PDA

View Full Version : Coon's insights on modern Greek phenotypes in Races of Europe

kleenex
04-12-2018, 12:29 AM
I thought this was an interesting and insightful quote from Coons:
Races of Europe.
P. 380 (Concerning Greeks)

"The Greeks, in short, are a blend of racial types, of which two are most important: the Atlanto Mediterranean and Alpine. Dinaricism is present, but not all pervading; true Alpines are commoner than complete Dinarics.The Nordic element is weak, as it probably has been since the days of Homer. The racial type to which Socrates belonged is today the most important, while the Atlanto-Med, prominent in Greece since the Bronze age, is still a major factor, it is my personal reaction to the living Greeks that their continuity with their ancestors of the ancient world is remarkable rather than the opposite."

I tend to agree, particularly when it comes to mainland Greeks. The Pontid Meds that others claim may actually be Atlanto Meds. To each his/her own.

Tauromachos
06-25-2018, 11:16 PM
I thought this was an interesting and insightful quote from Coons:
Races of Europe.
P. 380 (Concerning Greeks)

"The Greeks, in short, are a blend of racial types, of which two are most important: the Atlanto Mediterranean and Alpine. Dinaricism is present, but not all pervading; true Alpines are commoner than complete Dinarics.The Nordic element is weak, as it probably has been since the days of Homer. The racial type to which Socrates belonged is today the most important, while the Atlanto-Med, prominent in Greece since the Bronze age, is still a major factor, it is my personal reaction to the living Greeks that their continuity with their ancestors of the ancient world is remarkable rather than the opposite."

I tend to agree, particularly when it comes to mainland Greeks. The Pontid Meds that others claim may actually be Atlanto Meds. To each his/her own.

Yes but there are not only Atlanto Meds

There Meds proper as well and of course alot of mixed types of the main factors Alpine and Med that is Alpine Meds.

Otherwise its good

Papastratosels26
06-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Afterall we are Med country.

Tauromachos
06-25-2018, 11:24 PM
Afterall we are Med country.

Look at the Art in the depiction of Ancient Greeks in their frescos of which some are also with color.

The Med element was strong and an essential part in them.

Papastratosels26
06-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Look at the Art in the depiction of Ancient Greeks in their frescos of which some are also with color.

The Med element was strong and an essential part in them.

Umm...yeah thats i write in my previous post.Οτι ειμαστε κυριως μεσογειακη χωρα.

Tauromachos
06-25-2018, 11:32 PM
Umm...yeah thats i write in my previous post.Οτι ειμαστε κυριως μεσογειακη χωρα.

I know

I just added to up to it my thoughts

Papastratosels26
06-25-2018, 11:37 PM
I know

I just added to up to it my thoughts

Sorry,i misunderstood.

Tauromachos
06-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Sorry,i misunderstood.

Τιποτα φιλε

Να ισε καλα