19 East_Sicilian 15.28
20 Central_Greek 15.85

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 09:49 PM
A mix of Levantine and mainland Greek.

Teucer
03-05-2018, 09:51 PM

The most interesting thing to me is the variety of Jewish ancestry he has. I'm guessing they all have that Levantine base with a little extra north African/persian/eastern european relative to their respective regions

Tauromachos
03-05-2018, 09:51 PM

Yes but with Greek being 31-32% that is more than any other component

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 09:52 PM

I think Cypriots are 1/3 Greek, 2/3 Levantine.

But culturally, linguistically, and religiously they are Greek, so I think they are part of the Greek Nation and should be reunified.

Teucer
03-05-2018, 09:54 PM

It may be the largest single component but added together with the Jewish ancestry he is more Levantine than anything

Tauromachos
03-05-2018, 10:01 PM
It may be the largest single component but added together with the Jewish ancestry he is more Levantine than anything

Yeah but its bullshit somehow,

What means Levantine?

They simply throw everything Non European into the Levantine pot.

Look at it this way
1)
Largest single component is Greek 31-32%

Second largest is general West Asian 20-21%

And all the other things Jewish e.c.t are less then 12%

So its pretty clear to me and fits my own conception Cypriots are basicly an Ancient Greek people
with stronger affinity towards Anatolia and the Levant.
Thats it.

2)

mongrol for example is Cretan and posted his results and come out as
60% Mainland Greek+40% Greek Cypriot"or something similar"

And that makes perfectly sense considering all geographical,cultural, historical and linguistical aspects.

I always said Crete is halfway or intermediate between the Greek Mainland and Cyprus

Teucer
03-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Yeah but its bullshit somehow,

What means Levantine?

They simply throw everything Non European into the Levantine pot.

Look at it this way
1)
Largest single component is Greek 31-32%

Second largest is general West Asian 20-21%

And all the other things Jewish e.c.t are less then 12%

So its pretty clear to me and fits my own conception Cypriots are basicly an Ancient Greek people
with stronger affinity towards Anatolia and the Levant.
Thats it.

2)

mongrol for example is Cretan and posted his results and come out as
60% Mainland Greek+40% Greek Cypriot"or something similar"

And that makes perfectly sense considering all geographical,cultural, historical and linguistical aspects.

I always said Crete is halfway or intermediate between the Greek Mainland and Cyprus

Don't forget the Sardinian. That is also ancient as fuck too and supports your idea

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:11 PM
This person is roughly halfway between Levantine and South Italian, if you look at the distances on the Oracle.

The clinal progression out of Greece toward the Levant seems to work like this:

Mainland Greece ----------------------- Crete and South Italy ---------------------------- Cyprus ------------------------------------ Levant

Tauromachos
03-05-2018, 10:16 PM
This person is roughly halfway between Levantine and South Italian, if you look at the distances on the Oracle.

Theoretical formal blablabla

Largest component is Greek followed by general West Asian

Cyprus has alwasy been related and tied to the rest of the Greek world

And this result doesn't say anything else

Mainland Greece ----------------------- Crete and South Italy ---------------------------- Cyprus ------------------------------------ Levant

Ok^

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Theoretical formal blablabla

Largest component is Greek followed by general West Asian

Cyprus has alwasy been related and tied to the rest of the Greek world

And this result doesn't say anything else

Ok^

I'm going by GEDmatch. I am not even referring to the Myheritage result at all.

catgeorge
03-05-2018, 10:24 PM

The clinal progression out of Greece toward the Levant seems to work like this:

Mainland Greece and all Greek Islands, Cyprus included --------------------South and Central Italy + Albania + Montenegro + Croatia----------------------South France, Spain and Portugal

Teucer
03-05-2018, 10:24 PM
I'm going by GEDmatch. I am not even referring to the Myheritage result at all.

Is the oracle he used good?

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Mainland Greece and all Greek Islands, Cyprus included --------------------South and Central Italy + Albania + Montenegro + Croatia----------------------South France, Spain and Portugal

Genetically this makes no sense, because Cypriots are closer to South Italy than to mainland Greeks, and Montenegro/Croatia are not genetically akin to Italians at all.

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Is the oracle he used good?

Yes.

But as you can see, this person is roughly halfway between their South Italian sample (which is Calabrese) and some of the Levantine groups.

catgeorge
03-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Genetically this makes no sense, because Cypriots are closer to South Italy than to mainland Greeks, and Montenegro/Croatia are not genetically akin to Italians at all.

genetically it makes perfect sense - in all plots Greeks are shifted closer to Central Italy and Central Italy is shifted closer to France.

The ranges for Greeks is what it is and not referring to Italy I am referring to the equidistant nature of Greeks not your sickly biases.

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:32 PM
genetically it makes perfect sense - in all plots Greeks are shifted closer to Central Italy and Central Italy is shifted closer to France.

The ranges for Greeks is what it is and not referring to Italy I am referring to the equidistant nature of Greeks not your sickly biases.

What you posted made no sense. South Italians are not in between Croats and Greeks.

catgeorge
03-05-2018, 10:33 PM
What you posted made no sense. South Italians are not in between Croats and Greeks.

Again you have comprehension problems; so I will repeat.

This is not about South Italians it is about the equidistant nature of Greeks.

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Again you have comprehension problems; so I will repeat.

This is not about South Italians it is about the equidistant nature of Greeks.

Who are you claiming Greeks are equidistant between?

catgeorge
03-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Who are you claiming Greeks are equidistant between?

The people that inhabit the Mediterranean. Montenegro and Croatia inclusive.

Mingle
03-05-2018, 10:50 PM

Greek is probably just some sort of generic Mediterranean component. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebanese folk got it as their highest component considering how close they are to Cypriots on GEDmatch.

Sikeliot
03-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Greek is probably just some sort of generic Mediterranean component. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebanese folk got it as their highest component considering how close they are to Cypriots on GEDmatch.

For what it is worth, the Greek component goes as high as 70% in south Italy and I have seen it being very high in Turkey. The highest for an Italian being someone from Apulia, then someone from Messina at around 60%, then someone from Trapani at 55%.

I have seen Lebanese results score Italian but not Greek, which is odd because you'd expect if Cypriots and southern Italians score more Greek than Italian, that Lebanese would too, but no.

Tauromachos
03-05-2018, 10:53 PM

So what is West Asian or Jewish?

If someone gets Jewish? Does it make him a Jew?

What is Slavic?

Bobby Martnen
03-05-2018, 10:56 PM

What is Slavic?

You're only Jewish if your mother's mother's mother's, etc... was Jewish.

Mingle
03-05-2018, 10:58 PM

What is Slavic?

Stuff like Jewish, Slavic, etc. aren't real genetic categories but just names given by DNA companies to certain (usually mixed) components and not accurate. They're fun to look at, but GEDmatch is really the only thing worth seriously paying attention to.

Tauromachos
03-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Stuff like Jewish, Slavic, etc. aren't real genetic categories but just names given by DNA companies to certain (usually mixed) components and not accurate. They're fun to look at, but GEDmatch is really the only thing worth seriously paying attention to.

Yes exactly