Thank you for sharing.

Rico33
10-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Buddhism denies soul transmigration.

Aila
02-08-2023, 09:11 PM

Yes and no.

As I understand it - Buddhists do not believe in ”God” nor a permanent reincarnating “Soul”, because the moment there is “realization of Union with God” the duality of self and other vanishes. Therefore, no Self – no God.

From the net:

According to the historical Buddha, there is no "soul" or "self" in the sense of a permanent, intrinsic, autonomous "I" inhabiting our bodies. What we imagine to be "I" is an effect created by our brains and senses that is re-created anew every moment. "Enlightenment" might loosely be defined as the falling away of the illusion of "I."

The so called “Realm of Gods” is another, different story.

Valkyrion
02-08-2023, 11:02 PM

Yes and no.

As I understand it - Buddhists do not believe in ”God” nor a permanent reincarnating “Soul”, because the moment there is “realization of Union with God” the duality of self and other vanishes. Therefore, no Self – no God.

What we call as "self" might just be beliefs that we're raised to have, our instincts we're born with and lastly memories of our life experiences that shape our present day identity and actions.

Genetics and environment are the only factors that determine our destinies, soul might just be something like karma that gave us certain genetics and made us born in certain environment.

Aila
02-08-2023, 11:36 PM
^
It seems plausible that ‘rebirth’ is tied to or brought on by ‘Karma’.
Not only are our so-called ‘neurotic patterns’ reborn, but also the level of awareness or the ways we had already transcended them.