PDA

View Full Version : Young mother becomes 24th person to kill herself in Bridgend

Vulpix
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084779/Young-mother-24th-person-kill-Bridgend.html): A young mother has been found hanged in Bridgend - bringing the total number of young people to kill themselves to 24 since the start of last year. (!)

Mother-of-one Lisa Dalton, 25, was found in her two-bedroom home - just weeks after the Welsh National Assembly announced a £10m action plan to prevent suicide in the region.

Teuton
11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
That's depressing.:(

I can't imagine what could be so bad that the only way out is to just end it, I just don't get it.

Aragorn
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
well, sometimes life can be very unfair, and if no one is supporting you, then death might be the answer out of the mess.

I can understand it.

Vulpix
11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
What is peculiar about Bridgend, is the series of suicides of many young people in a short period of time. This in a town of only ~40k inhabitants.

It is a symptom of a sick society.

Bridgend has recently seen a dramatic increase in the suicide rate amongst young people, with 23 people aged between 15 and 30 committing suicide in little over a year; for both 2005 and 2006 this figure was just three per year. Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend)

Teuton
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
For every 1730th person about 1 commits suicide.

That is quite high.

Treffie
01-07-2009, 11:29 AM
What is peculiar about Bridgend, is the series of suicides of many young people in a short period of time. This in a town of only ~40k inhabitants.

It is a symptom of a sick society.

No one knows, some of the victims were linked to the Bebo networking website, but other than that.....?:confused:

TheGreatest
01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I've been to England to be frank it was a horrible place. Old buildings that date back to the industrial period, Marxist politicians (in contrast to liberalism on the continent) and unwelcoming people.

Good job Britain. You were once an Empire in which the sun never sets. Now your just the World's Hotel, employing millions of Eastern Europeans, and handing out welfare cheques to refugees and criminals from the Third World.

HawkR
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
It's fashion, that's all. But then again, why would a mother do this? Didn't she feel no responcebility for the child?

Treffie
01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I've been to England to be frank it was a horrible place. Old buildings that date back to the industrial period, Marxist politicians (in contrast to liberalism on the continent) and unwelcoming people.

Ahem! You've never been to Wales then?;)

It's in the top 3 of poorest areas in the UK. I think only Cornwall and the Western Isles (Scotland) are worse off.

Arrow Cross
01-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh the horror. Talk to one of the eastern guest workers for a while and you'll never want to kill yourself over economic issues.