PDA

View Full Version : What is this guy saying?

Crn Volk
02-11-2018, 10:13 PM
https://youtu.be/J4asPZDYxrE

ShenGjergj
02-12-2018, 01:04 AM
He is saying that his mother was slavic and himself born Orthodox also he saying that our Albanian ancestors during that time had no problem at all with the slavic people. Also claim that Skenderbeg fought for Christendom and considered himself as the defender of the Christianity.

Basically nothing new, a video posted by the "TheOsmanlit" an Anti-Albanian page. Because they know it's a paradox to call himself Albanian/Muslim and worship Skanderbeg's flag (actual flag of Albania) while he was considered as the defender of the Christianity (Atleta Cristi) so they are trying to slavicize him as much as possible.

Crn Volk
02-12-2018, 02:25 AM
He is saying that his mother was slavic and himself born Orthodox also he saying that our Albanian ancestors during that time had no problem at all with the slavic people. Also claim that Skenderbeg fought for Christendom and considered himself as the defender of the Christianity.

Basically nothing new, a video posted by the "TheOsmanlit" an Anti-Albanian page. Because they know it's a paradox to call himself Albanian/Muslim and worship Skanderbeg's flag (actual flag of Albania) while he was considered as the defender of the Christianity (Atleta Cristi) so they are trying to slavicize him as much as possible.

Would be good if that was the case today.

ShenGjergj
02-12-2018, 03:00 AM

That's pretty much the case, at least amongst Albanians from Albania like our tourists almost all come from slavic countries such as Poland, Czech Rep, Ukraine, Russia also many from Macedonia and Serbia too and people don't mind at all.
I would not take into consideration the opinions from Albanians of Kosovo and Macedonia as both of the war/conflict are still fresh. Albanians in Montenegro live amongst Montenegrins without problem thought.

Ujku
02-12-2018, 08:39 AM

wtf are you talking about ? No Albo has a problem with slavs in general...

Morlak
02-12-2018, 04:15 PM

Well, he is right. Skanderbegs mother was called Vojislava and she was most likely Serbian, definentaly Slavic. What is also interesting is that name of his sisters were Mara (She married Serbian lord Ivan Crnojević), Jelena and Angjelina and all of these names are Slavic, same case with his brother Stanisha. Also Skadnerbegs son "Gjon" married Serbian princess Jerina Branković. Its pretty clear he had close relations with Serbs.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Well, he is right. Skanderbegs mother was called Vojislava and she was most likely Serbian, definentaly Slavic. What is also interesting is that name of his sisters were Mara (She married Serbian lord Ivan Crnojević), Jelena and Angjelina and all of these names are Slavic, same case with his brother Stanisha. Also Skadnerbegs son "Gjon" married Serbian princess Jerina Branković. Its pretty clear he had close relations with Serbs.

I don't think so, we don't have well grounded information about her, most sources are controversial one from another, if I was you I wouldn't rely on her name.

Also don't forget, Skenderbeg burned down serb villages as sign of revenge because of betrayal by serb, he never actually had great relations with Serbs, he did however had great relation with hunyadi.........In other words he gave no shit about serbs or supposed mother kin.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 05:47 PM
I don't think so, we don't have well grounded information about her, most sources are controversial one from another, if I was you I wouldn't rely on her name.

Also don't forget, Skenderbeg burned down serb villages as sign of revenge because of betrayal by serb, he never actually had great relations with Serbs, he did however had great relation with hunyadi.........In other words he gave no shit about serbs or supposed mother kin.

Dude imagine if you found some guy called Arbėr, you would of course think that he is Albanian. Well same is with VojiSLAVA, anyway she is mentioned as "Voislava Tribalada" and Tribalian was a synonym for Serbs in medieval times used only by Byzantines tho. If he didnt give shit about Serbs why did he marry his sisters and son to Serbs? Also when Serbian Despotate fell he helped our Despot to get to Italy. Fact is we werent enemies in medieval times, our conflict started in 18th and 19th century.

ShenGjergj
02-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Marko Miljanov also had an Albanian mother but he still fought for Serbia and always considered himself as "serb". Arbereshe people are the purest descent of Skanderbeg like it or not. His monther come from Pollog, a region that was never populated with serb deal with it.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Dude imagine if you found some guy called Arbėr, you would of course think that he is Albanian. Well same is with VojiSLAVA, anyway she is mentioned as "Voislava Tribalada" and Tribalian was a synonym for Serbs in medieval times used only by Byzantines tho. If he didnt give shit about Serbs why did he marry his sisters and son to Serbs? Also when Serbian Despotate fell he helped our Despot to get to Italy. Fact is we werent enemies in medieval times, our conflict started in 18th and 19th century.

Fact is we never got along, not even during middle ages, the fact Crnojevic betrayed him or the fact you were a vassal state in many occasions or battles just adds more arguments why he never felt close to Serbs, instead he built a pan Albanian alliance first then along the course a foreign alliances like with Hunyadi which he was very close with. As I said her mother origin is highly disputable with many open debate questions.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Marko Miljanov also had an Albanian mother but he still fought for Serbia and always considered himself as "serb". Arbereshe people are the purest descent of Skanderbeg like it or not. His monther come from Pollog, a region that was never populated with serb deal with it.

Idk what has Marko Miljanov to do with this. Yes he had some Albanian blood and was generally fond of Malesors, like most Montenegrin Serbs are. There was a lot of Serbs from that region of Macedonia, we mostly left that area when we migrated to Vojvodina. You need to deal with fact that your national hero was probably half Serb and was very close to us.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 06:00 PM

Idk what has Marko Miljanov to do with this. Yes he had some Albanian blood and was generally fond of Malesors, like most Montenegrin Serbs are. There was a lot of Serbs from that region of Macedonia, we mostly left that area when we migrated to Vojvodina. You need to deal with fact that your national hero was probably half Serb and was very close to us.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Fact is we never got along, not even during middle ages, the fact Crnojevic betrayed him or the fact you were a vassal state in many occasions or battles just adds more arguments why he never felt close to Serbs, instead he built a pan Albanian alliance first then along the course a foreign alliances like with Hunyadi which he was very close with. As I said her mother origin is highly disputable with many open debate questions.

That is simply not true, if you look at the relations of Progoni state you will also see that they had mixed with Serbian princesses and were allies of our Kings, for short time even our vassals. But i honestly don't think that our relations in the past are relevant now. If you think that in 15th century Europe people had knowledge of the panational ideas and alliance then you are wrong. Skanderbeg was defienentaly close to us Serbs, and you cant simply ignore these marriages because in medieval times they were sign to form alliance. Also if i am not mistaken his father remains are in Serbian monastery in Atos, which Skadnerbeg also funded like most of medieval Serbian rulers did.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-12-2018, 06:21 PM
That is simply not true, if you look at the relations of Progoni state you will also see that they had mixed with Serbian princesses and were allies of our Kings, for short time even our vassals. But i honestly don't think that our relations in the past are relevant now. If you think that in 15th century Europe people had knowledge of the panational ideas and alliance then you are wrong. Skanderbeg was defienentaly close to us Serbs, and you cant simply ignore these marriages because in medieval times they were sign to form alliance. Also if i am not mistaken his father remains are in Serbian monastery in Atos, which Skadnerbeg also funded like most of medieval Serbian rulers did.

You are highly misleaded if you think we were close or that Skenderbeg gave a shit about serbs, he actually punished you for being close to Ottomans not because the opposite, also another random but related to the subject, during that time, most marriages were arranged to secure future allies (mostly with foreign rulers) and not because of blood relation you may like to make that is the case.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 06:25 PM
You are highly misleaded if you think we were close or that Skenderbeg gave a shit about serbs, he actually punished you for being close to Ottomans not because the opposite, also another random but related to the subject, during that time, most marriages were arranged to secure future allies (mostly with foreign rulers) and not because of blood relation you may like to make that is the case.

Genius, the fact that he married his relatives to us, funded our monastery, helped our Despot flee to Italy, clearly shows he did. You Kosovars are brainwashed to hate Serbs so i understand your denying but it wont change the truth.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Genius, the fact that he married his relatives to us, funded our monastery, helped our Despot flee to Italy, clearly shows he did. You Kosovars are brainwashed to hate Serbs so i understand your denying but it wont change the truth.

Lmao, you honestly live up with the idea that marriages or trivial occurrence are good indication and enough argument that you shall call him as one of you (or partially so), as I said earlier however most marriages were done to secure or strengthen an alliance, you happened to be closest to us geographically but this was clearly not an indication of kinship or because he felt close with you, if that would be a case his position with 'Serbia' would be clearly more relaxed but it weren't, it were quite troublesome.

I'm Albanian like those in Albania, what are you trying to imply is pure garbage, obviously I'm not into that truth you are trying to sell to the rest or me.

Morlak
02-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Lmao, you honestly live up with the idea that marriages or trivial occurrence are good indication and enough argument that you shall call him as one of you (or partially so), as I said earlier however most marriages were done to secure or strengthen an alliance, you happened to be closest to us geographically but this was clearly not an indication of kinship or because he felt close with you, if that would be a case his position with 'Serbia' would be clearly more relaxed but it weren't, it were quite troublesome.

I'm Albanian like those in Albania, what are you trying to imply is pure garbage, obviously I'm not into that truth you are trying to sell to the rest or me.

You said it yourself, marriages in medieval times were to secure alliance. Skanderbeg married his son and sister to Serbs, and that clearly shows he had good relation with us, also the two other things i mentioned that you just simply ignore. I dont understand what is here hard to comprehend.

Kelmendasi
02-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Miljanov does have Albanian origin paternally as well since he is Kuqi which are basically proven to be Albanian in origin by genetics and that there are still Albanian Kuqi members

Kelmendasi
02-13-2018, 04:11 PM
He may have been half Slav but he was not close with you, he burnt down Serb villages and didn't care if you guys were independent from Ottoman rule

Kelmendasi
02-13-2018, 04:11 PM
What are you on about brainwashed? Your people burnt down their villages ffs

The Illyrian Warrior
02-13-2018, 04:38 PM
You said it yourself, marriages in medieval times were to secure alliance. Skanderbeg married his son and sister to Serbs, and that clearly shows he had good relation with us, also the two other things i mentioned that you just simply ignore. I dont understand what is here hard to comprehend.

Lol, you persistence on marriages is becoming hilarious.

Why you have hard time to swallow the basic fact that your ruler Brankovic did betray him so as sign of this betrayal act he didn't gave a flying shit but set fire to serb villages (not an act of kinship or because he felt close with your nation, quite contrary to your belief), he was a smart politicians not solely a great fighter, he may not be your biggest enemy (ottomans were) but certainly he was not your best ally either, he simply followed the steps which benefited him and his nation - Albanians, pure and simple.

Morlak
02-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Miljanov does have Albanian origin paternally as well since he is Kuqi which are basically proven to be Albanian in origin by genetics and that there are still Albanian Kuqi members

Origins of Kuči are quite complicated, its clear that they have some Albanian element. But that is not one sided, same could be said about Kosovo tribe of Krasniqi, name is slavic and there are couple of Serbian familes who once belonged to this tribe. Montnegrin Serbs are similar to some extent with Gheg/Malesor Albanians, and there was quite a lot of mixing in the past. And realtions where generally good especially with Christians.

I am not going to repeat myself again about Skanderbeg, in my opinion claims i have made are good and valid.

Kelmendasi
02-13-2018, 10:45 PM
Origins of Kuči are quite complicated, its clear that they have some Albanian element. But that is not one sided, same could be said about Kosovo tribe of Krasniqi, name is slavic and there are couple of Serbian familes who once belonged to this tribe. Montnegrin Serbs are similar to some extent with Gheg/Malesor Albanians, and there was quite a lot of mixing in the past. And realtions where generally good especially with Christians.

I am not going to repeat myself again about Skanderbeg, in my opinion claims i have made are good and valid.
Kuqi does have an Albanian origin from Berisha e Kuqe and this is claimed orally and is now proven genetically as even the "Slavic" Kuci members belong to the same Ydna haplogroup as Albanian Berisha e Kuqe(Kuqi) members. Krasniqi traditionally derives from Hoti and both are Albanian clans with no Slavic origin, genetically Krasniqi belongs to J2b2-PH1751 and E-V13 whilst Hoti belongs to it's own specific J2b2 clade, also Krasniqi isn't a "Kosovo" clan; it originates in northern Albania and is found in great numbers there specifically places like Tropoje. A lot of the Brda clans claim some sort of Albanian origin for example the Vasojevici is one of them as they claim to also descend from Hoti but this is most likely false since the Vasojevici belong to a unique clade of E-V13

Morlak
02-14-2018, 02:01 PM
Kuqi does have an Albanian origin from Berisha e Kuqe and this is claimed orally and is now proven genetically as even the "Slavic" Kuci members belong to the same Ydna haplogroup as Albanian Berisha e Kuqe(Kuqi) members. Krasniqi traditionally derives from Hoti and both are Albanian clans with no Slavic origin, genetically Krasniqi belongs to J2b2-PH1751 and E-V13 whilst Hoti belongs to it's own specific J2b2 clade, also Krasniqi isn't a "Kosovo" clan; it originates in northern Albania and is found in great numbers there specifically places like Tropoje. A lot of the Brda clans claim some sort of Albanian origin for example the Vasojevici is one of them as they claim to also descend from Hoti but this is most likely false since the Vasojevici belong to a unique clade of E-V13

No. First known ancestors of Kuči is Nenad(Serbian name) he is mentioned in the documents of Skadar Sanjak in early 1400s. By Kuči legends they claim that he comes from Mrnjančević noble family, and one of oldest families from Kuči has surname Mranjvčić. The guy you are talking about is Drekale, and his origin is not certain. As i am familiar only Edith Durham(very pro-Albanian) claims him to descend from Berisha, however there are other stories about his origin. One being that his mother is again from Mranjančević family and father from Klimenti. Recently i heard some people claim Drekale descend from Skanderbeg's son Ivan. Also very important fact is that Serbian Kuči are separated in two groups, so called Old Kuči, who claim ancestry from Mrnjančević family, and Drekalovići(new Kuči) who claim ancestry from Drekale, so they are not a homogeneous tribe. Also both Kuči and Krasniqi(before islamization) celebrate Slava, its tradition only found in Serbian people.

Tribes of Vasojevići dont claim origins form Hoti lol. Vasojevići, Ozrinići and Piperi alongside Albanian tribes of Hoti and Krasniqi claim to have same ancestor. E-v13 is also found in Serbs a lot, not just from Montenegro but in other regions as well. We are not a homogenous nation like most others when it comes to haplogroups.

Morlak
02-14-2018, 02:03 PM
No. First known ancestors of Kuči is Nenad(Serbian name) he is mentioned in the documents of Skadar Sanjak in early 1400s. By Kuči legends they claim that he comes from Mrnjančević noble family, and one of oldest families from Kuči has surname Mrnjavčić. They guy you are talking about is Drekale, and his origin is not certain. As i am familiar only Edith Durham(very pro-Albanian) claims him to descend from Berisha, however there are other stories about his origin. One being that his mother is again from Mranjančević family and father from Klimenti. Recently i heard some people claim Drekale descend from Skanderbeg's son Ivan. Also very important fact is that Serbian Kuči are separated in two groups, so called Old Kuči, who claim ancestry from Mrnjančević family, and Drekalovići(new Kuči) who claim ancestry from Drekale, so they are not a homogeneous tribe. Also both Kuči and Krasniqi(before islamization) celebrate Slava, its tradition only found in Serbian people.

Tribes of Vasojevići dont claim origins form Hoti lol. Vasojevići, Ozrinići and Piperi alongside Albanian tribes of Hoti and Krasniqi claim to have same ancestor. E-v13 is also found in Serbs a lot, not just from Montenegro but in other regions as well. We are not a homogenous nation like most others when it comes to haplogroups.

Kelmendasi
02-14-2018, 02:58 PM
No. First known ancestors of Kuči is Nenad(Serbian name) he is mentioned in the documents of Skadar Sanjak in early 1400s. By Kuči legends they claim that he comes from Mrnjančević noble family, and one of oldest families from Kuči has surname Mranjvčić. The guy you are talking about is Drekale, and his origin is not certain. As i am familiar only Edith Durham(very pro-Albanian) claims him to descend from Berisha, however there are other stories about his origin. One being that his mother is again from Mranjančević family and father from Klimenti. Recently i heard some people claim Drekale descend from Skanderbeg's son Ivan. Also very important fact is that Serbian Kuči are separated in two groups, so called Old Kuči, who claim ancestry from Mrnjančević family, and Drekalovići(new Kuči) who claim ancestry from Drekale, so they are not a homogeneous tribe. Also both Kuči and Krasniqi(before islamization) celebrate Slava, its tradition only found in Serbian people.

Oh yh forgot to mention that, the old Kuci are most likely Serbs but the Drekali are very likely Albanian and it isn’t only Durham who claims this, the Berisha e Kuqe themselves say this. The Krasniqi were Catholics and they are 100% Albanian in origin. The Vasojevici have multiple myths iirc, one claims them to be descended from a Nemanjic whilst the other claims them to be related to Hoti and the other clans you mentioned. Piperi are most likely Albanian in origin or have some Albanian element since many are R1b-BY611 which in Montenegro usually signals Albanian paternal origin.

Morlak
02-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Oh yh forgot to mention that, the old Kuci are most likely Serbs but the Drekali are very likely Albanian and it isn’t only Durham who claims this, the Berisha e Kuqe themselves say this. The Krasniqi were Catholics and they are 100% Albanian in origin. The Vasojevici have multiple myths iirc, one claims them to be descended from a Nemanjic whilst the other claims them to be related to Hoti and the other clans you mentioned. Piperi are most likely Albanian in origin or have some Albanian element since many are R1b-BY611 which in Montenegro usually signals Albanian paternal origin.

Well folktales of a tribe arent really a good source. Pro-Serb(by pro-serb i mean those who dont identify with newly montengrin nation) Drekalovići will tell you that all of Northern Albanians are Serbs. Piperi are also not homogenous but they dont have Albanian origin thats for sure. However they did mix with Vlachs a lot, and Vlachs have similarities with Albanians both linguistically and genetically.

In general as i have said already there has been a lot of intermixing in Montenegro and Skadar area in Albania between Serbs and Albanians (and Vlachs).

Kelmendasi
02-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Well folktales of a tribe arent really a good source. Pro-Serb(by pro-serb i mean those who dont identify with newly montengrin nation) Drekalovići will tell you that all of Northern Albanians are Serbs. Piperi are also not homogenous but they dont have Albanian origin thats for sure. However they did mix with Vlachs a lot, and Vlachs have similarities with Albanians both linguistically and genetically.

In general as i have said already there has been a lot of intermixing in Montenegro and Skadar area in Albania between Serbs and Albanians (and Vlachs).
Agreed, folk tales can be made up due to clan members becoming blood brothers or something.

Tomorr
02-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Serbs plan to take over the world by giving away their daughters in marriage :D

and albanians should not forget that the seed determines your nation. You are albanian by blood only if your father is, regardless of mothers origin. One cannot be albanian if only his mother is.

The Illyrian Warrior
02-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Serbs plan to take over the world by giving away their daughters in marriage :D

and albanians should not forget that the seed determines your nation. You are albanian by blood only if your father is, regardless of mothers origin. One cannot be albanian if only his mother is.

Serbs as society, backed from church, academia, political elite have pushed the notion that they are 'heavenly people' (you have no idea how many believe this notion and are follower of this cult), they often pretend to be next Jews, however they are nothing but a ugly version of Jews, to be a Jew you should have resources, higher IQ also have glorious history of building ancient civilization & proud history of survival as nation for 2 thousand years, serbs are complete opposite of that.