PDA

View Full Version : One in eight French women say they have been raped, finds study

wvwvw
02-27-2018, 03:43 AM
One in eight French women say they have been raped, finds study
Four million women said they had been victims of penetrative sexual violence – roughly 12 per cent of country's female population

Lucy Pasha-Robinson @lucypasha Friday 23 February 2018 19:58 GMT

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_medium/public/thumbnails/image/2016/11/08/10/gettyimages-621635436.jpg
A woman carries a sign reading 'Respect Me' during a demonstration for equal pay between men and women on November 7, 2016, at Place de la Republique in Paris Thomas Samson/AFP/Getty Images
One in eight women in France have been raped at least once in their lifetime, a new report suggests.

Four million women have been victims of penetrative sexual violence – roughly 12 per cent of the country’s female population – according to a study by Paris-based think tank Fondation Jean Jaurès.

More than half (58 per cent) said they had suffered inappropriate behaviour, with 43 per cent claiming they had been touched without their consent.

Researchers said they felt compelled to conduct the study to gain a better understanding of the prevalence of sexual misconduct in French society – and measure its effects on victims’ health. They believe the problem has become a ”major public health issue”.

The study also revealed the majority of women surveyed had been affected multiple times and by different types of harassment.

The disturbing figures are revealed amid a global crackdown on the sexual assault and harassment of women and girls.

In France, the “Balance Ton Porc“ (rat on your pig) movement has gained widespread traction, with women across the country taking to social media to share their experiences.

It emerged in the aftermath of the Harvey Weinstein scandal and the Me Too movement in the US and other countries.

France’s culture minister, Marlène Schiappa, has been vocal in her support of both campaigns.

She has called for on the spot fines of €5,000 (£4,300) to be handed to harassers.

“In France, if a woman is sexually assaulted, her first thought is, ‘Now I’m dirty and no one will ever want to marry me’ – the social responsibility of the victim,” she told The Guardian. “Twenty euros would be a bit humiliating, €5,000 would be more of a deterrent. At the moment, many men are saying, ‘It’s not a big deal, we’re only having fun.’ And we say, ‘No.’”

Researchers surveyed 2,167 women over the age of 18 online between 6 and 16 February 2018.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/french-women-rape-france-sexual-violence-study-metoo-balance-ton-porc-a8225711.html

sean
01-31-2023, 08:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fSOPORR.jpg

Colonel Frank Grimes
01-31-2023, 09:12 PM
I find the number suspicious. There seems to be value now in being a victim.

When #metoo was kicking off, I saw a video of one of Weinstein's 'victims.' Her interaction was filmed without him being aware. She was trying to convince him to jump on board some social media thing that promoted films. He - being the disgusting perv that he is - listened and then said something like, 'Come on, gimme some.' She apparently 'gave him some.' The understanding is if they have sex, he'll buy whatever nonsense she's selling. The woman claimed it was rape. While this is unethical, it's not rape. Even that chick from the show Charm was later all like, 'I'm not sure if I was raped...' If you have to wonder if you were raped, then you clearly weren't raped.

There is currently some chick getting attention I never heard of before who claimed she was sex trafficked (but apparently hadn't been) now claiming she was sex trafficked on twitter, which doesn't make any sense, but as she explains 'sex traffickers' are using her photos on fake profiles on twitter and elsewhere and this in her mind is sex trafficking.

Some people's definition of rape is just all over the place and so I'm a bit wary when I see something like '1 in 8 women say they were raped.'

sanhadji
02-14-2023, 07:34 PM
I find the number suspicious. There seems to be value now in being a victim.

When #metoo was kicking off, I saw a video of one of Weinstein's 'victims.' Her interaction was filmed without him being aware. She was trying to convince him to jump on board some social media thing that promoted films. He - being the disgusting perv that he is - listened and then said something like, 'Come on, gimme some.' She apparently 'gave him some.' The understanding is if they have sex, he'll buy whatever nonsense she's selling. The woman claimed it was rape. While this is unethical, it's not rape. Even that chick from the show Charm was later all like, 'I'm not sure if I was raped...' If you have to wonder if you were raped, then you clearly weren't raped.

There is currently some chick getting attention I never heard of before who claimed she was sex trafficked (but apparently hadn't been) now claiming she was sex trafficked on twitter, which doesn't make any sense, but as she explains 'sex traffickers' are using her photos on fake profiles on twitter and elsewhere and this in her mind is sex trafficking.

Some people's definition of rape is just all over the place and so I'm a bit wary when I see something like '1 in 8 women say they were raped.'

That's not true the poster is biased

New brother
02-15-2023, 11:38 AM
Muslins.

Marshall Theodore
02-15-2023, 01:21 PM
That's not true the poster is biased

Lulz