PDA

View Full Version : ARE ROMANIAN SLAVS?

A_Magnus7
02-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Why most of people think that Romanian aren’t slavs? Well I know they speak a Romance language but hell slav influences in Romanian are high lol and few people know that Romanian before 1860 used to write their language in Cyrillic, the Romanian Cyrillic.
I know also Romanian are proud Dacians and one their idol is Traian the Roman emperor who conquered Dacia, so yeah they don’t feel all that pan-slavism like Ukraine or Serbia for example but also genetically they look also slav lol they’re different type of slav, you can see that yeah but they still have many slav blood in their veins.

Carpatz
02-22-2018, 08:27 PM
Church slavonic was used by the medieval Romanian church, similar to how latin was used in Catholic countries. Literacy was mostly confined to the church back then, so it's logical that Cyrillic would be used as the alphabet. When most of your neighbors are slavic nations, it's normal that you would get gene flow from them. Romanians have a significant slavic influence, but no, they are not slavs.

A_Magnus7
02-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Church slavonic was used by the medieval church, similar to how latin was used in Catholic countries. Literacy was mostly confined to the church back then, so it's logical that Cyrillic would be used. When most of your neighbors are slavic nations, it's normal that you would get gene flow from them. Romanians have a significant slavic influence, but no, they are not slavs.

Yeah literally what I think too :D

Decius
02-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Genetically they are basically South Slavs

Moje ime
02-22-2018, 08:48 PM
They are partially of Slavic origin but they don't speak Slavic language so that makes them no Slavs. Similar for Hungarians.

Dick
02-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Nope.

Vožd
02-22-2018, 08:52 PM
:D

Jana
02-22-2018, 08:52 PM
They are partially of Slavic origin but they don't speak Slavic language so that makes them no Slavs. Similar for Hungarians.

This.