PDA

View Full Version : The Hungarian-Turkish Connection

poiuytrewq0987
02-09-2011, 02:25 AM
I found it rather odd that their languages were found to be quite similar but not only language they also have people who look similar!

Mariska Hargitay, a Hungarian-American:

http://topgoogletrends.netcashdaily.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mariska-hargitay.jpg

Some random Turkish chick from a dating website:

http://www.loginlove.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dating-turkish-women.jpg

I wonder if Argenraza can explain why.

Aemma
02-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Libre, I'm keeping an eye on you this evening. :coffee:

Guapo
02-09-2011, 03:39 AM
I'd hit 'em :coffee:

Monolith
02-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I found it rather odd that their languages were found to be quite similar
Their languages are not similar. :coffee:

Wyn
02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The Bulgarians are Europe's Turkics. I thought everyone knew that?

hajduk
02-09-2011, 05:43 PM
The Bulgarians are Europe's Turkics. I thought everyone knew that?

The Turkic theory is a communistic-jewish fabrication. if this theory is true, the modern Bulgarians should look like mongoloids.
The mongoloid element is very weak represented among us. The turks themselves are not TUrkic

hajduk
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
http://samoistina.com/2/wheredidwecamefrom.htm
http://samoistina.com/2/similarities.htm

Guapo
02-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Sure they are, just ask the mongol demiirel

Matritensis
02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
No,the real connection is Scandinavia-Turkey,as this random model (Meral Kaplan) proves:

http://www.haberform.com/images/news/33723.jpg

Wyn
02-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I know the Bulgarians aren't Turkics.

Shit, I remember when you could troll a troll's trollish threads with your own trolling.

Ivanushka-supertzar
02-09-2011, 06:02 PM
lol Why all of them are looking like someone broke their nose?

The Journeyman
02-09-2011, 06:19 PM

They sound similar, nevertheless.

Monolith
02-09-2011, 09:44 PM
They sound similar, nevertheless.
Turkish soap operas are currently quite popular in Croatia and whenever I hear them speak, their language sounds like some weird Hungarian lexicon is spoken with Japanese prosody. :D

Anyway, they might sound similar to one person but they don't have to sound similar to another. True story.

Ushtari
02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Turkish soap operas are currently quite popular in Croatia and whenever I hear them speak, their language sounds like some weird Hungarian lexicon is spoken with Japanese prosody. :D

Damn you have them to? ottomans are taking over balkan again slowly but surely...

Pallantides
02-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Europe 1&2
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5092/europedec82010.png

As one can see Hungarians cluster closest to Germans and far away from Turks.

Fortis in Arduis
02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Europe 1&2

:(

demiirel
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
The languages are similar in terms of vocabulary and grammar.

Do the Mongol languages of Buryatia and Kalmykia sound similar to Hungarian and Turkish? The Mongol languages are similar in vocabulary and grammar to both Hungarian and Turkish.

Mongolic Buryat language of the Buryat Republic in Russia (436000 speakers):

kreSOMqCh-A

Mongolic Kalmyk language of the Republic of Kalmykia in European Russia (178000 speakers):

LWGlGZgjpkk

Monolith
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
The languages are similar in terms of vocabulary and grammar.
Source or it didn't happen.

demiirel
02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Source or it didn't happen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Fi-ugr-turk-comparison.png

I also remember looking at some really interesting comparative charts on an old 1930's book (forgot the name).

Blossom
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
What the........hell?:coffee:

Monolith
02-10-2011, 12:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Fi-ugr-turk-comparison.png
Sorry, but wikipedia is not a source. Also, some superficial commonalities might impress an uneducated reader but in this case it is next to impossible to discern real genetic commonality from sheer coincidence.

For example, your picture implies these languages are somehow related because all of them exhibit gender-neutrality. In reality, many other unrelated languages are also genderless ones, like Basque or Persian.

Pallantides
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Europe 1&2

demiirel
02-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Sorry, but wikipedia is not a source. Also, some superficial commonalities might impress an uneducated reader but in this case it is next to impossible to discern real genetic commonality from sheer coincidence.

For example, your picture implies these languages are somehow related because all of them exhibit gender-neutrality. In reality, many other unrelated languages are also genderless ones, like Basque or Persian.

I agree with you that real genetic commonality is not yet established.

What I'm saying is that the languages are very similar.

Loanword or not, there are many similar words between these languages. Here is an interesting source which you might have seen before (unorthodox I know, but still interesting):

http://www.federatio.org/mi_bibl/AlfredToth_EDH_5.pdf

Frankly, there are many Hungarian words here that bear a very close resemblance to Mongolian (and consequently Turkish).

Blossom
02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Haha this is like: FINNISH ARE TURKS! :laugh:

ah cmon...:coffee:

The Huns Before Attila:
The Huns first enter the historical record far to the East of Rome. In fact, their ancestors probably were one of the nomadic peoples of the Mongolian steppe, whom the Chinese called the Xiongnu.

The Xiongnu launched such devastating raids into China that they actually motivated the construction of first sections of the Great Wall of China.

Around 85 A.D., the resurgent Han Chinese were able to inflict heavy defeats on the Xiongnu, prompting the nomadic raiders to scatter to the west. Some went as far as Scythia, where they were able to conquer a number of less fearsome tribes.

Combined, these peoples became the Huns.

Don Brick
02-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Haha this is like: FINNISH ARE TURKS! :laugh:

ah cmon...:coffee:

Well of course not. :) Finnish and Turkish belong to two completely separate linguistic groups and just a swift glance at the chart demiirel posted should assure one of the vast differences. However I think he is trying to establish some kind of connection between Hungarian and Turkish and perhaps, even more absurdly, Hungarian and Mongolian. Go figure...

Eldritch
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Turkish and Finnish aren't even remotely related. They share some linguistic similarities (agglutination, vowel harmony, no grammatical gender) absent in Indo-European languages, but not via being etymologically related. That they "sound similar" to some people is a detail that can hardly be presented to justify itself, let alone anything else.

I think Greek sounds similar to Finnish in a way, but that does not make me claim that the two languages are related.

EDIT:

Monolith alerted me that Persian has no gender, either. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Äike
02-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Well of course not. :) Finnish and Turkish belong to two completely separate linguistic groups and just a swift glance at the chart demiirel posted should assure one of the vast differences. However I think he is trying to establish some kind of connection between Hungarian and Turkish and even more absurdly Hungarian and Mongolian. Go figure...

At first he started speaking about the "big similarities" between Indo-European languages and Mongolian. That was swiftly proved to be false and now he is taking on the next Europeans.

Blossom
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Turkish and Finnish aren't even remotely related. They share some linguistic similarities (agglutination, vowel harmony, no grammatical gender) absent in Indo-European languages, but not via being etymologically related. That they "sound similar" to some people is a detail that can hardly be presented to justify itself, let alone anything else.

I think Greek sounds similar to Finnish in a way, but that does not make me claim that the two languages are related.

The same thing about Hungarian and Turk lol..:coffee:

*p.d.: I was sarcastic on the thing about Finnish ofc! :) In case you didnt notice.

http://www.fsz.bme.hu/hungary/history.html

Guapo
02-10-2011, 02:00 PM
you're all turks like us Balkanoids. Deal with it :coffee:

demiirel
02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I looked at the Finno-Ugric Swadesh list here:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Swadesh_lists_for_Finno-Ugric_languages

I decided to compare the first 20 words. Look at the results I got:

I: Estonian ‘mina’, Mongolian ‘mi’
Thou (singular): Karelian ‘sie’, Mongolian ‘si’
He: Estonian ‘tema’, Mongolian ‘ter’
We: Estonian ‘meie, me’, Mongolian ‘ba, bid’
You (plural): Finnish ‘te’, Mongolian ‘ta’
They: North Mansi ‘tan’, Mongolian ‘ted, tednus’
This: Hungarian ‘e’, Mongolian ‘en’
That: North Mansi ‘taji’, Mongolian ‘ter’
Here: Hungarian ‘itt’, Mongolian ‘end’
There: North Mansi ‘tot’, Mongolian ‘tend’
Who: Karelian ‘ken’, Mongolian ‘ken’
What: Hungarian ‘mi’ (interrog.), Mongolian ‘bwi’ (interrog.)
Where: Komi ‘koni’, Mongolian ‘kaana’
When: Karelian ‘konza’, Mongolia ‘keze’
How: Finnish ‘kuinka’, Mongolian ‘kerken’
Not: Moksha ‘iz’, Mongolian ‘es’
All: North Sami ‘buot’, Mongolian ‘bugut’
Many: Erzya ‘lamo’, Mongolian ‘olam’; North Sami ‘manga’, Mongolian ‘minga’
Some: Karelian ‘kuda-ket’, Mongolian ‘ked’
Few: Hungarian ‘kevés’, Mongolian ‘koms’; Estonian ‘vähe’, Mongolian ‘baha’

Monolith
02-10-2011, 02:32 PM
What I'm saying is that the languages are very similar.

They might appear similar to someone but genuine resemblance stems from phonology and syntax, not lexicon.

demiirel
02-10-2011, 02:46 PM
(unrelated to the thread)

Well, my Khorvat friend, it seems that we Mongols experienced some defeats in Croatia, according to the Wikipedia article about the Mongol general Kadan. I hope you don't become proud like the Vietnamese who still boast today of defeating us Mongols in the 13th century:

Kadan was the son of the second Great Khan of the Mongols Ogedei and a concubine. He was the grandson of Genghis Khan and the brother of Guyuk Khan...

The Mongol prince was then sent south with one tumen to search for Béla in Croatia. Kadan first sought the Hungarian king at Zagreb, which he sacked, and then pursued him into Dalmatia. While Béla hid at Trogir, Mongols under the leadership of Kadan, in March 1242 at Klis Fortress in Croatia, experienced their first European military failure, while in pursuit for the head of Béla IV of Hungary. Kadan's tired forces were defeated by a Croatian army at Battle of Grobnik field, near Rijeka (Fiume). Kadan had his Hungarian prisoners executed as supplies began to run out. To the king's surprise, Kadan headed south past Trogir toward Dubrovnik (Ragusa). While he was nearing Scutari, Kadan heard of the death of his father, Ogedei Khan. Kadan's raids through Bulgaria on his retreat from Central Europe induced the young Kaliman I of Bulgaria to pay tribute and accept Batu Khan as his liege.

http://www.adrialin.hr/pics/rijeka/Rijeka_Karte.jpg

Don Brick
02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I looked at the Finno-Ugric Swadesh list here:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Swadesh_lists_for_Finno-Ugric_languages

I decided to compare the first 20 words. Look at the results I got:

I: Estonian ‘mina’, Mongolian ‘mi’
Thou (singular): Karelian ‘sie’, Mongolian ‘si’
He: Estonian ‘tema’, Mongolian ‘ter’
We: Estonian ‘meie, me’, Mongolian ‘ba, bid’
You (plural): Finnish ‘te’, Mongolian ‘ta’
They: North Mansi ‘tan’, Mongolian ‘ted, tednus’
This: Hungarian ‘e’, Mongolian ‘en’
That: North Mansi ‘taji’, Mongolian ‘ter’
Here: Hungarian ‘itt’, Mongolian ‘end’
There: North Mansi ‘tot’, Mongolian ‘tend’
Who: Karelian ‘ken’, Mongolian ‘ken’
What: Hungarian ‘mi’ (interrog.), Mongolian ‘bwi’ (interrog.)
Where: Komi ‘koni’, Mongolian ‘kaana’
When: Karelian ‘konza’, Mongolia ‘keze’
How: Finnish ‘kuinka’, Mongolian ‘kerken’
Not: Moksha ‘iz’, Mongolian ‘es’
All: North Sami ‘buot’, Mongolian ‘bugut’
Many: Erzya ‘lamo’, Mongolian ‘olam’; North Sami ‘manga’, Mongolian ‘minga’
Some: Karelian ‘kuda-ket’, Mongolian ‘ked’
Few: Hungarian ‘kevés’, Mongolian ‘koms’; Estonian ‘vähe’, Mongolian ‘baha’

And? What is your conclusion then? I´m sure we´re all just dying to hear it. ;)

demiirel
02-10-2011, 02:58 PM
They might appear similar to someone but genuine resemblance stems from phonology and syntax, not lexicon.

Yes, phonology especially is very important. Research must continue.

Frederik Kortlandt thinks (http://www.kortlandt.nl/publications/art216e.pdf):

We may conclude that Proto-Indo-Uralic and Proto-Altaic may have been contemporaries (6000-5500), that Proto-Uralic and Proto-Uralo-Yukagir may have been the same thing and contemporaneous with Proto-Indo-Hittite (4500-4000), and that Proto-Finno-Ugric and nuclear Proto-Indo-European may again have been contemporary languages (3500-3000). This puts the dissolution of the Uralo-Siberian language family in the 7th millennium. It now becomes attractive to identify the latter with the abrupt climate change of 8200 BP or 6200 BC, when severe cold struck the northern hemisphere for more than a century. The catastrophic nature of this disastrous event agrees
well with the sudden dispersal and large-scale lexical replacement which are characteristic of the Uralo-Siberian languages.

From Wikipedia:

Frederik Herman Henri (Frits) Kortlandt (June 19, 1946, Utrecht, The Netherlands) is a professor of descriptive and comparative linguistics at Leiden University. He is an expert on Baltic and Slavic languages, the Indo-European languages in general, and Proto-Indo-European, though he has also published studies of languages in many other language families. He has also studied ways to associate language families into super-groups such as Indo-Uralic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Frederik_Kortlandt.jpg

demiirel
02-10-2011, 03:01 PM
His very conservative conclusion:

Thus, I find evidence for 20 Indo-Uralic grammatical elements in Altaic: first person G1 *m, second person G4 *t, demonstratives G8 *i/e, G11 *t, G12 *s, plural G15 *t, accusative G24 *m, genitive G25 *n, dative G26 *ka, locatives G29 *ru, G30 *n, G31 *i, ablative G33 *t, nominalizers G38 *i and G39 *m, participles G43 *t and G45 *l, conative G53 *sk, reflexive G54 *u/w, and interrogative G60 *k. I conclude that the reality of an Eurasiatic language family is very probable. The historical relationship between the Altaic and Uralo-Siberian language families remains to be specified. We must reckon with the possibility that these are the two main branches of the Eurasiatic macro-family. Further research should therefore aim at separate reconstructions of Proto-Altaic and Proto-Uralo-Siberian before other possible inner and outer connections are taken into consideration.

demiirel
02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
And? What is your conclusion then? I´m sure we´re all just dying to hear it. ;)

What's interesting is that these are the first 20 words. The words that come early in the Swadesh lists are those considered "fundamentally important" to the given language. So...

My conclusion is...

that we

our languages

could

be related.

Monolith
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
My conclusion is...

that we

our languages

could

be related.
Of course they could be related, but unfortunately there is little, if anything, that could be reconstructed of some theoretical progenitor language because of the noise. All human languages are ultimately related.

Don Brick
02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
What's interesting is that these are the first 20 words. The words that come early in the Swadesh lists are those considered "fundamentally important" to the given language. So...

My conclusion is...

that we

our languages

could

be related.

All languages are ultimately related... Just because you might find far-fetched connections (although I doubt the ones you presented are such) doesn´t mean much of anything in the scheme of things. You have to present more concrete "evidence" to back up your claims of relative closeness between said languages. And no, a bunch of diminutive cherry-picked words (that don´t even resemble each other that much btw) from various different languages will not suffice.

edit: wow, Monolith, I just noticed I unknowingly wrote almost exactly the same sentence as you did at the end of your post. Great minds think alike. :D

Guapo
02-10-2011, 04:33 PM
(unrelated to the thread)

Well, my Khorvat

Wasn't that the name of one of the Bulgar leaders?

demiirel
02-10-2011, 05:27 PM
More from the Swadesh list. The Mongolian equivalents were chosen very strictly. If there are no comments in brackets, then it means the meaning is identical.

Other: Hungarian ‘más’, Mongolian ‘bas, bus’
One: Hungarian ‘egy’, Mongolian ‘neg’
Two: Estonian ‘kaks’, Mongolian ‘kaks’ (half, divided in two)
Three: Hungarian ‘három’, North Mansi ‘hurem’, Mongolian ‘hurav’
Four: Erzya ‘nile’, Mongolian ‘nil, nilde’ (every place, on all four sides, to all four directions)
Small: Karelian ‘väčykkäine’, Erzya ‘vishkine’, Mongolian ‘jijikken’
Woman: Moksha ‘ava’, Mongolian ‘avagai’ (married woman)
Man (human being): North Mansi ‘hum’, Mongolian ‘humun, hun’
Husband: Karelian ‘nukko’, Mongolian ‘nukur’
Mother: Hungarian ‘anya’, Estonian ‘ema’, Mongolian ‘anya’ (elder female in the family) and ‘emee’ (grandmother)
Father: Hungarian ‘apa’, Finnish ‘isä, Mongolian ‘aba, abu, av’ (father) and ‘eseg’ (father)
Dog: Hungarian ‘kutya’, Mongolian ‘kutsa’ (dog bark)
Worm: Estonian ‘uss’, Mongolian ‘ut’
Tree: North Sami ‘muorra’, Mongolian ‘mod’
Forest: Estonian ‘mets’, Mongolian ‘mod
Stick: Karelian ‘savakko’, Mongolian ‘savaa’
Fruit: Hungarian ‘gyümölcs’, Komi ‘imozh’, Mongolian ‘jims, jimes’
Bark: Estonian ‘koor’, Mongolian ‘kuuldas, koltos’
Flower: Erzya ‘tsetsya’, Mongolian ‘tsetseg’
Grass: Hungarian ‘fű’, Mongolian ‘efü, efüs’
Skin: Hungarian ‘bőr’, Mongolian ‘bürhüül’
Meat: Hungarian ‘hús’, Mongolian ‘hüns’
Fat: North Sami ‘buoidi’, Mongolian ‘büdüün’
Horn: Estonian ‘sarv’, Mongolian ‘sar, sartan, serten’
Hair: Finnish ‘hius’, Mongolian ‘us’
Eye: Finnish ‘silmä’, Mongolia ‘milme, melmei’
Tongue: Estonian ‘keel’, Erzya ‘kel’, Mongolian ‘kel’
Fingernail: Finnish ‘kynsi’, Estonian ‘küüs’, Mongolian ‘kums’
Feet and leg: North Sami ‘juolgi’, Komi ‘kok’, Mongolian ‘köl’ (like Uralic, used for both feet and leg)
Neck: Finnish ‘kaula’, Mongolian ‘kaula’ (throat)
Breast: Hungarian ‘kebel’, Mongolian ‘kebel’ (bosom)
Heart: Moksha ‘sedi’, Mongolian ‘sed, setgel, zurk setgel’
To drink: Erzya ‘simems’, Mongolian ‘simek’
To eat: Hungarian ‘eszik’, Mongolian ‘idek’
To spit: Estonian ‘sülgama’, Mongolian ‘süls’ (spit, saliva)
To vomit: Finnish ‘oksentaa’, Mongolian ‘ogik’
To blow: Finnish ‘puhaltaa’, Mongolian ‘sugeldek’
To know: Finnish ‘tietää’, Erzya ‘sodams’, Mongolian ‘sidak’
To kill: North Mansi ‘al-’, Mongolian ‘alak’
To fight: Hungarian ‘harcol’, Erzya ‘tyurems’, Mongolian ‘karshilak’ and ‘turemgiilek’
To push: Erzya ‘tulkadems’, Mongolian ‘tulkek’
To freeze: Estonian ‘külmuma’, Mongolian ‘kulduk’
Sea: Hungarian ‘tenger’, Mongolian ‘tengis’
Sand: Finnish ‘suurimo’, Karelian ‘chuuru’, Mongolian ‘shoroo’
Fire: Finnish ‘tuli’, Mongolian ‘tulek’ (to burn)
Yellow: Hungarian ‘sárga’, Mongolian ‘sarga’
Cold: Estonian ‘külm’, Mongolian ‘kulduu, kuiten’
Right: Estonian ‘parem’, Mongolian ‘barun’

demiirel
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Wasn't that the name of one of the Bulgar leaders?

It may sound similar to Khan Kubrat of the Bulgars (r. 632-665).

Khorvat means Croatian.

The Ripper
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Khorvat means Croatian.

That's interesting, because in Finnish "korvat" means "ears"! Hail Fingolian pride!

Äike
02-10-2011, 05:36 PM
That's interesting, because in Finnish "korvat" means "ears"! Hail Fingolian pride!

In Estonian, "kõrvad" means "ears" and "kõrv" means "ear". :D

Monolith
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
It does, but it is unknown whether the two are etymologically related.

Khorvat means Croatian.
It was likely an Iranian borrowing into proto-Slavic and now it's an ethnonym.

demiirel
02-13-2011, 05:22 AM
In Estonian, "kõrvad" means "ears" and "kõrv" means "ear". :D

Interesting, "-d" is also a plural suffix in Mongolian. One more similarity with Uralic.

A theory. I think "Croat" could be a Mongolian tribal name. Korvad, Korvat or Horvad means the "Threes" in Mongolian. Korav means three in Mongolian. Korvad means "threes" usually meaning "the Tribe composed of Three Sub-tribes". Many Mongol tribes have number-based names like this (number+plural suffix). For example "Dorbod (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%B6rbet)" (Fours) and "Naiman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naimans)" (Eight). Ancient Turkish tribes also had number-based tribal names, like "Sekiz-Oghuz" (Eight Oghuz).

Color names are also used for tribal names. For example "Tsagaan Tatar" (White Tatars) and "Kara Khitad" (Black Khitans).

Now we hear that the ancient Croats were called "White Croats" and they migrated to coastal Croatia in 610-641. The Avars also entered Croatia in the early 7th century. The Avars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Avars)are known to have Mongolic connections, specifically the Rouran Mongols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouran). An Avar Mongol tribe called "Tsagaan Korvat" (White Threes) must have been part of the Avars who entered Croatia. This tribe was probably Slavicised already to some extent.

We must remember that the Avars were a Tengri-worshipping nomadic confederation with Mongolic tribes included in their confederation. These White Croats, being rather small in population, were later assimilated with the local Slavic population. The name remained while the original Avar Mongol people intermarried, got absorbed and adopted the local language, which is a common occurrence in Eastern Europe (for example Tatar was originally a Mongolian tribe).

Turco-Mongol peoples like the Avars and Khazars had great influence in Eastern Europe at that time. And Turco-Mongol words filtered into Slavic vocabulary. Tribal names remained too. The ruler of the Rus Khaganate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rus%27_Khaganate)(early Russian state) was called the Khagan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khagan), a Turco-Mongol title.

The Iranian origin theory is still not convincing. So an Avar origin should also be considered.

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 06:22 AM
This thread was made by Angre (a.k.a. Libre) who is still angry because of my signature and because I support Kosova (actually, I've changed my view on this upon reflection, I don't think Kosova should be an independent state but instead should be annexed to Albania) while I was taking a holiday in the mountains in my yacuzzi. Hungarians are not Turks. Hungarian only shares some terms borrowed from Turkish mostly related to animal husbandry. But that's meaningless. We also have some Iranic words and some shit like that. Balkan Slavic languages have Turkic insults too. And if you can find one Hungarian who looks Turk, I'll bet you 5 coins, with the same probability, that you can find 6 Serbs who look Turk "Ottoman".

And anyway, who cares about shifting ethnicity for some minor word similarities, I personally believe in a far back Nostratic theory.

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 06:29 AM
libre(ANGRE), Bir turk vardır, bu onu yüz daha iyi olacaktır. Sırplar bizden daha fazla gibi Türkler (Osmanlılar) bakın. biz orta avrupa bakarsanız, turk bakmak

demiirel
02-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Are you really Hungarian?

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Are you really Hungarian?

Are you really mongol?

demiirel
02-13-2011, 07:08 AM
I am verily a European Mongol. But you? Are you Slavic or Ugric or Romance or what?

Guapo
02-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Hungarians=Turks

http://forum.stirpes.net/physical-anthropology/19402-kiszelys-hungarian-plates.html

Pallantides
02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Hungarians=Turks

http://forum.stirpes.net/physical-anthropology/19402-kiszelys-hungarian-plates.html

Guapo
02-13-2011, 02:18 PM

And? You have northwestern Euro genes but look like a Spaniard, maybe Pole.

Pallantides
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM
And? You have northwestern Euro genes but look like a Spaniard, maybe Pole.

:cool:

Guapo
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
This thread was made by Angre (a.k.a. Libre) who is still angry because of my signature and because I support Kosova (actually, I've changed my view on this upon reflection, I don't think Kosova should be an independent state but instead should be annexed to Albania) while I was taking a holiday in the mountains in my yacuzzi. Hungarians are not Turks. Hungarian only shares some terms borrowed from Turkish mostly related to animal husbandry. But that's meaningless. We also have some Iranic words and some shit like that. Balkan Slavic languages have Turkic insults too. And if you can find one Hungarian who looks Turk, I'll bet you 5 coins, with the same probability, that you can find 6 Serbs who look Turk "Ottoman".

And anyway, who cares about shifting ethnicity for some minor word similarities, I personally believe in a far back Nostratic theory.

It seems like you're the one that's angry which is why Libre trolls you so easily. You act more like a hot tempered Balkanoid than all of us Balkanoids here put together. We all actually get along here, Serbs, Croats and Albanians. It's all in good fun. You probably have a TurkoSerb in the woodpile like most Hungarians anyway.

Guapo
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
:cool:

Ok, Polak :cool:

Adalwolf
02-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Another trash post. 90% of Hungarians have a central European phenotype.

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
It seems like you're the one that's angry which is why Libre trolls you so easily. You act more like a hot tempered Balkanoid than all of us Balkanoids here put together. We all actually get along here, Serbs, Croats and Albanians. It's all in good fun. You probably have a TurkoSerb in the woodpile like most Hungarians anyway.

No turkoserbs in my woodpile, sorry. If I had, I would be a turk like you.

Besides, I've posted my pictures, I look nothing like a Serb, Turk or Greek

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 04:48 PM
I am verily a European Mongol. But you? Are you Slavic or Ugric or Romance or what?

I'm Hungarian

Guapo
02-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Besides, I've posted my pictures, I look nothing like a Serb, Turk or Greek

:laugh:

http://ariseagain.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/cat-lion1.jpg?w=334&h=482

Peerkons
02-13-2011, 06:04 PM
:rofl:
finno-ugrics = mongols
There must some similarty, they all come from Urals, mongolic sphere is not far away from Urals.

Äike
02-13-2011, 06:05 PM
finno-ugrics = mongols
There must some similarty, they all come from Urals, mongolic sphere is not far away from Urals.

Says the Balt who actually resembles a mongol... :thumb001:

Blossom
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
What a disaster...what a thread, what the hell is going on?

Guapo
02-13-2011, 06:12 PM

Is he Estonian?

Äike
02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Is he Estonian?

No, Estonians do not resemble Mongols.

By the way, could Eriks pass as something native in the Balkan area? He sometimes gives me a Balkan vibe, but I haven't seen many Balkanoids.

Arne
02-13-2011, 06:25 PM
No, Estonians do not resemble Mongols.

By the way, could Eriks pass as something native in the Balkan area? He sometimes gives me a Balkan vibe, but I haven't seen many Balkanoids.

Eriks don´t pass as a Balkanic cause his Eyes are too cunty.
We have much balkanic immigrants croats bosniaks serbs and albanians (muslims).
Maybe he´d look closest to Albanians, they sometimes have more cunty Features.

Peerkons
02-13-2011, 06:26 PM

At least im not Estonian.:wink
There is nothing bad having mongol features.
In summer I'll take 23andme test and we all will find out if I am mongol. ;)
Best thing will be if it finds out that I have N1c1 which is finnic. :D

Äike
02-13-2011, 06:28 PM
At least im not Estonian.:wink

Yeah, you look too Latvian to be Estonian.

Talvi
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/98210299.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=6C4008C0FD9EB5A5EA7763E5512E2A45AAF3AE9F68D788AE 245B71A45F15A0B4 I think this dude resembles Eriks.
since were on that topic. Ive been waiting a chance to post it. :D

Peerkons
02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/98210299.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=6C4008C0FD9EB5A5EA7763E5512E2A45AAF3AE9F68D788AE 245B71A45F15A0B4 I think this dude resembles Eriks.

Im cool with that.:coffee:

Don Brick
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Eriks don´t pass as a Balkanic cause his Eyes are too cunty.
We have much balkanic immigrants croats bosniaks serbs and albanians (muslims).
Maybe he´d look closest to Albanians, they sometimes have more cunty Features.

What does "cunty" mean in this context? Slanted perhaps? Interesting choice of words...

Blossom
02-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Guys, come on...this is a cold atmosphere here. I heard it's pretty cold in the North but lets not bring the cold wind to The Apricity!

We need to keep it hot...;)

Guapo
02-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Talvi, can I pass as Estonian? :)

Peerkons
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
You can pass anywhere on east cost of the Baltic sea.

Talvi
02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi Talvi, can I pass as Estonian? :)

Actually yeah :D I think you wouldnt look out of place here.

(lol you almost have a small Finnish nose. (its a stereotype))

Guapo
02-13-2011, 06:52 PM
(lol you almost have a small Finnish nose. (its a stereotype))

Yes it's small, among other parts of my body :( It points upwards and not downwards, among other parts of my body :D

Pallantides
02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Guapo you could pass as a Norwegian computer programmer

Ivanushka-supertzar
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Guapo will fit pretty much everywhere in Europe. He has that pan-european look.

Talvi
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I wouldnt imagine him being a Southern European, though.
Although maybe Ive been lied to about how they look like D:

Guapo
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Guapo you could pass as a Malå Saami Reindeer-herder

Fixed.

I wouldnt imagine him being a Southern European, though.
Although maybe Ive been lied to about how they look like D

I'm Slavic :confused:

Don Brick
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Guapo you could pass as a Norwegian computer programmer

He could also be any random "Pekka the engineer" walking down the street no problem. Typical look for sure. Is that really you, Guapo? Never know about you man...

Blossom
02-13-2011, 07:09 PM
He could easily pass as a spammer and also as a troll. Very similar, with all those pointing stuff he got...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tsOe-FCnO1g/Ro0yQJ7qghI/AAAAAAAAAGU/wNBiqZU7s_0/s400/troll+4.jpg

:pepper00::thumbs

Talvi
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Fixed.

I'm Slavic :confused:

I mean Ivanushka said you could fit in anywhere in Europe. I dont know about that.

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
finno-ugrics = mongols

You look half korean compared to me. Latvians have more horny Siberian warrior influence than us. Your N1c levels are pretty high.

Dario Argento
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
:laugh:

http://ariseagain.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/cat-lion1.jpg?w=334&h=482

I am sorry that you look more like a Turk than me.

Guapo
02-13-2011, 09:42 PM

I am sorry that you look more Serbian than me :D

Guapo
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
He could easily pass as a spammer and also as a troll. Very similar, with all those pointing stuff he got...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tsOe-FCnO1g/Ro0yQJ7qghI/AAAAAAAAAGU/wNBiqZU7s_0/s400/troll+4.jpg

:pepper00::thumbs

Right, that's why you always give me rep points :coffee:

The Journeyman
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Has anybody ever told you that you look like a fetus?

Radola
02-13-2011, 09:57 PM

You could pass as Turk anytime, don´t worry!:thumb001:

Aramis
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Argenraza looks more Yugo than any south Slavic member on this board. Damn, that's some scary shit.

Proto-Shaman
01-07-2014, 04:23 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1528510_548882618552397_1244377532_n.jpg

Proto-Shaman
03-13-2014, 10:44 PM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1796707_728548903844485_1439634471_n.jpg

gültekin
04-30-2014, 10:47 PM
çok insan forumda var (forum+da) Turkish
sok ember forumban van (forum+ban) Hungarish

There are many people in the forum

Barbarian
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1528510_548882618552397_1244377532_n.jpg

Will be crowned Gábor Khaghan in the future.

Xanthias
05-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Turkish-Hungarian "connection". Sounds nice, fighting two shits united in one.