PDA

View Full Version : Tuition Protest in Nova Scotia

Grumpy Cat
02-20-2011, 11:57 PM
There is a new political protest type thing going on in my province, which leave students with the highest debt in the country.

You wear a nametag that doesn't even identify yourself, just your amount of student loan debt. I changed my user title to that.

My debt is paid off, that is what I started with.

And here is the song:

Cr2LiQGrC7A

http://www.tappedout.ca

Grumpy Cat
02-21-2011, 12:01 AM
I guess a viral video is the best way, now. When I was in university, we tried protesting in front of legislature but undercover cops anarchists showed up and started smashing windows at businesses and lighting cars on fire.

Sol Invictus
02-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Protesting in this country will get you either arrested and/or beat up. :(

Grumpy Cat
02-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Protesting in this country will get you either arrested and/or beat up. :(

Or the the police send in "anarchist" mules to turn the general public against the cause.

O Argonauta
02-21-2011, 12:19 AM
I guess a viral video is the best way, now. When I was in university, we tried protesting in front of legislature but undercover cops anarchists showed up and started smashing windows at businesses and lighting cars on fire.

Are you suggesting the police would actually pay and/or manipulate some crazy people who show up out of nowhere to disrupt legitimate protest movements?? They would never do something like that, would they?

Grumpy Cat
02-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Are you suggesting the police would actually pay and/or manipulate some crazy people to disrupt legitimate protest movements?? They would never do something like that, would they?

7S1nHvvkzvA

gAfzUOx53Rg

Sol Invictus
02-21-2011, 12:21 AM
^ Beat me to it.

Don't know about anywhere else but in Canada, it's SOP for cops.

Grumpy Cat
02-21-2011, 12:29 AM
^ Beat me to it.

Don't know about anywhere else but in Canada, it's SOP for cops.

I can tell you some messed up things about undercover cops.

They often recruit in the Acadian community - as many could probably discern from speaking to me on Skype, I can speak English without a French accent and French without an English accent - we can blend in with more Canadians than the rest of the population.

I know many who were recruited and went into training with elite police forces, even one who trained people, and they described to me everything from infiltrating techniques to methods of torturing people.

Sol Invictus
02-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I know many who [...] went into training with elite police forces, even one who trained people, and they described to me everything from infiltrating techniques to methods of torturing people.

I was training to be a metro cop for the city of Toronto for the cavalry unit (as you know), and my instructor, being a veteran of several protests boasted of police means of dispersal which included everything from abductions, snatch-and-grap squads, to actual infiltration. So when I say it's SOP for cops, my own experience lends weight to it so I damn well believe you about what goes on with unmarked patrol units aka UC.

Breedingvariety
02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
gAfzUOx53Rg
Formal complaints process is there as steam outlet. It's not meant to influence anything.