Joso
03-31-2018, 03:10 AM
comment

Smeagol
03-31-2018, 04:24 AM
No.

Óttar
03-31-2018, 05:31 AM
I would do what men do in Thailand which is to be a Buddhist monk temporarily and then rejoin worldly society after.

Böri
03-31-2018, 09:13 AM
Buddhism is a religion that prevents development in society and stirs a psychological weakness. Meiji of Japan diminished Budhism during 19th century and boosted Shinto as part of the modernization of the country. During 8th century as result of neighboring Tibet, the second Turkic khaganate also considered to adopt Budhism; however the wise tarkhan Tonyukuk opposed because he said Budhism would weaken and negatively influence Turks.

Lek
03-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Yes. I would try it for some time. Like 1 year.

Armenian Bishop
03-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Yes Definitely! I've already lived a monastic lifestyle as a guest resident.

Armenian Bishop
03-31-2018, 09:44 AM
I was a guest at a number of monasteries, in California.

Yaglakar
03-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Buddhism is a religion that prevents development in society and stirs a psychological weakness. During 8th century as result of neighboring Tibet, the second Turkic khaganate also considered to adopt Budhism; however the wise tarkhan Tonyukuk opposed because he said Budhism would weaken and negatively influence Turks.

Wrong. Turkic kingdom of Qocho or Idiqut State (mid 9th to 13th centuries) was among the most developed Turkic states at the time. Buddhism was a state sponsored religion but Nestorian Christian and Manichean minorities were also present. Among Buddhist religous texts, thousands of administrative documents and orders have been unearthered. There is an entire academic niche (Turfan studies) dedicated to the study of these documents which include signatures, seals (Turkic tribe tamgas that subsequently turned into seals), names, witnesses, Turkic administrative terminologies. Every transaction including rent, will inheritance, purchase, adoption, military conscription, taxing was backed by a document. It was truly Turkic in character and essence unlike Karakhanid or Seljuk states. All this indicates a high degree of law and order, property rights and that a significant portion of the population was literate.

https://pp.userapi.com/c836722/v836722669/4c682/xn2g3ThEa3Y.jpg

1. ar-a t(e)mür söz-üm turï b(a)xšï-qa
2. sening borluqung-nï él ///
3. küčägip ïnal [q]oč-qa sads(a)dï
4. m(e)n bodun birlä tapïšïp3 s(e)ni(n)g
5. sadmïšïng [čïn?] bolunup m(a)nga
6. ornïn-ta borluq bérm(ä)kči boldï
7. amdï s(a)nga söz-üm borluqung-
8. -nïng ornïn-ta borluq til(ä)z-ä-m(ä)n
9. borluq béräyin tep turur
10. til(ä)m(ä)z-ä-m(ä)n bidip q(a)lïp turur
11. töl(ä)č quruγ q(a)lmay(ï)n tésär-s(ä)n
12. s(e)ndäki ïdïš bidig-ni bérip
13. m(a)nga čïn baš bidig qïlïp
14. ïdγïl bidig kelmiš-tä ornïn-
15. -ta borluq tiläp alayïn sanga
16. borluqung-nï(n)g sadïγïn küz-käd(ä)ki
17. qïlïp qodayïn bolmasa s(e)n quruγ
18. qaldač(ï)ng

My, Ara Temur’s, word to Tura Bakhshi! Using it’s rights the community set out to sell Inal Kochu your grape orchard. I came with the sanction of the community and el, in view of the fact that the sale undertaken by you has been recognized as valid, the community has decided to provide me with another grape orchard instead of the one initially proposed. Now I appeal to you! If I demand another grape orchard instead of yours, the community is ready to give me one, if not the transaction will be dropped. If you do not want to to remain without payment for your orchard, provide the existing payment agreement by compiling a genuine primary document and forward to me. When the document arrives, I will appeal and get another orchard instead of yours. The fee for your grape orchard will be submitted before autumn. Otherwise, you will be left with nothing.

Böri
03-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Wrong. Turkic kingdom of Qocho or Idiqut State (mid 9th to 13th centuries) was among the most developed Turkic states at the time. Buddhism was a state sponsored religion but Nestorian Christian and Manichean minorities were also present. Among Buddhist religous texts, thousands of administrative documents and orders have been unearthered. There is an entire academic niche (Turfan studies) dedicated to the study of these documents which include signatures, seals (Turkic tribe tamgas that subsequently turned into seals), names, witnesses, Turkic administrative terminologies. Every transaction including rent, will inheritance, purchase, military conscription, taxing was backed by a document. It was truly Turkic in character and essence unlike Karakhanid or Seljuk states. All this indicates a high degree of law and order, property rights and that a significant portion of the population was literate.

1. ar-a t(e)mür söz-üm turï b(a)xšï-qa
2. sening borluqung-nï él ///
3. küčägip ïnal [q]oč-qa sads(a)dï
4. m(e)n bodun birlä tapïšïp3 s(e)ni(n)g
5. sadmïšïng [čïn?] bolunup m(a)nga
6. ornïn-ta borluq bérm(ä)kči boldï
7. amdï s(a)nga söz-üm borluqung-
8. -nïng ornïn-ta borluq til(ä)z-ä-m(ä)n
9. borluq béräyin tep turur
10. til(ä)m(ä)z-ä-m(ä)n bidip q(a)lïp turur
11. töl(ä)č quruγ q(a)lmay(ï)n tésär-s(ä)n
12. s(e)ndäki ïdïš bidig-ni bérip
13. m(a)nga čïn baš bidig qïlïp
14. ïdγïl bidig kelmiš-tä ornïn-
15. -ta borluq tiläp alayïn sanga
16. borluqung-nï(n)g sadïγïn küz-käd(ä)ki
17. qïlïp qodayïn bolmasa s(e)n quruγ
18. qaldač(ï)ng

My, Ara Temur’s, word to Tura Bakhshi! Using it’s rights the community set out to sell Inal Kochu your grape orchard. I came with the sanction of the community and el, in view of the fact that the sale undertaken by you has been recognized as valid, the community has decided to provide me with another grape orchard instead of the one initially proposed. Now I appeal to you! If I demand another grape orchard instead of yours, the community is ready to give me one, if not the transaction will be dropped. If you do not want to to remain without payment for your orchard, provide the existing payment agreement by compiling a genuine primary document and forward to me. When the document arrives, I will appeal and get another orchard instead of yours. The fee for your grape orchard will be submitted before autumn. Otherwise, you will be left with nothing.

It was anyway banned later and discouraged, as boyla tarkhan Tonyukuk (protector of Türk culture) thought that was not for Turks. Tokuz Oguz in Orkhon scripts referred to a non-Oghuz little group later those went to Tibet and they disappeared there.

Are you Jew btw?

Yaglakar
03-31-2018, 12:17 PM
It was anyway banned later and discouraged, as boyla tarkhan Tonyukuk (protector of Türk culture) thought that was not for Turks. Tokuz Oguz in Orkhon scripts referred to a non-Oghuz little group later those went to Tibet and they disappeared there.

Are you Jew btw?

Idiqut state was Toquz Oghuz between. Oghuz-Karluk languages are descendants of Turkic Khaganates. The language spoken by Idiquts was even closer - a direct descendant of Türük Khaganates and Uighur Khaganate.

You must admit that this simple orchard purchase is quite impressive for 10th century. :)

Joso
03-31-2018, 03:01 PM
I visited a number of Buddhist Monasteries, in California, I also was a guest at a Catholic Monastery here.

Wich buddhism you prefer? I prefer soto zen

Böri
03-31-2018, 07:30 PM
Idiqut state was Toquz Oghuz between. Oghuz-Karluk languages are descendants of Turkic Khaganates. The language spoken by Idiquts was even closer - a direct descendant of Türük Khaganates and Uighur Khaganate.

You must admit that this simple orchard purchase is quite impressive for 10th century. :)

They disappeared. Some Tokuz-Oghuz were absorbed into Uighurs and minority moved to Tibet and they were absorbed into Dalai Lama followers. That wasn't a religion for Turks and Tonyukuk did right thing by stopping the khagan who had that idea in mind.
In their modernisation during 19th century, Japanese Meiji also saw Budhist teaching as weakening element and stopped Budhism expansion in Japan in favor of a stronger Japanese national identity and the supremacy of the Shinto religion which became official.

Tokuz-Oghuz which Tonyukuk talks about in Orkhon inscriptions have nothing to do with Oğuz Turks who long had left before Tonyukuk's 2nd Reich. Oğuz (Seljuk and Ottoman dynasties included) were Western Türks since the 6th century and they turned Turgish during 8th century before becoming Oğuz, after stationing between Aral and Caspian.

Joso
03-31-2018, 07:35 PM
They disappeared. Some Tokuz-Oghuz were absorbed into Uighurs and minority moved to Tibet and they were absorbed into Dalai Lama followers. That wasn't a religion for Turks and Tonyukuk did right thing by stopping the khagan who had that idea in mind.
In their modernisation during 19th century, Japanese Meiji also saw Budhist teaching as weakening element and stopped Budhism expansion in Japan in favor of a stronger Japanese national identity and the supremacy of the Shinto religion which became official.

Why they considered buddhism this way? Wich is the problem with buddhism?

Böri
03-31-2018, 07:51 PM
Why they considered buddhism this way? Wich is the problem with buddhism?

Probably because of the lifestyle of Budhist monks and seeing Budhist civilization. They believed that would harm Turks' horse warrior culture and warlike attributes and would turn Turks into humble people seeking modesty. Aristocracy of Turks said no despite that religion was expanding in all sides back then.

Armenian Bishop
03-31-2018, 09:16 PM
Which buddhism you prefer? I prefer soto zen

Soto Zen is good, and most of the Buddhist Centers I visited were Zen Centers, in California (in San Francisco, Marin County, and Santa Cruz). I also was a guest at a Korean Buddhist Monastery in Carmel Valley, California, and my mentor practiced a Korean version of Buddhism. I prefer the more religious versions.

It all happened a very long time ago, when I was much younger; these days, I'd prefer a new life as a Christian Monk. But, I like Buddhism, and Tibetan Buddhism interests me. It's simply that I want to deepen and enrich my Christian Experience. An Armenian Orthodox or Catholic monastic life looks great.

Yaglakar
03-31-2018, 09:27 PM

Tokuz-Oghuz which Tonyukuk talks about in Orkhon inscriptions have nothing to do with Oğuz Turks who long had left before Tonyukuk's 2nd Reich. Oğuz (Seljuk and Ottoman dynasties included) were Western Türks since the 6th century and they turned Turgish during 8th century before becoming Oğuz, after stationing between Aral and Caspian.

Don't teach me about the history of my people. You already made a fool of yourself about your Karluk thesis which is used by scholars only to lump up different Turkic tribes to simplify a complex tribal configuration so the layman assimilates information better. According to anonymous Persian geographical tract of 10th century, Toquz Oghuz (Idiqut Uighur state) are largest in terms of geographical scope and among the most numerous Turkic tribes. Their main cities included Beshbaliq in Dzungarian basin, Turfan, Qumul and Kucha. A large population can't simply cease to exist.

https://i.imgur.com/jSMiES6.png
V. V. Minorsky & C. E. Bosworth. 1982. Hudud al-'Alam: The Regions of the World: a Persian Geography. Gibb Memorial Trust Persian Studies. page 94

Furthermore, southern portions of Xinjiang were settled primarily by Yaghma which is Toquz Oghuz origin. This includes cities like Kashgar and Yarkand. Not to mention that Yaghma title is from the onset Bughra Khan (camel) which leads many prominent scholars including Bartold to assume that it was Yaghma who founded Karakhanid state. In any case Karluks are not the founders of Karakhanid state. The state was established by Karluks, Yaghma and Chigil. Karluk languages are only called so, the real name of the language is Türki or Hakani, and it emerged in southern portion of Tarim Basin, just so you know

https://i.imgur.com/aXz5MEg.png
V. V. Minorsky & C. E. Bosworth. 1982. Hudud al-'Alam: The Regions of the World: a Persian Geography. Gibb Memorial Trust Persian Studies. pages 94-95

Moreover, spread of Uighur Idiquts (who already turned largely Muslim) to southern Xinjiang took place in 15th and 16th centuries during Moghulistan era.

https://i.imgur.com/8DzG1F6.png
Stephan Barisitz. 2017. Central Asia and the Silk Road: Economic Rise and Decline over Several Millennia. Springer. страница 153

Toquz Oghuz (Yaghma and old Uighurs) comprise the largest portion of our ethnogenesis.

Between, Karluks also called themselves Üch-Oghuz in case you don't know.

Also read the Turfan (Idiqut) version of Oghuzname from 14th century.

http://www.academia.edu/5357144/Turfan_Oguz_Name_Preliminary_English_Translation_I ntroduction_and_Commentary

The myths and sagas are linked.

Böri
03-31-2018, 09:33 PM
Uighurs and Uzbeks are Karluk you dimwit, this can not be discussed. Tokuz-Oguz were subdued by 2nd Reich. Tonyukuk explains how they fought them and how they gave up and joined the khaganate. In that process, Bilge Khagan also eliminated the Yenisei Kirgiz khagan.
The way you act and how you show complex to Odin or else rather portrays you as Bukharan Jew but anyway. This is internet, you are welcome as Uighur too.

Yaglakar
03-31-2018, 09:40 PM
Uighurs and Uzbeks are Karluk you dimwit, this can not be discussed. Tokuz-Oguz were subdued by 2nd Reich. Tonyukuk explains how they fought them and how they gave up and joined the khaganate. In that process, Bilge Khagan also eliminated the Yenisei Kirgiz khagan.
The way you act and how you show complex to Odin or else rather portrays you as Bukharan Jew but anyway. This is internet, you are welcome as Uighur too.

Read what I posted. Toquz Oghuz is a tribal confederation led by Uighurs who largely migrated southwards after the collapse of Uighur Khaganate. Two states were established, one in Gansu and another in Dzugaria+Northern portion of Tarim Basin. You should know it if you are interested in Turkic history. Yaghma are also Toquz Oghuz but they separated from main group earlier and joined Karluks.

QUICAS
03-31-2018, 09:59 PM
No

Joso
03-31-2018, 10:06 PM
Soto Zen is good, and most of the Buddhist Centers I visited were Zen Centers, in California (in San Francisco, Marin County, and Santa Cruz). I also was a guest at a Korean Buddhist Monastery in Carmel Valley, California, and my mentor practiced a Korean version of Buddhism. I prefer the more religious versions.

It all happened a very long time ago, when I was much younger; these days, I'd prefer a new life as a Christian Monk. But, I like Buddhism, and Tibetan Buddhism interests me. It's simply that I want to deepen and enrich my Christian Experience. An Armenian Orthodox or Catholic monastic life looks great.

It is interesting.

Joso
04-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Bump

Joso
04-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Bump

zhaoyun
04-21-2018, 10:26 PM
In the Himalayas

Sacrificed Ram
04-21-2018, 10:34 PM
I like have a very active sexual life with different partners, then I'm out of most of religions (I'm ignostic).

Joso
04-22-2018, 09:44 PM
I like have a very active sexual life with different partners, then I'm out of most of religions (I'm ignostic).

In the Japanese Zen, monks can marry and have sex.

Joso
04-22-2018, 09:46 PM
In the Himalayas

Yeah, would you like to be a buddhist monk? Why in the Himalayas? I would prefer Soto Zen in Japan.

Teutone
04-22-2018, 09:48 PM
No I am a German Christian.

Joso
04-22-2018, 09:50 PM
No I am a German Christian.

Ok but what think about Buddhism?

Teutone
04-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Ok but what think about Buddhism?

No problem with it

Joso
04-22-2018, 09:53 PM
No problem with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBdpuZGiYXA

Marinus
04-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Nope.

I had a similar fantasy about living a secluded life in the countryside, but after visiting relatives in their farm and actually experiencing that type of life I realised that the fantasy never really took into consideration the negatives of such a life. I've been spoiled by accessibility to the city for too long.

Joso
04-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Nope.

I had a similar fantasy about living a secluded life in the countryside, but after visiting relatives in their farm and actually experiencing that type of life I realised that the fantasy never really took into consideration the negatives of such a life. I've been spoiled by accessibility to the city for too long.

It is not like i really want it, i just think it would be good because i like Buddhism, its is very important to me because it helps to live in the present and it also helps me to deal more positive with my difficulties in life. And yes, i agree with you, we should also look at the negative sides of what we want. So maybe when i get old i will think more about it.

Joso
04-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Nope.

Also, i live in a city that can be called as countryside( even tought it is not a very small city) and i like this more calm life, so i think i would really like to be like a monk but i am still young and new to Buddhism and i really need some time to think better about it, so maybe when i get older, i will try.

Crimean
04-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Perhaps, it's just that I have not yet grown to this mentally.

Joso
04-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Perhaps, it's just that I have not yet grown to this mentally.

Yes, we need some time to think, because it is not a very simple decision

Crimean
04-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Yes, we need some time to think, because it is not a very simple decision
First we must completely be disappointed in life and in people to make such a decision.

Marinus
04-22-2018, 11:17 PM
It is not like i really want it, i just think it would be good because i like Buddhism, its is very important to me because it helps to live in the present and it also helps me to deal more positive with my difficulties in life. And yes, i agree with you, we should also look at the negative sides of what we want. So maybe when i get old i will think more about it.

Also, i live in a city that can be called as countryside( even tought it is not a very small city) and i like this more calm life, so i think i would really like to be like a monk but i am still young and new to Buddhism and i really need some time to think better about it, so maybe when i get older, i will try.

The small town type of setting is my favourite place to live, just enough amenities and usually just tranquil enough to live in peace. If it wasn't for certain familial reasons I wouldn't think twice about moving to some quiet town.

Buddhism is a beautiful set of ideas, from what I gathered anyway, I'm very ignorant on the subject but it's something that peaks my interest. I hope your journey with Buddhism is a rewarding one! :)

Joso
04-22-2018, 11:18 PM
First we must completely be disappointed in life and in people to make such a decision.

Why? I don't think so

Joso
04-22-2018, 11:20 PM
The small town type of setting is my favourite place to live, just enough amenities and usually just tranquil enough to live in peace. If it wasn't for certain familial reasons I wouldn't think twice about moving to some quiet town.

Buddhism is a beautiful set of ideas, from what I gathered anyway, I'm very ignorant on the subject but it's something that peaks my interest. I hope your journey with Buddhism is a rewarding one! :)

Thanks. I also wish you can adapt and be happy in the city you live :thumb001: Or maybe you can find a better place, who knows...

Joso
04-22-2018, 11:43 PM

I think me too

Joso
04-23-2018, 12:10 AM
No.

Why?

Smeagol
04-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Why?

I can't think of a single reason why I would want to live as a buddhist monk.

AK-47
04-23-2018, 12:33 AM
Maybe if I could be one of those bad-ass Kung-fu monks...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/15/article-0-1D1EB96800000578-797_634x878.jpg

Armenian Bishop
04-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Maybe if I could be one of those bad-ass Kung-fu monks...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/15/article-0-1D1EB96800000578-797_634x878.jpg

The Shaolin Monk pictured there is actor David Carradine, who was Kwai Chang Caine in the TV Series Kung Fu (1972-1975). David Carradine died of fatal erotic asphyxiation, under questionable circumstances (in Thailand), in 2009. Bruce Lee was disappointed when he didn't get the part. My Barber, Eric, is Bruce Lee's cousin, he doesn't like David Carradine. But, David Carradine played the part of the Shaolin Monk spectacularly. David Carradine's father was actor John Carradine, who was a preacher in the classic silver screen movie, Grapes of Wrath. Kwai Chang Caine was a fugitive from the Chinese Emperor, and escaped to America, where he wandered through the Western States, but there were many scenes from the Shaolin Monastery (as memory flashbacks).

AK-47
04-23-2018, 10:58 AM
The Shaolin Monk pictured there is actor David Carradine, who was Kwai Chang Caine in the TV Series Kung Fu (1972-1975). David Carradine died of fatal erotic asphyxiation, under questionable circumstances (in Thailand), in 2009. Bruce Lee was disappointed when he didn't get the part. My Barber, Eric, is Bruce Lee's cousin, he doesn't like David Carradine. But, David Carradine played the part of the Shaolin Monk spectacularly. David Carradine's father was actor John Carradine, who was a preacher in the classic silver screen movie, Grapes of Wrath. Kwai Chang Caine was a fugitive from the Chinese Emperor, and escaped to America, where he wandered through the Western States, but there were many scenes from the Shaolin Monastery (as memory flashbacks).
It was a great show.
Wish they would make a remake...:D
Sad how David died...:sad:

Joso
04-23-2018, 01:50 PM
Bump

Crimean
04-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Why? I don't think so
While you are satisfied with your family, friends and the world around you, it is simply inadequate to go to monks, I think).

Joso
04-23-2018, 08:37 PM

I am not disappointed in life and i am not disapointed in people. I am only disapointed with myself, this is why i am very interested in Buddhism because the practice of Buddhism is the best way of self improvement. Also, Buddhism is a so unique thing, nothing more can makes me feel as much inner peace as Buddhism does.

Joso
04-24-2018, 12:32 AM
I would do what men do in Thailand which is to be a Buddhist monk temporarily and then rejoin worldly society after.

It sounds good, maybe i would like to do that too

Joso
04-24-2018, 12:40 AM
Probably because of the lifestyle of Budhist monks and seeing Budhist civilization. They believed that would harm Turks' horse warrior culture and warlike attributes and would turn Turks into humble people seeking modesty. Aristocracy of Turks said no despite that religion was expanding in all sides back then.

So you say that "Buddhism prevents social development" but you deffends a war culture... You are very coherent, my friend, very coherent...

de Burgh II
04-24-2018, 12:53 AM
Nah... the pacifist, holistic approach that monks usually abide by isn't really my forte.

Joso
04-24-2018, 01:53 AM
Nah... the pacifist, holistic approach that monks usually abide by isn't really my forte.

Ok, thanks for the comment

Joso
04-28-2018, 01:30 AM
Bump

Joso
04-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Yes, i would try it for a while and if i like i would try it for a bigger time

Joso
05-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Bump

Joso
05-15-2018, 12:22 AM
Bump

ChristianMed
07-12-2018, 06:51 PM
nah brother, I love chill people but I heard lots of monks neck themselves out of despair, I feel like it would be a lonely life.

NordicStarseed84
09-22-2018, 05:47 AM
Oh mine!! What could be possibly more insufferably BORISH as living like a "Monk"??!! Christian or Buddhist!.. I detest ALL forms of Ascetism and Life-denial, like any good White European should!