01-24-2018, 03:26 PM
What is gorani?

Token
01-24-2018, 03:37 PM
Tungid.

Mingle
01-24-2018, 04:02 PM
What is gorani?

They are Slavic Muslims that live in Southern Kosovo. They speak Torlak which is a dialect that is transitional between Bulgaro-Macedonian and Serbo-Croatian.

Their name means "highlander" (gora is the Slavic word for "mountain").

Vlatko Vukovic
01-24-2018, 04:29 PM
They are Slavic Muslims that live in Southern Kosovo. They speak Torlak which is a dialect that is transitional between Bulgaro-Macedonian and Serbo-Croatian.

Their name means "highlander" (gora is the Slavic word for "mountain").

It is not sure, are they Slavic by origin. Albanians claim thata they are Albanians by origin, which is very possible!

Vlatko Vukovic
01-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Tungid.

??

Mingle
01-24-2018, 04:37 PM
It is not sure, are they Slavic by origin. Albanians claim thata they are Albanians by origin, which is very possible!They say the same thing about Mijaks, Montenegrins, and Sandžak Bosniaks. Regardless of their origins, they're still Slavic since Slavic is just an ethnolinguistic term.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Vlatko Vukovic
01-24-2018, 05:12 PM
They say the same thing about Mijaks, Montenegrins, and Sandžak Bosniaks.

But it's true! Specially about Sandžak Bosniaks!

Ofcourse that they're Slavic in the ethno-linguistical sense.

Kelmendasi
01-24-2018, 05:31 PM
They say the same thing about Mijaks, Montenegrins, and Sandžak Bosniaks. Regardless of their origins, they're still Slavic since Slavic is just an ethnolinguistic term.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Its true in the case of Sandzak Bosniaks though and is also partly true for Mijaks/Torbeši. As for Montenegrins the vast majority are Slavs but a lot of the ones who live near the Albanian border have Albanian origin or roots. The Gorani are a mystery, genetic studies will actually confirm what they are in origin although today they are Slavs

The Illyrian Warrior
01-24-2018, 07:29 PM
Its true in the case of Sandzak Bosniaks though and is also partly true for Mijaks/Torbeši. As for Montenegrins the vast majority are Slavs but a lot of the ones who live near the Albanian border have Albanian origin or roots. The Gorani are a mystery, genetic studies will actually confirm what they are in origin although today they are Slavs

If you can recall my posts in another forum I was the one who actually wanted to gain interest of admins of project to contact and consequently test Gorani people also the self declared Turkish people in Kosovo, just to see what hides behind them.

Kelmendasi
01-24-2018, 10:39 PM
If you can recall my posts in another forum I was the one who actually wanted to gain interest of admins of project to contact and consequently test Gorani people also the self declared Turkish people in Kosovo, just to see what hides behind them.
The Serbian DNA project is going to test around 30 Gorani iirc. I believe they will turn out to be a mix of J2b2, I2a, R1a and E-V13

Gangrel
01-24-2018, 10:43 PM
The Serbian DNA project is going to test around 30 Gorani iirc. I believe they will turn out to be a mix of J2b2, I2a, R1a and E-V13

all will be C2

Odin
01-25-2018, 05:06 AM
Alpine.

The Illyrian Warrior
01-25-2018, 02:07 PM

Fucking disgrace, why should we let them first test them in their own laboratory, this will leave huge room for manipulating the data, mark my words.

Prepare for hugely disproportional numbers of R1a and I2a with native markers.