PDA

View Full Version : Offering to work for free?

Lek
04-02-2018, 01:55 PM
You think it could help you eventually get a job you want provided you do well of course ? Any experiences?

Hulu
04-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Try recruiting agencies in your field. They have an interest getting you work cause they get paid for it by your employer.

Thanas Django
04-02-2018, 03:16 PM
What is your field?

Some fields have a time of "free work" as a hard requirement, others not at all.

Lek
04-02-2018, 03:59 PM
What is your field?

Some fields have a time of "free work" as a hard requirement, others not at all.

Nothing. I have applied to go to school again and get an education but I don't know if I will go. I still need work even if I go. I could work during weekends. And holidays.

I like physical work. I could just go and ask around , offer to work for free for 2 months or so and convince them as I am a quite good worker. I take initiative even when theres not much to do etc. Otherwise nobody will hire you once they see you're a foreigner even though I speak the language fluently. But when they see me work they will be convinced. I am confident in this. As I have seen how lazy many workers are.

I wish I could get on a plane and go to another country or go to the Legion in France. Fuck this shithole country.

Lek
04-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Try recruiting agencies in your field. They have an interest getting you work cause they get paid for it by your employer.

I feel like nobody wants to hire some Albanian like me :(

War Chef
04-02-2018, 04:13 PM
You mean volunteering?

Yeah if you volunteer within a field you plan to get into.

I volunteered at a hospital, over 200 hours.

magyar_lány
04-02-2018, 04:18 PM

I'm sure you will get a job sooner or later. Btw where are you living?

Lek
04-02-2018, 04:20 PM
You mean volunteering?

Yeah if you volunteer within a field you plan to get into.

I volunteered at a hospital, over 200 hours.

Yes. If I want to work at a place but need to convince them to hire me. By offering to work for free I would be able to prove myself and out-work all their workers.

This surely should work?

Lek
04-02-2018, 04:22 PM
I'm sure you will get a job sooner or later. Btw where are you living?

Norway.

They only hire Norwegians or Polaks/Lithuanians that work for less. Unless you can show you work well I guess. A lot of Polaks and Lithuanians are good workers and gained a reputation for such so not all of them work for less but they are definitely better workers than natives, many of the natives are lazy.

War Chef
04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Yes. If I want to work at a place but need to convince them to hire me. By offering to work for free I would be able to prove myself and out-work all their workers.

This surely should work?

Yeah if you out-perform all the staff. I've seen it happen, easy thing to do if you're motivated.

frankhammer
04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Quality welders are always required worldwide. An easy start trade skill that can lead into the engineering field. I'm not saying it's necessarily enjoyable but some people like it. I know guys in this field who travel to different oil refinery installations who earn big dollars.

Hulu
04-02-2018, 04:29 PM

I doubt that.

Lek
04-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Yeah if you out-perform all the staff. I've seen it happen, easy thing to do if you're motivated.

I have done it before actually but other life situations led me to fuck up and where I am today :(

If it wasnt for the problems I had I would of had work now .

Because Im not lazy, I love physical work etc but its other problems that held me back unfourtunately.

Maintenance
04-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Norway.

They only hire Norwegians or Polaks/Lithuanians that work for less. Unless you can show you work well I guess. A lot of Polaks and Lithuanians are good workers and gained a reputation for such so not all of them work for less but they are definitely better workers than natives, many of the natives are lazy.

Are you in building construction?

Skjaldemjřden
04-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Absolutely not. You'll just end up being exploited.
I would compile a list of possible jobs (anything you're willing to do) and email my CV to all of them. You're fluent in English, which is always an advantage.

Bobby Martnen
04-02-2018, 08:05 PM
Quality welders are always required worldwide. An easy start trade skill that can lead into the engineering field. I'm not saying it's necessarily enjoyable but some people like it. I know guys in this field who travel to different oil refinery installations who earn big dollars.

How about you instead pursue a career in foreskin restoration?

Bobby Martnen
04-02-2018, 08:07 PM
email my CV to all of them

Why would you email Cristiano Viejo to anyone?

Lek
04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Are you in building construction?

Nah. Why?

Maintenance
04-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Nah. Why?

Cause thats basically what the baltics do in Scandinavia.

magyar_lány
04-02-2018, 08:43 PM
How about you instead pursue a career in foreskin restoration?

Shut up please.

Ylla
04-02-2018, 08:44 PM
I did that but when I was younger like 16-18 for some experience before uni. I also shadowed staff in the profession I was interested in.
It's unlikely to get a job like that, they will probably assign you basic tasks to begin with. The best way is to find a vocational course/diploma that has placements in the field.

magyar_lány
04-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Why would you email Cristiano Viejo to anyone?
Curriculum vitae

Lek
04-02-2018, 09:20 PM
I doubt that.

They see your name. They think ''fuck this immigrant''.

Bobby Martnen
04-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Shut up please.

Three words: Increase your medication.

Bobby Martnen
04-02-2018, 11:49 PM
Curriculum vitae

I know, I'm joking.

magyar_lány
04-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Three words: Increase your medication.

You need medication Bobby, not me.

War Chef
04-03-2018, 02:15 AM
Volunteering is a lot better than shit posting on TA, that's for sure.

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-03-2018, 02:33 AM

This surely should work?

I like your 'get up and go' attitude.

If you do volunteer work that will allow you to make connections with people. They like you and hook you up.

I'm not sure if working for free at a job that pays others will be possible in that I assume doing so would conflict with labor laws.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 03:12 AM
You need medication Bobby, not me.

You need to stop cyber-bullying me.

magyar_lány
04-03-2018, 12:05 PM
You need to stop cyber-bullying me.

I'm sure you weren't bullied in your life. You dont even know what is this. It means you are a lucky guy. I was angry and rude bc of your insults.

Hulu
04-03-2018, 02:37 PM
They see your name. They think ''fuck this immigrant''.

This is why a recruiting agency is your best bet, they typically do background checks, education and experience so employers have more trust in you. Assuming is a matter of trust not just prejudice, which I am surprised Norway has, given how few Albanians are there. Even Greece and Italy that were initially prejudiced are past that nowadays.

Lek
04-03-2018, 03:32 PM
This is why a recruiting agency is your best bet, they typically do background checks, education and experience so employers have more trust in you. Assuming is a matter of trust not just prejudice, which I am surprised Norway has, given how few Albanians are there. Even Greece and Italy that were initially prejudiced are past that nowadays.

It's not really a prejudice towards Albanians. I know the language and can write better than many of the natives.

Albanians are mostly enclaved in certain areas like the South so it makes it seem like we are more common but more North probably nobody has an idea what an Albanian is.

I will try what you say though. There are some recruiting agencies around. Just gotta fix my CV etc.

Hulu
04-03-2018, 03:39 PM
It's not really a prejudice towards Albanians. I know the language and can write better than many of the natives.

Albanians are mostly enclaved in certain areas like the South so it makes it seem like we are more common but more North probably nobody has an idea what an Albanian is.

I will try what you say though. There are some recruiting agencies around. Just gotta fix my CV etc.

I am sure you'll do well, your English is excellent for starters given that's your third language.

Lek
06-27-2018, 12:41 AM
I am sure you'll do well, your English is excellent for starters given that's your third language.

I wanted to update this thread. I got into school , it starts in august. Its a one year high school where you finish 3 years in one year and after that you go to university. They give this opportunity to adults that never finished senior high school.

I was thinking of studying abroad in Canada or the US after one year and possibly continue working there and get a degree.

I also got some job opportunities here on the side. And recently moved into my own place in another city more South. Here its warmer summers and less cold winters compared to more North where I used to live.

I'm not sure what I should do next, go to school or work...... it's possible I could do both.

catgeorge
06-27-2018, 12:48 AM
I wanted to updated this thread. I got into school , it starts in august. Its a one year high school where you finish 3 years in one year and after that you go to university. They give this opportunity to adults that never finished senior high school.

I was thinking of studying abroad in Canada or the US after one year and possibly continue working there and get a degree.

I also got some job opportunities here on the side. And recently moved into my own place in another city more South. Here its warmer summers and less cold winters compared to more North where I used to live.

I'm not sure what I should do next, go to school or work...... it's possible I could do both.

Depends what you want to study and how old you are - starting your own business even small scale like a tobacco shop or something is a start and outlay is low. If it goes well, I know some Greeks in Australia that run 5-6 small businesses and all they do is count the cash. need to be a smart operator though.

Bobby Martnen
06-27-2018, 12:50 AM
You think it could help you eventually get a job you want provided you do well of course ? Any experiences?

It's the difference between being a slut and being a whore. A slut is sexually degenerate for free, a whore is sexually degenerate for pay.