PDA

View Full Version : Classify the Spanish athlete Marcus Cooper Walz (not ethnic Spanish)

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 02:32 AM
He is the one who won the gold medal in individual boating at the last Olympic Games in Rio. His father is British and his mother is German he was born in Oxford, but has lived in Mallorca since he was 3 months old, so we can consider him as a Spanish he feels Spanish (at least culturally).You believe that man can pass as an ethnic Spanish.
http://img2.rtve.es/v/3695693?w=1600&preview=1471361514900.jpg
http://img.europapress.es/fotoweb/fotonoticia_20160816163227_980.jpg
https://www.diariocritico.com/fotos/1/288836_marcus.jpg

Morena
04-21-2018, 02:36 AM
Hah, no. He looks German. But I'm glad he's having fun in Spain.

Cristiano viejo
04-21-2018, 02:38 AM
but has lived in Mallorca since he was 3 months old, so we can consider him as a Spanish he feels Spanish (at least culturally).
:picard1:

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 02:39 AM
Hah, no. He looks German. But I'm glad he's having fun in Spain.

causality that mallorca is the place of Spain where there are more Germans and other Guiris.

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 02:40 AM
:picard1:

I say it so that afterwards there are no confusions.

Cristiano viejo
04-21-2018, 02:42 AM
I say it so that afterwards there are no confusions.

None considers him Spanish except himself and stupid lefties/liberals.

Kivan
04-21-2018, 02:47 AM
Noric + CM.

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 02:52 AM
None considers him Spanish except himself and stupid lefties/liberals.

According to the Spanish pages like Marca and many of his compatriots, if they consider him Spanish, anyway, he uses nationalized people to win medals or tournaments. I consider it a trap.

Xacal
04-21-2018, 02:57 AM
Noric + CM.

+1

Morena
04-21-2018, 03:00 AM
causality that mallorca is the place of Spain where there are more Germans and other Guiris.

I don't see why having a few Germans in Spain is a big deal. Germans could probably assimilate into Spanish culture very well, much better than N. Africans and SSA's.

I've met German Latin Americans and they were doing very well. :rolleyes:

alnortedelsur
04-21-2018, 03:12 AM
No, he could not pass as ethnic Spanish. Too Germanic looking.

I remember however, when I was living in Spain, a ethnic British female co-worker who spoke in perfect Spanish, without any foreign accent, and she felt Spanish, and felt Spain like her home because she grew up in Spain since she was very little. She looked like she could convincingly pass as ethnic Spanish, and if she didn't told me that she was actually full blooded British, I would have assumed her as being a regular full Spaniard.

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 03:17 AM
I don't see why having a few Germans in Spain is a big deal. Germans could probably assimilate into Spanish culture very well, much better than N. Africans and SSA's.

I've met German Latin Americans and they were doing very well. :rolleyes:

I think the same. I think he would prefer ten thousand Germans instead of ten thousand Africans, Germans would integrate well, Africans would do the opposite. But Cristiano Viejo does not believe that, he thinks that it does not matter if they are African or Germans, he would expel them all if he governed in Spain Cristiano this guy does not consider him Spanish although he lived most of his life, since he was a baby in Spain, and their parents are not of Spanish ethnic origin, but they are ethnic Europeans, not another ethnic group that invades another continent.

Morena
04-21-2018, 03:25 AM
I think the same. I think he would prefer ten thousand Germans instead of ten thousand Africans, Germans would integrate well, Africans would do the opposite. But Cristiano Viejo does not believe that, he thinks that it does not matter if they are African or Germans, he would expel them all if he governed in Spain Cristiano this guy does not consider him Spanish although he lived most of his life, since he was a baby in Spain, and their parents are not of Spanish ethnic origin, but they are ethnic Europeans, not another ethnic group that invades another continent.

I think that's a little myopic. Germans are intelligent, well-organized, and efficient. They're good at building things and solving problems. Although one wouldn't want to be culturally overrun, at the same time, having a group of Germans would probably benefit whatever nation they decide to live in. It worked out in the US, for example, even though Benjamin Franklin was a little iffy about it. Chile seems to have benefited too.

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 03:25 AM
No, he could not pass as ethnic Spanish. Too Germanic looking.

I remember however, when I was living in Spain, a ethnic British female co-worker who spoke in perfect Spanish, without any foreign accent, and she felt Spanish, and felt Spain like her home because she grew up in Spain since she was very little. She looked like she could convincingly pass as ethnic Spanish, and if she didn't told me that she was actually full blooded British, I would have assumed her as being a regular full Spaniard.

Spain is the second most visited country in the world there must be many cases like marcuz or your friend according to a survey there are approximately three thousand or more Spaniards born of British parents many British prefer to raise their children in Spain for me it seems good to me it is also better European immigration than African. In Mallorca, there are especially many Germans who live and their children are born and grow up in Mallorca and speak Spanish perfectly.

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 03:37 AM
I think that's a little myopic. Germans are intelligent, well-organized, and efficient. They're good at building things and solving problems. Although one wouldn't want to be culturally overrun, at the same time, having a group of Germans would probably benefit whatever nation they decide to live in. It worked out in the US, for example, even though Benjamin Franklin was a little iffy about it. Chile seems to have benefited too.

Benjamin Franklin was an ignorant pro-British who did not trust any other European who was not English or British(like Cristiano with respect to the Spanish and other Europeans). I am surprised that he was independent and not loyal to the British crown if he loved them so much. The Germans are very intelligent. That is why the Spanish empire wanted to be an ally of the Holy German Empire. Germany is a country that has a great mentality and intelligence, any country with a mentality similar to the Germans would be a very interesting country. and attractive is the Germans is the type of immigration needed by countries like Spain, Latin America and the United States, France among others.

Morena
04-21-2018, 03:51 AM
Benjamin Franklin was an ignorant pro-British who did not trust any other European who was not English or British(like Cristiano with respect to the Spanish and other Europeans). I am surprised that he was independent and not loyal to the British crown if he loved them so much. The Germans are very intelligent. That is why the Spanish empire wanted to be an ally of the Holy German Empire. Germany is a country that has a great mentality and intelligence, any country with a mentality similar to the Germans would be a very interesting country. and attractive is the Germans is the type of immigration needed by countries like Spain, Latin America and the United States, France among others.

Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due. Are you an ethnic German?

My father is a yuge Alemanophile. :D

Carlito's Way
04-21-2018, 04:09 AM
if my nigga Cristiano dont accept him as a spanish man, then the nigga aint spanish, let it be

Ruggery
04-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due. Are you an ethnic German?

My father is a yuge Alemanophile. :D

YES, although it is not 100%, a large part of my German ancestry comes from the south Germany. You have German ancestry?. I thought you were 100% Cuban-Iberian.

aherne
04-21-2018, 04:44 AM
Looks German. Can't pass as Iberian...

Odin
04-21-2018, 06:25 AM
Noric + CM.

Morena
04-21-2018, 01:33 PM
YES, although it is not 100%, a large part of my German ancestry comes from the south Germany. You have German ancestry?. I thought you were 100% Cuban-Iberian.

Yes, I am. But 23nM gave me some negligible French/German.
My dad is an Aleman -o- phile. A lover of everything Aleman. :D

Weiss
04-21-2018, 01:37 PM
According to the Spanish pages like Marca and many of his compatriots, if they consider him Spanish, anyway, he uses nationalized people to win medals or tournaments. I consider it a trap.

Then ibaka must also be spanish

Cristiano viejo
04-21-2018, 03:49 PM

Indeed. This is a madness. You can not consider a person Spanish just because has lived in Spain all his life, that is ridicolous. Or because that person considers himself Spanish.

Ibaka case is hilarious. He only lived 1 year in Spain (fortunately he went to USA hehehe) because he played in a basket Spanish club, he even does not speak Spanish... but the pathetic Spanish government nationalized him for our national team :rolleyes: Pure Spanish guy... :rolleyes:

Weiss
04-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Indeed. This is a madness. You can not consider a person Spanish just because has lived in Spain all his life, that is ridicolous. Or because that person considers himself Spanish.

Ibaka case is hilarious. He only lived 1 year in Spain (fortunately he went to USA hehehe) because he played in a basket Spanish club, he even does not speak Spanish... but the pathetic Spanish government nationalized him for our national team :rolleyes: Pure Spanish guy... :rolleyes:

Best part is that at least this german guy kinda embraces Spanish culture, but Ibaka doesn't give a shit at all about Spain, he's always bragging about being from the Congo, and how proud he's about being from there, but then he can barely speak Spanish

Morena
04-21-2018, 07:36 PM

Spain has a long tradition of embracing European immigrants, including Danes, Greeks, and Germans. It's quite the opposite for non Europeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cristiano viejo
04-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Spain has a long tradition of embracing European immigrants, including Danes, Greeks, and Germans. It's quite the opposite for non Europeans.

What?? since when??

AtlantoMediterranean
04-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Culture is a subjective element, it is a psychological creation of one or more groups of people who evolve constantly. From this point of view it is undeniably Spanish as defined by the Spanish law.

For the rest, the only objective vision of the Spanish character is the ancestral origin. To be Spanish, the majority of his ancestors (more than 50%) must be the first inhabitants of Spain, as defined by nature.

Livin
04-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Noric + CM.

This!!!

Cristiano viejo
04-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Culture is a subjective element, it is a psychological creation of one or more groups of people who evolve constantly. From this point of view it is undeniably Spanish as defined by the Spanish law.

For the rest, the only objective vision of the Spanish character is the ancestral origin. To be Spanish, the majority of his ancestors (more than 50%) must be the first inhabitants of Spain, as defined by nature.

More than 50%?? :lol: rather 100%, but thanks for saying who can be Spanish and who can not :rolleyes:

Morena
04-22-2018, 12:47 AM
What?? since when??

Didn't Spain encourage continental immigration after the Reconquista? Didn't Greeks sail with the Conquistadors and map the new world? Someone even made a thread about it.

El Greco, anyone? It's something I've noticed when studying Spanish history. Lots of non-Spanish euros come along for the ride.

Gangrel
04-22-2018, 01:35 AM
Polack

Cristiano viejo
04-22-2018, 01:36 AM
Didn't Spain encourage continental immigration after the Reconquista?
Humm no. I mean, during the Reconquista some Franks came to Spain, yes. But not Danish, Germans or Greeks like you claimed.
Some centuries later, in the century XVIII, a few thousands of German colonists settled in Andalusia.
And period.

Didn't Greeks sail with the Conquistadors and map the new world? Someone even made a thread about it.
But that could not be considered immigration. They came to Spain to travel to the New World, not to settle in Spain.

El Greco, anyone? It's something I've noticed when studying Spanish history. Lots of non-Spanish euros come along for the ride.
El Greco or some Flemish and Italian artists (painters, sculptors, etc) are super isolated cases. Again that is not immigration properly said.
It is like if due Leonor de Castilla, the wife of the English king Eduard I, we spoke about Spanish immigration in England :rolleyes:

Morena
04-22-2018, 01:43 AM
Humm no. I mean, during the Reconquista some Franks came to Spain, yes. But not Danish, Germans or Greeks like you claimed.
Some centuries later, in the century XVIII, a few thousands of German colonists settled in Andalusia.
And period.

But that could not considered immigration. They came to Spain to travel to the New World, not to settle in Spain.

El Greco or some Flemish and Italian artists (painters, sculptors, etc) are super isolated cases. Again that is not immigration properly said.
It is like if due Leonor de Castilla, the wife of the English king Eduard I, we spoke about Spanish immigration in England :rolleyes:

So why isn't this German guy like El Greco? He's obviously an asset. I just don't understand why you would have a problem with Europeans, and Germans, in particular, living in small numbers in Spain. I think we're going to have to just agree to disagree.

Cristiano viejo
04-22-2018, 01:47 AM
So why isn't this German guy like El Greco?

Yes, he is. El Greco is not considered Spanish but what he was: Greek. El Greco means literally that: The Greek :noidea: