PDA

View Full Version : My Anger Fits

Ugo Tognazzi
01-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Im normally a calm, thinking, quiet person

but every now then i get anger fits, These are caused by trivial things: A printer that doesn't work, an annoying neighbour, a plan that went wrong etc.....
I then use these excuses to unleash with a surprising strenght all my frustration, self pity, anger and melodrama. usually by shouting, cursing everything and kicking objects until i hurt myself.

its a childish cry for help, after which i feel exhausted. I calm down by doing methodical, logical tasks..such as cleaning up the mess i migh have done (or as in this case writing a thread on a forum..)

psycological but also physical reasons are behind this behaviour. I wonder if taking a sport or an activity could help to reduced this repressed energy?

Wyn
01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Have you seen a doctor at all? The advice of a mental health professional is much more valuable than ours.

Aramis
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Go snowboarding or skiing. Improves your physical condition, orientation, coordination and focus. Nature and fresh air. Cleans my mind, everytime again.

http://www.treehugger.com/how-to-go-green-skiing-snowboarding.jpg

Loki
01-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Doing something like yoga would definitely help you find peace within yourself.

The Journeyman
01-30-2011, 10:12 PM
That kind of behavior can be addictive, I speak from personal experience. I still get angry, but not as often as when I was in high school. You get an endorphin release when you go into a rage, so you actually think you feel better, when in fact the stress hormones wreak havoc on your body. It's an unhealthy release. Best to learn some stress management techniques or hit a punching bag, meditate, sport. etc

Ugo Tognazzi
01-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't need really any medical or counseling, I know the reasons why i get angry. nor i need calming techniques. I am already very calm most of the time :-D its just those fits that need to be channeled in some other way.
Possibly a dynamic, activity. A friend, who knows of my behaviour has invited me to participate to a rugby training day in his squad..maybe

Beorn
01-31-2011, 07:10 AM
psycological but also physical reasons are behind this behaviour. I wonder if taking a sport or an activity could help to reduced this repressed energy?

Why would you wish to be rid of such a natural and ultimately healthy response? Sure you can calm it down and not manifest it in such a destructive manner, but why throw away your greatest motivation to release repressed frustration, anxiety and fears?

Let it out! Women are absolutely superb at releasing and manifesting their anger and they on average live 10 years longer than men. All the negative energy/stress inside your body needs to be released, and stress is a leading cause for most mental and physical illnesses.

Taking up a physical activity to engage your anger - and ultimately repressing your anger anyway, is a good way to ensure your mind and body stays fit and alert only.

I'll give you the number for John McEnroe and others if you're serious about starting up a new physical activity. :thumb001:

Turkophagos
01-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I wonder if taking a sport or an activity could help to reduced this repressed energy?

Get laid more often.

Blossom
01-31-2011, 08:42 AM
I wonder if taking a sport or an activity could help to reduced this repressed energy?

You need to practise sports. If you'd be a woman I would told you, you're at the age of the menopause. You probably got too much energy which you need to consume. Try to do something which will make you feel really tired, the best way is sport. I recommend you running and better on a non-urban place. You might also be stressed, or bad sleeping...in case of that, I would recommend you to go and see a doc. If you discard the last 2, then try to do some sport.:)

Get better!

*Control your diet, aswell.

Heretik
01-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Buy one of these:

http://punching-bag-world.com/everlast%20punching%20bag%201.jpg

+

http://systems-import.hr/images/Borilacka_oprema/Twinsbandaze_v.jpg

+

http://mmagloves.blogsavy.com/files/2009/03/mma-gloves.jpg

And you're good to go! ;)
Not only you will get your frustrations fixed but you'll also gain stamina, punching power and strength in general. :thumbs

Imperivm
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I suggest you visit a doctor as the symptoms you have described are known as "being Italian".
http://us.123rf.com/168nwm/vtupinamba/vtupinamba1006/vtupinamba100600029.jpg

Eldritch
01-31-2011, 11:15 PM

but every now then i get anger fits, These are caused by trivial things: A printer that doesn't work, an annoying neighbour, a plan that went wrong etc.....
I then use these excuses to unleash with a surprising strenght all my frustration, self pity, anger and melodrama. usually by shouting, cursing everything and kicking objects until i hurt myself.

its a childish cry for help, after which i feel exhausted. I calm down by doing methodical, logical tasks..such as cleaning up the mess i migh have done (or as in this case writing a thread on a forum..)

I'm exactly the same way, I'm ashamed to admit. What triggers my anger is not finding something I'm looking for, especially if it's not where it's "supposed" to be; and not getting some mechanical or electrical/electronic device to work properly.

I've only very rarely broken anything, and at least I've never made the unforgivable mistake of taking my frustration out (physically or emotionally) on anyone around me, but still these incidents cause me a lot of distress and shame.

I've come to the conclusion that too much of my life is spent doing something else than I really ought o be doing; what Tapio Kotkavuori (http://kotkavuori.blogspot.com/) refers to as the Great Work. Therefore even minor setbacks in carrying out tasks that ultimately (and partly unconsciously) are irrelevant to me seem devastating.

So my advice is: prioritise. And remember that, in many ways, life is completely ridiculous, and there is every possibility that the Cosmos hates you. :thumb001:

Taking up a sport probably will help at least to some degree. I'd suggest something grim, ascetic, punishing and solitary, such as long-distance running.

Don
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
...[QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Eldritch;339394]...

Frustation Tolerance.

A quite stable trait...

I think is not as simple as "releasing energy" in physichal ways or lowing the arousal levels for a while in relaxation exercices.

Seeking information about that concept and this one, Rational emotive behavior therapy , probably will help you to cope with this trait.

If you think it could arrive beyond logical and acceptable levels, in intensity or recurrence, professional help is recommend.

Bloodeagle
02-01-2011, 06:30 AM
I am the same way, so I cannot give you any solid advice on the subject.
I have always thought that it is better to take your frustrations out on some inanimate object than on yourself or another living creature.
It sure does get expensive replacing things that happen to get in the way of an outburst. :(

The Lawspeaker
02-01-2011, 06:43 AM
http://morisset.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/legion_etrangere_01.jpg
And enjoy yourself in Africa. I am however not so sure whether the Africans would enjoy it.

Peasant
02-01-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm exactly the same way, I'm ashamed to admit. What triggers my anger is not finding something I'm looking for,

I get close to smashing up my room nearly every week because of this. :rage

Bari
02-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I don't need really any medical or counseling, I know the reasons why i get angry. nor i need calming techniques. I am already very calm most of the time :-D its just those fits that need to be channeled in some other way.
Possibly a dynamic, activity. A friend, who knows of my behaviour has invited me to participate to a rugby training day in his squad..maybe

-
G8p_s2SGQuo
:thumb001:

Talvi
02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
I feel like this is a little alarming, especially denying the fact that you might need professional help.

I had a friend who got married at an early age with a rather reserved, calm and quiet guy. 2 years later he was flipping out on little things like... she cooking dinner when he wanted her to give him a haircut instead, and attacked her physically. He didnt think it was worth professional help either. And I hope the posters on this board wont sink to this kind of level.

Groenewolf
02-01-2011, 08:17 AM

You better might buy a punching bag and work out some of that anger there. And try to prevent the causes of your rages. But if that does not work (well enough) you might need to contact a professional to see if you got any problem that need help.

poiuytrewq0987
02-01-2011, 09:42 AM

Maybe you need to find a girl or something? Having a relationship helps a lot.

Breedingvariety
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
You need some fuck.:writing_thinking:

Ugo Tognazzi
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks to most of the contributors.

I've noticed that these anger fits often start with objects, not behaiving in the way that I want to ...and end with the object being beaten or destroyed.
I never did anything against people or animals that's to be clear.
i kick objects even if i know that i will ruin them, waste money, time, and even risking to cut or hurt myself.

Sex/relationship has nothing to do with it. its neither a cause nor a solution...the same i fear for most physical activities.

Foxy
02-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I suggest you visit a doctor as the symptoms you have described are known as "being Italian".
http://us.123rf.com/168nwm/vtupinamba/vtupinamba1006/vtupinamba100600029.jpg

Lol, I am Italian and the only thing that makes me wanting to buy a shotgun are the noises (people speaking loud or screaming and girls that cry in public places or make histerical melodramas).
Definitely I don't like loud people and noises.

Best anti-anger solution in my opinion is going to run (in the park or on the beach) or having a walk in mountains. Nothing calms you more than nature, unless you get angry also with trees. :D

Fortis in Arduis
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
There is something called : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger_management

Perhaps it might help you if it has helped other people.

Grumpy Cat
02-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Smoke weed

Curtis24
02-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Unusual but good post.

I've always had trouble dealing with anger. I just don't like being angry at people in general; though I feel resentment towards those who do have no problem flying off the handle when it suits them. Usually I just deal with anger by working out fantasies in my head, until I realize how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Ugo Tognazzi
02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Its just a Childish behaviour. I've analysed it and..realized that it starts in 2 ways and 2 ways only so far:

something i dont want to do but i am supposed to
i am alone in these situations
i feel pressure cos time is running and would like to do other things
something goes wrong
I snap
I chuck away, beat up wathever object i am using

I help somebody to dio a particular job (ok a neighbour in the specific)
2 weeks later he and his wife blames me for something that occured in the building which hasnt got anything to do with me
i feel resented because it was wrong and betrayed7cheated because the guy forgot the work i did for him
I snap
I go mad at him (only shouting)

in this case the good result is that this guy is dead scared of me now !!!

Pallantides
02-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Are you Borreby?:D

rDAZy3Sm0g0

Ugo Tognazzi
02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
rDAZy3Sm0g0

:D yes that could be a parody the sort of behaviour. its probably more widespread than i imagined.
funny thin is that all my friends are a bunch of extremely calm, philosophical, very controlled people....i stick out,..thats true.

Germanicus
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Here is my tip for you...whenever you have had this anger attack you must pay for it..... Put 2O Euros in a glass jar or give it to a person who can hold it for you every time you have a tantrum, the money that you spend this way will go to charity? Over time you will get sick of paying for a tantrum and the tantrums will stop.

Imperivm
02-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Here is my tip for you...whenever you have had this anger attack you must pay for it..... Put 2O Euros in a glass jar or give it to a person who can hold it for you every time you have a tantrum, the money that you spend this way will go to charity? Over time you will get sick of paying for a tantrum and the tantrums will stop.

Make sure the charity is for Nationalist causes, for example the online magazine Alternative Right (http://www.alternativeright.com/) could do with your money, that's if you feel like giving it away.

I donated £10 :cool:

Grumpy Cat
02-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Actually, I, myself, need a better way to deal with my anger. People on the Skype chat know what my outbursts are like.

Thing is, I don't get mad very often, there are just certain things that drive me to the point of near insanity. My mother knows how to push those buttons quite well, hence why I don't spend much time with her.

I changed my phone number in a fit of rage after one of her poking sessions. She would put most Internet trolls and agent provocateurs on this forum to shame.

But I love my mother, she is my mother, so I don't stay mad. Those who aren't related to me who push those buttons... watch out.

Foxy
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Its just a Childish behaviour. I've analysed it and..realized that it starts in 2 ways and 2 ways only so far:

something goes wrong
I snap
I chuck away, beat up wathever object i am using

2 weeks later he and his wife blames me for something that occured in the building which hasnt got anything to do with me
i feel resented because it was wrong and betrayed7cheated because the guy forgot the work i did for him
I snap
I go mad at him (only shouting)

in this case the good result is that this guy is dead scared of me now !!!

something goes wrong

That's not anger but frustration.

This is the stress.

Whoever they are they are two assholes, believe me. :wink

So, basically, it seems to me that you are very stressed. Already tried to have a holiday?
Stress makes you feel angry.

Read this: http://www.oneweb20.it/20/05/2009/stress-da-lavoro-in-italia-e-record-tra-i-paesi-dellunione-europea/
Italy has got the primatus in Europe for stress at work.
In the EU only 22% of people suffer work stress, while in Italy this percentage is far higher (41%).

Last week I have listened at Fashion Channel that this problem is so hard in Italy that we strongly need a regularization of the work conditions becouse many people suffer breakdown and other psychic illness.

I dunno which work you do, but I am pretty inclined to think that in better condition you would not get angry so much for an electrodomestic that doesn't work.

Penso che tra connazionali ci si capisce abbastanza bene, soprattutto se per fare una cosa per cui ci vogliono 5 minuti o 2 passaggi vedi che ci si mette 3 ore e 7000 passaggi. Alla fine del giorno o vuoi strangolare qualcuno o è necessario un ricovero urgente dall'analista.
Pensa che anche se faccio ancora l'università, già dal liceo alcune mie compagne di scuola erano così stressate che hanno iniziato a rivolgersi allo psicologo.