PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick

Slavic Italian
01-24-2018, 11:32 PM
I have a very bad sinus infection. When I went to the doctor he even made a comment about how bad I look. He gave me steroids, antibiotics, and cough syrup. Do any of you have any family "potions" that might help? Any advice appreciated.

Svipdag
01-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Be very glad that the antibiotics are available. Back in the 1930's people DIED from sinus infections. Lots of vitamin C will probably help, but the antibiotics should do the job.

Sebastianus Rex
01-25-2018, 12:10 AM
Saline solutions (containing sea water) usually help to prevent sinus.

Armenian Bishop
01-25-2018, 12:29 AM
About a year ago, in February, 2017, I was suffering from a prolonged nasal blockage condition, in my sinus area. It was horrible. The doctor found polyps in my nasal passages, and prescribed "Fluticasone Proprionate" nasal spray. The polyps dissolved in a few weeks, since then, there hasn't been any problems with it. The condition was problem related to construction work debris, and other airborne toxins, because my house was undergoing months of remodeling work. Funny things, is that the remodeling is still in progress now, but going very well.

Acquisit0r
01-25-2018, 12:37 AM
preventing sinus infections is considerably easier than suffering from them while taking ugly drugs like amoxicillin (which you prolly are taking). It will clear up eventually.

As someone mentioned in this thread: antibiotics is a nasty piece of shit but please consider being thankful that it was invented. In the medieval times such things would usually lead to ludwig's angina which would in turn almost certainly lead to a painful death by infecting the rest of the body, turning certain parts into gangrene (decaying flesh while the person is still alive)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1Lop27hwrfE/T23ex_0d1xI/AAAAAAAAC-0/YarmSR5FPjc/s1600/Ludwigs-angina.jpg

The reason why I'm telling you this nasty shit is to make sure that you reconsider your oral hygiene routine and visit a dentist on time to prevent this shit.

Dick
01-25-2018, 12:58 AM
Be very glad that the antibiotics are available. Back in the 1930's people DIED from sinus infections. Lots of vitamin C will probably help, but the antibiotics should do the job.

I'm allergic to penicillin and so is my kid. I assume this may be hereditary.

Slavic Italian
01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
preventing sinus infections is considerably easier than suffering from them while taking ugly drugs like amoxicillin (which you prolly are taking). It will clear up eventually.

As someone mentioned in this thread: antibiotics is a nasty piece of shit but please consider being thankful that it was invented. In the medieval times such things would usually lead to ludwig's angina which would in turn almost certainly lead to a painful death by infecting the rest of the body, turning certain parts into gangrene (decaying flesh while the person is still alive)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1Lop27hwrfE/T23ex_0d1xI/AAAAAAAAC-0/YarmSR5FPjc/s1600/Ludwigs-angina.jpg

The reason why I'm telling you this nasty shit is to make sure that you reconsider your oral hygiene routine and visit a dentist on time to prevent this shit.

They gave me something stronger. I visit the dentist twice a year.

Kriptc06
01-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Get well Slav Italian!

Bosniensis
01-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Wish you well there :)

C Vitamin!

Olive Oil!

Ülev
01-28-2018, 01:13 PM
the mixture of apple vinegar, garlic, horseradish helped me personally

I do not remember proportion, but you have to mix it, leave for 10 days then add honey and drink with water

Hithaeglir
01-28-2018, 01:24 PM
I have had sinus issues in the past, the secret is to wash your nose with saline water 5-6 times per day,of course while followin the antibiotic therapy your doctor suggested.Nasal sprays can alleviate some symptoms too,especially when you fall asleep.