PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump condemned over photo showing lack of diversity among new White House interns

Lightshade25
04-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Donald Trump’s administration was condemned for hiring 91 new White House interns who are almost all white.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/02/donald-trump-condemned-photo-showing-lack-diversity-among-new-white-house-interns-7435506/

https://i.imgur.com/Trc0sjj.jpg

An official picture of the spring 2018 intake released Friday shows a tiny intake of ethnic minority hires among scores of successful entrants.

It immediately prompted criticism, with Washington Post columnist Brian Klaas saying: ‘The White House intern photo is like a Where’s Waldo for a non-white person — in a country that is about 40% non-white.’ SiriusXM host Joe Madison tweeted: ‘Notice anything wrong with this picture? ‘These are the White House interns. Emphasis on white.’

James Costos tweeted a photo comparing Trump’s intake to those hired by Barack Obama when he was president in 2014.

The earlier snap has a markedly hire number of BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) faces.

On the official White House website, the internship program is described as ‘a public service leadership program that provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.’

Their tasks include, research, managing queries, writing memories, attending meetings as well as staffing events.

President Trump’s administration has been repeatedly hit by criticism that he has not done enough to tackle racism in the US, and has even appeared to encourage it.

Last August, he implied there were some ‘very fine people’ among the white nationalist ‘community’, as calls grew to remove statues of controversial historical figures. And in November, Trump retweeted three anti-Muslim tweets from far-right group Britain First.

JohnSmith
04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
I wonder how many non-white interns actually want to work for him!! It may go both ways here.

Heather Duval
04-03-2018, 09:24 PM
who care about him? fuck u
him and his ugly old face

Smeagol
04-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Yes, obviously they should be looking specifically for colored people, not for talent :rolleyes2:
Meritocracy is racist.

in a country that is about 40% non-white.’

More like 30%.

Lightshade25
04-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I wonder how many non-white interns actually want to work for him!! It may go both ways here.

Hitler Youth 2.0 :P

KMack
04-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Donald Trump’s administration was condemned for hiring 91 new White House interns who are almost all white.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/02/donald-trump-condemned-photo-showing-lack-diversity-among-new-white-house-interns-7435506/

https://i.imgur.com/Trc0sjj.jpg

Congrats to them!!!

MissMischief
04-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Omg, there's a black man on the front row! Why isn't he in the back where he belongs? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dperucca
04-03-2018, 09:52 PM
There are Latinos and Asians as well. Who cares?

KMack
04-03-2018, 09:55 PM
There are Latinos and Asians as well. Who cares?

White progressives.

dperucca
04-03-2018, 09:56 PM
White progressives.

Yea they are usually the loudest barkers.

Dragoon
04-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Yes, obviously they should be looking specifically for colored people, not for talent :rolleyes2:
Meritocracy is racist.

More like 30%.

US concept of white is weird. So depending on including or not Hispanics it varies.

But around 60% is probably European.

JohnSmith
04-03-2018, 10:05 PM
US concept of white is weird. So depending on including or not Hispanics it varies.

But around 60% is probably European.

irl white is really only referring to European peoples, even if the government views it different.

MissMischief
04-03-2018, 10:11 PM
I think this is mostly about class privilege, anyway.

I don't mean to slag off the interns - what I criticize is the White House for having an intern system that so obviously benefits the upper class, who also tend to be white.

The problem isn't just the White House though, it's a chain effect that starts at birth, with a segregated housing system leading to poor schools, less chance of a good college, less chance of an elite internship, no upper-middle-class support network to enable taking on an unpaid internship. The problem is completely systemic.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 10:12 PM

I don't mean to slag off the interns - what I criticize is the White House for having an intern system that so obviously benefits the upper class, who also tend to be white.

The problem isn't just the White House though, it's a chain effect that starts at birth, with a segregated housing system leading to poor schools, less chance of a good college, less chance of an elite internship, no upper-middle-class support network to enable taking on an unpaid internship. The problem is completely systemic.

But the thing is, some people are able to rise above their circumstances. Look at Ben Carson for example. The top neurosurgeon in the world, and he was raised by a functionally illiterate single mother.

If you're really good, you can get yourself out of the bad situation you grew up in.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 10:14 PM
Meritocracy is racist.

More like 30%.

It's probably about 60%. Right now, about 61% of the US is non-Hispanic White. A lot of the people who check White and Hispanic both on the census are mestizos. (https://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/opinion/liu-study-hispanics-favor-whiteness/index.html)

When you take into account that MENA people are also classed as White on the census, the percentage of White people in America is 60% at the very most.

Mostly because Mexicans and Moslems all have huge families, while most White people wait until they are 35, and only have one or two kids.

dperucca
04-03-2018, 11:11 PM

The lower and middle classes generally don't have much representation in US politics. This is not exclusively a problem that exists in my country. Identity politics are something that is used to keep underrepresented people at odds with each other.

CordedWhelp
04-03-2018, 11:12 PM
To always expect equality of outcome when you don't have 100% one thing is just mathmatically retarded.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 11:12 PM
The lower and middle classes generally don't have much representation in US politics. This is not exclusively a problem that exists in my country. Identity politics are something that is used to keep underrepresented people at odds with each other.

A lot of lower class people can't even pass a 8th-grade level literacy test. They should not be voting.

Wanderer
04-03-2018, 11:27 PM
I am really starting to love this President. :thumb001:

dperucca
04-03-2018, 11:28 PM
A lot of lower class people can't even pass a 8th-grade level literacy test. They should not be voting.

This is true.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 11:29 PM
This is true.

We don't need pants-sagging idiots who think Joan of Arc was Noah's wife having a say in the electoral process.

dperucca
04-03-2018, 11:31 PM
To always expect equality of outcome when you don't have 100% one thing is just mathmatically retarded.

Equality of outcome is not realistic. But it would be nice to see less corrupt nepotism in politics.

dperucca
04-03-2018, 11:32 PM
We don't need pants-sagging idiots who think Joan of Arc was Noah's wife having a say in the electoral process.

Who say's that lmao

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Who say's that lmao

The Joan of Arc thing? It's from the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"

dperucca
04-03-2018, 11:44 PM
The Joan of Arc thing? It's from the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" Damn that's movie from my generation lol.. you have seen keanu reeves at the pinnacle of his acting career.

Bobby Martnen
04-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Damn that's movie from my generation lol.. you have seen keanu reeves at the pinnacle of his acting career.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves-face-the-music-release-date-update-alex-winter-a8285991.html

jingorex
04-03-2018, 11:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7I92r9GqUw

TEUTORIGOS
04-04-2018, 01:27 AM

The American middle classes' idea of 'class' is psychologically blind and wishful thinking. Americans do not have pedigree based class system like the British. They delusionally think the scum of Europe, who came to America, can attain class by a college education and monetary wealth meanwhile their underlying genetics are shoddy so it is like trying build a house on quicksand. For instance, my paternal grandmother came from France and the French did not come to America poor and my another ancestor of mine was rich and came from London to Canada then to America etc...in other words not Ellis Island.

In Europe the now diseased Aristocrat Nicholas De Vere Drakenberg of just the British equivalent of a high school diploma was largely self educated. All the colleges in America, except maybe Ivy Leagues are trash. Americans are stupid and materialistic they think you should go to college to get a better job and they think if it makes you "think" too much it is bad. So, yeah, the American education system is trash.

French people two words for education and Americans have one. The French Ecole Polytechnique creates people elite at mathematics meanwhile most Americans are innumerate.

Anyway, anyone with an IQ of 125/126 or above does not need college as we can essentially school ourselves through analytical and syntopical research meanwhile most Americans read at an 8th grade level that is why authors like James Patterson are so popular.

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-04-2018, 02:22 AM
I remember this former intern fondly.

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/171017112748-hirh-monica-lewinsky-large-169.jpg

TEUTORIGOS
04-04-2018, 03:30 AM
https://pics.me.me/ude-and-rotten-republicans-lafranceenmarche-looks-like-this-time-around-20416745.png

http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/mobile/public/2017/10/05/img1314.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqdy6EFl1js

Anglojew
04-04-2018, 12:50 PM
They sat the POC together.

Dandelion
04-04-2018, 12:58 PM
I see at least two black people and several women and zero of them picked out of affirmative action policies.

Lightshade25
04-04-2018, 10:28 PM
BUMP

Oneeye
04-04-2018, 10:43 PM
How many of them are Jewish?

Heather Duval
04-05-2018, 05:18 PM
The American middle classes' idea of 'class' is psychologically blind and wishful thinking. Americans do not have pedigree based class system like the British. They delusionally think the scum of Europe, who came to America, can attain class by a college education and monetary wealth meanwhile their underlying genetics are shoddy so it is like trying build a house on quicksand. For instance, my paternal grandmother came from France and the French did not come to America poor and my another ancestor of mine was rich and came from London to Canada then to America etc...in other words not Ellis Island.

In Europe the now diseased Aristocrat Nicholas De Vere Drakenberg of just the British equivalent of a high school diploma was largely self educated. All the colleges in America, except maybe Ivy Leagues are trash. Americans are stupid and materialistic they think you should go to college to get a better job and they think if it makes you "think" too much it is bad. So, yeah, the American education system is trash.

French people two words for education and Americans have one. The French Ecole Polytechnique creates people elite at mathematics meanwhile most Americans are innumerate.

Anyway, anyone with an IQ of 125/126 or above does not need college as we can essentially school ourselves through analytical and syntopical research meanwhile most Americans read at an 8th grade level that is why authors like James Patterson are so popular.

Very well spoken but dont generalize. In places like the elite of NY there are people with class. But really, TA has the worst of US. Here is full of rednecks. They have no education, they love insulting people and things like that. This is how a classy person talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUF5OEUiD8