PDA

View Full Version : Opinion about Montenegro?

Doclean
02-12-2018, 08:37 PM
So, i have always wondered what is the general opinion about Montenegro from foreign view. So please post what you think about our small and glorious nation!

Marmara
02-12-2018, 08:39 PM
So, i have always wondered what is the general opinion about Montenegro from foreign view. So please post what you think about small and glorious nation!

I think in general people don't know much about Montenegro

Morlak
02-12-2018, 08:40 PM
So, i have always wondered what is the general opinion about Montenegro from foreign view. So please post what you think about small and glorious nation!

As someone who has ancestry from MNE, i have sorta love and hate relationship with Montenegro. I love its old history and tradition but really dislike this new artificial Montenegrin "nation".

Decius
02-12-2018, 08:41 PM

They are serbs

Decius
02-12-2018, 08:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8sMqMsAQj0

Doclean
02-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Should have expected many butthurt Serbs lol

Morlak
02-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Should have expected many butthurt Serbs lol

Yep i am butthurt when i see Serbs with lost national identity or with a fake new one.

Decius
02-12-2018, 08:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3J5Ns1_XM4

Mraz
02-12-2018, 08:48 PM
It's a country I'd like to visit, mainly for the mountains and the coast.

Bosniensis
02-12-2018, 08:54 PM
I would like to Visit Montenegro as well, especially now when I know that I have confirmed ancestry from that region.

Doclean
02-12-2018, 08:57 PM
I would like to Visit Montenegro as well, especially now when I know that I have confirmed ancestry from that region.

I think half of Serbia/Bosnia has some ancestry from Montenegro.

magyar_lány
02-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Montenegro is a mystical land for me. Sadly, I don't know so much about it. Montenegro is becoming a popular turistic goal In Hungary recently. Montenegro means black mountain. I hope i will learn more about your country. :)

Lucia
02-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Neutral, doesn’t cross my mind very often and sometimes I forget we share a spectacular 19km border. It’s a cool name for a country.

Aspar
02-12-2018, 09:37 PM
I've been in Montenegro several times during the summer.
Last time I've been, it was 2011.
The coastline is fabulous, and the towns like Budva, Herceg Novo, Bar and others, have a nice Mediterranean vibe.
I've visited king Nickolas's palace in Bar and I walked in the lovely park.
Also Budva's old city is very nice and it lives some impression as if you are in Italy, not in the Balkans.
Although I haven't visited the inner, I had a nice trip with a train from Macedonia to Serbia and than Montenegro.
Once in Montenegro, the view was spectacular, the mountains, the cliffs, the villages, simply fabulous.
Really, I have nice memories, and I will visit Montenegro again, I hope it will be very soon.

Bosniensis
02-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Montenegro:

'Odi Radosave amo. Vidiš li ti jadan što se radi?
- Vidim.
- Ubrzo Radosave za Minken krećeš. Ja znam mjesto đe ću pare nać, a ti se opremaj.
_(Što nas nađe od zla)
- Pa kako ću ja tato u Minken kad ja ni jednome njemački progovorit ne znam...
- Ne znaš njemački?!
- Ne ja.
- (H)uuuu.
- Ne na`ko da lažem.
- Čujem li ja dobro, da njemački ti ne znaš?
- Ne, vala, đavolju!
- Uuuuu, on, pomislite, njemački ne zna... 'Voliki čovek pa njemački ne zna.
- Pa ne znaam
- Znači Radosave, ti njemački ne znaš.
- Pa NE ZNAM tata, pa šta ću sad, ne znam...
- A ima li išta na svjet što ti znaš, Radosave?
- E pa eto, trevi se pođešto da znam, a njemački ne znam.
- Eeee ovo mi je novo. Ovo mi je novo. A nema jadan lakšega jezika na svjet od njemačkog Radosave.
- UUUU, ne, je li?!
- Ma ne, Radosave, lakšega nema
- E bogumi, ovo mi je novo
- Kad ja velim da nema onda nema
- Aha
- Oni kad zbore, k'o da se dave, k'o da zraka nemaju. K'o da će svaki minut bez jezika ostanut
- E pa, ako je tako, onda nije težak tata
- Đe težak jadan, lakšega nema
- Ee zamisli
- Ee
- E ovo mi je novo
- Pa ne Radosave, lakšega nema, samo ga je teško razumjet
- Aha, teško je li?
- Čuj teško, nikako Radosave, nikako!
- E sad tek vidim da je dosta lak
- (Hhe) E kad bi se razumjet mog'o, lakšega jezika na svjet od njega bilo ne bi
- E, vjerujem ti ja, slobodno
- Ma nema šta ti da mi vjeruješ, kad je to tako
- Aha
- Samo, ne mož đavolju ovarisat, a a a ako ne razumiješ
- Eee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPX8DlgMtyg

Gold-Shekel
04-06-2018, 10:07 PM
I don't see how Montenegrins are Serbs, they have distinct traditions, the main reason people consider them as Serb is because of the influence of the Serbian Orthodox Church. However there are quite a lot of Serbs in Montenegro. As far as I know Montenegro is one of the countries in Balkans that had its independence the longest.

Anyway, interesting country, it looks really beautiful and I should visit it.

Vožd
04-07-2018, 09:54 PM
Half of Serbia is from there ;)

Annie999
04-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Average people wont know much about Montenegro. I know that feeling because Im from Uruguay :lol:

Teutone
04-07-2018, 10:13 PM
dont know ANYTHING about it somehow

Jana
04-07-2018, 10:15 PM
I like Montenegro and appreciate it's beauty but am afraid of Montenegrin chetniks.

Sean-Jobst
04-07-2018, 10:31 PM
I would like to visit Montenegro if I was in the Balkans again, because it seems like it has natural beauty and has preserved many traditions. Plus with it not receiving as many tourists, it seems like it would maintain some of its authenticity unmarred by large numbers of tourists (at least the interior).

I did spend three days in Shkoder, Albania. And one day when climbing to the top of Rozafa Castle I was showed the Montenegrin border in the distance close enough that I could see it. I contemplated crossing the border, but suddenly had to return back to Tirana (I carpooled with locals to save money and see more of the countryside). But a traveler I met told me he liked Podgorica. For only 5 Euros, a taxi in Shkoder will drive you to the border town of Ulcinj.

All that I know about the Montenegrins are that they're Slavic, Dinaric in appearance, Orthodox Christian, and are also the tallest people in the world collectively.

Drawing-slim
04-07-2018, 11:36 PM
Albanian land with considerable amount of Albanian genes.

Drawing-slim
04-07-2018, 11:38 PM
I would like to visit Montenegro if I was in the Balkans again, because it seems like it has natural beauty and has preserved many traditions. Plus with it not receiving as many tourists, it seems like it would maintain some of its authenticity unmarred by large numbers of tourists (at least the interior).

I did spend three days in Shkoder, Albania. And one day when climbing to the top of Rozafa Castle I was showed the Montenegrin border in the distance close enough that I could see it. I contemplated crossing the border, but suddenly had to return back to Tirana (I carpooled with locals to save money and see more of the countryside). But a traveler I met told me he liked Podgorica. For only 5 Euros, a taxi in Shkoder will drive you to the border town of Ulcinj.

All that I know about the Montenegrins are that they're Slavic, Dinaric in appearance, Orthodox Christian, and are also the tallest people in the world collectively.
How did you like my city shkoder?

alb0zfinest
04-08-2018, 04:01 AM
Montenegro, isn't that somewhere in South America?

Drawing-slim
04-08-2018, 04:14 AM
It is perhaps the most beautiful landscape in europe or the planet. It makes me sad that was all stolen from albanians.

Sean-Jobst
04-08-2018, 04:39 AM

I really liked it! Wonderful city that doesn't get the attention it should (and Albania itself generally doesn't get the attention it deserves). I loved walking the streets and alleys. It has a very early 20th century feel to it, and I noticed now even close to the number of skyscrapers and really tall buildings as in some other cities, but which is a good thing. I visited the theater/cultural center near Democracy Square; I thought it was unique that if you stand at a certain spot you can capture in a photograph the steel statue on the Square, the English Tower, that minaret and dome of the Ebu Bakr mosque, and the bell-tower of the Catholic Church all in the same image - which really epitomizes the many layers of Albania and how it all converges into one "Albanianism".

I used to visit some of the cafes and restaurants, and especially liked chilling over some drinks and reflecting on the night sky at Chikago Bar terrace. I liked walking the streets over towards Rozafa Castle and climbing, even though it was very steep it was well worth the climb! Then making a "ladder" of stones and climbing up to the wall where the flag is and posing in front of the flag, with the river and lake and the entire valley and surrounding mountains around. I also liked walking to the dried up lake where the old Lead Mosque is and seeing the ruins. I was especially impressed with the story about Rozafa Castle and seeing the water that flowed on that one wall for myself....And I also liked the side-trip to the mountain resort at Razem.

It was a very nice city and I would've stayed a little longer but with only three more days until my flight from Tirana to Germany, there was still some things I had yet to see in the capital. But I liked your city.

Vožd
04-08-2018, 10:16 AM

One of most important medieval Serbian cities, like it :thumb001:

Bonpal
04-08-2018, 12:08 PM

is this proven by genetics? Albanians seem like a short people.

Cristiano viejo
04-08-2018, 12:22 PM
I only know three things about Montenegro:

Ex-footballer Pedja Mijatovic.

The Siege of Castelnuovo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Castelnuovo, where 3.000 Spaniards fought fiercely against 50.000 Turks killing 20.000 of them.

They styupidly independized of Serbia., being Serbians themselves.

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 12:41 PM
is this proven by genetics? Albanians seem like a short people.
The ones near the Albanian border could have Albanian admix, certain Montenegrin clans from that region have Albanian Ydna haplogroups. Albanians aren't short, the average recorded among the youth was 180cm

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 12:42 PM
One of most important medieval Serbian cities, like it :thumb001:
funny

Robocop
04-08-2018, 12:48 PM
Beautiful country, tall people, very talented in sports having in mind the number of people there.

I was always sayin that Serbia and Croatia are maybe the most talented countries in world for sports considering our population, but I think maybe Montenegro tops us because there is only 700 000 of them, yet they play equally against England IN ENGLAND in football haha, they play equally in Handball with everyone, in basketball they are always around, etc..., truly unique. lol

Oh and yeah, Montenegro has one of the most beautiful Anthems in world, for those who didnt heard it, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAqtWREz68

Morlak
04-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Beautiful country, tall people, very talented in sports having in mind the number of people there.

I was always sayin that Serbia and Croatia are maybe the most talented countries in world for sports considering our population, but I think maybe Montenegro tops us because there're is only 700 000 of them, yet they play equally against England IN ENGLAND in football haha, they play equally in Handball with everyone, in basketball they are always around, etc..., truly unique. lol

Yeah though in football a lot of Montenegrin players are from Serbia. They just chose Montenegro because they cant play for Serbia, but it has to be said that sometimes a born Montenegrin will also chose Serbia instead Montenegro.

Vožd
04-08-2018, 12:56 PM
the average recorded among the youth was 180cm
Ghegs. But, what about Tosks?

Morlak
04-08-2018, 01:00 PM
funny

Note funny at all, Skadar was a very important city of Serbian principality of Duklja, before Dusan became King(later Emperor) he ruled Zeta with a seat in Skadar it was also capital of Crnojevic family for a while. There also existed Serbians school in Skadar in 19th century, and today it is one of rare places where Serbs from Albania can learn Serbian.

Robocop
04-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Yeah though in football a lot of Montenegrin players are from Serbia. They just chose Montenegro because they cant play for Serbia, but it has to be said that sometimes a born Montenegrin will also chose Serbia instead Montenegro.

I always laugh on this, THE STEREOTYPICAL BEHAVIOUR OF MONTENEGRIN on a date (in Belgrade) with a girl haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX4vGXLsdis

I wish others could understand it lol.

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Ghegs. But, what about Tosks?
Hasn't been recorded, but anyways there isn't much of a difference between Ghegs and Tosks

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Note funny at all, Skadar was a very important city of Serbian principality of Duklja, before Dusan became King(later Emperor) he ruled Zeta with a seat in Skadar it was also capital of Crnojevic family for a while. There also existed Serbians school in Skadar in 19th century, and today it is one of rare places where Serbs from Albania can learn Serbian.
It's not a Serbian city though, Albanians have always been the majority there in fact it is considered as one of the cradles of Albanian culture

Morlak
04-08-2018, 01:25 PM
It's not a Serbian city though, Albanians have always been the majority there in fact it is considered as one of the cradles of Albanian culture

Well city had a strong Serbian influence thats for sure. Many Serbs migrated from those parts to Croatia and Vojvodina, for example my familes legend says we came from those ares to Dalmatia. Also if you look at the Demographic history of Sanjak of Scutari especially in 16th century there are quite a lot of villages with Serbian population, Albanians were majority at the time but Serbs were an important factor as well.

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Well city had a strong Serbian influence thats for sure. Many Serbs migrated from those parts to Croatia and Vojvodina, for example my familes legend says we came from those ares to Dalmatia. Also if you look at the Demographic history of Sanjak of Scutari especially in 16th century there are quite a lot of villages with Serbian population, Albanians were majority at the time but Serbs were an important factor as well.
Yes there are still some Serb villages, but still the majority were and still are Albanian. Have you tested your Ydna?

Morlak
04-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Yes there are still some Serb villages, but still the majority were and still are Albanian. Have you tested your Ydna?

Nope, but i plan to. Wanted to do it with 23andMe but they dont ship to Serbia, actually i think most of them dont ship to Serbia.

Kelmendasi
04-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Nope, but i plan to. Wanted to do it with 23andMe but they dont ship to Serbia, actually i think most of them dont ship to Serbia.
Yh seems like 23andme doesn't ship to Serbia, but they do ship to Croatia so maybe if you have family there they can send it to you. There is a Serbian DNA project though which you can use https://dnk.poreklo.rs/, and i'm pretty sure Ftdna does ship to Serbia although you would have to check that as i'm not certain

QUICAS
04-08-2018, 02:16 PM
So, i have always wondered what is the general opinion about Montenegro from foreign view. So please post what you think about our small and glorious nation!

I always wanted to know why your country has a latin sounding name like portuguese or french?

Morlak
04-08-2018, 02:40 PM
I always wanted to know why your country has a latin sounding name like portuguese or french?

Because of Italian, in Italian Montenegro means Black Mountain which is equal to Serbian native name Crna Gora.

QUICAS
04-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Because of Italian, in Italian Montenegro means Black Mountain which is equal to Serbian native name Crna Gora.

In portuguese its also means black mountain, its perfectly and exactly with the same words wrote in that form. I wonder why they keep the latin historic name. Very cool and thanks for the info.

Morlak
04-08-2018, 02:50 PM
In portuguese its also means black mountain, its perfectly and exactly with the same words wrote in that form. I wonder why they keep the latin historic name. Very cool and thanks for the info.

They keep it because it is easier for foreigners to say Montenegro than Crna Gora or i quess it sounds better than Black Mountain. Also they love saying "e viva Montenegro" though many pro-Serb Montenegrins dislike this name as it is associated with Montenegrin separtiisic attitude towards Serbian nation and culture.

QUICAS
04-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Pretty true. Montenegro sounds beautiful and upper class haha

Dick
04-09-2018, 08:50 PM

^^
I2a1b-Din in South Slavs is of Slavic origin

Dukagjini
04-09-2018, 09:01 PM
It's still true though. Southern Montenegro is Albo land, w/ lot of Albo genetics.

catgeorge
04-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Generally positive opinions.

Crn Volk
04-09-2018, 10:43 PM

Good to see an ethnic Montenegrin on the forum :thumb001:

As for Montenegro, beautiful place I'd like to visit. Alot of my cousins holiday in Budva quite regularly and love it.

Genovefa
08-02-2018, 01:59 PM
All I know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHnqF5PLP2w