PDA

View Full Version : Help with losing weight

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:30 AM
I don't know where else to post this, but this seems like the appropriate forum. I'm having a hard time losing weight.
For starters:
- I exercise 3x a week for 20 - 30 minutes. Group exercises.
- I also walk half an hour 5x a week.
- I know I lose about 2000 calories a day
- I know I eat about 1300 calories a day
- I don't eat past 8, but on most days it's 6 pm
- I sleep about 8 hours a day
- I am not a habitual smoker or drinker
- I don't like sweets so I don't eat them or drink sodas
- I eat out once a week
- I'm in my late 30's.
- My BMI is 25

Despite my efforts, I have gained weight. I don't understand why. Even if I were gaining muscle, I'm not losing fat. I know this because I haven't lost any inches or sizes.If anything, I seem to be gaining inches.

I've kept up this schedule for three years, with only a few months of no work in between because of injury or despair.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 02:32 AM
I don't know where else to post this, but this seems like the appropriate forum. I'm having a hard time losing weight.
For starters:
- I eat out once a week
- I'm in my late 30's.
- My BMI is 25

Despite my efforts, I have gained weight. I don't understand why. Even if I were gaining muscle, I'm not losing fat. I know this because I haven't lost any inches or sizes.If anything, I seem to be gaining inches.

I've kept up this schedule for three years, with only a few months of no work in between because of injury or despair.

Do you have children? I've heard that can cause weight gain.

I'm trying to lose weight myself lol

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:34 AM
Do you have children? I've heard that can cause weight gain.

I'm trying to lose weight myself lol

Yes, and I had a baby three years ago. I lost the weight initially, but then my weight spiked back up in one month. I don't understand why!

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 02:36 AM
Yes, and I had a baby three years ago. I lost the weight initially, but then my weight spiked back up in one month. I don't understand why!

I've heard that raising babies can be stressful. I'd like to have them as soon as a graduate college, but not before.

I was 255 lbs junior year of high school, got down to 190 for graduation, went up to 235 during freshman year of college, now I'm like 220.

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:48 AM
I've heard that raising babies can be stressful. I'd like to have them as soon as a graduate college, but not before.

I was 255 lbs junior year of high school, got down to 190 for graduation, went up to 235 during freshman year of college, now I'm like 220.

It's hard to lose weight when you're in college. I know that I had a hard time in college too. I think that you should stay away from beer, soda. When I was your age, I noticed my weight creep up while I was in college and I managed to hold it back doing that. I have had experience with this, and success, which is why I'm so confused about what's happening now.

Hulu
03-05-2018, 02:50 AM
You should check out Mary's thread "How to be a skinny bitch"

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 02:51 AM
It's hard to lose weight when you're in college. I know that I had a hard time in college too. I think that you should stay away from beer, soda. When I was your age, I noticed my weight creep up while I was in college and I managed to hold it back doing that. I have had experience with this, and success, which is why I'm so confused about what's happening now.

I rarely drink alcohol, but I drink like 10-12 cans of diet soda every day.

Hulu
03-05-2018, 02:52 AM
I lost weight in college cause I couldn't eat the crappy cafeteria food.

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:53 AM
I rarely drink alcohol, but I drink like 10-12 cans of diet soda every day.

That's it! Diet soda may not have calories, but it spikes your insulin just the same. it's the insulin spike which causes weight gain. I do drink diet soda once in a while. I should probably stop.

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:54 AM
You should check out Mary's thread "How to be a skinny bitch"

I hate her though. She runs her mouth and goes on about how she is the ideal woman and all that. I have actually read her thread, and i do much of what she says already.

Jägerstaffel
03-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Eat less. Exercise.

I'm naturally thin though so I can't really help. I drink and have terrible sleeping habits and I'm still in great shape. Sorry for your luck.

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 02:56 AM
That's it! Diet soda may not have calories, but it spikes your insulin just the same. it's the insulin spike which causes weight gain. I do drink diet soda once in a while. I should probably stop.

I haven't gained any this year - I gained last year cause I was always ordering Domino's cause my stoner roommates had the munchies at night.

He would also play some ESPN sports game on his playstation at night with the sound really loud.

The weirdest thing about it: He always had the announcer/narration for the game in Spanish, even though he didn't speak Spanish and failed out of Spanish class twice. (His grandparents are from Mexico)

Morena
03-05-2018, 02:57 AM
Eat less. Exercise.

I'm naturally thin though so I can't really help. I drink and have terrible sleeping habits and I'm still in great shape. Sorry for your luck.

Did you read what I wrote? I already do that. -_-' Maybe I should quit grains and bread?

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Did you read what I wrote? I already do that. -_-' Maybe I should quit grains and bread?

Go on the Bobby Martnen diet!

Diet Coke, Monster Energy, Menthol cigarettes, and Girl Scout Cookies!

Morena
03-05-2018, 03:13 AM

haha. maybe I will. ;)

-Invictus-
08-24-2018, 10:20 AM
Here's my reply from Bobby Martnen's thread. I hope it helps you :) Also I would like to add that walking burns almost no calories. Walking is healthy, but sprinting is the king of fat burn. Jogging can burn fat too, but it's way less effective.

Try low carb, moderate protein and high fats diet, intermittent fasting and do sprinting and full body exercises. Drink much water to speed up your metabolism. You can also start your day with half or whole lemon squeezed in a glass of water. It is considered that the lemon gives extra boost to the metabolism.

American foods are full of carbohydrates and that's why the US is the fattest nation. Every time a person eats high carbohydrate foods his insulin levels spike up and when insulin levels are high, fat burn is slowed down. Basically, if someone wants to become fat he should eat high carb foods in short intervals. In ancient times people didn't have access to that amount of carbohydrates and the cravings that we have for them are because carbs were a very precious resource when we evolved. Today you can go to the store and buy as many breads and fruits as you want, but 10k years ago fruits were wild and not that sugary and every kind of fruit was available for less than a month until the next year. Excess protein can also end up in the fat storage though and that's why it should be eaten in moderation. Eating more fats for weight loss sounds like a contradiction because of the name "fat", but it actually makes sense. Here's an article on that topic https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...re-weight.html

My experience with low carb + intermittent fasting made me lose 5 kilograms for ~4 weeks, even though I started it to treat acne( it definitely helped ) and didn't want to lose weight. Also you don't need to starve yourself or reach ketosis by eating extremely low amount of carbs . From what I've read, you need to go under 30g of carbs a day to reach ketosis. Some say that ketosis is miracle and makes them feel energetic and others say it's shit and made them feel drained. I'm sure I've never went below 30g a day and still lost a good amount of weight. Also if you want to try it, don't go from 300g to 30g in one day. Your body will be like "WTF?! Where are my carbohydrates??" and will give you "low carb flu". The "flu" can be "cured" with good hydration and small amount of salt.

oszkar07
08-24-2018, 10:38 AM

how tall are you ?
if your like 6.3 or something then depending on your build in the case of being 100kg which i think is what you are , if your really tall may not be too much overweight but still overweight.
But if your anywhere below 5.10 in height then you probably are quite overweight.

Daco Celtic
03-09-2019, 11:06 PM
All I'm saying is "think about it" folks.

https://youtu.be/INfEyMvb2-E

Insuperable
03-09-2019, 11:11 PM
I don't know what you are eating, but those exercises you listed are nothing.

Ice
03-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Running is good, fighting is better but fucking is best.

Ayetooey
03-09-2019, 11:14 PM

lmao

Morena
03-10-2019, 01:28 AM
Here's my reply from Bobby Martnen's thread. I hope it helps you :) Also I would like to add that walking burns almost no calories. Walking is healthy, but sprinting is the king of fat burn. Jogging can burn fat too, but it's way less effective.
I lose almost 300 calories every time I walk because I'm going up hill and walking very fast. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I would lose on average 2200 cal. a day and eat about 1600 cals a day, and I still didn't lose weight throughout the year.

I know about the diet stuff you said, and I know it works (see my comment below) but my husband seriously refuses to help me. He is sabotaging my diet by pressuring me to eat bad foods. He buys all sorts of junk foods and then guilt trips me into eating them. I'm not joking about this. I will tell him "i dont' want it," and he'll still serve it to me. He buys like cookies, chips, diet soda, and other items.
I won't touch them, and he'll ask, "Why haven't you eaten X?" I'll say, "because I'm trying to lose weight." Then he says, "well, I bought them for you. I think you like them. You exercise all the time." Blah blah blah. It doesn't change anything. I'm starting to resent it.

I don't know what you are eating, but those exercises you listed are nothing.

Weight loss is like 75% diet and and 25% exercise. My mother lost a ton of weight and pretty much cured her type II diabetes (as in she no longer needs shots) following Invictus' diet. Her only exercise is a stroll she takes twice a day up and down her neighborhood. The road is flat and she doesn't run or even walk fast. I'm not looking to get ripped.

Borealis
03-10-2019, 01:41 AM
Do you lift?

Morena
03-10-2019, 03:01 AM
Do you lift?

No. I don't go to the gym and lift. I use 5 lbs weights for my arms and also while I do squats and other leg exercises.

Borealis
03-10-2019, 03:03 AM
No. I don't go to the gym and lift. I use 5 lbs weights for my arms and also while I do squats and other leg exercises.

You probably should do that a bit, it helps. Also maybe go to the doctor and see if you have some other condition that's affecting you.

Morena
03-10-2019, 03:06 AM
You probably should do that a bit, it helps. Also maybe go to the doctor and see if you have some other condition that's affecting you.

You are right. If I lived around my mother, it would be easier. She could watch the kids while I go to the gym and whatnot. I have no one here to help me. We have one car. We don't have much money to spend. I have medical bills. >.<

I know what my problem is. My problem is middle age + bad high-carb diet and my husband not helping me in the slightest.

Borealis
03-10-2019, 03:10 AM
You are right. If I lived around my mother, it would be easier. She could watch the kids while I go to the gym and whatnot. I have no one here to help me. We have one car. We don't have much money to spend. I have medical bills. >.<

I know what my problem is. My problem is middle age + bad high-carb diet and my husband not helping me in the slightest.

That's bizarre, oftentimes the husband is the one pressuring his wife to get in shape, but I know how you feel. My parents bring home sweets often and insist I eat it, along with the decently healthy but calorie loaded food that they cook. The food I can ignore, cause I dont even like the taste usually but sugar is my weakness

Morena
03-10-2019, 03:16 AM
That's bizarre, oftentimes the husband is the one pressuring his wife to get in shape, but I know how you feel. My parents bring home sweets often and insist I eat it, along with the decently healthy but calorie loaded food that they cook. The food I can ignore, cause I dont even like the taste usually but sugar is my weakness

You don't say. I wonder about it too. He claims he doesn't like fat women. When I tell him how horrible I feel about myself and how I feel like a spinning top, he says, "who are you trying to impress?" I think he is blinded by love but also jealous. He figures if he keeps me a little chubby, no one else will look at me or try to steal me away. I'm going to be 38 soon, though. Little chance of that happening anyway. -_-'
I was a size 8/10 when we married, and a size 8/10 three years ago. I lost all the weight I gained after my son was born. I felt great. A year later, I started to balloon. Now, I'm a size 14/16! I just had to buy some clothes because all my other clothes were getting too tight and are starting to look ill fitting.

Borealis
03-10-2019, 03:23 AM
You don't say. I wonder about it too. He claims he doesn't like fat women. When I tell him how horrible I feel about myself and how I feel like a spinning top, he says, "who are you trying to impress?" I think he is blinded by love but also jealous. He figures if he keeps me a little chubby, no one else will look at me or try to steal me away. I'm going to be 38 soon, though. Little chance of that happening anyway. -_-'
I was a size 8/10 when we married, and a size 8/10 three years ago. I lost all the weight I gained after my son was born. I felt great. A year later, I started to balloon. Now, I'm a size 14/16! I just had to buy some clothes because all my other clothes were getting too tight and are starting to look ill fitting.

Man that's the worst feeling isn't it, when you get so big that your old clothes don't fit you. To be fair, for me the opposite is also kind of a pain in the ass, when I get so small that my clothes start to get loose. I have to look for new ones+it means I probably look like a scrawny fuck(I want to look big, but lean). Anyway if you were able to do it before then you can do it again and maintain it, are you doing anything differently this time around?

Ice
03-10-2019, 03:24 AM
Eat more fish. Use more olive oil/pepper in your food. Drink at least 3 liter per water. Oats and eggs are your friend.

Stay away from bread,pasta,junk food/drink.

♥ Lily ♥
03-10-2019, 03:37 AM
Eat more fish. Use more olive oil/pepper in your food. Drink at least 3 liter per water. Oats and eggs are your friend.

Olive oil is very high in calories, so this dressing should be used lightly. Eggs are high in cholesterol so shouldn't be overly consumed.

The amount of water a person requires depends on various factors such as gender/age/activity/season, etc, but usually between 1.5 - 2 litres per day is recommended by experts. Water flushes out toxins, but an excessive amount of water will cause bloating.

Small sips of water is recommended during exercise and it's important to keep the body hydrated. Scientists have found that a lot of people mistake thirst for hunger. When they drink a glass of water, they then find they don't feel hungry anymore.

Water should be avoided with main meals as it can cause bloating and interfere with the digestive acids. Salt should also never be added to foods as there's enough salts already present in most foods.

A small amount of something acidic before eating (such a small glass of unconcentrated and organic fruit juice - sipped with a straw to protect the teeth from the high acid and high sugar levels of fruit,) will help to aid digestion, along with chewing slowly and maintaining a correct posture whilst eating. This well assist with good digestion. Experts recommended chewing slowly 50 times during the first mouthful of food and before swallowing to get the digestive acids working. It will also help to prevent indigestion and heartburn that people get when they eat too fast.

Pasta and rice are sources of carbs. Carbs are a vital nutrient which all humans require. A lack of fibre is linked to bowel cancer. It's only when pasta is drenched in olive oil or cheese or sauces that it becomes high in calories.

Most breads contain a lot of salt and a raising agent that causes bloating in the stomach. Steamed brown rice is a healthy source of carbs. The Chinese and Japanese usually have rice in their diets.

Processed foods and takeaway foods often contains loads of calories.

The key is also moderation and a balance of daily nutrients, combined with lots of regular daily exercise. Peoples metabolism slows with age, so if they were able to eat a lot more and be slimmer when they were young, they have to be more careful and cautious what they eat later in life.

Probiotics and natural yoghurt helps with smooth digestion as well as boosting the immune system.

Ice
03-10-2019, 03:47 AM
Olive oil is very high in calories, so this dressing should be used lightly. Eggs are high in cholesterol so shouldn't be overly consumed.

The amount of water a person requires depends on various factors, but usally 2 litres per day is recommended by experts. Too much water will cause bloating.

Water should be avoided with meals as it can cause bloating and interfere with the digestive acids. Salt should also never be added to foods as there's enough salts already present in most foods.

A small amount of something acidic before eating (such a small glass of unconcentrated and organic fruit juice - sipped with a straw to protect the teeth from the high acid and high sugar levels of fruit,) will help to aid digestion, along with chewing slowly and maintaining a correct posture whilst eating. This well help good digestion. Experts recommended chewing slowly 50 times during the first mouthful of food and before swallowing to get the digetive acids working.

Pasta and rice are source of carbs. Carbs are a vital nutrient which all humans require. A lack of fibre is linked to bowel cancer. It's only when pasta is drenched in olive oil or cheese or sauces that it becomes high in calories.

The key is also moderation and a balance of daily nutrients, combined with lots of regular daily exercise. Peoples metabolism slows with age, so if they were able to eat a lot more and be slimmer when they were young, they have to be more careful and cautious what they eat later in life.

Probiotics and natural yoghurt helps with smooth digestion as well as boosting the immune system.

well it works for me..

i can lose 3 to 5kg in a week if i follow the diet i have mentioned. not sure if it works for everybody..

Morena
03-10-2019, 03:56 AM
Man that's the worst feeling isn't it, when you get so big that your old clothes don't fit you. To be fair, for me the opposite is also kind of a pain in the ass, when I get so small that my clothes start to get loose. I have to look for new ones+it means I probably look like a scrawny fuck(I want to look big, but lean). Anyway if you were able to do it before then you can do it again and maintain it, are you doing anything differently this time around?
I'm older. When people get older, losing weight is much harder. You have to be stricter about things. Goodwill is my friend. I got a bunch fo pants and skirts. I walked in the house and grimly announced I was a size 14/16 now. He promptly made me strawberry milk and made me drink it.

Thank you. Fish is too expensive so we stay away from it. I eat a lot of chicken. We use olive oil to cook and I like pepper. ^_^

I've cut way back from breads and junk food. But if you can believe it, my husband constantly tries to get me to eat those foods. Like today, for example. He asked me if I was hungry. I said no. He said he was going to make a sandwich and asked me if I wanted some. I said no, I wasn't hungry. He makes a sandwich, and then serves me half. I eat it because I feel obligated to do so. This scenario plays out in the home almost once, if not twice a day.

The amount of water a person requires depends on various factors such as gender/age/activity/season, etc, but usually between 1.5 - 2 litres per day is recommended by experts. Water flushes out toxins, but an excessive amount of water will cause bloating.

Water should be avoided with meals as it can cause bloating and interfere with the digestive acids. Salt should also never be added to foods as there's enough salts already present in most foods.

A small amount of something acidic before eating (such a small glass of unconcentrated and organic fruit juice - sipped with a straw to protect the teeth from the high acid and high sugar levels of fruit,) will help to aid digestion, along with chewing slowly and maintaining a correct posture whilst eating. This well help good digestion. Experts recommended chewing slowly 50 times during the first mouthful of food and before swallowing to get the digetive acids working.

Pasta and rice are source of carbs. Carbs are a vital nutrient which all humans require. A lack of fibre is linked to bowel cancer. It's only when pasta is drenched in olive oil or cheese or sauces that it becomes high in calories.

Most breads contain a lot of salt and a raising agent that causes bloating in the stomach. Steamed brown rice is a healthy source of carbs. The Chinese and Japanese usually have rice in their diets.

Thanks. I drink a little Kefir (not a lot because of calories -no more than a cup) or Kabucha tea on occasion to help with the protobiotics. One thing to remember is that genetics play a big role on how food is digested and processed. I know that breads, rice and legumes are poison to our family. We cannot lose weight if we eat them, especially after reaching a certain age.

Purohit ji
03-10-2019, 04:01 AM
Check your thyroid

Rædwald
03-10-2019, 04:21 AM
Cocaine will do the trick :rolleyes:

Morena
03-10-2019, 04:29 AM
Cocaine will do the trick :rolleyes:

Haha. My nose is ugly enough. No need to make it worse. ;)

♥ Lily ♥
03-10-2019, 06:20 AM
I'm sceptical of people who say to avoid carbs.

Health experts state the importance of carbs:https://www.sharecare.com/health/carbohydrate-body-impact/body-need-carbohydrates

Researchers from the elite Imperial College London university state that a lack of fibre is linked to bowel cancer. Eating more whole grains can reduce the risk: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15674998

You burn calories off through vigorous exercise. (Daily walking, jogging, cycling, gym, aerobic exercise, etc.)

dosas
03-10-2019, 07:14 AM
Cabbage soup diet. Up to 15kgs a month.

You enter keto and stay in it because the cabbage and veg don't provide enough carbs to kick you out of it, or if they do it's for a short period. You also get a lot of fiber to push crap out and stay hydrated. But it requires a lot of willpower and you probably shouldn't exercise rigorously while doing it.

Mortimer
03-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Basically you need to consume less calories then you burn. Hypothetically you dont even need to excersise but it helps. You burn calories while you sleep or write on the PC too so if you dont eat much calories you should lose weight. I dont know why despite your efforts you gain weight, I cannot help but something is wrong there and I would recommend that you check your blood, hormones and thyroid. Thyroid problems can make you gain weight.

cass
03-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Maybe stress factor or still too much calories.
Switch one meal into vegetables only. Cut off most fruits, juices, alcohol, pork. Not to mention fast food.

Mopi Licinius Crassus
03-10-2019, 07:44 AM
best way to lose weight is high intensity interval training, and weight training

also whilst doing excercise, do it on an empty stomach

your body instead of using sugars or carbs as fuel, will use body fat instead

cass
03-10-2019, 07:54 AM
best way to lose weight is high intensity interval training, and weight training

also whilst doing excercise, do it on an empty stomach

your body instead of using sugars or carbs as fuel, will use body fat instead

Visceral fat is mostly resistant for interval. That's why training should be combined with simple diet and caloric deficyt.

Prinses
03-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Track what you eat on a daily basis in an app like MyFitnessPall for insight what you eat. Changing what you eat is the most effective way to lose weight and you already mention that you do exercises. What also helps is to drink water like 15 minutes or something before you’re going to eat because it will make you feel fuller. Sometimes the hunger is associated with lack of water.

Not a Cop
03-10-2019, 09:15 AM
I'm older. When people get older, losing weight is much harder. You have to be stricter about things. Goodwill is my friend. I got a bunch fo pants and skirts. I walked in the house and grimly announced I was a size 14/16 now. He promptly made me strawberry milk and made me drink it.

Thank you. Fish is too expensive so we stay away from it. I eat a lot of chicken. We use olive oil to cook and I like pepper. ^_^

I've cut way back from breads and junk food. But if you can believe it, my husband constantly tries to get me to eat those foods. Like today, for example. He asked me if I was hungry. I said no. He said he was going to make a sandwich and asked me if I wanted some. I said no, I wasn't hungry. He makes a sandwich, and then serves me half. I eat it because I feel obligated to do so. This scenario plays out in the home almost once, if not twice a day.

Thanks. I drink a little Kefir (not a lot because of calories -no more than a cup) or Kabucha tea on occasion to help with the protobiotics. One thing to remember is that genetics play a big role on how food is digested and processed. I know that breads, rice and legumes are poison to our family. We cannot lose weight if we eat them, especially after reaching a certain age.

Not shure about your husband, it seems to be a complex issue.

However about losing weight i can note that

a) your age is not yet high enough to significantly downgrade your abilities to lose weight, anyway age is not much of an issue, as my grandad says there were no fat people in Auschwitz (he actually saw a lot of survivors)

b) i would reccomend you to change your diet to home produced foods, prefferably from "eco" sourses, just compare amish people to average murrican and you'll see the difference.

c) as for your workout it's clearly not enough, considering that you don't have enough muscles to burn energy trough power exercise i would reccomend you to switch to endurance exercising as running, jogging, swimming, canoeing maybe, do it atleast for 2 hours 3 times a week. Audiobooks, podcasts etc can help you kill the time during it. What you are doing now is not an excersice per se.

As for myself i've gone from 98 to 82 kilos in two months by working as a waiter, but i guess it's not really an option for you now.

Insuperable
03-10-2019, 03:49 PM
IWeight loss is like 75% diet and and 25% exercise. My mother lost a ton of weight and pretty much cured her type II diabetes (as in she no longer needs shots) following Invictus' diet. Her only exercise is a stroll she takes twice a day up and down her neighborhood. The road is flat and she doesn't run or even walk fast. I'm not looking to get ripped.

Diet is 75% of weight loss yet calorie info you wrote down... Perhaps it all depends on people and various other factors. Like I implied, those exercises you listed won't help you in particular because if you consider that an 'exercise' then it is obvious your metabolism is at the lowest level. You need to kick you metabolism (why walk when you can sprint) up a notch by doing some exercises that will make your heart rate go 180, make blood going like crazy, purify your veins from junk food etc. You need to get there slowly so you don't suffer a heart attack.

Try the following. You don't even need to go walking or waste time with your little group. Crouch down like you are about to take a dump and from that position try to jump in the air as high as you can. As soon as you land on your feet crouch down again and repeat. Try doing it as fast as you can and as much as you can. It will make your heart rate go wild like sprinting without need for covering any distance. Perhaps at first you won't be able to do much repetitions, but you got to try to increase it. With such high intensity exercises and healthy food you should optimize your metabolism in no time, especially since everything else you wrote down is about right.

Ford
03-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Have you tried keto?

Faklon
03-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Listen to the DOMs above.

Also, put dumbbells behind your office chair and every time you get off the computer squat with them, then walk with them to the kitchen/toilet/etc. You will be working your legs, arms and core simultaneously and as the dumbbells will always be there, you will never get that bored to try them.

Morena
03-11-2019, 01:03 AM
Diet is 75% of weight loss yet calorie info you wrote down... Perhaps it all depends on people and various other factors. Like I implied, those exercises you listed won't help you in particular because if you consider that an 'exercise' then it is obvious your metabolism is at the lowest level. You need to kick you metabolism (why walk when you can sprint) up a notch by doing some exercises that will make your heart rate go 180, make blood going like crazy, purify your veins from junk food etc. You need to get there slowly so you don't suffer a heart attack.

Try the following. You don't even need to go walking or waste time with your little group. Crouch down like you are about to take a dump and from that position try to jump in the air as high as you can. As soon as you land on your feet crouch down again and repeat. Try doing it as fast as you can and as much as you can. It will make your heart rate go wild like sprinting without need for covering any distance. Perhaps at first you won't be able to do much repetitions, but you got to try to increase it. With such high intensity exercises and healthy food you should optimize your metabolism in no time, especially since everything else you wrote down is about right.

Huh. I'll try that. I saw that exercise and I thought it looked too advanced for me. I can do squats no problem, but that was a little off. What do you think of burpees?

+793+
08-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Intermittent fasting, not eating past 80% satiation, and not mixing high-fat and high-carb foods in the same meal - worked like a charm for me.

+793+
08-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Also, getting your heart into a good pump every day should also be very beneficial. You don't need to work out for a long time. Just getting your heart rate a good measure above your resting pulse, for a few minutes, can make a lot of difference. And also, try to be a little bit active every day, instead of being very active a few times a week.

Dick
08-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Intermittent fasting, not eating past 80% satiation, and not mixing high-fat and high-carb foods in the same meal - worked like a charm for me.

Do you have before and after pics to prove it?

Enr1989
08-09-2019, 01:41 PM
For starters:
- I eat out once a week
- I'm in my late 30's.
- My BMI is 25

Eat less carbs and sugar and more protein food
Exercise every day1 hour, part of your daily routine

+793+
08-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Do you have before and after pics to prove it?No, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Caradog
08-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Eat way more proteins and lower carbs, that is the secret.

The Blade
06-01-2020, 12:03 PM
Try turning it into muscles perhaps? Fitness? Other exercises?

RandomGuy20
06-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Losing weight is like 70% diet, 30% exercise. Try eating 5-6 small meals instead of 2-3 big ones - helps shrink the stomach and keeps the metabolism running.
ATP-PC related exercises are the best for burning calories, if you don't play high-intensive sports you can mimic this by sprinting/fast jogging 2 minutes then walking 4-5 mins with multiple cycles, preferably up an incline/hill (also the best option for overall fitness).
If you drink alcohol light beer or spirits are your best friend :D

Ülev
06-01-2020, 03:01 PM
losing weight is about psychical mentality, if you feel comfortable and sure of yourself, you will lose, if not you will "eat your troubles", switch from the victim to "predator" - easy as that

Universe
06-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Try turning it into muscles perhaps? Fitness? Other exercises?

It's not possible to turn fat into muscle.

Joso
06-01-2020, 03:14 PM
]Losing weight is like 70% diet, 30% exercise.[/B] Try eating 5-6 small meals instead of 2-3 big ones - helps shrink the stomach and keeps the metabolism running.
ATP-PC related exercises are the best for burning calories, if you don't play high-intensive sports you can mimic this by sprinting/fast jogging 2 minutes then walking 4-5 mins with multiple cycles, preferably up an incline/hill (also the best option for overall fitness).
If you drink alcohol light beer or spirits are your best friend :D

For the first sentence: That maybe could be truth in most cases but is not it a thing that depends on the somatotype of each person?
About alcohol, no, the best is not to drink any, of course.

alpha.ghot
06-01-2020, 03:25 PM
I am also trying to lose weight. I have brought my weight down from 90 kg to 78 Kg in the last 2 years just by eating fractionally less food than I usually ate. I don't exercise and take no more than 3000 steps per day. But I do have good habits. I don't drink any kind of beverages soft or Hard as I don't like them. I don't like sweets of any kind. I don't eat too much carb too. I eat vegetables, fruits and proteins mostly. I also take tea without milk and sugar. Also I sleep 9 hours a day.

yamagi
06-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Reduce your calorie intake to less than 1000 a day.

TheMaestro
06-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Just run slowly until you sweat as a pig and just continue, drink alot of water, stop eating bread, if you won't loose weight, you're doing something wrong.

TheMaestro
06-01-2020, 03:42 PM

That's my breakfast.

Westbrook
06-01-2020, 03:48 PM
99% of the time when people can't figure out why they're not losing weight despite dieting and counting calories it's because they're not keeping an accurate count of everything they eat and drink.

RandomGuy20
06-01-2020, 03:54 PM
For the first sentence: That maybe could be truth in most cases but is not it a thing that depends on the somatotype of each person?
About alcohol, no, the best is not to drink any, of course.

Yeah your right about the somatotype. I am an ectomorph so its naturally easier for me and others, however my mother (who is mesomorphic and very muscular) got her spine busted in her mid 20's in a car accident and was lucky not to be crippled but maintains her weight through very strict diet and hiking a couple times a week.
She could not run or lift weights post accident but still manages to stay healthy.
Imo unless there is a physiological issue there is no excuse to be overweight. For example my father used to study with a guy who was clinically obese but only ate lettuce every meal of the day.

Terminator98
06-01-2020, 03:56 PM

Easiest way to end up in hospital.

Joso
06-01-2020, 04:03 PM
It's not possible to turn fat into muscle.

Interesting, so would burning fat be the best option?
I guess stopping to eat things like breed would be good too.

El_Abominacion
06-01-2020, 04:08 PM
Easiest way to end up in hospital.

I did this for months and became anorexic last year. Would not recommend.

As Westbrook said there's a good chance you're not measuring properly. MyFitnessPal is your friend, you need to record every ingredient you use and the weight accurately to be sure. You'll be astonished at how many more calories you consume than you originally thought

Joso
06-01-2020, 04:14 PM
99% of the time when people can't figure out why they're not losing weight despite dieting and counting calories it's because they're not keeping an accurate count of everything they eat and drink.

Which would be better to get slimmer: To drink more watter or less?

Westbrook
06-01-2020, 04:50 PM
It really doesn't make a difference what you eat or drink when it comes to losing weight, just take in less calories than whatever your maintenance level is.

Lousianaboy
06-01-2020, 04:52 PM
i consume 4000 calories a day and im gaining weight because I have been working out with calisthenics and my gym in house im becoming a greek statue

Joso
06-01-2020, 04:54 PM
It really doesn't make a difference what you eat or drink when it comes to losing weight, just take in less calories than whatever your maintenance level is.

Ok, thanks.
However i think it depends when it comes to what your drink/eat, for endomorphs, specially, i think it would be better to east mostly natural things and drinking lot of water, seen to be good, i heard one guy saying that "the more you weight, the more you need to be hydrated", could that be true?

Morena
06-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Ok, thanks.
However i think it depends when it comes to what your drink/eat, for endomorphs, specially, i think it would be better to east mostly natural things and drinking lot of water, seen to be good, i heard one guy saying that "the more you weight, the more you need to be hydrated", could that true?

He's wrong. It really does matter what you eat, especially as you get older.

Luso
06-01-2020, 05:02 PM
First off... you are not at all "over weight" or obese or whatever. Secondly, the most quinessential part of weight loss you need to grasp is calorie intake. It isn't necessarily how much you workout... but how many calories you intake. You need to level calorie intake with how much you workout, but if you eat more than you shed off you will not decrease body mass effectively. Water weight-- drink enough water that it will hydrate, don't overdrink. In terms of workouts, running is the most important, walking is good, but won't show impactful results as fast, then I think core workouts like situps, leg raises, etc are pretty effective with that.

Good luck.

Westbrook
06-01-2020, 05:18 PM
It absolutely doesn't. Plenty of studies have proven it. Doesn't matter how old you are or what your body type is, calories are calories when it comes to weight loss or gain. Everyone tries to overcomplicate this.
He's wrong. It really does matter what you eat, especially as you get older.

Benyzero
06-01-2020, 05:23 PM

You want him to die ? :D

Benyzero
06-01-2020, 05:28 PM
you need to watch both diet, and best to start exercise, you can lose weight just by not eating but it will not be satisfying and later if you start eat again you will gain that weight plus back on you. If you are overweight without overeating then you should go to check on your hormonal levels, etc. Some people are also more prone to obesity, so if you are an endomorph with huge waist , less weight loss potential, you should consider low carb diet for exmple. It is possible that if you start to run once twice a week , the metabolism will wake up and will work healthier.

Benyzero
06-01-2020, 05:32 PM

autistic questions mr joso, you need a decent amount of liquid daily, independently of the topic. Competitors in fittness events fasting , don't eat or drink before because if you are dry, the muscles are more visibly definable.

yamagi
06-01-2020, 05:33 PM
You want him to die ? :D

https://i.imgur.com/flxD2tP.jpg

Morena
06-01-2020, 05:51 PM
It absolutely doesn't. Plenty of studies have proven it. Doesn't matter how old you are or what your body type is, calories are calories when it comes to weight loss or gain. Everyone tries to overcomplicate this.

No. The idea that certain people are more sensitive to sugars has been known since before WW2. For example, my parents are both in a low-carb diet, with minimal exercise. They don't count calories and they both lost weight and don't need to worry about taking insulin anymore. My mother was obese and my father was only slightly overweight but both benefited from it.

As for age, again you are wrong. Hormonal changes and loss of muscle mass, plus other factors like increase in insulin resistance and metabolic changes really cause people to struggle with change in weight.

There is also how the body reacts to certain foods. Calories from fatty foods will cause people to be full, causing them to eat less. Calories from carbs, especially refined sugars, will cause people to be hungry (less sated), therefore, they eat more. So even taking pure calorie restriction in mind, it's better to eat certain calories as opposed to others.

Joso
06-01-2020, 06:04 PM
No. The idea that certain people are more sensitive to sugars has been known since before WW2. For example, my parents are both in a low-carb diet, with minimal exercise. They don't count calories and they both lost weight and don't need to worry about taking insulin anymore. My mother was obese and my father was only slightly overweight but both benefited from it.

As for age, again you are wrong. Hormonal changes and loss of muscle mass, plus other factors like increase in insulin resistance and metabolic changes really cause people to struggle with change in weight.

There is also how the body reacts to certain foods. Calories from fatty foods will cause people to be full, causing them to eat less. Calories from carbs, especially refined sugars, will cause people to be hungry (less sated), therefore, they eat more. So even taking pure calorie restriction in mind, it's better to eat certain calories as opposed to others.

I think endomorph people have less tolerance to artificial foods/drinks because of it being the archaic or robust somatotype.