You're born
You bust your ass in school for grades that don't matter when you're grown
You bust your ass at work for petty accolades and wages
You suffer personal tragedy
Then, one day you die

Discuss.

TheForeigner
03-16-2018, 08:52 AM
So what are your plans? You sound very depressed and tired of life. I hope you are not suicidal.

Heather Duval
03-16-2018, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g

Heather Duval
03-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Try to be something different, then.

Hulu
03-16-2018, 02:32 PM
In between these moments there's joy and exhilaration and happiness. Try to take it easy, be nice to yourself.

Paluga
03-16-2018, 02:51 PM
I think it would be awesome to experience consciousness without a body, like a ghost or something.... Being trapped in this flesh is defenitely not a very good thing...

Óttar
03-16-2018, 03:18 PM
This is the first noble truth of Buddhism.

I really should be eating right and lifting weights, but I can't pick my lazy ass off the ground long enough to get back to it.

I would recommend learning the stock market, and maybe getting involved in real estate. If you can assemble a tribe of bros to network and drink with, that would be ideal.

This is the human condition. I agree. Work is stupid. If people just collectively refused to do it, society would collapse and we could build something better.

Bobby Martnen
03-16-2018, 03:34 PM
So what are your plans? You sound very depressed and tired of life. I hope you are not suicidal.

I'm not, because I believe that if I work hard and live a moral life, I will be rewarded by God in Heaven. So I just gotta stick with it even when it's tough.

Decius
03-17-2018, 05:50 AM
You're born
You bust your ass in school for grades that don't matter when you're grown
You bust your ass at work for petty accolades and wages
You suffer personal tragedy
Then, one day you die

Discuss.

The only thing that matters is god.

Bobby Martnen
03-17-2018, 05:52 AM
The only thing that matters is god.

Exactly. The world we live in is unfair, but God makes everything right in the next world. Without God, life wouldn't be worth living.

And the fact that we recognize that this life is unfair is a sign of God's existence, since all humans innately have the conception of fair and unfair, which means they have to come from somewhere.

Decius
03-17-2018, 05:54 AM
I'm not, because I believe that if I work hard and live a moral life, I will be rewarded by God in Heaven. So I just gotta stick with it even when it's tough.

Become a monk or something then they are the best humans at staying away from sins and all this worldly crap.

Bobby Martnen
03-17-2018, 05:55 AM
Become a monk or something then they are the best humans at staying away from sins and all this worldly crap.

Protestants don't have monks, unfortunately.

Decius
03-17-2018, 05:58 AM
Girlfriends, Sex, Mansions,Cars don't even matter that's all temperorry we are going to die in like 60-70 years.

Lek
03-17-2018, 06:04 AM
https://www.askideas.com/media/83/Life-is-suffering.-Buddha.jpg

Lek
03-17-2018, 06:06 AM
http://img.picturequotes.com/2/68/67974/life-is-suffering-life-is-not-resistance-to-suffering-the-point-of-life-is-to-suffer-this-is-why-quote-1.jpg

Armenian Bishop
03-17-2018, 06:37 AM
As someone who practiced Buddhism for a number of years, I must say that this isn't exclusively a Buddhist Dilemma.

For example: The crucifixion experience relates to us all, as we encounter the rite of passage into the place that is beyond the mortality of the physical body; another words, in the suffering of our dying experiences, there is a connection to the crucifixion of Christ. As for the resurrection, that is yet another place for a serious discussion.

Bobby Martnen
03-17-2018, 06:37 AM
As someone who practiced Buddhism for a number of years, I must say that this isn't exclusively a Buddhist Dilemma.

For example: The crucifixion experience relates to us all, as we encounter the rite of passage into the place that is beyond the mortality of the physical body; another words, in the suffering of our dying experiences, there is a connection to the crucifixion of Christ. As for the resurrection, that is yet another place for a serious discussion.

What does it mean to be a "Christian Mystic"?

Lek
03-17-2018, 06:57 AM
I have suffered. The Buddha is right.

Meditation or vipassana is probably the road to stop suffering and to enlightment.

Armenian Bishop
03-17-2018, 06:58 AM
What does it mean to be a "Christian Mystic"?

Perhaps, it's time for me to open an "Ask Me" Thread.

As a Christian Mystic I take my personal experiences, on a daily basis, and use them to see into my relationship with God, and the Cosmos. It's too much to explain in a few words, but I should add that I keep the eye of my soul open to what is around me, and within me, and I use these experiences to seek a better understanding.

As for the scriptures, I give greater attention to the words spoken by Jesus Christ. This is from Wikipedia: "The attributes and means by which Christian mysticism is studied and practiced are varied. They range from ecstatic visions of the soul's mystical union with God to simple prayerful contemplation of Holy Scripture (i.e., Lectio Divina)."

This is the Wikipedia Definition: "Christian mysticism refers to the development of mystical practices and theory within Christianity. It has often been connected to mystical theology, especially in the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Christianity (both the Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox traditions)."

And, this is from Wikipedia about Mysticism: "In early Christianity the term mystikos referred to three dimensions, which soon became intertwined, namely the biblical, the liturgical and the spiritual or contemplative."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mysticism

Bobby Martnen
03-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Relevant vocaroo https://vocaroo.com/i/s0WPz5okrX84