoers and sacrifices them on the alter of public ridicule and disgust - this is our strength to expose evil. Unlike Islam which is swept under the carpet. So do not play our integrity and honesty against us. This is not fair.

The issue is not belief but FAITH.

This is a chronicle written by Einstein when he was at university

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Incorrect - majority of Old testament literature was already written 400 years earlier by Hesiod and Homer - they will never teach you this in school as Jews hold the power in this Jewish world.

The only difference here is they actually know it is a "story" or "myth" and not real life events. The definition however is "events that never happened but always do" unlike the Old Testament which was sent to the scrap bin by Ptolemy II in 320 BC as plagiarism and nonsense.

CITATION NEEDED... and your level of antisemitism is heavily irrational.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:52 PM
This is not true - you only know of these issues because Christianity EXPOSES them as evildoers and sacrifices them on the alter of public ridicule and disgust - this is our strength to expose evil. Unlike Islam which is swept under the carpet. So do not play our integrity and honesty against us. This is not fair.

The issue is not belief but FAITH.

This is a chronicle written by Einstein when he was at university

Thats the most ignorant quote i have ever read. Prove to me that its Einstein or do you want me to simply have faith in that it is?

What is more powerfull than the crying of your soul for a good and just god? THIS ALONE will keep you on a straight path.

People who sin and wish to be saved despite of their sickness in their soul cant be allowed into a place like heaven, simply because their wicked behaviour will disturb the peace in heaven and turn it into a hell. Thats why hellfire is prescribed, to burn out your wickedness and adapt you for a eternal life in heaven.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 10:53 PM

CITATION NEEDED INDEED.

Sasuke
01-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Ok, so if you dont believe in a higher power, how do you think the universe was created?

I believe in a higher power, but even if I didn't, the answer would be: "I don't know, but someday Science might have an answer, in the future..."

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 10:56 PM

Citation for which part?

I will be happy to assist the ignorant any way I can.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 11:00 PM
Citation for which part?

The whole thing greko...

Smeagol
01-28-2018, 11:07 PM
There's no god and no hell unless I see proof of it. And if there is and that god sends decent human beings to hell for not worshipping it, then it isn't worth worshipping.

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 11:12 PM
Thats the most ignorant quote i have ever read. Prove to me that its Einstein or do you want me to simply have faith in that it is?

What is more powerfull than the crying of your soul for a good and just god? THIS ALONE will keep you on a straight path.

People who sin and wish to be saved despite of their sickness in their soul cant be allowed into a place like heaven, simply because their wicked behaviour will disturb the peace in heaven and turn it into a hell. Thats why hellfire is prescribed, to burn out your wickedness and adapt you for a eternal life in heaven.

It's just a factor of you struggling to define what faith is. I am not here to change your mind - but your argumentature is ridiculous. You are running around in circles my man. Just take a deep breath and think it through

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 11:13 PM
The whole thing greko...

Hesiod Theogony 800 BC

https://msu.edu/~tyrrell/theogon.pdf

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:14 PM
Ill wait untill my deathbed. Like Constantine and many others. Mother Teresa did this to a lot muslims and hindus, and they are all presumably saved. Why shouldnt all of us do the same thing. Live like crazy wild animals and get baptized on our deathbeds?

If you feel this is what you want to do, then I am not going to change your mind. You know, when you stand before God one day, it wil be just you and him. Same for everyone of us. We have to find our own salvation with God. But he has given us a guide in the Bible, to show what to do to be saved.

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:16 PM
There's no god and no hell unless I see proof of it. And if there is and that god sends decent human beings to hell for not worshipping it, then it isn't worth worshipping.

You mean you'd rather go to hell then? Good luck to you...

Smeagol
01-28-2018, 11:17 PM
You mean you'd rather go to hell then? Good luck to you...

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. :)

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:20 PM

It is simply not enough to be on a "straight path". You can be the best person in the world, and you will stil fall short of God's standards. There is only ONE WAY to overcome this dilemma -- and that is to accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for you, and be washed clean by the blood of Jesus. Then, and only then, will God consider you to be righteous... because then you will have the righteousness of Christ in you. And God willed this to be so, so that no man would glory in his presence. All the glory belongs to God.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 11:21 PM
It's just a factor of you struggling to define what faith is. I am not here to change your mind - but your argumentature is ridiculous. You are running around in circles my man. Just take a deep breath and think it through

It seems more like your running on blind-faith-mode. The problem with this is that instead of running through the pearly gates, you will meet a brick wall.

You have been given certain faculties to help you to make choices in your life. Those choices will be weighed by god, and simple faith in gods existence can not make you fit in a place of eternal peace and harmony. Your souls wickedness will disturb this place. A rapist will rape angels in heaven, a murderer will try to murder people in heaven, a wife beater will beat his women in heaven. That place would not be heaven just because these people have faith. You need more than faith.

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:25 PM

.. but the fact is that the sinners will not be laughing at all.. they will be writhing in agony! You should really listen to the YouTube videos about the experiences of hell in this thread.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 11:26 PM
It is simply not enough to be on a "straight path". You can be the best person in the world, and you will stil fall short of God's standards. There is only ONE WAY to overcome this dilemma -- and that is to accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for you, and be washed clean by the blood of Jesus. Then, and only then, will God consider you to be righteous... because then you will have the righteousness of Christ in you. And God willed this to be so, so that no man would glory in his presence. All the glory belongs to God.

Heaven is NOT heaven when it is full of people who enjoy murdering and raping me. Those are demons in hell. Faith or no faith, it doesnt matter.

Trilecce
01-28-2018, 11:29 PM
.. but the fact is that the sinners will not be laughing at all.. they will be writhing in agony! You should really listen to the YouTube videos about the experiences of hell in this thread.

Sinners need only faith and all will be well...

catgeorge
01-28-2018, 11:31 PM
It seems more like your running on blind-faith-mode. The problem with this is that instead of running through the pearly gates, you will meet a brick wall.

You have been given certain faculties to help you to make choices in your life. Those choices will be weighed by god, and simple faith in gods existence can not make you fit in a place of eternal peace and harmony. Your souls wickedness will disturb this place.

Well differences between me and you is many issues.

I can go forever from abortion to sanctification to discipline to creation - but let's look at heaven and hell only.

Heaven
HEAVEN is the place of God's throne beyond time and space. It is the abode of God's angels, as well as of the saints who have passed from this life. We pray, "Our Father, who art in heaven . . ." Though Christians live in this world, they belong to the Kingdom of heaven, and that Kingdom is their true home. But heaven is not only for the future. Neither is it some distant place billions of light years away in a nebulous "great beyond." For Christians, heaven is part of Christian life and faith. The very architecture of a Christian church building is designed so that the building itself participates in the reality of heaven. The Eucharist is heavenly worship, heaven on earth. Saint Paul teaches we are raised up with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6), "fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (Ephesians 2:19). At the end of the age, a new heaven and a new earth will be revealed (Revelation 21:1).

Hell
Unpopular as it is among modern people, is real. The mother Church understands hell as a place of eternal torment for those who willfully reject the grace of God. Our Lord once said, "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched where `Their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched' " (Mark 9:43, 44). He challenged the religious hypocrites with the question: "How can you escape the condemnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:33). His answer is, "God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:17). There is a Day of Judgment coming, and there is a place of punishment for those who have hardened their hearts against God. It does make a difference how we live this life. Those who of their own free will reject the grace and mercy of God must forever bear the consequences of that choice.

.. this is faith and everyone is free to make their choice - including myself.

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:43 PM
Heaven is NOT heaven when it is full of people who enjoy murdering and raping me. Those are demons in hell. Faith or no faith, it doesnt matter.

Please do yourself a huge favour, and watch the video at the start of this thread.

Loki
01-28-2018, 11:45 PM
Sinners need only faith and all will be well...

No, you didn't get what I was saying. They need to have faith, and ask God to forgive their sins, through faith in what Jesus Christ has done for them. Hence, through this true repentance, the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all iniquity and you are saved.

Trilecce
01-29-2018, 12:14 AM
If you feel this is what you want to do, then I am not going to change your mind. You know, when you stand before God one day, it wil be just you and him. Same for everyone of us. We have to find our own salvation with God. But he has given us a guide in the Bible, to show what to do to be saved.

No no... The bible is written by men. God speaks to your heart.

Decius
01-29-2018, 01:29 AM
Just found a new video debunking this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWWyJvC6pA

Loki
01-29-2018, 07:15 AM
No no... The bible is written by men. God speaks to your heart.

Yes, true, and what is God saying to your heart? I know what he told my heart... and I followed that voice, and gave my life to Jesus... and he cleansed me with his blood, and filled me with his Spirit! :)

Loki
01-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Just found a new video debunking this

You can find all sorts of videos. Satan is alive and well. Do not follow every spirit, but judge what is of God, by looking at the fruits..

You should look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8

Bobby Martnen
01-29-2018, 07:24 AM
Yes, true, and what is God saying to your heart? I know what he told my heart... and I followed that voice, and gave my life to Jesus... and he cleansed me with his blood, and filled me with his Spirit! :)

When did you convert to Christianity Loki?

I became vaguely Christian in August 2014, but became a real Christian this month

Loki
01-29-2018, 07:34 AM

I became vaguely Christian in August 2014, but became a real Christian this month

That's great, Bobby! :)

I actually became a Christian long ago, when I was 13 years old.. but I have with the years allowed my faith to grow cold, especially in the last 10 years or so. I have rededicated my life to God about 2 months ago, and I am really thankful that God gave me a second chance! :)

Thordis
01-29-2018, 08:11 AM
There are several reasons that wouldn't be the wisest plan. For one, not everyone dies comfortably on their deathbed, with adequate warning and the chance to get baptized at the last moment before passing away. We simply do not know the moment of our death in advance. Even if we suffered from a terminal illness and doctors gave us a rough estimate of let's say, six months to live, we would still start making plans almost immediately for the event that the estimation was too generous. Complications or an accident could still occur and we could even die the very next day. There is no reason that we shouldn't treat our lives the same way. For if there's one certainty we do have in life, it's that we are all dying. The average human life span is also a mere estimate.

Second, while someone can live with sin and get saved nearing the moment of their death (the dying thief on the cross asked Jesus to remember him when he came into his kingdom, and Jesus assured him that he would be with him that very day in heaven), there's still a difference between those who didn't know better or never heard the gospel before but who genuinely repent and accept Jesus as their savior upon dying and those who purposely puts their salvation off for the last possible moment because they want to embrace a life of hedonism. If you hear the gospel but reject it, your heart can grow callous toward godly things. Repentance involves admitting one's own guilt and turning from a life of sin, not consciously embracing it... One comes to the same place that the thief was, admitting that they justly deserve God's judgment for their sins. The thief grabbed the first opportunity he had for his encounter with Jesus. It also happened to be his last. Your first opportunity may also be your last, and if you think that you are sly, remember who you are dealing with. The smartest person alive could still not "trick" God. Also, true repentance is always bound up with faith. Making a conversion out of fear or "just in case there is a hell" does not cut it, that fear should give pause and cause us to think seriously about our future state. One simply does't reject what is readily available to them and what in reality costs so little. It was Jesus who fulfilled the hardest part and he already paid the ultimate price on the cross.

Finally, salvation is nothing to be trivialized, it's a gift from God and changes a person almost immediately. 1 Peter says, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the work of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." So when we are saved, we are newborn babies in Christ, we are, as the Bible says, children of God by faith in Christ (Galatians 3:26). The "joys" of living in hedonism and sin do not compare to the freeom, joy, not to mention peace of mind a person who has experienced this feels. In fact, people who lead shallow and plastic lives often surrender themselved to cheap trills because they feel empty and bored. And those only serve as momentary satisfactions; in the grand scheme of things, our time on earth is limited. God's love, on the other hand is eternal. Philippians 4:4 states: "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Compare the before and after:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvxTP6ipjr0

Why would someone purposely put something like that off until their deathbed?

wvwvw
01-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Don’t go to hell, go to Hellas!

wvwvw
01-29-2018, 08:43 AM
When I die, I hope to go to Heaven, whatever the Hell that is.

Bosniensis
01-29-2018, 08:46 AM
Hades is Real

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1408244383ra/10828846.gif

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disneyvillains/images/6/65/Download.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160617000311

Sasuke
01-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Citation for which part?

The bogus claim that the Old Testament was originally Greek. All scholars agree that it was originally Hebrew (written in Paleo-Hebrew, a.k.a Phoenician script, NOT modern Hebrew script) and only later the Septuagint was made.

I follow scholars, but you seem to follow anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on the internet.

Decius
01-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Hell is not really true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTMhpzKcBNk

Decius
01-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Hades is Real

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1408244383ra/10828846.gif

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disneyvillains/images/6/65/Download.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160617000311

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thuFj74xJeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5pUnnFs5_c

Jacques de Imbelloni
01-29-2018, 06:51 PM

pentecostal?

Loki
01-29-2018, 06:58 PM
pentecostal?

Are you asking me or Bobby?

Jacques de Imbelloni
01-29-2018, 07:16 PM
Are you asking me or Bobby?

Bobby, but how about you?

Loki
01-29-2018, 07:26 PM

Yes :) I don't like to label myself with this or that group, but my beliefs are definitely Pentecostal, as I believe in the work and guidance of the Holy Spirit in Christians' lives.

Decius
01-29-2018, 09:05 PM
You can find all sorts of videos. Satan is alive and well. Do not follow every spirit, but judge what is of God, by looking at the fruits..

You should look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8

Please debunk the video, modern hell as we know it has a completely different meaning from the original word hell which came from paganism

Loki
01-29-2018, 09:14 PM
Please debunk the video, modern hell as we know it has a completely different meaning from the original word hell which came from paganism

Why should I debunk the video? I agree with it.

Decius
01-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Why should I debunk the video? I agree with it.

Not your video the videos I just posted

Loki
01-29-2018, 09:41 PM
Not your video the videos I just posted

Oh lol, I see what you mean. :)

Well... of course this cartoon is completely wrong as far as reality is concerned. And I'm not really sure who these characters are supposed to represent.

Is there anything in particular you'd like clarity about?

We can have an idea, when the Bible tells us about the lake of fire that is prepared for the devil and his angels, and in Revelation we read about the beast, dragon (Satan) and the false prophet (Pope) that is thrown into the lake of fire, and that the smoke of their torment would rise up forever.

Some of these near death experiences of hell are quite graphic, and could possibly give us a glimpse of what it would be like. Most importantly, an absence of the love and presence of God, makes it a very horrible place, with no goodness and mercy.

Decius
01-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Oh lol, I see what you mean. :)

Well... of course this cartoon is completely wrong as far as reality is concerned. And I'm not really sure who these characters are supposed to represent.

Is there anything in particular you'd like clarity about?

We can have an idea, when the Bible tells us about the lake of fire that is prepared for the devil and his angels, and in Revelation we read about the beast, dragon (Satan) and the false prophet (Pope) that is thrown into the lake of fire, and that the smoke of their torment would rise up forever.

Some of these near death experiences of hell are quite graphic, and could possibly give us a glimpse of what it would be like. Most importantly, an absence of the love and presence of God, makes it a very horrible place, with no goodness and mercy.

No not the cartoon I'm talking about the videos I posted about the linguistics of the word hell

Loki
01-29-2018, 09:50 PM
No not the cartoon I'm talking about the videos I posted about the linguistics of the word hell

Oh.. I don't see it? Link please?

Decius
01-29-2018, 09:51 PM
Oh.. I don't see it? Link please?

https://youtu.be/WTMhpzKcBNk

Loki
01-29-2018, 09:55 PM

This guy is completely warped, and tells lies. He appears to be a Satanist, too. I wouldn't take anything serious coming from him. Also, his teaching is demonic, so I would not want to spend a lot of time watching his stuff, it's not very good for the spirit.

Decius
01-29-2018, 10:01 PM
This guy is completely warped, and tells lies. He appears to be a Satanist, too. I wouldn't take anything serious coming from him. Also, his teaching is demonic, so I would not want to spend a lot of time watching his stuff, it's not very good for the spirit.

He's an Athiestic Satanist he does not believe in satan or hell or in god, The video explains the linguistic roots of hell what the word originally meant was far different and had almost no relation to what the modern word means

Loki
01-29-2018, 11:10 PM
He's an Athiestic Satanist he does not believe in satan or hell or in god, The video explains the linguistic roots of hell what the word originally meant was far different and had almost no relation to what the modern word means

Yes, well I don't care what he believes in. I believe what the Bible tells us. That guy is obsessed with the Christian faith and Jesus especially, by the way. I get the impression he really knows what is the truth about Jesus, but doesn't want to accept it. He is blinded by Satan. I feel sorry for him actually.

Decius
01-29-2018, 11:23 PM
Yes, well I don't care what he believes in. I believe what the Bible tells us. That guy is obsessed with the Christian faith and Jesus especially, by the way. I get the impression he really knows what is the truth about Jesus, but doesn't want to accept it. He is blinded by Satan. I feel sorry for him actually.

And what does the bible tell us? There are so many translations and interpretations of it. the same romans you don't like compiled the bible you are reading right now

Loki
01-30-2018, 12:22 AM
And what does the bible tell us? There are so many translations and interpretations of it. the same romans you don't like compiled the bible you are reading right now

No, this is not true. Don't believe this guy. The Bible is really very clear on most things -- God has willed it so, so that even a child can understand it. There are many translations but they mostly don't change the message. You can check it out yourself if you don't believe me. Go to biblegateway.com. You can there read the Bible online, and you can select the Bible translation you want to read. It mostly comes down to the same message... with only minor differences.

You know where the difference comes in? In the level of obedience. You can decide whether you want to believe 30% of the Bible... or 85% of it... or 100% of it. I choose the latter option. :)

Decius
01-30-2018, 12:33 AM
No, this is not true. Don't believe this guy. The Bible is really very clear on most things -- God has willed it so, so that even a child can understand it. There are many translations but they mostly don't change the message. You can check it out yourself if you don't believe me. Go to biblegateway.com. You can there read the Bible online, and you can select the Bible translation you want to read. It mostly comes down to the same message... with only minor differences.

You know where the difference comes in? In the level of obedience. You can decide whether you want to believe 30% of the Bible... or 85% of it... or 100% of it. I choose the latter option. :)

You still haven't told me why do you dislike the roman Christians ? They have compiled the bible you are reading right now they chose the books that are in the bible

Loki
01-30-2018, 04:16 AM
You still haven't told me why do you dislike the roman Christians ?

I don't dislike them. I dislike their religion, which is not according to the teachings of Jesus and the apostles, early Christians. They have deviated quite a bit, and have mixed in many pagan things. For example, Mary worship, and praying to Mary and dead saints. But the most important thing is that they distort and pervert the message of the gospel, and adding to it. They add a "mediatrix", Mary, into the salvation plan... which is completely unChristian. They also believe we are saved through our good works, which is wrong. We are saved by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ. These are the main issues, there are many other.

They have compiled the bible you are reading right now they chose the books that are in the bible

No, they have not. It was many hundreds of years ago, and the church was very different back then. A lot of changes came with the ages. Also, it doesn't matter if they actually compiled the Bible or not, but whether they actually use it is a better question! :)

Bobby Martnen
01-30-2018, 04:17 AM

I'm non-denominational, but I agree with Anabaptists about a lot of things. I have Mennonite heritage, as well. (Mennonites are an Anabaptist group)

Aldaris
05-30-2018, 05:34 PM

I don't think that hell or (most) religions themselves have been devised as tools to manipulate the masses, although certain religious concepts were later exploited for such purposes. Since always, the priests and their cults sincerely believed their teachings, they always were the ones who were just as deceived by obscure myths of their religions as the people they've preached to, they're not the deceivers or liars themselves. The idea that religions were made up by some elite, who knew it was all bullshit, but decided to impose it on their population in the order to maintain control more easily is simply wrong.

Aldaris
05-30-2018, 05:40 PM
A 2000 years old collection of Greek papyri says it's true (because the New Testament was written in Koine Greek, not Hebrew by the way), so I guess Greek mythology is also true because there are also Greek accounts of it.

That's an invalid conclusion. Obviously, one can be right about one thing and incorrect about another.

Larali
05-30-2018, 05:55 PM
My experience of Hell was different.

When I was a teenager I suffered from severe depression. It was so bad. I had to drop out of my classes and my family didn't know what to do with me. I felt like the entire world was evil, and I wanted out.

So, one night, I was sitting in the car while my mom went to run an errand. I was sitting there in the seat, looking out over a dark retaining pond and a little forest. All of a sudden, I was NOT in my body. I was in a void. It was the most terrifying experience you can imagine. My soul was separated from God and everything and it was for eternity.

Then I was back in my body..... screaming and losing my shit, as you could imagine.

I took it as a warning. Hell is something you choose.

Aldaris
05-31-2018, 11:29 AM
My experience of Hell was different.

When I was a teenager I suffered from severe depression. It was so bad. I had to drop out of my classes and my family didn't know what to do with me. I felt like the entire world was evil, and I wanted out.

So, one night, I was sitting in the car while my mom went to run an errand. I was sitting there in the seat, looking out over a dark retaining pond and a little forest. All of a sudden, I was NOT in my body. I was in a void. It was the most terrifying experience you can imagine. My soul was separated from God and everything and it was for eternity.

Then I was back in my body..... screaming and losing my shit, as you could imagine.

I took it as a warning. Hell is something you choose.

And you've interpreted this interesting experience in a certain, very specific way, my question is why?

Loki
05-31-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't think that hell or (most) religions themselves have been devised as tools to manipulate the masses, although certain religious concepts were later exploited for such purposes. Since always, the priests and their cults sincerely believed their teachings, they always were the ones who were just as deceived by obscure myths of their religions as the people they've preached to, they're not the deceivers or liars themselves. The idea that religions were made up by some elite, who knew it was all bullshit, but decided to impose it on their population in the order to maintain control more easily is simply wrong.

Correct. People who espouse these ridiculous theories will eventually find out how wrong they are. But it's sad...

Loki
05-31-2018, 12:46 PM

Sikeliot... are you comfortable enough in your belief, to take that chance? I can tell you that I am certain hell is real. There are countless testimonies of people who were on the verge of death, who have seen hell... and have been allowed to see it by God, so that they could warn others. Life is very serious, and will have very real consequences. What would it help you if you live a good and comfortable life, only to be thrown into hell torment after death? It's the really scary reality for those who choose to ignore and deny God and his son Jesus Christ, who died for our sins. There will be no excuse on judgement day for those who have heard about Jesus, yet rejected him.

Larali
05-31-2018, 02:30 PM
And you've interpreted this interesting experience in a certain, very specific way, my question is why?

Hmm, I don't know... Just throwing it out there for a different perspective.

Different perspectives are good. The more perspectives you have, the better, because then you start to see the whole :)

Aldaris
05-31-2018, 04:34 PM
Sikeliot... are you comfortable enough in your belief, to take that chance? I can tell you that I am certain hell is real. There are countless testimonies of people who were on the verge of death, who have seen hell... and have been allowed to see it by God, so that they could warn others. Life is very serious, and will have very real consequences. What would it help you if you live a good and comfortable life, only to be thrown into hell torment after death? It's the really scary reality for those who choose to ignore and deny God and his son Jesus Christ, who died for our sins. There will be no excuse on judgement day for those who have heard about Jesus, yet rejected him.

Pascal's wager. Sounds quite sensible, but since we lack any evidence favoring any single religion, how do we determine which one should be picked? As there are thousands of them and you can reasonably practice only one at the time and we don't have any rational justification to pick one over other, it is not much "safer" to practice any particular one. Just noting, absence of evidence is not an evidence of absence, so a particular religion can easily be the one true faith, but unfortunately, at the moment we lack any way of determining which one (if any of the existing ones) is it.

Loki
06-01-2018, 09:46 AM
Pascal's wager. Sounds quite sensible, but since we lack any evidence favoring any single religion, how do we determine which one should be picked? As there are thousands of them and you can reasonably practice only one at the time and we don't have any rational justification to pick one over other, it is not much "safer" to practice any particular one. Just noting, absence of evidence is not an evidence of absence, so a particular religion can easily be the one true faith, but unfortunately, at the moment we lack any way of determining which one (if any of the existing ones) is it.

Actually, there is overwhelming evidence that Christianity is the correct path. And that is probably why it's the world's largest religion, and also why it rapidly spreads even under harsh persecution.. actually especially under persecution. It's also worldwide now, and rapidly growing in areas that were not traditionally Christian. Jesus said the end will come when the Gospel has been heard in the whole world. That day is very near now.

Mr_anadolu
06-01-2018, 10:11 AM
All religions have flaws and contradictions mixed with culture and traditions and every religion boast about their own prophets and competing with one another in who's religion is the correct path.

Loki
06-01-2018, 10:52 AM
All religions have flaws and contradictions mixed with culture and traditions and every religion boast about their own prophets and competing with one another in who's religion is the correct path.

All religions are from Satan. But Jesus Christ is God revealed in the flesh, to save humanity from destruction. True Christian faith is not a religion, it is a reality. Jesus is not competing with anyone else...

Aldaris
06-07-2018, 01:25 PM
All religions are from Satan.

Yeah, assuming you're correct about your faith, this conclusion is necessary, as the similarities between christian concepts and concepts of other, older religions, are overwhelming and can't be effectively explained by a pure coincidence. I don't think it is that ridiculous to assume that demons would make their own twisted mockeries of the true faith, while, as a bonus, undermine it's authority and credibility by doing so.

Loki
06-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Yeah, assuming you're correct about your faith, this conclusion is necessary, as the similarities between christian concepts and concepts of other, older religions, are overwhelming and can't be effectively explained by a pure coincidence. I don't think it is that ridiculous to assume that demons would make their own twisted mockeries of the true faith, while, as a bonus, undermine its authority and credibility by doing so.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

It is also interesting to note that since early history, humans from all continents have been involved in occultism and had to do with evil spirits, through shamanism, etc. And it comes as no surprise, as the Bible tells us that Satan's fallen angels taught all sorts of magic and other skills to humans... it's all spiritually connected. They want to spoil God's creation and have really made a big mess already... that's why God is going to make everything new, but only those who follow Jesus will be allowed into the new world that God will create. There will be no more evil and rebellion against God among the righteous.