PDA

View Full Version : A parents letter of protest.

Beorn
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I found out today that my daughter is having a black history week. She has already been learning about Martin Luther King and I think Barack Hussein Obama is next up tomorrow.

So, I have written a letter. See what you think. I am looking for any opinions on what should be added, deleted or general ideas.

To whom it concerns,

It has been brought to my attention that my daughter, ----- , has been involved in the "celebration" of a racially discriminating and racially motivated activity week: Black History Week.

I feel absolutely devastated that my child is being educated in such a racially divisive and politically motivated manner. Would you happily educate our children in a 'white history week'?
I vehemently despise this activity and would kindly request that my child is removed from the class at the part of the day in which the class is being taught how to celebrate this week. If this method of exclusion is unsuitable and would disturb the class, then I formally give notice of my child not attending the rest of the week due to parent protest.

I am angered already that my daughter has been searching for the known Communist sympathiser, sexual pervert, racist, plagiarizer, false Christian preacher; Martin Luther King, or, Michael King as he is legally known. It is not a character I wish for my child to be learning about unless under strict parental supervision in order to guide her through the political redtape and downright lies surrounding this historical fraud.

I can only envisage the next person to be "celebrated" during this week. Would it be Nelson Mandela? Perhaps it could be taught about his involvement in terrorism and the healthy aspect of all such international statesmen in having people killed by the process of 'necklacing'.

Sadly I cannot hand this letter in personally as I have to work, but my partner, ----- , is instructed to await a response from ----- school regarding her class exclusion or possible week long absence.

Many warm regards,

The Ripper
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
You rock, good sir. Now don't let us go without hearing the response!

Lithium
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
You are in your right to be able to choose what is appropriate for your daughter to learn, so I support you!

Beorn
02-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Quite an anti-climax in general. My daughter's school is very good and I haven't a bad word to say against them. They really do cater towards the local community and make go out of their way to ensure the community is always first....but God damn I was wanting a few 'huffs and puffs.' :D

I received a letter that very day which said it would do everything I said, and actually thanked me for expressing my opinions.

So there we go. One more letter with a result under my belt. If only more would do so, then perhaps the correct educational authority would have to take notice.

A dream...wait! I have a dream! ;)

Wyn
02-09-2011, 04:28 PM
I received a letter that very day which said it would do everything I said, and actually thanked me for expressing my opinions.

They were probably scared you'd turn up at the school piss drunk with a bat or something. ;)

CelticTemplar
02-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I would have left out the part about Martin King being a pervert, communist, ect. But other than that, very good show my friend.

Osweo
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Necklacing, followed by that incongruent 'warm regards' probably did the trick, Beornie... ;)

Well done! A shame we couldn't organise similar from a few MORE of the parents, perhaps a letter to the paper and the MP.