02-14-2011, 10:34 PM
cyyw8s7UyRU

3:33: "Samurai!" :D

Raikaswinþs
02-14-2011, 11:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/rawbery79/Gifs/simpsons.gif

Graham
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
hahaha! The guys been watching too many kung foo movies. Swinging his nunchuck broom, quality!

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Holy shit, Kalevipoeg takes whacks from a telescope baton like it just tickles! :eek:

Those cops are an embarrassment. :coffee:

Talvi
02-15-2011, 08:13 AM
I can never go to Helsinki again. :(

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Talvi, beware, we have einsatzgruppen rounding up Estonians as we speak. :cool:

Mart Kuus: Soome politseinikud lõid mind teleskoopnuiaga! (http://www.elu24.ee/?id=153463)

I sympathize with him, even if its not a good idea to get violent with cops, its his own fault in that resepct.

This was weird / funny:

Vahetult enne politsei saabumist tulid minu juurde kaks musta ja väitsid, et on Somaaliast ning lubasid selle teo eest mul kõri läbi lõigata, auto põlema panna ja et ma ei lahku kunagi Soomest. Saatsin nad p...se!

:confused:

Eldritch
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Holy shit, Kalevipoeg takes whacks from a telescope baton like it just tickles! :eek:

And the mace has less effect on him than Rexona would on me. :thumb001:

Talvi
02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Talvi, beware, we have einsatzgruppen rounding up Estonians as we speak. :cool:

Mart Kuus: Soome politseinikud lõid mind teleskoopnuiaga! (http://www.elu24.ee/?id=153463)

I sympathize with him, even if its not a good idea to get violent with cops, its his own fault in that resepct.

This was weird / funny:

:confused:

I feel kind of sad for him, too. He just wanted to sell some mushrooms! :(

Btw, can you actually speak Estonian?

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I feel kind of sad for him, too. He just wanted to sell some mushrooms! :(

As I understood it, it was some kind of a protest action against the "fraud" that takes place according to Mart Kuus in the business of selling berries and mushrooms at these markets (I have no doubt that may very well be the case). He did not have a market permit, which you need to have to sell stuff there, and its quite expensive.

Btw, can you actually speak Estonian?

I can get the gist from most newspaper texts and other texts of similar level, but I'm by no means a fluent speaker. I try to improve my skills by reading Estonian texts, etc, though.

Eldritch
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
The Helsinki central market square is tiny, yet it is the most desirable place for outdoor salesmen in probably the whole country. It's divided into two shifts, morning and afternoon, with an hour in between, in which you have to haul ass out of there, and the whole place is hosed down quickly.

Some people wait for years to get a slot to sell their produce there, and needless to say the permit is very expensive. With that in mind, surely you can understand that people aren't going to be very happy if someone just rolls in with his van (taking up a place that someone else had to pay a lot of money for) and starts selling stuff out of it just like that, with no permit.

Äike
02-15-2011, 03:14 PM
It's quite amazing how the pepper spray nor the telescope batons had no effect on him. 2 armed cops didn't have any effect on him and finally when he was severely outnumbered, he was pinned down. But you can notice that one police officer's mouth was dripping from blood, when he was holding the "Kalevipoeg" down.

That situation could have been handled without any violence, but the Finnish police officers weren't professional enough, it seems.

Äike
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
It's quite amazing how the pepper spray nor the telescope batons had no effect on him. 2 armed cops didn't have any effect on him and finally when he was severely outnumbered, he was pinned down. But you can notice that one police officer's mouth was dripping from blood, when he was holding the "Kalevipoeg" down.

That situation could have been handled without any violence, but the Finnish police officers weren't professional enough, it seems.

Effect of pepper spray on a normal person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWE-kBpyiI

Imperivm
02-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Effect of pepper spray on a normal person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWE-kBpyiI

Must be his Estonian-Nordic super powers. :swl

Äike
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Must be his Estonian-Nordic super powers. :swl

Well, no "average Joe" is compared with Kalevipoeg from the Estonian national epic.

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM

How would you have removed him?

The Lawspeaker
02-15-2011, 04:59 PM
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/barrett95.jpg

Äike
02-15-2011, 05:50 PM
How would you have removed him?

I am not a professional police officer, but I definitely wouldn't pepper spray someone in the face who hasn't done anything violent yet.

As I did understand from the article, everyone at the market were extremely pissed at him, as he wasn't ripping off the customers. He was asking 15 euros for 2kg of mushrooms, when other people selling "Estonian" mushrooms were asking 5 euros for 200g. Thus the reason, why the Somalis threatened to kill him.

When he asked the officers, how did he break the law and how big the fine is(which he said was willing to pay), he was told "fuck off" and he didn't get an answer. Thus I would have started with answering his initial question.

In my opinion, this incident isn't funny at all.

Talvi
02-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I dont know. The dude was a total oss. Im still ashamed.

Don Brick
02-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Why would you feel ashamed for somebody else? Btw what is an "oss"? :)

Äike
02-15-2011, 06:05 PM

I am ashamed of the Finnish police officers. :D

Pepper spraying the guy in the face several times, beating him with a telescope baton + 1 pesky guy confusing him with a broom and it didn't do anything to him. More backup arrived and he was severely outnumbered, but he still managed to injure at least one of them.

But it was quite visible that the police officers had a goal and that goal was to solve it with violence. The mushroom salesman even yelled "I do not fight, if you call a lawyer", when the backup arrived.

It was also quite obvious that he wasn't violent towards anyone, except the police officers who tried to beat him. He was even backing away from them. Thus I am very certain that he would stayed put without doing anything until a "lawyer" would have arrived.

The 2 police officers who solved that incident unprofessionally should have gotten some kind of punishment if not lost their jobs.

Äike
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Why would you feel ashamed for somebody else? Btw what is an "oss"? :)

You could say that it's a synonym for "chav", but I doubt that a guy who sells mushrooms is a chav or an oss.

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I am not a professional police officer, but I definitely wouldn't pepper spray someone in the face who hasn't done anything violent yet.

Well you seem to be an expert to the extent that its clear to you that he could have been removed without resorting to force. He was clearly prepared to resist violently, its obvious from his body language, throwing his sun glasses into the van, etc.

He resisted a public official, refused to move from the market despite admittedly not having a permit, etc. The cops were in their full right to remove him, detain him and fine him. He was breaking not one but several laws. And he knew this. He knew he did not have a permit and he was told he had to go, he refused. I think that also in Estonia, people are generally expected to obey the law and obey police orders?

I wouldn't use pepper spray in such a crowded spot.

As I did understand from the article, everyone at the market were extremely pissed at him, as he wasn't ripping off the customers. He was asking 15 euros for 2kg of mushrooms, when other people selling "Estonian" mushrooms were asking 5 euros for 200g. Thus the reason, why the Somalis threatened to kill him.

He also did not have a permit to sell them there, a permit which as Eldritch said, some people spend years waiting for, and pay a lot of money for. And he said himself that this was protest action, he was being provocative on purpose, he wanted to make a point. But unfortunately, unlawfully.

The threatening Somalis are the strangest part of the episode. How are they involved? What do they have to do with anything? Have the Finns taught them to hate Estonians? Or to hate people who don't let Finnish market salesmen rip people off? How do you know the Somalis were angry at him because he was selling mushrooms? I don't see why they would be.

When he asked the officers, how did he break the law and how big the fine is(which he said was willing to pay), he was told "fuck off" and he didn't get an answer. Thus I would have started with answering his initial question.

Well I think his language skills are questionable. You can hear the police in the video talking about Finnish law, even if the sound quality is poor. Kalevipoeg then shouts about EEUU law.

In my opinion, this incident isn't funny at all.

You're not funny. Your bias is shamelessly obvious, as usual, trying to twist this matter. I also see a lot of Estonians in the comments are whipping up anti-Finnish sentiment over the incident. Fortunately, youtube comments can be disregarded for they as a rule are retarded. :coffee:

I don't doubt that there very well may be a whole deal of foul play in this business, and if there is, he is understandably pissed off. Sympathy points. But that does not give him the right to break the law. The police were doing their job, even if they were made to look silly as they could not subdue him faster.

He's a hardcore mothereffer, for sure, but not the brightest of the bunch, perhaps.

Wyn
02-15-2011, 06:13 PM
That was actually rather entertaining. He even did the spinny thing once he'd broken his weapon of choice into two. That's how you know if someone intends to use a weapon - they imitate moves from martial arts films.

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 06:31 PM
That was actually rather entertaining. He even did the spinny thing once he'd broken his weapon of choice into two. That's how you know if someone intends to use a weapon - they imitate moves from martial arts films.

I think by far the coolest move was how he acquired said weapon of choice - by bashing that red-shirted whimp with the plastic box, grabbing the broom and spinning around to defend himself against the oncoming policeman. Pure grace. ;)

Eldritch
02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't think being willing to endure a bloody nose for yourself, in order to take down a suspect with as little injury to him as possible, is unprofessional police work. That's why it took four cops to take down our chantarelle commando. If the police had been completely unconcerned with his safety, they would have simply whacked him on the head, instead of the upper arm or the shins, and that would have been it.

Finnish police are overworked, so they want to sort things out on the scene as much as possible. But once they make the decision to take you down to the station, that decision isn't negotiable, nor can you reverse it by starting to co-operate. You're going to find yourself in a detention cell, whether you walk in there voluntarily or you have to be carried in wearing leg-irons.

This dude is a hard-ass, but he forgot that Chuck Norris also had smarts. ;)

The Ripper
02-15-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree with what Eldis says, but they aim for the thigh, not the shin (:eek:). The idea is to momentarily 'paralyze' the big muscles.

Eldritch
02-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Now with subtitles:

nzdXdvm26No

Peerkons
02-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Showing some Nordic temperament, eh?
The guy with broom is just ridicilous.

Eldritch
02-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Showing some Nordic temperament, eh?
The guy with broom is just ridicilous.