PDA

View Full Version : Classify this man and where would he pass?

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:06 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/godfather/images/4/48/Amerigo_Bonasera.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20101201174155
https://assets.mubi.com/images/cast_member/223193/image-w240.jpg?1445604015

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Dinaricized Alpine-Med. Looks Iitalian to me, but could also be Balkan, French or Iberian.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Dinaricized Alpine-Med. Looks Iitalian to me, but could also be Balkan, French or Iberian.

Not sure about French.

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Not sure about French.

I mean Southern French (i.e. Marseilles)

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:12 PM
I mean Southern French (i.e. Marseilles)

I still don't think so.

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 09:13 PM
I still don't think so.

To me, Southern French look very similar to Northern Italians and Northern Iberians.

Some people on this forum think that Northern French look like Brits and Germans, but I don't see it.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:17 PM
To me, Southern French look very similar to Northern Italians and Northern Iberians.

Some people on this forum think that Northern French look like Brits and Germans, but I don't see it.

Southern French look like northern Italians and Iberians, but this man to me is more Mediterranean than anything typical for France.

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Southern French look like northern Italians and Iberians, but this man to me is more Mediterranean than anything typical for France.

Fair enough.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Fair enough.

Or alternatively I think this look does exist in northern Italy, but not France, which shows that despite the significant overlap, northern Italians still look more Mediterranean.

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Or alternatively I think this look does exist in northern Italy, but not France, which shows that despite the significant overlap, northern Italians still look more Mediterranean.

All French have Med admixture that Germans lack - even northern French AncestryDNA tests get significant amounts of Iberia.

Vigilance
02-21-2018, 09:34 PM
He looks South American/Cuban etc to me

he could pass in India and Iran.

I don't think he is Med, he seems mostly Nordo-Alpo, mostly Nordoid but through Alpine admixture

I can see Dinariomorphism, but can you point towards expert professional plates of individuals classified as Dinarids who resemble him?

the Nordoid/proto Nordoid tendency he has along with the rather slight Dinariomorphism makes him look Iranid

I would consider him an older(archaic), less refined European Caucasoid

AK-47
02-21-2018, 09:37 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/godfather/images/4/48/Amerigo_Bonasera.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20101201174155
https://assets.mubi.com/images/cast_member/223193/image-w240.jpg?1445604015
Looks like the guy that asked Don Corleone to avenge the rape of his daughter.
I'm going with Sicilian.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:38 PM
I'm going with Sicilian.

That's exactly who it is.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm going with Sicilian.

Where does he pass to you?

I personally could see all of the following: central-south Italy, southern Greece and Aegean islands, Spain, Sardinia, Cyprus, coastal North African.

I am unsure about north Italy and France. And he doesn't strike me as Portuguese (yes, there is a difference to Spain and I can't put it into words but I could see him as Spanish but not really Portuguese).

AK-47
02-21-2018, 10:18 PM
Where does he pass to you?

I personally could see all of the following: central-south Italy, southern Greece and Aegean islands, Spain, Sardinia, Cyprus, coastal North African.

I am unsure about north Italy and France. And he doesn't strike me as Portuguese (yes, there is a difference to Spain and I can't put it into words but I could see him as Spanish but not really Portuguese).
He exudes a Sicilian vibe, can pass in Spain and Portugal, more so in Spain.
I see him as strongly Sicilian/Southern Italian.
Regionally he can pass in the Peloponnese, Messenia, Elis.
North Africa for sure.
Sicilians have a strong North African component.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 10:26 PM
He exudes a Sicilian vibe, can pass in Spain and Portugal, more so in Spain.
I see him as strongly Sicilian/Southern Italian.
Regionally he can pass in the Peloponnese, Messenia, Elis.
North Africa for sure.
Sicilians have a strong North African component.

I think that the eastern side of the Peloponnese (Tsakonia, Laconia, Corinth facing toward the Aegean) look more Sicilian than do Messinia or Elis. The western and northern Peloponnese looks more phenotypically Albanian/Arvanite to me.

I think this Sicilian woman (also from the Godfather) looks Peloponnesian: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?236227-Reclassify-Sicilian-American-from-the-Godfather-movies-Morgana-King

I think she looks like Irene Papas, a classic Greek actress from the Peloponnese.

AK-47
02-21-2018, 11:29 PM
I think that the eastern side of the Peloponnese (Tsakonia, Laconia, Corinth facing toward the Aegean) look more Sicilian than do Messinia or Elis. The western and northern Peloponnese looks more phenotypically Albanian/Arvanite to me.

I think this Sicilian woman (also from the Godfather) looks Peloponnesian: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?236227-Reclassify-Sicilian-American-from-the-Godfather-movies-Morgana-King

I think she looks like Irene Papas, a classic Greek actress from the Peloponnese.
In my opinion the Genetics of residents in Messenia, Elis, Achaea, Corinthia, share the closest genetics and phenotypes to Sicilians.

Agreed
http://fanpagepress.net/m/M/Morgana-King-sexy-0.jpg
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/KKJ181/irene-papas-1956-KKJ181.jpg

Scar
02-21-2018, 11:38 PM
He looks South American/Cuban etc to me

he could pass in India and Iran.

I don't think he is Med, he seems mostly Nordo-Alpo, mostly Nordoid but through Alpine admixture

I can see Dinariomorphism, but can you point towards expert professional plates of individuals classified as Dinarids who resemble him?

the Nordoid/proto Nordoid tendency he has along with the rather slight Dinariomorphism makes him look Iranid

I would consider him an older(archaic), less refined European Caucasoid

Are you a troll?

This man looks like a Med, what he is it seems. Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, North Africa.

Sikeliot
02-21-2018, 11:57 PM
In my opinion the Genetics of residents in Messenia, Elis, Achaea, Corinthia, share the closest genetics and phenotypes to Sicilians.

Phenotypically they are close, but genetically there is a difference. The difference is less when you look at the eastern side of the Peloponnese (Tsakonia, Laconia, Arcadia) genetically.

Messinia and Elis are genetically closer to Albania. The regions with less foreign input (Mani, Tsakonia) are closer to Sicilians because of their connections to Crete (which is really probably the closest place to Sicilian genetics) and because they have not mixed with non-Greeks at all over the last 1000 years.

But yes, Morgana King looks a lot like Irene Papas (who is Corinthian, actually). Papas played a Cretan villager in Zorba the Greek who was stoned to death for having premarital sex.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 12:04 AM
stoned to death for having premarital sex.

Stoning someone to death for that is a little extreme, but I wouldn't be against legally punishing people for premarital sex. A $250 fine is probably a fair punishment.

Also, I think this guy is from the Godfather movie, and I love that movie.

Kouros
02-22-2018, 12:04 AM
Irene Papas is half Albanian, guy in OP just looks Italian and I don't think he could pass in any other country as typical. Just my 2 cents.

Sikeliot
02-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Irene Papas is half Albanian.

Seriously? Do you have documented proof of this? I thought she is fully Greek.

Bobby Martnen
02-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Irene Papas is half Albanian, guy in OP just looks Italian and I don't think he could pass in any other country as typical. Just my 2 cents.

OP guy looks like a mafioso

Kouros
02-22-2018, 12:12 AM

Papas was born as Irini Lelekou (Ειρήνη Λελέκου) in Chiliomodi, outside Corinth, Greece. Her Greek mother was a schoolteacher, and her father taught classical drama. She was educated at the Royal School of Dramatic Art in Athens, taking classes in dance and singing. She serves on the board of directors of the Anna-Marie Foundation. She stated in an interview that her father was of Albanian descent.

She could pass easily as both Albanian and Greek. Beautiful actress.

Kouros
02-22-2018, 12:15 AM

Nevermind. She is probably fully Greek. That Albanian article source is LARP clickbait and I doubt the interview is even real.

Sikeliot
02-22-2018, 12:15 AM
She could pass easily as both Albanian and Greek. Beautiful actress.

Does she mean from Albania directly or does she mean Arvanite? I have seen Lelekis as a surname among Rhodians and I never thought it was Albanian.

Do you think the Sicilian woman passed as Greek? I thought they look similar.

KingOf
02-22-2018, 12:22 AM

She is fully Greek. The 'proof' exists only on propaganda sites. You can find her saying i'm Albanian by googling in English and there is not a single source of that saying by googling in Greek.

Kouros
02-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Does she mean from Albania directly or does she mean Arvanite? I have seen Lelekis as a surname among Rhodians and I never thought it was Albanian.

See my comment above. There's no proof of her ever saying she is Albanian or even 'possibly Albanian'. It's just another dumb made up Albanian article, everybody they like is Albanian to them...

KingOf
02-22-2018, 12:27 AM

About the surname it is of Turkish origin from word leylek...
From north to south East Aegean islands can have Turkish origin surnames but there is a posibility the man is an Asia Minor Greek instead

FilhoV
02-22-2018, 02:13 AM
Mediterranean basin

Tauromachos
02-22-2018, 02:19 AM
In Hollywood

Odin
02-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Dinaro-Med. Pass in Southern Europe.