PDA

View Full Version : spiritual characteristics, values and principles

Vigilance
03-01-2018, 05:09 AM
the ability to intensely concentrate on something, which might be owing to the "power of the soul"

Vigilance
03-01-2018, 06:05 AM
really, really, struggling to feel the presence of God, consummates the relationship with God, "penetrating into the Divine", everything else is in a way, just on the surface and kind of pointless

a bad but almost parallel metaphor is like being with a woman and having intercourse with her, the intercourse is the ultimate act

I mean think about the major world religions and its followers, they are part of the group, they listen to theological discourses and sermons but they are really not the same level as the priests, the priest really can only function as the priest because he himself has a closer contact to the Divine

when the priest is talking, they really cannot understand it on a deeper level because they CANNOT RELATE to it

Vigilance
03-01-2018, 06:38 AM
the inspiration to connect to the Divine, and remain in a state of perceiving His Holy Presence, come's from self inspiration and exertion, which reflects the will of the person, and the power of the soul

it comes from trying again repeatedly in spite of failure/determination, persistence

if someone has the ability to achieve this, he could virtually achieve anything else

Vigilance
03-04-2018, 05:54 PM
sometimes when try to perform something, you suck at it initially, the same can be applied to prayer, just because you sucked at it initially doesn't mean you should feel dejected

Vigilance
03-04-2018, 07:50 PM
O Soul, what part of me neglects the Lord? indeed that part of me that refuses to bow down to Him is despicable, may that other part of me that overpowers this part triumphantly!

Vigilance
07-27-2018, 04:36 PM
You must fixate intensely on why you abandoned prayer. That's the only way of returning to it.