PDA

View Full Version : help with my haplo J-M205

Clawgauth
03-09-2018, 11:12 PM
So, I've just discovered that my paternal line is J-M205

it seems really rare in the balkan zone ( somewhere between Serbia, Dalmazia, Croatia and Bulgaria)
I'm 100% from Veneto region, northern italy.

This haplo is TOTALLY uncommon in italy, and the j2 we find here are from other clades.

Someone can help me or tell me something about this mysterious haplogroup?

My opinion is that the during the Republic of Venice my paternal line came here.

Kelmendasi
03-10-2018, 03:54 PM
J2b1(J-M205) has origin around Iran and the Caucasus and is mainly found among Arabs, south Slavs and Levantines. If you belong to the Y22069 clade of J2b1 which is common among south Slavs then it could have either come into your ethnogenesis with a Slav or it could have come with Middle eastern peoples that migrated to Italy, Y22069 has TMRCA of 900ybp meaning all carriers of Y22069 share a common ancestor that lived during the middle ages in the Levant and moved to Europe during that time period. Although if you belong to Mediterranean clade which is found among Greeks and Iberians in low frequencies then it could have a Bronze Age origin in you. You would have to do further testing to know your clade

Clawgauth
03-10-2018, 04:01 PM
J2b1(J-M205) has origin around Iran and the Caucasus and is mainly found among Arabs, south Slavs and Levantines. If you belong to the Y22069 clade of J2b1 which is common among south Slavs then it could have either come into your ethnogenesis with a Slav or it could have come with Middle eastern peoples that migrated to Italy, Y22069 has TMRCA of 900ybp meaning all carriers of Y22069 share a common ancestor that lived during the middle ages in the Levant and moved to Europe during that time period. Although if you belong to Mediterranean clade which is found among Greeks and Iberians in low frequencies then it could have a Bronze Age origin in you. You would have to do further testing to know your clade

In my autosomic I have 0% stuff from middle east but an interesting high percentage of east asian for an italian. It can be a sign that my lineage come maybe from a slav that carry also some avar or magyar heritage maybe?

Kelmendasi
03-10-2018, 04:07 PM
In my autosomic I have 0% stuff from middle east but an interesting high percentage of east asian for an italian. It can be a sign that my lineage come maybe from a slav that carry also some avar or magyar heritage maybe?
Haplogroup doesn't necessarily effect the autosomal make up of a person as autosomal can be replaced. I think your direct paternal ancestor was probably a South Slav(Dalmatian Croat?) that got assimilated into a Venetian lifestyle and identity, although the origin in J2b1 in Slavs themselves is from the Levant(Some Serbs from the SerbianDNA project suggest Syria) and probably came into the Balkans via the Byzantine empire where it became part of the South Slav ethnos. There is also a chance that you could belong to the Med branch of J2b1, if so this would mean that it came into Europe during the Bronze Age from the Kura-Araxes(Southern Caucasus) and was spread via Sea Peoples

Clawgauth
03-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Haplogroup doesn't necessarily effect the autosomal make up of a person as autosomal can be replaced. I think your direct paternal ancestor was probably a South Slav(Dalmatian Croat?) that got assimilated into a Venetian lifestyle and identity, although the origin in J2b1 in Slavs themselves is from the Levant(Some Serbs from the SerbianDNA project suggest Syria) and probably came into the Balkans via the Byzantine empire where it became part of the South Slav ethnos. There is also a chance that you could belong to the Med branch of J2b1, if so this would mean that it came into Europe during the Bronze Age from the Kura-Araxes(Southern Caucasus) and was spread via Sea Peoples

that's actually my same opinion, for the simple fact that in italy there are only 3 or 4 people outside me that carry the same haplogroup and they are almost all in areas where some slavs settled during medieval ages.