PDA

View Full Version : Paul wins conservatives' straw poll.

Joe McCarthy
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Recently Romney won the New Hampshire poll going away. That he did this well in this poll, given his moderate leanings, bodes well for him. Paul's showing is no doubt due to his fiscally hawkish views - and the deficit is the big issue at the moment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110212/ap_on_el_ge/us_conservatives_straw_poll

WASHINGTON – Texas congressman Ron Paul won the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference for the second straight year Saturday and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney finished second.

Paul got 30 percent, while Romney got 23 percent of the votes of those attending the conference in Washington.

Others were grouped far behind.

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson had 6 percent along with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich got 5 percent. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels were at 4 percent.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin got 3 percent and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee got 2 percent. Palin and Huckabee are two high-profile Republicans who did not attend, while many potential candidates made speeches at the conference.

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

Paul is a hero to libertarians and has a fiercely loyal following.

The straw poll was co-sponsored by CPAC and The Washington Times.

Austin
02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I hate Romney.

-Fake conservative

-Fake social conservative

-Mormon (freak)

-Business, stand-for-nothing conservative from a neo-Christian religion (Mormonism)

Joe McCarthy
02-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd prefer Gingrich. He is by far the most intelligent, competent, and serious of the lot. But Romney likely has the best chance to beat the mocha messiah, and his fiscal policies should help the US retain its primacy - he's even said he's determined not to see the US go the way of Britain.

Austin
02-13-2011, 12:17 AM
I'd prefer Gingrich. He is by far the most intelligent, competent, and serious of the lot. But Romney likely has the best chance to beat the mocha messiah, and his fiscal policies should help the US retain its primacy - he's even said he's determined not to see the US go the way of Britain.

I agree Gingrich is good, yet honestly I question his actual devotion, considering he worked for Bill Clinton and both the Clinton's represent the worst of what liberalism has brought the West. Clinton did more to promote the culture of rap and racial degeneracy that we have now than any other U.S. president. Clinton gave the black community legitimacy politically speaking, and Gingrich worked for that man.

I think Gingrich probably is a political whore, yet he leans on the side of good as of late it seems, ever since he befriended the business conservatives and the neocons and allied Zionist factions.

Romney can never win and is a typical hand-picked favorite of the left as they know WASPS, the neo-right, and libertarian-minded conservatives will never vote for him. Romney is and will be the Mccain in this election, the candidate the left will run in the name of conservatism.

It will matter not though I suspect. Obama is going to win the presidency as the right has no real candidate that appeals to all the factions of the right. What will then occur will likely occur, and will hence usher in, I suspect anyways, what I and tens of millions of others have waited for our whole lives, and then the true West can come into emergence once the liberal facade has been shattered by this possible occurrence.