PDA

View Full Version : Are kurds the most brown iranians?

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Are kurdish people the darkest iranians? Compared to the rest of the iranic groups in iran they seem to be the darkest. I have met light skinned iranians but never light skinned kurdish people, sometimes they look like indians ( I know this girl she looks indian)

Marmara
03-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Isn't it the opposite?

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Isn't it the opposite?

Really?? I would have thought this because the kurds i have seen were quite brown. In fact i saw one and me and my iranian friend thought she was pakistani or indian, but she told us she was kurdish and it shocked us lol

Kamal900
03-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Fuck no, lol. I'd say it's the Balochi people that are the most dark in Iran, although many of them are not that dark.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Fuck no, lol. I'd say it's the Balochi people that are the most dark in Iran, although many of them are not that dark.

oh true they may be the darkest. But dont you think that the northern iranians are whiter than the kurdish people?

Kamal900
03-10-2018, 01:57 PM
oh true they may be the darkest. But dont you think that the northern iranians are whiter than the kurdish people?

Depends on the Kurd really. I mean, Kurds in Iraq tend to be more darker than their Turkish counterparts due on the fact that a lot of them married with Arabs in the past, but as a whole, not really, no.

Marmara
03-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Really?? I would have thought this because the kurds i have seen were quite brown. In fact i saw one and me and my iranian friend thought she was pakistani or indian, but she told us she was kurdish and it shocked us lol

Kurds have diversity, but overall they must be lighter than Iranians.

I still don't think any of them would resemble Indians at any day.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 01:59 PM

I still don't think they would resemble Indians at any day.

Than iranians must be brown af. I dont know maybe i havent seen enough kurds to make a judgement but i have been to afghanistan and iran and tajikstan, the kurds were for sure the darkest. Again they may have been balochis dont get me wrong i am not 100 percent sure.

Marmara
03-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Oh wait you're the banned pashtoon/tajik.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Oh wait you're the banned pashtoon/tajik.

huh?

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:00 PM
most kurds are not from iran to begin with . and we are after ossetians (and maybe some isolated pocket groups) actually the lightest and most western iranic group . both genetically and phenotypically .

OP is that jamakazai guy . either a south asian troll or that troll who has 1000 sockaccounts with the IP from China or Hongkong . one of the 2 . not long ago he had a sock saying he is kashmiri . he obviously has an inferiority complex and tries to troll other people to feel better about himself .

butthurt because he got banned and came back now to open this thread :picard1:

AK-47
03-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Is being brown bad?
Not sure what the point of comparing skin-complexion is?
Do your anecdotal experiences of meeting Kurds, cover the Kurdish population that stretches from Turkey, Syria, to Northern Iraq?

pashtunstar
Depends on the Kurd really. I mean, Kurds in Iraq tend to be more darker than their Turkish counterparts due on the fact that a lot of them married with Arabs in the past, but as a whole, not really, no.

Yeah thats true, apparently the turkish kurds are the whitest ones or something. How comes this is? Why are kurds usually whiter in turkey than in other parts, I guess it has to do with climate or something

Nosferatu_
I don't think so.Some kurds can pass in south Europe and many of them as Turks.What about Pashtuns?

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Is being brown bad?
Not sure what the point of comparing skin-complexion is?
Do your anecdotal experiences of meeting Kurds, cover the Kurdish population that stretches from Turkey, Syria to Northern Iraq?

Im sorry if it sounded like i was trynna amke it sound like brown is bad. I didnt mean that really bro. Ur 100 percent right, my experience cant judge everything.

Kamal900
03-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Yeah thats true, apparently the turkish kurds are the whitest ones or something. How comes this is? Why are kurds usually whiter in turkey than in other parts, I guess it has to do with climate or something

That and admixture from other peoples. They're genetically west asiatics, and most of them don't live in hot and arid like we Arabs do.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:03 PM
most kurds are not from iran to begin with . and we are after ossetians (and maybe some isolated pocket groups) actually the lightest and most western iranic group . both genetically and phenotypically .

OP is that jamakazai guy . either a south asian troll or that troll who has 1000 sockaccounts with the IP from China or Hongkong . one of the 2 . not long ago he had a sock saying he is kashmiri . he obviously has an inferiority complex and tries to troll other people to feel better about himself .

butthurt because he got banned and came back now to open this thread :picard1:

Dude i swear im not a troll bro i swear to god.

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:04 PM
I don't think so.Some kurds can pass in south Europe and many of them as Turks.What about Pashtuns?

he is not even pashtun but a curry troll or ching chong troll . one of the 2 I am very sure .

another possibility is that he is that brazilian guy who loved mats hummels

if he is indeed pashtun then it is hilarious too

pashtunstar

I still don't think any of them would resemble Indians at any day.

Yh ur right i met some atypical kurdish person LOL. I dont know why i am getting bashed i just asked a question, I was interested, I wanna know the diversity of countries.

Kivan
They must be SSA near of original aryan Tronders from Afghanistan and South Asia.

https://gnosticwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Kalash-tribe-girl.jpg

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Dude i swear im not a troll bro i swear to god.

haha

improve your life "bro" . I am serious . people like you have problems you need to fix it . I am holding myself back to not be too offensive because I dont want to hurt you . true story . I actually think I know who you are

Marmara
03-10-2018, 02:06 PM
I even heard once that Kurds are considered the tall blonde Nordics of Iran, not sure how much true.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:07 PM

Yh ur right. Pashtuns have their own identity, some tend to be dark (mostly olive complexion) because of mixing with south asians (specifically the ones in the south). But the ones in the north can pass for european for sure, especially the gilzai a certain tribe of pashtun have an affinity with nuristanis.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:09 PM
They must be SSA near of original aryan Tronders from Afghanistan and South Asia.

https://gnosticwarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Kalash-tribe-girl.jpg

XD i dont understand what u said there.

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Not sure what this mean but Brown is a nice color it is one of my favorite colors.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:10 PM
I even heard once that Kurds are considered the tall blonde Nordics of Iran, not sure how much true.

Yh they do seem to be quite tall. Most kurds have some irano nordid phenotype right?

Yaglakar
03-10-2018, 02:11 PM
This is you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52QsDDBvhRc

:D

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:12 PM
haha

improve your life "bro" . I am serious . people like you have problems you need to fix it . I am holding myself back to not be too offensive because I dont want to hurt you . true story . I actually think I know who you are

Its fine. im sorry if i offended u or something i am not a troll bro i promise. Who do u think i am then be honest, you can pm me I am not a troll i am an ethnic pashtun from afghanistan.

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Yh ur right. Pashtuns have their own identity, some tend to be dark (mostly olive complexion) because of mixing with south asians (specifically the ones in the south). But the ones in the north can pass for european for sure, especially the gilzai a certain tribe of pashtun have an affinity with nuristanis.

Are you from the North or South? Are you one of the ones that pass for a cracker?

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Are you from the North or South? Are you one of the ones that pass for a cracker?

People get shocked when i say i am from afghanistan, I am living in europe right now people think im from italy or greece, never heard someone say they think i am middle eastern or something, Yes i am from the north.

Marmara
03-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Yh they do seem to be quite tall. Most kurds have some irano nordid phenotype right?

Not sure about percentage but yes, they are usually tall and slender, with higher percentage of blondes and colored eyes compared to their other Iranic counterparts.

Kurds kept their nomadic lifestyle for longer time which meant they kept their original Aryan genes purer, and they're usually distinct from neighbouring populations by their looks.

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:14 PM
blondism is atypical either way

this is how we look

http://w11.zetaboards.com/anthroworld/topic/30258444/1/#post10013867

better looking than OP and his people for sure in any case

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Not sure about percentage but yes, they are usually tall and slender, with high percentage of blondes and colored eyes compared to their other Iranic counterparts.

Yeah pashtuns tend to have a lot of green eyes and blue eyes as well, obviously kurds have more, especially the ones in turkey because they probably mixed with people from caucus.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:15 PM
blondism is atypical either way

this is how we look

http://w11.zetaboards.com/anthroworld/topic/30258444/1/#post10013867

better looking than OP and his people for sure in any case

I think my people look better, why do u have to be so mean man.

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 02:17 PM
People get shocked when i say i am from afghanistan, I am living in europe right now people think im from italy or greece, never heard someone say they think i am middle eastern or something, Yes i am from the north.

Most people know nothing of these places in the Middle East. All they know is they are Muslims. In the USA we have very few people from the Middle East. Europe has much more as they are closer.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Not sure what this mean but Brown is a nice color it is one of my favorite colors.

XD

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Most people know nothing of these places in the Middle East. All they know is they are Muslims. In the USA we have very few people from the Middle East. Europe has much more as they are closer.

yh i know its quite sad how uneducated people are of middle eastern countries and central asian countries.

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:20 PM
I think my people look better, why do u have to be so mean man.

a person that is happy with his (or his peoples) look will not troll (or try to trigger) others :)

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 02:21 PM
yh i know its quite sad how uneducated people are of middle eastern countries and central asian countries.

Well, I would not expect them to know much about it. Those parts have just not been important throughout history, I do not even know what a Pashtun is. Plus, some of those countries are huge land masses I am sure people from opposite parts of the countries probably are not really similar.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:22 PM
a person that is happy with his (or his peoples) look will not troll (or try to trigger) others :)

I love my people man, I think they are beautiful, I think kurds are beautiful as well. I am sorry if i angered u this was not what i made this post for.

lameduck
03-10-2018, 02:26 PM
No balochs are

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:33 PM
No balochs are

What colour are baloch in ur opinion.

lameduck
03-10-2018, 02:44 PM
What colour are baloch in ur opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/SQaKtQa.jpg

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 02:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SQaKtQa.jpg

interesting

Hadouken
03-10-2018, 02:51 PM
baloch are mostly light brown with some medium brown . with suntan and beards etc. they are of course darker . but they are some of the most west shifted and lighter compared to most south asians especially indians . they also have a lot less ASI and are mostly Gedrosia CHG

may they fuck OPs mother too

Gangrel
03-10-2018, 04:52 PM

Persian member here told me that in Iran Kurds are taller and lighter skinned than Persians, there is truth to this

Kelmendasi
03-10-2018, 04:55 PM
I doubt it. I have seen really light skinned Kurds

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Persian member here told me that in Iran Kurds are taller and lighter skinned than Persians, there is truth to this

I dont think theres enough evidence for that. I think thats just based on experience. I myself am 6 foot 1 and have a lot of tall persian friends, taller than most kurds that I see, that could easily create the presumption that they are taller.

Gangrel
03-10-2018, 04:58 PM
I dont think theres enough evidence for that. I think thats just based on experience. I myself am 6 foot 1 and have a lot of tall persian friends, taller than most kurds that I see, that could easily create the presumption that they are taller.

I trust the opinion of an actual Persian (who seems unbiased) more than a sockpuppet troll. Stop wasting my time

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 04:59 PM
I doubt it. I have seen really light skinned Kurds

Again, based on experience. I have mainly seen dark ones, but now searching through the web, they seem to look like normal iranians.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:00 PM
I trust the opinion of an actual Persian (who seems unbiased) more than a sockpuppet troll. Stop wasting my time

I am not a sock puppet troll. I have seen tall ones and short ones, I am trying to say that there is no evidence based answer to the question.

Token
03-10-2018, 05:12 PM
It is hilarious how people here get so easily triggered when their ethnicity is labelled as dark or swarthy by some random internet surfer. Pathetic to say the least.

Pahli
03-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Some of us are tall (like me), but blondism is highly overrated, in my family I'd almost say there are more gingers than blondes although we have a fair share of both but they are obviously not dominant

Lul OP is surely of young age, seems like he is trolling.

Kurds are usually lighter than Persians, there are some dark individuals but I have an impression that retarded Turks have spammed those pictures over and over again, they aren't as dark as you would think.

Although I've seen rare types of Persians that would fit in the Balkans lol

Sora
03-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Some Kurds are brown, some Kurds are not. In Turkey, there are not much brown Kurds. But rather brunette. I have a lot of Kurdish friends in my class and they're generally brunette. But they're still a diverse. I have a Kurdish friend who's light-featured and a Kurdish friend who looks like brunette Japanese(I said Japanese cuz' of her eye shape is childish-round Asian eyes). Also I have a Kurdish friend who's very dark( even brown).

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:21 PM
It is hilarious how people here get so easily triggered when their ethnicity is labelled as dark or swarthy by some random internet surfer. Pathetic to say the least.

I know i am not trolling at all, I am asking a genuine question because of my experience but i am getting so much backlash.

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Some Kurds are brown, some Kurds are not. In Turkey, there are not much brown Kurds. But rather brunette. I have a lot of Kurdish friends in my class and they're generally brunette. But they're still a diverse. I have a Kurdish friend who's light-featured and a Kurdish friend who looks like brunette Japanese(I said Japanese cuz' of her eye shape is childish-round Asian eyes). Also I have a Kurdish friend who's very dark( even brown).

Thats interesting, what about turkic groups, some of them seem like europeans XD

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Some of us are tall (like me), but blondism is highly overrated, in my family I'd almost say there are more gingers than blondes although we have a fair share of both but they are obviously not dominant

Lul OP is surely of young age, seems like he is trolling.

Kurds are usually lighter than Persians, there are some dark individuals but I have an impression that retarded Turks have spammed those pictures over and over again, they aren't as dark as you would think

Yh ur right, I just checked some pictures out, there are a lot of coloured haired kurds. I guess the kurds i met were very atypical, considering i couldnt find one that was dark or swarrthy like the ones i had met. They are a good looking bunch :)

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Is it typical to find european looking kurds>?

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Oh the terminology brown, olive, white,peach, tan, wheatish, brunette. Lets just call them all one term WOG and be done with it. I am a WOG and proud just like my MENA cousins should be!

pashtunstar
03-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Oh the terminology brown, olive, white,peach, tan, wheatish, brunette. Lets just call them all one term WOG and be done with it. I am a WOG and proud just like my MENA cousins should be!

What does WOG mean?

JohnSmith
03-10-2018, 05:46 PM
What does WOG mean?

TO ME , it refers to a Non-North Western(Anglo) looking person. It is an Anglo created word and belongs to us but more-so an Australian term and maybe the UK also.

Babak
07-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Yep, they are. In fact, kurds and azeris are nearly identical in appearance.

Babak
07-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Not sure about percentage but yes, they are usually tall and slender, with higher percentage of blondes and colored eyes compared to their other Iranic counterparts.

Kurds kept their nomadic lifestyle for longer time which meant they kept their original Aryan genes purer, and they're usually distinct from neighbouring populations by their looks.

Aryan genes purer lol. Kurds and persians score pretty close when it comes to steppe admixture. In fact, a lot of north iraqis are kurdified assyrians.

Sora
07-11-2018, 07:32 PM
No. They're lightest after Tajiks indeed. Belochs are darkest as far as I know

Frequency115
07-11-2018, 11:51 PM
No. They're lightest after Tajiks indeed. Belochs are darkest as far as I know

Ossetians are by far the lightest Iranics. They are as light as eastern europeans and north caucasians. Tajiks and Kurds are after

Zroota
07-12-2018, 12:00 AM
In my experience, Kurds have been one of the lightest Iranian groups.

Marmara
07-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Aryan genes purer lol. Kurds and persians score pretty close when it comes to steppe admixture. In fact, a lot of north iraqis are kurdified assyrians.

As far as i know Kurds from different regions genetically plot closest to each other and distinct from Assyrians, Arabs, Armenians and Turks; but there are also Kurds who plot closer to these ethnicities and further away from main Kurdish cluster.

Haider
07-12-2018, 12:13 AM
No, but they are also not lighter than Persians.

Khamzat
07-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Kurds are lighter than tajiks and are the lightest Iranic people, i would go as far to say they are the lightest west asian ethnic group, I agree on baloch being the darkest though.

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 12:19 AM
No they are one of the lightest Iranic groups. The darkest is Balochies and Pashtuns. Kurds in Iraq at times have Arab ancestry often on their maternal line, hence why some of them appear to be exotic. However Kurds in Iraq are the lightest group, and tallest. Kurds can often have blue eyes, blond hair, ect but still look Mideast.

seems like a troll thread

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 12:25 AM

There is certainly an Assyrian element among them, but is there genetic proof that they are Kurdified Assyrians? I don't doubt that. I know some Iraqi Kurds might have some Arab ancestry but most often it would via their maternal lineage. Though I did notice that there is slight differences between Iraqi Kurds and other Kurds from Iran/Turkey.

Yes Azeris are genetically identical to Kurds, aside from the linguistic factor, plus they originally spoke Azari which was very close to Kurdish.

me99
07-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Baluchis are

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 12:29 AM
No, but they are also not lighter than Persians.

It depends on the Persian group, some like the Sistanis are very dark, well others like the Lurs are often light

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 04:12 AM
Kurds are lighter than tajiks and are the lightest Iranic people, i would go as far to say they are the lightest west asian ethnic group, I agree on baloch being the darkest though.

Ossetians are THE lightest of all Iranian groups and they also have a much higher steppe ancestry than most. If anything, ossetians are the only true Iranians. Everyone else is mixed with arabs and south asians which gives them the dark/middle eastern look. Although, Ossetian women cluster with women from Iran than caucasian or Slavic ones
http://imgur.com/0zZKVla.jpg
http://imgur.com/11RsyPN.jpg
http://imgur.com/Kdecnkf.jpg

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:22 AM
Ossetians are by far the lightest Iranics. They are as light as eastern europeans and north caucasians. Tajiks and Kurds are after

I think it goes like this:

- Ossetians
- Pamiri Tajiks and Panjshiri Tajiks
- some Kurds, other Tajiks, and some Pashtuns
- Persians, other Pashtuns
- Balochis

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Ossetians are THE lightest of all Iranian groups and they also have a much higher steppe ancestry than most. If anything, ossetians are the only true Iranians. Everyone else is mixed with arabs and south asians which gives them the dark/middle eastern look. Although, Ossetian women cluster with women from Iran than caucasian or Slavic ones

Pashtuns and Pamiri Tajiks also have high steppe input, and have retained a lot of the original Iranian cultural elements, too. They are true Iranians, too. Even people who are low on steppe ancestry like Kurds and Persians have retained more historically Iranian elements than Ossetians have.

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Pashtuns and Pamiri Tajiks also have high steppe input, and have retained a lot of the original Iranian cultural elements, too. They are true Iranians, too. Even people who are low on steppe ancestry like Kurds and Persians have retained more historically Iranian elements than Ossetians have.

Not really Persians have a lot of Mesopotamian influence lol

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:27 AM

Enough with this "Persians and Mesopotamians" bullcrap, it is just not true lol.

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 04:29 AM

They seem very light, their even lighter than Balkars!

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:30 AM
They seem very light, their even lighter than Balkars!

Aren't Balkars a Turkic people in the North Caucasus?

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 04:33 AM
Aren't Balkars a Turkic people in the North Caucasus?

Yes but their genetically very identical to Ossetians but they have more darker hair and eyes, although there is blondism here and there. Many can look very Mong influenced though. I am partially Balkar

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Yes but their genetically very identical to Ossetians but they have more darker hair and eyes, although there is blondism here and there. Many can look very Mong influenced though. I am partially Balkar

Interesting. Do you know if your Circassian is Cherkess, Kabardin, Adyegey, or Abkhaz?

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 04:38 AM
Interesting. Do you know if your Circassian is Cherkess, Kabardin, Adyegey, or Abkhaz?

It's Shapsug

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 04:39 AM

Not actually true. A lot of 'persians' in Iran are most likely Arab migrants and south Asian slaves who migrated deeper into the Iranian plateau. Arabs migrated into Iran due to the fact that Iran's environment actually supports life and agriculture. Which is why you can find dark and sematic looking 'persians'. South Asians were brought into Iran through massive waves of slavery. Persians were probably much more pure before Arab migration and mongol genocide. there are arab texts describing persians as red skins, same with the romans. mostly because light skin burns red in heavy sun light. Just because you happen to speak Persian, which is the official language, doesn't make you an ethnic Persian. I doubt some Persians are actually Persians

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:41 AM
Not actually true. A lot of 'persians' in Iran are most likely Arab migrants and south Asian slaves who migrated deeper into the Iranian plateau. Arabs migrated into Iran due to the fact that Iran's environment actually supports life and agriculture. Which is why you can find dark and sematic looking 'persians'. South Asians were brought into Iran through massive waves of slavery. Persians were probably much more pure before Arab migration and mongol genocide.

The Arab invasions and South Asians brought into Iran were never numerous enough to change the genepool of Iranians. They would have had to outnumber the population in order to do that.

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:43 AM
Anyways, I think this thread is laughable on both ends. Kurds are not the darkest Iranian people, but they are not these "pure aryans" that people imply they are. Kurds barely have any steppe ancestry, and they are not the lightest Iranians either. The lightest are Ossetians and Pamiri Tajiks. Eastern Iranian groups have more steppe ancestry and have preserved more of the culture that came from the original Iranics.

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 04:52 AM
The Arab invasions and South Asians brought into Iran were never numerous enough to change the genepool of Iranians. They would have had to outnumber the population in order to do that.

80% of the Iranian population was wiped off during the mongol invasion of Iran. Who knows what kind of communities and gene pools the Mongols wiped off

Gangrel
07-12-2018, 04:59 AM

He changes it whenever he feels like it. Don't trust a word out of this bullshitters mouth

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 05:04 AM
80% of the Iranian population was wiped off during the mongol invasion of Iran. Who knows what kind of communities and gene pools the Mongols wiped off

There is no source or academic study that shows such. Only white nationalists spread that rumor.

StonyArabia
07-12-2018, 05:21 AM
He changes it whenever he feels like it. Don't trust a word out of this bullshitters mouth

LOL I have posted my DNA results you norther mideast numbuts

Gangrel
07-12-2018, 05:37 AM
LOL I have posted my DNA results you norther mideast numbuts

http://abload.de/img/proudnik47.png

Babak
07-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Not actually true. A lot of 'persians' in Iran are most likely Arab migrants and south Asian slaves who migrated deeper into the Iranian plateau. Arabs migrated into Iran due to the fact that Iran's environment actually supports life and agriculture. Which is why you can find dark and sematic looking 'persians'. South Asians were brought into Iran through massive waves of slavery. Persians were probably much more pure before Arab migration and mongol genocide. there are arab texts describing persians as red skins, same with the romans. mostly because light skin burns red in heavy sun light. Just because you happen to speak Persian, which is the official language, doesn't make you an ethnic Persian. I doubt some Persians are actually Persians

ADNA results show Iranians are mostly native to Iran with Steppe input. Iran, as a whole, hasn't been genetically impacted by arabs. There are no arab sources describing persians as having red hair, in fact, arabs referred Sassanian general Bahman as"the owner of bushy eyebrows". As for mongols, they mostly massacred central asian iranics, not Iranians proper.

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Bahman+Jadhuyih

Iranian PCA Plot:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2a6723q.jpg

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
24.6% Steppe_MLBA
5.6% Kharia
1.9% She
1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775

Khamzat
07-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Yh your right i completely forgot about ossetions, in regards to people saying pamiris are lighter than kurds i disagree the pamiris i've seen in gilgit north Pakistan were darker than kurds.

mrhawq
07-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Yh your right i completely forgot about ossetions, in regards to people saying pamiris are lighter than kurds i disagree the pamiris i've seen in gilgit north Pakistan were darker than kurds.

Aren't the mutually shared ethnic groups usually a bit darker in Pakistan? i.e Balochis and Pathans are darker than their iran and afgan counterparts respectively in general.

So would you not expect Pamiris to be a bit darker in Pakistan as well in general?

Khamzat
07-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Aren't the mutually shared ethnic groups usually a bit darker in Pakistan? i.e Balochis and Pathans are darker than their iran and afgan counterparts respectively in general.

So would you not expect Pamiris to be a bit darker in Pakistan as well in general?
No it baloch and pashtuns in Pakistan are slightly dark than their Iranian and Afghan counterparts but iranic groups in the far north of Pakistan like Wakhis and pamiris are no different to thier tajik and Afghan counterparts, it's because the natives of gilgit and Chitral are the lightest people in south asia so Pakistani pamiris and wakhis are surrounded by other light ethnicities while Pakistani pashtuns and baloch are next to punjabis and sindhis who are obviously darker than Iranians.

mrhawq
07-12-2018, 03:12 PM
No it baloch and pashtuns in Pakistan are slightly dark than their Iranian and Afghan counterparts but iranic groups in the far north of Pakistan like Wakhis and pamiris are no different to thier tajik and Afghan counterparts, it's because the natives of gilgit and Chitral are the lightest people in south asia so Pakistani pamiris and wakhis are surrounded by other light ethnicities while Pakistani pashtuns and baloch are next to punjabis and sindhis who are obviously darker than Iranians.

my bad, that was a typo. That's what i meant, Balochis and pashtuns in Pakistan darker than Iran and Afganistan.

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:29 PM

I've seen Pamiris and they are definitely lighter than Kurds, especially Iraqi ones. They have 5x the steppe input, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IMQ_1weG7w

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-94ce8d4f84d4eac3674e631163babb3e-c

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 04:40 PM
ADNA results show Iranians are mostly native to Iran with Steppe input. Iran, as a whole, hasn't been genetically impacted by arabs. There are no arab sources describing persians as having red hair, in fact, arabs referred Sassanian general Bahman as"the owner of bushy eyebrows". As for mongols, they mostly massacred central asian iranics, not Iranians proper.

Iranian PCA Plot:

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
24.6% Steppe_MLBA
5.6% Kharia
1.9% She
1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775

Ok thanks for the graph but I didn't say anything about red hair. I was talking about red skin. There are indeed Arab texts describing both Persian and Romans as red skins due to its lighter features while Arabs classified themselves as a different colour since they are obviously darker. Even the Greeks classified the Persians as light as themselves. Herodotus, Greek historian, stated that he could not distinguish the Persians with his own people and their skin was light and shining on the battlefield. What happened to this attribute? Certainly something must've happened

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Iranian PCA Plot:

Iranians

66.9% Iran_ChL
24.6% Steppe_MLBA
5.6% Kharia
1.9% She
1.0% Yoruba

distance=4.9775

He said red skin, but even a lot of modern Iranians have red skin after being in the sun for really long lol. It's called a sunburn.

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Ok thanks for the graph but I didn't say anything about red hair. I was talking about red skin. There are indeed Arab texts describing both Persian and Romans as red skins due to its lighter features while Arabs classified themselves as a different colour since they are obviously darker. Even the Greeks classified the Persians as light as themselves. Herodotus, Greek historian, stated that he could not distinguish the Persians with his own people and their skin was light and shining on the battlefield. What happened to this attribute? Certainly something must've happened

It's not hard for many people of Iranian descent (even olive skinned ones) to have red skin, especially after being out in the heat for too long. That's called a sunburn, bro.

Myanthropologies
07-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Anyways, I think this thread is stupid. In all honesty, I don't think there is a very noticeable difference in the coloring of Kurds, Iranians, or Afghans. They are all mostly a shade of light tan. Eastern Iranics do have the highest percentage of light hair and light eyes out of all the iranic meta-ethnicities, but they are still overall a light tan people like the Kurds and Iranians.

Babak
07-12-2018, 05:03 PM

Those were probably the elites of the empire, but even then, red skin was probably due to sun burn lol. I'm not sure why everyone says Iranians are a dark looking group of people. Not that its a bad thing, but its just they aren't.

https://gdb.voanews.com/49B8A0E1-7BDA-4F87-B3FF-FD63C5FB7964_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Those were probably the elites of the empire, but even then, red skin was probably due to sun burn lol. I'm not sure why everyone says Iranians are a dark looking group of people. Not that its a bad thing, but its just they aren't.

Why is it that regime supporters always look like a blend of semites? I have seen tons of Iranians, mostly Persians who are more western and liberal but they don't have this backward look that the muslim regime supporters have in Iran... Are regime supports imported from other Muslim countries? or mixed with iraqi Arabs and Bedouins?

The darkness comes from the fact that Iranians arent familiar with Sun screen. Iran has a high concentration of UV radiation. Theres a reason why Iranians in Europe are much lighter than the ones in Iran. In the US, a plain Irish men will turn African black by working under the sunlight without Sun screen. Look at American construction workers. They're dark as Africans

http://imgur.com/egvJ3ab.jpg
http://imgur.com/msMwINJ.jpg
http://imgur.com/WdiFdKz.jpg
http://imgur.com/mdu8kV8.jpg
http://imgur.com/DGYH2on.jpg
http://imgur.com/VQggV8i.jpg

Frequency115
07-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Much of the skin colour is probably not genetic. Iranians can have dark faces and and arms but their bodies could be light. Iran receives much more sunlight and UV radiation than people think. That's why ossetians and eastern Iranians are lighter, it's because they live in different environments with clouds that block much of the sunlight

porpozontokonto
03-19-2020, 04:01 AM
Kurds are even more diverse than Turks, for example Kurds in Iran tend to be more lighter than their Kurmanji - Anatolian counterparts, in average.

Nomansman
03-19-2020, 11:09 AM
Kurds are even more diverse than Turks, for example Kurds in Iran tend to be more lighter than their Kurmanji - Anatolian counterparts, in average.

Could yoou post some examples?

Kyp
03-19-2020, 11:13 AM
Kurds are just Iranian. So they are probably lighter than some Iranian groups and darker than others.
Only thing that differs is mentality.

Kurds from Turkey are mixed with Anatolians and look more Anatolid/Armenoid on average.

Voskos
03-19-2020, 11:20 AM
I doubt it. I suppose they're among the lightest iranics.

Oghuz
03-19-2020, 11:21 AM
Kurds are of variety. But they do have the lightest and most CM influenced Iranid phenotypes.

Kamal900
03-19-2020, 11:24 AM

They're simply just middle eastern ethnic Aryans really. Most Levantines don't look Europeans either regardless on how much Whitewashed the Lebanese Christians are on internet forums and so on. I had mistaken many Iranians in my life for Levantine Arabs, and my father looks very Persian as well.

Kamal900
03-19-2020, 11:25 AM

They're simply just middle eastern ethnic Aryans really. Most Levantines don't look Europeans either regardless on how much Whitewashed the Lebanese Christians are on internet forums and so on. I had mistaken many Iranians in my life for Levantine Arabs, and my father looks very Persian as well.

Marmara
03-19-2020, 11:27 AM

How do you know? I don't think there is difference.

Kess
03-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Kurds are just Iranian. So they are probably lighter than some Iranian groups and darker than others.
Only thing that differs is mentality.

Kurds from Turkey are mixed with Anatolians and look more Anatolid/Armenoid on average.

Yeah Anatolian Kurds darker because they have also Arab and Armenian heritage

Kyp
03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Yeah Anatolian Kurds darker because they have also Arab and Armenian heritage

I don't know about darker. But they look a bit different yes.