PDA

View Full Version : What the hell should I do?

MarcvSS
02-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Good people,

I'm in a bit of a jam...
I'm currently looking at the possibility of opening my very own tattoo-studio...

My friend Vargtand was so kind as to design the new logo and is currently working on the website and allready the new layout is attracting new customers...

For quit some years I worked and profiled my self as a tattooist, purely serving far right persons...
Sure, the first year of my carrier, I was ofcourse an apprentice, I took on any flesh that wanted to get inked, including negroïd flesh... Hey a tattooist gotta practice...

But after a while, one gets skilled and talented enough to make choices in what clients suite him best...

Now, I always had certain principles about who and what to tattoo...
I always refused names of partners for instance...
I always refused lefties and left wing symbolics...
Same goes for jews, and negroïd gang affilated art...
And the list is even bigger but I wont nag you with all of that, I think the picture is quit clear.

Now for the tricky part... My partner in crime (just a guy investing some money) wants ofcourse to earn a nice piece on top of the investment and who can blaim him...

He forced me to lift my price per hour 30 euros... But okay.
He wants me to shorten my list of principles dramacticly... Not so okay.
He wants to ban all rightwing symbolistic tattoos...

Ofcourse the list goes on...
The guy just simply wants to turn the tattoostudio into a moneymaking machine... And again, who can blaim him?

Now for the ontopic-part...
What the hell should I do?

Give in? Try to cut comprimises? I quit my last job in a studio because I had to tattoo an AFA logo...

I'm rather confused and hope your views can help a little...

Thanks in Advance,
TattSS..

Beorn
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
He wants me to shorten my list of principles dramacticly... Not so okay.
He wants to ban all rightwing symbolistic tattoos...

Simply ask him if he requires you to also ban left wing and other "racist" and "politically undesirable" logos and insignia?

Ask where the line of principles meet and ask whether a compromise can be achieved.

Life is full of things we don't want to do, KCV. But, as long as the money is good and the money is provided towards you and your family; and, you can still hold your head high and convince yourself that your principles, whilst being tested, are still strong, I can't really see a problem.

SuuT
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Your choice is rather simple, IMO.

Are you able, or are you not able, to separate who you are as a Germanic man, from that which you must do to support yourself, finacially...?

There is no neccesary need to feel guilty over making money off of the backs of idiots.

If you are able, open your own studio - and disriminate as you see fit.

Absinthe
02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
If a cooperation seems troublesome before it even starts, it's most likely not going to be a fruitful cooperation.

From what I gather, your dream is to open your own studio and be your own boss. Right?

However, if the partner thinks he 'owns' you because he puts the money, and he can dictate the principles of your work...then you're not going to be your own boss...right?

It's gonna be constant fights and disagreements until the business deal breaks and you're back to square one.

So if I were you I'd postpone the opening of my own business until I could finance it myself or at least, find a more reliable business partner - one that would not critisize my work. :)

I always refused names of partners for instance...

...simply out of curiosity....why? :p

MarcvSS
02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
...simply out of curiosity....why? :pBecause I got sick of covering my own work up... If you catch my drift.:)

Hilding
02-18-2009, 05:27 PM
What Absinthe said :thumbs up

Lady L
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I think SuuT and Absinthe gave some good advice. :wink I wouldn't rush into the business yet if you are going to have to give in to someone's wishes just because they are putting money up. If the 2 of you can come to a complete agreement which suits your needs and wants then take a chance. But, if you think you can not compromise with this person or if you think in the future you may regret your decision, I would wait to open your own place and do it as you please. :)

Conservationist
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
The guy just simply wants to turn the tattoostudio into a moneymaking machine... And again, who can blaim him?

Get a piece of the ownership and do whatever is required to succeed. People will get their AFA tattoos down the street, so you might as well take their money.

Jamt
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Go for it. Agree to his demands/opinions/ideas for now, he is the investor and the person that will make things possible. Tomorrow is another day.

To say no to a livelihood because it somtimes contradict one ones principal would disqualify every one and all on this forum from making a living.

And again, tomorrow is another day.

Loddfafner
02-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Take a pointer from Yassir Arafat and make your agreement ambiguous.

Loki
02-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Go for it. Agree to his demands/opinions/ideas for now, he is the investor and the person that will make things possible. Tomorrow is another day.

To say no to a livelihood because it somtimes contradict one ones principal would disqualify every one and all on this forum from making a living.

It is easy to give socially responsible opinions on an internet forum, and to try and be morally right. However, we are not in TattSS's shoes. He needs to carve out a living from this. So I agree with what Olvik has said. Until you can stand on your own two feet, don't worry too much about what you have to do. Do it to earn money, to make a name for yourself as a respectable artist, and become known. Then, after you have become more independent and don't have to rely on this partner so much, you can split off and do your own thing. Earning a living must be your first priority.

Jamt
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Of topic.

There is one thing that needs censoring from tattooists: Do not put filth on the lower back of women. Have tattooists any idea of the distraction they have created with all that tribal stuff and Khmer Sanskrit they have put there.

There ought to be a law against it. At least you tattooists should consider the karmic sacrilege of your acts.:mad:

woody
02-19-2009, 12:39 AM

On top of this, I would have to say that he can't be around all the time. Sure, take the money of the lefties. But, as for the right wing tattoos, he can't be there 24/7 to observe everything. Also, if you have equipment that can be taken home, or to someone else's house, or work late a night or two to be able to do this, then try that. You know, usually, it is those right wing people that work late and appreciate being able to do things after work. Lefties don't work all the time, so they have more free time.

That reminds me of a joke. There is an apartment complex. Negros and Mexicans live on the first floor. White Nationalists live on the second floor. A fire breaks out during the day, and the apartment burns down. Who survived?

The White Nationalists. They were at work.

Jägerstaffel
02-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Lmao Woody.

Personally KCV, I say don't compromise.

Someone like you who has made a point to stand up for what he thinks shouldn't stop doing what he thinks is right.

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone for your usefull view on the mather...:)

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, it seems the problem has sorted itself out...

I just broke my investors nose and kicked him out my house...

This bleedin' twat tried to dictate me about everything...

If I wasn't playing ball he wouldn't invest.

Well FUCK HIM and bye bye nose!!!!

Absinthe
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

:lol00002:

...doing business....the germanic way :D

Treffie
02-19-2009, 12:58 PM

Way to go KCV!!!

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Way to go KCV!!!Thanks a lot comrade.:)

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I just got of the phone with his wife...

His nose is broken like a shattered glass and looks like a cauliflower...

She has been yelling at him the whole conversation, and is now dictating him...

She wanted him to still invest, but I said; thanks, but no thanks!!!

Treffie
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
KCV, there's a few people I don't like near to me, how much do you charge?

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
KCV, there's a few people I don't like near to me, how much do you charge?That depends on the customer...

For customers I do not know I charge 75 euro per hour...

For people I know (and most importantly) I like, I charge a nice friendsprice...

There are multiple comrades on this board, who got there tattoo at a 50% discount, purely because I know them and care for them...

Hope that answers your question...

Absinthe
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM
That depends on the customer...

For customers I do not know I charge 75 euro per hour...
I believe he was referring to the price for beating people up :p :D

Thorum
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM

I was all prepared to share my deep and brilliant wisdom about the business issue then got to KCV's ass-kicking quote and broke down laughing. Of all the people I have met on the forum, KCV, you always make me smile!!! You know what? You will make the right decision in the long run so don't think to hard on stuff. Remember too, comrade, you are among friends here. You got some good opinions earlier. My only comment would have been to prohibit anyone with the name Mohammad from entering your shop at risk of............a cauliflower nose treatment. You live in the city of my ancestors (Amsterdam) and I hope someday to meet you and bug you to show me around. Hope you don't mind but I put your banner on my blog (www.europeanalliance.blogspot.com (http://www.europeanalliance.blogspot.com)) with a link to your site. Let me know if this is OK with you. Keep up the good fight comrade!!
:thumbs up

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I believe he was referring to the price for beating people up :p :DThat I do for free beer...:D

Treffie
02-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I believe he was referring to the price for beating people up :p :D

Yessss! I don't want a tattoo - yet, I need to contract someone out to give a beating, lol!

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I was all prepared to share my deep and brilliant wisdom about the business issue then got to KCV's ass-kicking quote and broke down laughing. Of all the people I have met on the forum, KCV, you always make me smile!!! You know what? You will make the right decision in the long run so don't think to hard on stuff. Remember too, comrade, you are among friends here. You got some good opinions earlier. My only comment would have been to prohibit anyone with the name Mohammad from entering your shop at risk of............a cauliflower nose treatment. You live in the city of my ancestors (Amsterdam) and I hope someday to meet you and bug you to show me around. Hope you don't mind but I put your banner on my blog (www.europeanalliance.blogspot.com (http://www.europeanalliance.blogspot.com)) with a link to your site. Let me know if this is OK with you. Keep up the good fight comrade!!
:thumbs upThanks for the major heads up comrade...

And I'm honoured that you have put my banner on your blog, means a great deal to me...

Btw... I live in Arnhem, but thats just 45 minutes per train to Amsterdam. So when you hit the Netherlands comrade, TattSS will be there to welcome you.:)

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Yessss! I don't want a tattoo - yet, I need to contract someone out to give a beating, lol!No problem, I visit the UK frequently...

Do I need to bring brass-knuckles?:D

Treffie
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
No problem, I visit the UK frequently...

Do I need to bring brass-knuckles?:D

Yes, if you want to, the more visible the indentation the better!!

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, if you want to, the more visible the indentation the better!!This will break bones...

But I guess you don't care about that, do ya?

Absinthe
02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I was all prepared to share my deep and brilliant wisdom about the business issue then got to KCV's ass-kicking quote and broke down laughing.

I also cracked up big time, because having known KCV as little as I do from the fora, it was impossible to imagine him following a tactical approach and being patient or even taking shit so that the deal doesn't break...

I did expect the deal to break very soon indeed, but I cracked up reading the guy's nose was also broken... :swl

Thorum
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I also cracked up big time, because having known KCV as little as I do from the fora, it was impossible to imagine him following a tactical approach and being patient or even taking shit so that the deal doesn't break...

I did expect the deal to break very soon indeed, but I cracked up reading the guy's nose was also broken... :swl

Exactly!!! We all know KCV is just a big teddy bear though, right? :p

Heimmacht
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Exactly!!! We all know KCV is just a big teddy bear though, right? :p

Yes, even his hugs are deadly :D

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Exactly!!! We all know KCV is just a big teddy bear though, right? :pI am... Really, I am.

You can ask my GF... To people I like I'm always the friendly type. Why you can even ask Heimmacht about that.

However... Get in my fuckin' way, pay the price.

Treffie
02-19-2009, 01:55 PM

Lol! When I read what he did to his business partner, I was drinking a can of coke - you should have seen the mess. It went right up my nose and down again, all over my computer and now my keyboard has gone sticky!!

MarcvSS
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Lol! When I read what he did to his business partner, I was drinking a can of coke - you should have seen the mess. It went right up my nose and down again, all over my computer and now my keyboard has gone sticky!!Sorry bout that Tref...:D

Heimmacht
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Sorry bout that Tref...:D

Wow, KCV... *rambling like a newager* Your Cosmic Karma field reaches sooo far that you can actually give nose-pain to anyone you like, :cool: far out.:thumb001: :D

SwordoftheVistula
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
You're probably better off, as you were setting yourself of for a bad business deal with this guy anyways.

In your position-in your industry-you shouldn't be giving away any ownership interest at all in your business to 'investors', let alone enough to exercise any control over the business.

How much were you looking for anyways? Just to buy some basic equipment, right? A loan would be much better for what you are doing, either that or just save up some money on your own from your current job. I don't know if your local banks would make business loans to you for this sort of thing, but it's worth a shot, draw up a plan on how much money you expect to make, what your expenses will be, and be able to show them you will be able to make enough to pay them back. The banks here expect a cushion of sorts, for you to plan on making 20% more than you would actually need to pay them back, I don't know what it is over there but if you talk to a banker they will probably tell you. Also, you could well be able to get a loan from someone within nationalist circles for this, if you can promise them a rate of return equivalent or slightly better than they would earn investing in other things.

Either way, for a specialized service/craft like yours, you should not allow any ownership interest in your business to anyone who only puts in the (relatively small) amount of money you need.

Jamt
02-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Now why the hell did you go and do that?

You should know better.