PDA

View Full Version : Burzum to Release New Album: "Fallen"

Sword of the Morning
01-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Link (http://www.burzum.org/eng/discography/official/2011_fallen.shtml)

Baron Samedi
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
TOTALLY can't wait for this. "Belus" was awesome.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
TOTALLY can't wait for this. "Belus" was awesome.

Belus was (and still is) a piece of shit (IMO). No atmosphere, just some generic, shitty black metal. I hope Fallen will be better.

Baron Samedi
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Belus was (and still is) a piece of shit (IMO). No atmosphere, just some generic, shitty black metal. I hope Fallen will be better.

THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!

*Epic Burzum argument.... Initiated*

Belus was fucking STELLAR! His most organic-sounding album EVER! The sound went well with the concept of the "White God".

You should listen to it on a really sunny, perfect day in the woods.... Then you will understand!

Heretik
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
It's not even comparable to older albums but maybe on a really sunny, perfect day in the woods it might get more meaning. :)

Sword of the Morning
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Mark me down as a Belus fan for sure.

It never quite reached the heights of Filosofem or Det Som Engang Var for me, but neither was it too far off, as least in my estimation. I pronounce it a worthy return for the Count, and hope for an excellent follow-up with Fallen.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
n00bs... :tsk: :tsk: :D

Psychonaut
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Belus was good, but Varg has long since been usurped (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_in_the_throne_room) as the master of atmospheric black metal.

Grumpy Cat
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
For the most part, I would rather get a root canal without anesthetic than listen to a lot of black metal, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Radola
01-27-2011, 06:01 PM
I´m really looking forward to hearing it...can´t wait. Though I agree with the fact his older albums are much better, my absolute favourite is Aske (I´m only one who likes this first album:D)

Grumpy Cat
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
I´m only one who likes this first album:D

I like his first album. :thumb001:

Det Som Engang Var is my favorite though.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Even Dauði Baldrs and Hliðskjálf work for me on occasion. In fact, everything but the Belus. :D

Belus was good, but Varg has long since been usurped (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_in_the_throne_room) as the master of atmospheric black metal.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ajte5sqVw3w/TNJjiw8Q_iI/AAAAAAAAABw/ekFIq3JIf8M/s1600/son-i-am-disappoint.gif

Sword of the Morning
01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Even Dauði Baldrs and Hliðskjálf work for me on occasion. In fact, everything but the Belus. :D

I like the Nintendo soundtracks as well. :thumb001:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ajte5sqVw3w/TNJjiw8Q_iI/AAAAAAAAABw/ekFIq3JIf8M/s1600/son-i-am-disappoint.gif

:icon_eek:

Heretik
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Why do everybody love those tree hugging, leftie hipsters? :confused:

Radola
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Why do everybody love those tree hugging, leftie hipsters? :confused:

What hipsters are you speaking about?:confused:

Heretik
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Wolves in the throne room. :tsk:

Radola
01-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Wolves in the throne room. :tsk:

oh, those...well, I don´t prefer them:....

Heretik
01-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Good! :joy :joy

Radola
01-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Good! :joy :joy

Don´t worry, I surely prefer other faggots:D

Baron Samedi
01-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Hipster garbage. :D

Heretik
01-27-2011, 08:05 PM
:joy :joy :joy :joy :joy

Magister Eckhart
01-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I think Belus was a nice departure; it's not Filosofem by any regard, and I think that it draws a lot of fire for that, but objectively I think it was a good work. I'm really excited about the new album.

As for atmospheric black metal - and this might not count since it's more symphonic black metal - I'm a big fan of Summoning. Burzum really is more walking the path of ambient since Varg was in prison.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Don´t worry, I surely prefer other faggots:D

What you do in your free time is none of my concerns bro. :thumb001: :D

Psychonaut
01-27-2011, 08:21 PM
OMG...

All of you WitTR haters can go eat a bowl of dicks:

http://www.carnagecorp.com/pub/pictures/bowl-of-dick.jpg

s4ibBdXJ3Jg

Baron Samedi
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
OMG...

All of you WitTR haters can go eat a bowl of dicks:

http://www.carnagecorp.com/pub/pictures/bowl-of-dick.jpg

s4ibBdXJ3Jg

Listen to Drudkh plox, then we'll talk.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
OMG...

All of you WitTR haters can go eat a bowl of dicks

Calm down mate, you'll pop an artery there. :D

Radola
01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
What you do in your free time is none of my concerns bro. :thumb001: :D

Then you´re quite lucky as you´ll never find out that I started to listen to Krzesimir Dębski a month ago...and I´m still astonished by his songs:D

Saruman
01-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Has he dedicated one song to Neanderthals?:D As he believes "Nordics" are mixed with Neanderthals and he was really into that stuff.:rofl:

His quote:

"Our views on the Neanderthals need to be changed. They were not primitive ape-like brutes. They were our advanced ancestors. "
:rofl:

Radola
01-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Has he dedicated one song to Neanderthals?:D As he believes "Nordics" are mixed with Neanderthals and he was really into that stuff.:rofl:

His quote:

"Our views on the Neanderthals need to be changed. They were not primitive ape-like brutes. They were our advanced ancestors. "
:rofl:

LoL, some of Varg´s faggot-like views still haven´t changed as I see:laugh:

Heretik
01-27-2011, 08:39 PM
You need to get some life Sarma. :laugh: :love:

Saruman
01-27-2011, 08:57 PM
You need to get some life Sarma. :laugh: :love:

Varg needlessly insulted South Slavs. But still, I'm pragmatic. I might give his album a try, maybe it draws me more towards metal..:D

Radola
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Varg needlessly insulted South Slavs. But still, I might give his album a try, maybe it draws me more towards metal..:D

Ye, I´m wondering if he ever said something about Slavs, but maybe it´s better not to know, otherwise his statements would force me to burning all his albums...well I don´t have any, so at least delete them from my PC:lightbul::D

I have found some of his quotes:

"However, the Norwegian "nazis" never had a negative view on the Slavs, and even the Norwegian SS-volunteers reacted negatively to the Germans' behaviour in the Soviet Union, so as a Norwegian I never really thought about the fact that it might offend Slavs when I - a Norwegian - occasionally used the term "nazism" to describe my ideological foundation. Naturally I never had the intention to offend or alienate Slavs. Personally I have a very positive view on Slavs and Slavonic culture, and I think it is sad if people think otherwise."

Seems like I don´t have to delete anything:D

Saruman
01-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Ye, I´m wondering if he ever said something about Slavs, but maybe it´s better not to know, otherwise his statements would force me to burning all his albums...well I don´t have any, so at least delete them from my PC:lightbul::D

Not so related to you possibly, though partly yes as there are many Dinaroids in Slovakia..
This is his problematic post.
But OK, he's a musician, not an anthropologist.
He was here referring to Keltic-Nordids, they have slight Dinaroid tendency too.

The name Dinarid stems from the Dinarid Alps in the Balkans, and is a name given for a type of "semi-Whites" from that area. They are recognized especially by their "flat" back heads, and they inherited this trait from the Turks -- because they are themselves a mix between Turks and Slavs/Illyrians.

I have no idea why you, Grey, think the Celts and other British islanders have Dinarid traits (I trust that is what you meant?), they certainly don't as far as I know, and judging from your photo you don't either. Thankfully, I may add.

The sub-race categories such as "Dinarid" are, with all due respect, a load of crap. If some Celts and British islanders have traits similar to the "Dinarid" mongrels that does not make them "Dinarid", and to place them in a group with these Balkan mongrels would be an insult to them.

Heretik
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
E moj Kristiane. :D

Sword of the Morning
01-28-2011, 12:15 AM
This is his problematic post.

Varg posting on Skadi Forum = Epic Win.

Peasant
01-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I steal all of Varg's albums anyway so I don't care what he says. :D

Adalwolf
01-28-2011, 12:20 AM
People in no way should be comparing Varg's earlier works to Belus. The intent for each was completely different. He has moved from the more raw style to a dark ambient. Look at it from that perspective.

Baron Samedi
01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Varg posting on Skadi Forum = Epic Win.

I don't think that's really him.

Heretik
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Varg needlessly insulted South Slavs.

He's norwegian... How can we be insulted by norwegians for god's sake? :D

Peasant
01-28-2011, 12:45 AM

It was somebody with the foreknowledge that a neanderthal article/study was going to be posted on his website if it was not him.

Sword of the Morning
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM

It was somebody with the foreknowledge that a neanderthal article/study was going to be posted on his website if it was not him.

Not only that, but, as someone who has read most of Varg's essays and also possesses an eye for recognizing patterns in the written word, I'd say that the poster in question had to be Varg himself--if not, it was a very skilled imitator.

Eldritch
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Vargspeak --> English translation:

Musically "Fallen" is like a cross between "Belus" and something new, inspired more by the début album and "Det Som Engang Var" than by "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" or "Filosofem". The sound is more dynamic – we mastered the album as if it was classical music – and I was more experimental than I was on "Belus" in all respects. Lyricwise it is similar to the début album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological untertone known from "Belus" is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks – a short introduction and a longer conclusion.

Musically, Fallen is mixture of left-over tracks from Belus and some incomplete song sketches that I found that date back to the first album. We couldn't be arsed to master it properly, so we'll say it's a "classical" and "experimental" way of mastering a metal record. The lyrics are the same pseudo-philosophical waffle as always. I've also included two "ambient" filler tracks of me messing around on a synth for 15 minutes, in order to stretch the album towards something approaching acceptable length for a metal record these days.

But don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it and all. :p

Heretik
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Fallen is out!
First impression:
Fallen >>> Belus
Still sucks though. :D

Peasant
01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/akQGt.jpg

Ty Varg.

EDIT: Disappointing

Heretik
01-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Jeg Faller is listenable and pleasing... Other songs just don't do the trick.
Still, sounds better than Belus.

Baron Samedi
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Awesome album is awesome.

Guapo
02-01-2011, 12:31 AM
kewl, wut's it about?

Heretik
02-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Awesome album is awesome.

Objective listener is objective! :D

The Journeyman
02-01-2011, 05:25 AM
To me, Varg has a natural, child-like expressive talent for song-writing that I appreciate, so I will always be interested in hearing his new work.

Fallen does sound somewhat like Belus, but I think some of the songs seem more intimate and soulful on this album than the last. Belus was more of a bitter pill to swallow for me, instrumentals and vocals were very raw and harsh.

Peasant
02-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I like the change of vocals on this and that is it. Maybe I should record them though my headset mic so they sound like old Burzum or something.

Guapo
02-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Garbage, rather listen to cars crashing.

Psychonaut
02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UUs9lU_2GCQ/STKVCt3xYiI/AAAAAAAAAHI/FeCPz3hdRB4/s320/CNR_meh.jpg

Baron Samedi
02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UUs9lU_2GCQ/STKVCt3xYiI/AAAAAAAAAHI/FeCPz3hdRB4/s320/CNR_meh.jpg

Linda like Wolves in the Throne Room. LOL.

Psychonaut
02-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Linda like Wolves in the Throne Room. LOL.

I dunno who Linda is, but she has good taste in music. ;)

Grumpy Cat
02-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Exactly my thoughts on the new Burzum album.

Sword of the Morning
02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Burzum -- Jeg Faller

Worthy track, if'n ya ask me. :thumb001:

Grumpy Cat
02-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Burzum -- Jeg Faller

Worthy track, if'n ya ask me. :thumb001:

Not bad, I guess. But I'm not really into the high-pitched guitars.