PDA

View Full Version : Do you wish Brazil was a Spanish speaking country?

Latinus
04-22-2018, 09:11 PM
I prefer the Portuguese language, but would Brazil be a more influent country if we spoke Spanish, the second most spoken language of the world and more widespread than Portuguese? Most of our Latin America neighbours are hispanophone and we're the only country in this portion of the continent that speak Portuguese. Would we be less isolated from Latin America if we spoke Spanish?

Discuss...

Marinus
04-22-2018, 09:27 PM
In regards to style and beauty I prefer Portuguese, I just think it's a prettier language and I like the "unique" status Brazil has in Latin America because of our language.

With that said, Spanish is far more important on the world stage than Portuguese is, more countries speak it & it has a higher number of native speakers, it has a far higher number of L2 speakers world wide, it's one of the official languages of the UN and all its subsidiaries, China recently started teaching kids Spanish as a 2nd language in its schools due to its far more streamlined phonetic system -- once you learn the corresponfing sound to each letter Spanish is very easy to learn.

It's just a more useful language and easier to learn than Portuguese. So aside from a stylistic point of view, Brazil would have been better off speaking Spanish.

Joso
04-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Yes, it would be more easy to comunicate with foreigners.

alnortedelsur
04-22-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm not Brazilian, but I honesty think that Brazil would not be BRASIL as we know it, with its Portuguese speaking flavor. So I think Brazil is cool just like it is: being Portuguese speaking, and I wouldn't change that.

Heather Duval
04-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Would still be a third world country

Heather Duval
04-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Those Latin American countries speak Spanish and are worse than Brazil. Latin America is a sex tourism for gringo to eat pussy of latin prostitutes. Nothing more than that. Colombia, Venezuela etc are a joke. I prefer to live in Brazil and speak Portuguese than to live in these shit places. Dominican Republic is for sure the happiest place for gringo visit. It's pussy free everywhere. And they are selling it for 5 dollars. Whores in Latam are very cheap.

Aodhan
04-22-2018, 11:49 PM
No way

Incal
04-23-2018, 12:18 AM
Relations would be fluid. Anyway, brazilian portuguese is like a spanish for beginners so the latter should be made mandatory at school.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 12:31 AM
Those Latin American countries speak Spanish and are worse than Brazil. Latin America is a sex tourism for gringo to eat pussy of latin prostitutes. Nothing more than that. Colombia, Venezuela etc are a joke. I prefer to live in Brazil and speak Portuguese than to live in these shit places. Dominican Republic is for sure the happiest place for gringo visit. It's pussy free everywhere. And they are selling it for 5 dollars. Whores in Latam are very cheap.
You could have said Argentina or Uruguay instead Colombia or Venezuela :rolleyes:

Dandelion
04-23-2018, 12:53 AM
You could have said Argentina or Uruguay instead Colombia or Venezuela :rolleyes:

Spain's proudest sons weren't mentioned.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 12:55 AM
Spain's proudest sons weren't mentioned.

It is called Brazilian complexes.

skain
04-23-2018, 01:02 AM
Nope.

Dominicanese
04-23-2018, 01:04 AM
eu nao acho que faria muita diferenca

porque o brasil e basicamente visto como um pais típico da america latina para o mundo exterior e o interior tambem, mas com a diferença de que o brasil fala portuge. Eu tambem sei que o Brasil tem suas regioes onde o espanhol e ouvido e falado pelos brasileiros e uma mistura dos dois. Tambem e muito facil falar espanhol para brasileiros ou entende lo e vice versa.

alem de tudo isso, a cultura e a herança brasileiras sao a mesma merda que qualquer outra nacao de língua espanhola na qual compartilha as tres culturas conhecidas juntas e todos nos sabemos como nos divertir e foder.

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:05 AM

They are included in the "etc".

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:06 AM

porque o brasil e basicamente visto como um pais típico da america latina para o mundo exterior e o interior tambem, mas com a diferença de que o brasil fala portuge. Eu tambem sei que o Brasil tem suas regioes onde o espanhol e ouvido e falado pelos brasileiros e uma mistura dos dois. Tambem e muito facil falar espanhol para brasileiros ou entende lo e vice versa.

alem de tudo isso, a cultura e a herança brasileiras sao a mesma merda que qualquer outra nacao de língua espanhola na qual compartilha as tres culturas conhecidas juntas e todos nos sabemos como nos divertir e foder.

Não.

Latinus
04-23-2018, 01:09 AM

Os brasileiros vivem "isolados" da América Latina. Nós vivemos numa bolha.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:11 AM
They are included in the "etc".

Sure, sure... too coincidence that you did not name the two whitest/prosperous Spanish-speaking countries :rolleyes:

Latinus
04-23-2018, 01:13 AM
Não.

O máximo que temos é o "portunhol" em regiões fronteiriças com a América Hispânica. Mas o portunhol existe porque o brasileiro médio não sabe se expressar em espanhol.

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:15 AM
Sure, sure... too coincidence that you did not name the two whitest/prosperous Spanish-speaking countries :rolleyes:

? Say whatever you want. The South of Brazil is whitest and I dont want to live there. I dont want to live in Argentina or any shit in Latin America. I would stay in Rio ou go to California. Thats all.

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:18 AM
O máximo que temos é o "portunhol" em regiões fronteiriças com a América Hispânica. Mas o portunhol existe porque o brasileiro médio não sabe se expressar em espanhol.

Graças o maravilhoso Getúlio Vargas que fez desse país 100% falante do idioma Português e inclusive proibiu entrada de imigrantes Italianos, Alemães, Espanhóis etc. O reizinho também fez do Samba cultura Brasileira/Carioca.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:27 AM
? Say whatever you want. The South of Brazil is whitest and I dont want to live there. I dont want to live in Argentina or any shit in Latin America. I would stay in Rio ou go to California. Thats all.

California, haha. it is ironic that you dont want to go to these Spanish-speaking countries but you do want to... California ha ha ha

Latinus
04-23-2018, 01:29 AM
Graças o maravilhoso Getúlio Vargas que fez desse país 100% falante do idioma Português e inclusive proibiu entrada de imigrantes Italianos, Alemães, Espanhóis etc. O reizinho também fez do Samba cultura Brasileira/Carioca.

Até onde sei ele não proibiu a entrada de imigrantes, mas sim queria abrasileirar-los devido a sua política nacionalista e por isso suprimiu línguas que não fossem o português.
Mas o português soa mais belo que o espanhol. Uma característica do Brasil que devemos nos orgulhar.

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:29 AM
California, haha. it is ironic that you dont want to go to these Spanish-speaking countries but you do want to... California ha ha ha

Most people in California speak English and USA is a first world country. If America hispanica was good, Miami and California were not be full of them.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:31 AM
Most people in California speak English and USA is a first world country. If America hispanica was good, Miami and California were not be full of them.

How not, if it is their homeland??

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:34 AM
Até onde sei ele não proibiu a entrada de imigrantes, mas sim queria abrasileirar-los devido a sua política nacionalista e por isso suprimiu línguas que não fossem o português.
Mas o português soa mais belo que o espanhol. Uma característica do Brasil que devemos nos orgulhar.

Ele controlou a imigração, o Brasil teria mais Italianos por exemplo. Ele criou uma lei de cotas. Espanhóis, Italianos, Alemães etc tiveram até que mudar o sobrenome. Conheço uma atriz de origem Espanhola com sobrenome Abrasileirado hahaha

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 01:35 AM

Refugees who left Cuba and others shit to try to live a dignified life in the United States.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:39 AM
Refugees who left Cuba and others shit to try to live a dignified life in the United States.
These Cubans are related to that Caribean area which includes Florida :whistle:

Bobby Martnen
04-23-2018, 01:41 AM

It isn't their homeland, any more than Sleswick is an Englishman's homeland because some of his ancestors lived there a long time ago.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:45 AM
It isn't their homeland, any more than Sleswick is an Englishman's homeland because some of his ancestors lived there a long time ago.

Yes, when Anglos arrived there idk if you know but their ancestors already lived there since some thousands of years ago :rolleyes:

time67
04-23-2018, 01:49 AM
If Brazilians were Hispanic:

1. Brazil might have overtaken Mexico as the most influential Latin American country, albeit Mexico has closer ties to the U.S.

2. The "Hispanic" percentage in the U.S., particularly in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, The Tri-State, and Florida would rise dramatically since Brazilians aren't classified as "Latinos" in the U.S as of now.

3. There would probably be even more immigration between Brazil and Spanish-speaking Latin American countries. Because of Brazil's growing economy, it could become the "California" of South America and draw tons of Colombians, Venezuelans, Peruvians, Bolivians, Paraguayans, and even Argentines who won't be deterred by the language barrier. Similarly, there would be more Brazilians in various parts of Latin America.

4. Hispanics will no longer be seen as strictly Mestizos, Southern Euros, and Amerindians in phenotype by the outside world. People will become more familiarized with Spanish speakers who look Nordic/Germanic, Black/mulatto, or Japanese/East Asian.

5. Brazil will have MUCH bigger tensions with Spanish speaking Latin American countries than it currently does, particularly with Argentina, Colombia, and Mexico.

6. Brazilian Spanish will become a thing and quite popular. Since Brazil has the largest Andalusian population outside of Spain as it is already, it will presumably have a strong Andalusian/Canarian influence similar to Venezuela and the Latin Caribbean. Brazil will also become the biggest Spanish speaking country in the world on top of that.

7. Music and media from Brazil will become more popular throughout other parts of Latin America

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Honestly, I prefer Brazil being a Lusophone nation. It adds a lot of uniqueness to the region.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 01:56 AM
6. Brazilian Spanish will become a thing and quite popular. Since Brazil has the largest Andalusian population outside of Spain as it is already, it will presumably have a strong Andalusian/Canarian influence similar to Venezuela and the Latin Caribbean. Brazil will also become the biggest Spanish speaking country in the world on top of that.

I doubt this.

Thot Whisperer
04-23-2018, 02:06 AM
I doubt this.

Why are there Brazilians on Spain’s Football team, I took pride in the spanish team for using native players since the USA team didn’t qualify, Spain would have been my go to team

Latinus
04-23-2018, 02:08 AM
Spanish immigration to Brazil is underrated compared to Italian. Spanish were the third largest ethnic group that immigrated to Brasil in the XIX and XX centuries, only behind Portuguese and Italians.

Carlito's Way
04-23-2018, 02:10 AM
If Brazilians were Hispanic:

1. Brazil might have overtaken Mexico as the most influential Latin American country, albeit Mexico has closer ties to the U.S.

No, it would had not, because even Mexico has influence Brazil greatly, in fact there is more Mexican influence in Brazil than Germany, while Brazil hasn't left any influences in Mexico or any other Spanish speaking nation

3. There would probably be even more immigration between Brazil and Spanish-speaking Latin American countries. Because of Brazil's growing economy, it could become the "California" of South America and draw tons of Colombians, Venezuelans, Peruvians, Bolivians, Paraguayans, and even Argentines who won't be deterred by the language barrier. Similarly, there would be more Brazilians in various parts of Latin America.

I doubt it because Mexico has a better and bigger economy than Brazil and all of the economist even say so, Brazil just like today would still remain the same, I think the only difference would be them leaving their country in much higher number to South American nations, and also to Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama

4. Hispanics will no longer be seen as strictly Mestizos, Southern Euros, and Amerindians in phenotype by the outside world. People will become more familiarized with Spanish speakers who look Nordic/Germanic, Black/mulatto, or Japanese/East Asian.

That is not true, you are over estimating their Nordic/Germanic and East Asian population, in fact Peru has a much larger East Asian population by PERCENTAGE than Brazil, Bolivia also has a much larger percentage of Norther/Germanic people by percentage than Brazil

5. Brazil will have MUCH bigger tensions with Spanish speaking Latin American countries than it currently does, particularly with Argentina, Colombia, and Mexico.

dont understand this, what do you mean?

Mexico had the largest Andalusian population in the New World in the colonial days, they all left for Mexico
this is why Mexico was considered the most Andalusian nation in the New World during the colonial days

so what are you talking about? where do you read your history?

7. Music and media from Brazil will become more popular throughout other parts of Latin America

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Honestly, I prefer Brazil being a Lusophone nation. It adds a lot of uniqueness to the region.

I can see the music being more popular just like Hispanic caribbean music is
funk music would rival reggaeton

Carlito's Way
04-23-2018, 02:11 AM
Spanish immigration to Brazil is underrated compared to Italian. Spanish were the third largest ethnic group that immigrated to Brasil in the XIX and XX centuries, only behind Portuguese and Italians.

more Spaniards immigrated to Brazil than any other group
its just that brazilians want to make up ancestries and claim things they dont have like German, Italian, British, Gypsy, etc

Latinus
04-23-2018, 02:17 AM
more Spaniards immigrated to Brazil than any other group
its just that brazilians want to make up ancestries and claim things they dont have like German, Italian, British, Gypsy, etc

In the XIX and XX centuries, Spaniards were the third largest ethnic group that immigrated to Brasil.
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/slideimigraoefimtraficonegreiroblog-160912181131/95/slide-imigrao-e-fim-trafico-negreiro-9-638.jpg?cb=1473703960

I don't have Spanish ancestry. I'm Luso + Italian (only Northern as far as I know).

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-23-2018, 02:19 AM
I dont care.

Latinus
04-23-2018, 02:20 AM
I dont care.

Then don't post.:thumb001:

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 02:22 AM
In the XIX and XX centuries, Spaniards were the third largest ethnic group that immigrated to Brasil.
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/slideimigraoefimtraficonegreiroblog-160912181131/95/slide-imigrao-e-fim-trafico-negreiro-9-638.jpg?cb=1473703960

I don't have Spanish ancestry. I'm Luso + Italian (only Northern as far as I know).

Its funny that Brazil received more black people than Italian/Germans but people on TA acts like we even have more Italians/Germans descents than black. About 3 millions of Black were spread to Rio/Minas and Bahia.

LouisFerdinand
04-23-2018, 02:39 AM
It is wonderful that Portuguese is spoken in Brazil!!!

Carlito's Way
04-23-2018, 02:46 AM

before that, in the colonia days, there were the second most common group

Latinus
04-23-2018, 02:50 AM
before that, in the colonia days, there were the second most common group

That I agree. But Spanish people are still "invisible" to Brazil.

time67
04-23-2018, 02:56 AM
I always thought Mexico received more Catalans than Andalusians.

According to the book, "Iberia and the Americas" by John Michael Francis who has a PHD in History from the University of Cambridge, at least half of Brazil's Spanish immigrants were Andalusian and Brazil has seen massive Spanish immigration in its history on par with other parts of Latin America.

Also, I was saying that people outside Latin America(like us "Mericans") tend to not know that Nords, Blacks, and East Asians exist in the Hispanic world. It's an ignorance thing.

Carlito's Way
04-23-2018, 03:00 AM

According to the book, "Iberia and the Americas" by John Michael Francis who has a PHD in History from the University of Cambridge, at least half of Brazil's Spanish immigrants were Andalusian and Brazil has seen massive Spanish immigration in its history on par with other parts of Latin America.

Also, I was saying that people outside Latin America(like us "Mericans") tend to not know that Nords, Blacks, and East Asians exist in the Hispanic world. It's an ignorance thing.

catalans were rare in Mexico lol where did you read that?
https://i.imgur.com/0dTZjvz.png
https://i.imgur.com/IpYptPv.png
https://i.imgur.com/9MyeEuS.png
https://i.imgur.com/YbBUhyc.png
https://i.imgur.com/iLFNUhN.png

https://i.imgur.com/XaOzWdD.png
https://i.imgur.com/TI9dAJj.png

Heather Duval
04-23-2018, 03:06 AM
Btw
Today is holiday in Brazil. Day of São Jorge! A "saint" celebrated in Afro religions like Umbanda. I heard some fireworks right now, people in the city is celebrating it.

Dominicanese
04-23-2018, 03:12 AM
Os brasileiros vivem "isolados" da América Latina. Nós vivemos numa bolha.

nao me surpreende

o tamanho do brasil literalmente ocupa mais de 50% da america do sul. Tudo isso e a maior parte do Brasil que eu imagino ainda nao esta ocupado porque e muito grande, semelhante a australia.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 02:01 PM
Why are there Brazilians on Spain’s Football team, I took pride in the spanish team for using native players since the USA team didn’t qualify, Spain would have been my go to team
There are currently for the World Championship two Brazilians, Diego Costa and Thiago Alcántara. Three if they take Rodrigo Moreno.
The reason is pure nationalization because they played in Spanish clubs, nothing else. There are no links with Brazilians at all.

It is wonderful that Portuguese is spoken in Brazil!!!
So I think.

No way, and the proof is the amount of Catalan surnames you can find there: quite few compared with Castilian and Basque surnames.

QUICAS
04-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Spanish is a very beautiful tongue, but I prefer brazilians isolated in a bubble like it is now. Its liguistic-anthropologic interesting.

QUICAS
04-23-2018, 04:25 PM
nao me surpreende

o tamanho do brasil literalmente ocupa mais de 50% da america do sul. Tudo isso e a maior parte do Brasil que eu imagino ainda nao esta ocupado porque e muito grande, semelhante a australia.

Yeah its a big isolated bubble with 210 milion people. PORTUGUESE IS THE MOST SPOKED LANGUAGE IN SOUTH AMERICA.

QUICAS
04-23-2018, 04:28 PM
Spanish is not the spoked language in any continent, not in North America, not in South America and neither Europe. Anyway, its my top 3 favorite foreigner languages, but I would not like to learn because its fucking similar to portuguese, we already understand everything you talk and I would lost my time learning something so similar.

Latinus
04-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Spanish is not the smoked language in any continent, not in North America, not in South America and neither Europe. Anyway, its my top 3 favorite foreigner languages, but I would not like to learn because its fucking similar to portuguese, we already understand everything you talk and I would lost my time learning something so similar.

I don't understand everything they say, much less the writing. That's why I'll begin to study the Spanish language.

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 05:26 PM

There's too much offer, and still relatively small demand. Brazil only had like 6-7 million international tourists last year, while the prostitution business is only on the rise.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 05:40 PM
There's too much offer, and still relatively small demand. Brazil only had like 6-7 million international tourists last year, while the prostitution business is only on the rise.

6-7 millions only?? wow, that is very very few, specially for a big country... Spain had 82 millions! http://www.lavanguardia.com/economia/20180110/434208713049/datos-turismo-2017-record-llegadas-turistas-internacionales.html

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 05:40 PM
And I wish Brazil spoke Native American languages. Second option would be Swedish. If Brazil were Hispanic, it would be the same country it is today, just a different language.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 05:41 PM
And I wish Brazil spoke Native American languages. Second option would be Swedish. If Brazil were Hispanic, it would be the same country it is today, just a different language.

And with native languages would be worse.
With Swedish language would be ridicolous :lol:

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 05:46 PM
6-7 millions only?? wow, that is very very few, specially for a big country... Spain had 82 millions! http://www.lavanguardia.com/economia/20180110/434208713049/datos-turismo-2017-record-llegadas-turistas-internacionales.html

Ticket prices to Brazil are horribly overpriced, the place is generally violent and expensive when compared to other destinations as well. Only brave middle or upper-middle class Europeans/Americans visit Brazil, with a few Asian/African tourists here and there. South Americans don't see much reason to visit each others' countries, so not many of them come to Brazil. Spain is close and cheap for Northern Europeans, so I am not surprised by the numbers. A ticket to Barcelona might set me back 40-80 euros, but to Brazil it would cost me 800 to 1200 euros. :eek:

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 05:49 PM
And with native languages would be worse.
With Swedish language would be ridicolous :lol:

With Native languages, it would be in a natural state which would obviously be the best option. If Brazil was colonized by Sweden, it would have been a first-world country a long time ago. Possibly the most powerful country in the world as Swedish culture is better than Anglo-Saxon culture.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 05:53 PM
Ticket prices to Brazil are horribly overpriced, the place is generally violent and expensive when compared to other destinations as well. Only brave middle or upper-middle class Europeans/Americans visit Brazil, with a few Asian/African tourists here and there. South Americans don't see much reason to visit each others' countries, so not many of them come to Brazil. Spain is close and cheap for Northern Europeans, so I am not surprised by the numbers. A ticket to Barcelona might set me back 40-80 euros, but to Brazil it would cost me 800 to 1200 euros. :eek:

You should, since it is not North Europeans in exclusivity who come here. And in the list British are the first, French the second and Germans the third.

Also your argument about why Brazil does not receive too tourists due its remoteness is a semi-truth. USA is the third country in the world that more tourists received... and is equally far...

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 06:00 PM
You should, since it is not North Europeans in exclusivity who come here. And in the list British are the first, French the second and Germans the third.

Also your argument about why Brazil does not receive too tourists due its remoteness is a semi-truth. USA is the third country in the world that more tourists received... and is equally far...

Are you kidding me? I can find ticket prices of 150 to 250 euros to New York and around 400 euros to Miami. It's still less than half the price I'd pay to travel to Brazil during low season. Also, people have a general perception that America is safer than Brazil, which is true in most cases, but not always. Then there's the influence of American culture, which is huge. Brits are Northern Europeans, btw. But yeah, all classes in Northern and Central Europe can afford travelling to Spain or Greece.

Bell Beaker
04-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Are you kidding me? I can find ticket prices of 150 to 250 euros to New York and around 400 euros to Miami. It's still less than half the price I'd pay to travel to Brazil during low season. Also, people have a general perception that America is safer than Brazil, which is true in most cases, but not always. Then there's the influence of American culture, which is huge. Brits are Northern Europeans, btw. But yeah, all classes in Northern and Central Europe can afford travelling to Spain or Greece.

I even guess that it is a middle-lower class to do thing in the UK, spending 15 days in Algarve or anyother far-southern European region with a beach and a Mediterranean or some similar sort of climate.

And then you have many retired Northern Europeans who live in Algarve and around the Southern Coast, they usualy say that Security and generaly low prices here are the main reason.

I've been to Andalusia in the last couple of years and the situation is even bigger.....

As for the thread's subject. If Brazil was a Spanish speaking country it would be like a greater Dominican Republic with a larger part of the population who is White.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 06:16 PM
With Native languages, it would be in a natural state which would obviously be the best option.
Not much more than with Portuguese. Brazilians are not Natives, man. They are as Portuguese by origin as Natives, if not more.

If Brazil was colonized by Sweden, it would have been a first-world country a long time ago. Possibly the most powerful country in the world as Swedish culture is better than Anglo-Saxon culture.
Cool story. Very, very cool. Bad luck that Swedish were unable to colonize something :rolleyes:
Also, Brazil was a rich colony a long time ago.

Are you kidding me? I can find ticket prices of 150 to 250 euros to New York and around 400 euros to Miami. It's still less than half the price I'd pay to travel to Brazil during low season. Also, people have a general perception that America is safer than Brazil, which is true in most cases, but not always. Then there's the influence of American culture, which is huge.
New York and Miami are not the entire USA and New York and Miami dont represent the unique American places where tourists travel there.

Brits are Northern Europeans, btw. But yeah, all classes in Northern and Central Europe can afford travelling to Spain or Greece.
No, they are not, same than French or Germans are not neither. And dont think they are super rich people that come here wasting money with both hands.... NO, SINCE SOME TIME AGO THEY ARE KNOWN FOR MAKING FALSE REPORTS BY INTOXICATIONS IN THE HOTELS WHERE THEY STAY, TO ACHIEVE THESE HOTELS DONT CHARGE THEM THE CASH :rolleyes:

Look if this became serious that even the British government has called their people to not make such things:
UK moves to prevent British tourists from lodging fake food-poisoning claims
Spanish tourism operators have threatened to ban Britons over scams that have cost industry €60m
https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/07/10/inenglish/1499686614_664149.html

Dominicanese
04-23-2018, 07:04 PM
voce acha que um dos brasileiros brancos de sao paulo gostaria do pau do quadro dominicano?

Latinus
04-23-2018, 07:15 PM
voce acha que um dos brasileiros brancos de sao paulo gostaria do pau do quadro dominicano?

Só as bibas.

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 07:18 PM

Sim. Milhões deles, na verdade. Todos os que torcem pelo SPFC são viadinhos.

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Not much more than with Portuguese. Brazilians are not Natives, man. They are as Portuguese by origin as Natives, if not more.

Cool story. Very, very cool. Bad luck that Swedish were unable to colonize something :rolleyes:
Also, Brazil was a rich colony a long time ago.

New York and Miami are not the entire USA and New York and Miami dont represent the unique American places where tourists travel there.

No, they are not, same than French or Germans are not neither. And dont think they are super rich people that come here wasting money with both hands.... NO, SINCE SOME TIME AGO THEY ARE KNOWN FOR MAKING FALSE REPORTS BY INTOXICATIONS IN THE HOTELS WHERE THEY STAY, TO ACHIEVE THESE HOTELS DONT CHARGE THEM THE CASH :rolleyes:

Look if this became serious that even the British government has called their people to not make such things:
UK moves to prevent British tourists from lodging fake food-poisoning claims
Spanish tourism operators have threatened to ban Britons over scams that have cost industry €60m
https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/07/10/inenglish/1499686614_664149.html

Who cares if Brazil was a rich colony. It was a horrible society for most people living there. If Swedes had colonized Brazil, it would be the most powerful country in the world by far.

Cristiano viejo
04-23-2018, 07:29 PM
Who cares if Brazil was a rich colony. It was a horrible society for most people living there. If Swedes had colonized Brazil, it would be the most powerful country in the world by far.

Source: your hot imagination.

Bell Beaker
04-23-2018, 07:32 PM

Qual é o teu clube pah! Santos ou Corinthians? Não deves ser do Palmeiras de certeza. xD

Eu no Brasil gosto do Vasco. Desculpa lá ser patriota nestas questões.

Dominicanese
04-23-2018, 07:37 PM

argh, todos eles so vao por dinheiro

se voce enrolar uma nota de 100 dolares em torno de seu pau, entao e quando eles vem e sugam

thats what i believe and its a fact, had my fun already

eu so queria que as coisas fossem um pouco mais faceis para todos nos.

Black Panther
04-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Qual é o teu clube pah! Santos ou Corinthians? Não deves ser do Palmeiras de certeza. xD

Sou Santos, mas não sou tão fanático como meus amigos.

skain
04-23-2018, 09:17 PM
I even guess that it is a middle-lower class to do thing in the UK, spending 15 days in Algarve or anyother far-southern European region with a beach and a Mediterranean or some similar sort of climate.

And then you have many retired Northern Europeans who live in Algarve and around the Southern Coast, they usualy say that Security and generaly low prices here are the main reason.

I've been to Andalusia in the last couple of years and the situation is even bigger.....

As for the thread's subject. If Brazil was a Spanish speaking country it would be like a greater Dominican Republic with a larger part of the population who is White.

I think would be a greater Puerto rico.

Chaos One
04-23-2018, 09:39 PM

Deveria torcer pra Portuguesa então. lol

Seja a tradicional, seja a de Santos, seja a do Rio (e tem uma no Paraná também).

Bell Beaker
04-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Deveria torcer pra Portuguesa então. lol

Seja a tradicional, seja a de Santos, seja a do Rio (e tem uma no Paraná também).

Vasco da Gama tem mais tradição meu caro, um clube mais abrangente e com valores lusos. Portuguesa está morta pah!

Chaos One
04-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Vasco da Gama tem mais tradição meu caro, um clube mais abrangente e com valores lusos. Portuguesa está morta pah!

Jogar na A-2 do Campeonato Paulista não é tão ruim assim. O time que eu torço joga na A-2...

A Portuguesa Santista inclusive foi promovida este ano e jogará na A-2 também.

O problema do Vasco é meio parecido com o do Palmeiras (quanto a história do clube) : o Palmeiras sempre foi o clube dos Italianos de SP, mas hoje em dia a maioria da torcida tem vínculo algum com isso. Tem foto de parentes meus no antigo Palestra Itália (década de 30) quando só Italiano torcia pro time...

Bell Beaker
04-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Jogar na A-2 do Campeonato Paulista não é tão ruim assim. O time que eu torço joga na A-2...

A Portuguesa Santista inclusive foi promovida este ano e jogará na A-2 também.

O problema do Vasco é meio parecido com o do Palmeiras (quanto a história do clube) : o Palmeiras sempre foi o clube dos Italianos de SP, mas hoje em dia a maioria da torcida tem vínculo algum com isso. Tem foto de parentes meus no antigo Palestra Itália (década de 30) quando só Italiano torcia pro time...

Acho que essas questões identitárias no futebol só se vêm hoje em dia na massa adepta, aposto que no Rio as pessoas ainda mais ligadas a Portugal que vivam no Rio e áreas adjacentes tendam a ser do Vasco (o Vasco acho que até tem mais torcedores do que o Fluminense no Rio) e disputa taco a taco com o Palmeiras no país inteiro, tal como os torcedores do Palmeiras também assim o sejam.

Chaos One
04-23-2018, 10:30 PM
Acho que essas questões identitárias no futebol só se vêm hoje em dia na massa adepta, aposto que no Rio as pessoas ainda mais ligadas a Portugal que vivam no Rio e áreas adjacentes tendam a ser do Vasco (o Vasco acho que até tem mais torcedores do que o Fluminense no Rio) e disputa taco a taco com o Palmeiras no país inteiro, tal como os torcedores do Palmeiras também assim o sejam.

Sim, é bem isso. Na verdade os torcedores do Vasco fazem mais questão de enfatizar quando eles possuem raízes lusitanas, tal qual os do Palmeiras e Juventus quando tem italiana, os do Jabaquara quando tem espanhola, etc etc. O meu time seria o time dos Britânicos de SP, e como tem muito pouco, é quase impossível ver algo do tipo - ainda que o clube tenha uma ênfase em deixar bem claro o passado do clube nas cores e no processo de criação dele.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 01:40 AM

Que piadista vc. Torcedores do Vasco são maioria pardos no Rj e td dia aparecem na tv queimando onibus e fazendo coisas de baixo nivel nos estádios após perder pro Flamengo.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP986HEGyxrsnWj0KuLKikAS1BnpUrK QJlAgNi-3G99HjZvBjW

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 01:51 AM

Because Spain receives a lot European tourists cause if youre in Europe you can travel the whole continent very cheap and in just one day. Duh. If youre in Uk you have free acess to the whole Europe. People in France fly to Uk in less than 2 hours.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:07 AM
"Lusos"

https://youtu.be/U-AmcCmP06M
Eu morro que o povo da internet/TA vive num mundo imaginário completamente fora da casinha. Algo bastante fanfic.

Bell Beaker
04-24-2018, 02:16 AM
Que piadista vc. Torcedores do Vasco são maioria pardos no Rj e td dia aparecem na tv queimando onibus e fazendo coisas de baixo nivel nos estádios após perder pro Flamengo.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP986HEGyxrsnWj0KuLKikAS1BnpUrK QJlAgNi-3G99HjZvBjW

Te perguntei alguma coisa?

Marinus
04-24-2018, 02:21 AM
Praticamente todas as torcidas organizadas são uma porcaria, variando em graus de porcariedade.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:21 AM
Te perguntei alguma coisa?

Não importa. Vaiscainos são um bando de pardos e vandalos que destroem essa cidade. Todo jogo no maracanã essas pragas estão brigando contra o time rival e sempre termina em alguem machucado.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:28 AM
Praticamente todas as torcidas organizadas são uma porcaria, variando em graus de porcariedade.

E não existe divisão racial em nenhum time do Brazil. Social? Talvez. Flamengo x Vasco é o mais comum no Rio, por tanto ambos não são times de Elite. Se pesquisar ou assistir um jogo no maraca, vc verá q os torcedores de ambos são 80% pardos e parecem gangster.

skain
04-24-2018, 02:31 AM
Não importa. Vaiscainos são um bando de pardos e vandalos que destroem essa cidade. Todo jogo no maracanã essas pragas estão brigando contra o time rival e sempre termina em alguem machucado.

Único time que tem um grande número de brancos torcendo no Rio é o Fluminense. Teve um cara aqui que falou que a maioria dos torcedores do Vasco eram de classe alta kkkkkkk.Porque supostamente pra ele os torcedores do Vasco seriam em sua maioria descendentes de portugueses. Mas só você olhar os jogos que tu só vê Pardos.

Marinus
04-24-2018, 02:32 AM
E não existe divisão racial em nenhum time do Brazil. Social? Talvez. Flamengo x Vasco é o mais comum no Rio, por tanto ambos não são times de Elite. Se pesquisar ou assistir um jogo no maraca, vc verá q os torcedores de ambos são 80% pardos e parecem gangster.

É praticamente assim no Sul também.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:35 AM
Único time que tem um grande número de brancos torcendo no Rio é o Fluminense. Teve um cara aqui que falou que a maioria dos torcedores do Vasco eram de classe alta kkkkkkk.Porque supostamente pra eles seriam em sua maioria descendentes de portugueses. Mas só você olhar os jogos. Você só vê Pardos.

Classe média alta que aparecem td dia no globo sport como exemplos de como ser selvagem

Latinus
04-24-2018, 02:40 AM
Eu parei de assistir futebol lá por meados de 2004 ou 2005. Quando assistia eu era um fanático torcedor do Flamengo. E é um fato que esse time tem muitos torcedores negros e pardos.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:42 AM
Eu parei de assistir futebol lá por meados de 2004 ou 2005. Quando assistia eu era um fanático torcedor do Flamengo. E é um fato que esse time tem muitos torcedores negros e pardos.

"Esse" qual? Pq o Fla tbm se encaixa bem.

skain
04-24-2018, 02:45 AM

Parou de torcer pro Flamengo com 9 anos.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 02:54 AM
Em 2005 eu estava vendo rebelde no sbt. Sdds da minha infancia feliz.

Latinus
04-24-2018, 02:57 AM
"Esse" qual? Pq o Fla tbm se encaixa bem.

Sim, o Flamengo.

Latinus
04-24-2018, 03:01 AM
Parou de torcer pro Flamengo com 9 anos.

E quantos anos você teria?

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 03:06 AM
Sim, o Flamengo.

Vasco tbm. Nunca vi torcedor do vasco branco, nem no maraca
Torcedores do Vasco indo assistir um jogo no maraca
https://vasco.blob.core.windows.net/site/upload/editor/torcida1.jpg
https://vasco.blob.core.windows.net/site/upload/editor/torcida7.jpg

NSXD60
04-24-2018, 03:11 AM
No country should have Castilian inflicted upon it.

skain
04-24-2018, 05:27 AM
E quantos anos você teria?

9 anos na época. Fiz 21 esse ano

Cristiano viejo
04-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Because Spain receives a lot European tourists cause if youre in Europe you can travel the whole continent very cheap and in just one day. Duh. If youre in Uk you have free acess to the whole Europe. People in France fly to Uk in less than 2 hours.

Well yes, you are right... but the difference between Spain and Brazil still is amazing (82 millions vs 7)... taking account that Brazil, in principle, has a lot of natural attractions...

Catarinense1998
04-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Cool thread.So, I think that the world would think that we are like the others countries which speak spanish in Latin America.The portuguese language do us specials here.Our accent not is so great, because I guess the portuguese of Portugal accent more cool even I speaking with my regional accent that is very strange to the others brazilians states.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Well yes, you are right... but the difference between Spain and Brazil still is amazing (82 millions vs 7)... taking account that Brazil, in principle, has a lot of natural attractions...

According to statistics the tourists who visit Brazil are most Argentines, Americans and French. I think for a European to visit Brazil is more expensive than visiting any country in Europe, because with the European Union they have practically free access. I researched the statistics today, but I could imagine because I always meet French people here in Rio.

Cristiano viejo
04-24-2018, 02:18 PM

http://electomania.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/0f11802b-2d14-410d-a36e-4891a9266128.gif

Catarinense1998
04-24-2018, 02:20 PM
http://electomania.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/0f11802b-2d14-410d-a36e-4891a9266128.gif

Castella y León bandiera.

Dominicanese
04-24-2018, 03:01 PM
idk y ppl would want brazil to change

its fine the way it is

and its not like portuguese & spanish r all that different, its iberian culture

and i been to spain, and iv asked portuguese ppl personally (without taking pride) what is the difference between spain and portugal besides language and they all said nothing so

and brazil is still a latin american country, we as spanish speakers talk about brazil like if its one of us and its because it is

some might disagree with me but i stand with what i say

i speak portuguese cause it was easy to learn because like italian, it is so so very close to the spanish language

on top a that, the region of DR from were i am from (el cibao) had alot of portuguese settlers in the 16th and 17th century, so we still have portuguese being spoken up until the late 1600s when canarians started coming in in large numbers and deluted the portuguese ppl, the portuguese influence is still heard in my spanish (cibao spanish) where cibaeños replace the spanish "R" sounds for an "i" sound, so instead of "tardes" we say "taides" and that is a leftover portuguese trait or influence.

so by that it was already easyb for me to get due to some similarities in pronunciations, and also my frequent travels to curazao when i was a kid and learned some papiamentu which is basically a portuguese-spanish creole language with dutch and west african influences

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 03:41 PM
Os intelectuais Brasileiros detestam Futebol e chamam de pão e circo

Pão e Circo – Reflexões sobre Futebol, UFC, BBB e Carnaval
http://marciookabe.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/matrix-ufc-bbb-futebol-carnaval.jpg
http://www.abdic.org.br/index.php/377-pao-circo-futebol-e-carnaval

Até o povinho do yahoo reclama disto
No Brasil todo ano é a mesmo pão e circo, novelas, carnaval, bbb, infinitos campeonatos de futebol, quero é ir embora desse país!!?
https://br.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20180120220809AA0KY0u&guccounter=1

Marinus
04-24-2018, 03:42 PM

I know America has it's fair share of trouble with Spanish speakers, but Castellano is a wonderful language in itself, it has a beautiful history.

its fine the way it is

and i been to spain, and iv asked portuguese ppl personally (without taking pride) what is the difference between spain and portugal besides language and they all said nothing so

and brazil is still a latin american country, we as spanish speakers talk about brazil like if its one of us and its because it is

i speak portuguese cause it was easy to learn because like italian, it is so so very close to the spanish language

on top a that, the region of DR from were i am from (el cibao) had alot of portuguese settlers in the 16th and 17th century, so we still have portuguese being spoken up until the late 1600s when canarians started coming in in large numbers and deluted the portuguese ppl, the portuguese influence is still heard in my spanish (cibao spanish) where cibaeños replace the spanish "R" sounds for an "i" sound, so instead of "tardes" we say "taides" and that is a leftover portuguese trait or influence.

so by that it was already easyb for me to get due to some similarities in pronunciations, and also my frequent travels to curazao when i was a kid and learned some papiamentu which is basically a portuguese-spanish creole language with dutch and west african influences

I wish Brazilians were more open to our Hispano neighbours (and Spain & Portugal) tbh, not politically nor economically, just culturally speaking. We have an estranged frenemy relationship with Argentina, some hostilities with Bolivia, not big fans of Venezuela, and we like to buy contraband from Paraguay, but we live in a cultural bubble and sometimes are actively antagonistic towards the Hispanosphere, and far too accepting of culturally destructive American pop media.

I for one, love the Portuguese language, and as I mentioned in my prior post I like the "uniqueness" Brazil has because of it, but I value the Spanish heritage of Latin America, being the grandson of Spaniards myself.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo0el1hwXQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGo_Xuwd3Y

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 03:55 PM
I know America has it's fair share of trouble with Spanish speakers, but Castellano is a wonderful language in itself, it has a beautiful history.

I wish Brazilians were more open to our Hispano neighbours (and Spain & Portugal) tbh, not politically nor economically, just culturally speaking. We have an estranged frenemy relationship with Argentina, some hostilities with Bolivia, not big fans of Venezuela, and we like to buy contraband from Paraguay, but we live in a cultural bubble and sometimes are actively antagonistic towards the Hispanosphere, and far too accepting of culturally destructive American pop media.

I for one, love the Portuguese language, and as I mentioned in my prior post I like the "uniqueness" Brazil has because of it, but I value the Spanish heritage of Latin America, being the grandson of Spaniards myself.

USA is the most influential country in the world. Brazil created a national identity and we only acquired the hollywood culture in the media, besides our own. The Brazilian media totally ignore Portugal, nobody here knows anything about them: Music, Actors, Novelas, Movies, and even their president. But they know everything about Brazilian media, including our presidents and soccer teams. I find this interesting and shocking.
I prefer that Brazil continues being a patriot country that about foreigners "culture' we only know the USA. Mexican novelas in SBT and El Chavo del 8 are very popular btw.

"Ninguém" é o português
mais famoso no Brasil

da reportagem Local

Sabe quem é a primeira pessoa famosa que vem à cabeça do carioca quando ele pensa em Portugal? Ninguém. Para 48% dos brasileiros entrevistados pelo Datafolha no Rio de Janeiro, a resposta a essa pergunta é um branco na cabeça.
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fol/brasil500/500_15.htm

E a maior emissora do Brasil e da América latina(Globo) é bastante patriota. Na programação da emissora só tem novelas Brasileiras, jornal, reality shows br e series Americanas, da ABC. Não passa nada sobre novelas Mexicanas lá, só o SBT que dá atenção para a midia Mexicana.

Marinus
04-24-2018, 06:17 PM
USA is the most influential country in the world. Brazil created a national identity and we only acquired the hollywood culture in the media, besides our own. The Brazilian media totally ignore Portugal, nobody here knows anything about them: Music, Actors, Novelas, Movies, and even their president. But they know everything about Brazilian media, including our presidents and soccer teams. I find this interesting and shocking.
I prefer that Brazil continues being a patriot country that about foreigners "culture' we only know the USA. Mexican novelas in SBT and El Chavo del 8 are very popular btw.

"Ninguém" é o português
mais famoso no Brasil

da reportagem Local

Sabe quem é a primeira pessoa famosa que vem à cabeça do carioca quando ele pensa em Portugal? Ninguém. Para 48% dos brasileiros entrevistados pelo Datafolha no Rio de Janeiro, a resposta a essa pergunta é um branco na cabeça.
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fol/brasil500/500_15.htm

E a maior emissora do Brasil e da América latina(Globo) é bastante patriota. Na programação da emissora só tem novelas Brasileiras, jornal, reality shows br e series Americanas, da ABC. Não passa nada sobre novelas Mexicanas lá, só o SBT que dá atenção para a midia Mexicana.

Yes that's exactly the problem, regardless of the fact that the USA is the most influential country in the world, Brazilians could still bother to know a little more about the outside world, this is something that the Americans get criticised of by everyone, so we shouldn't just follow them like sheep, we shouldn't just swallow futile stuff because whomever made it is popular.

I'm not saying what people should and should not enjoy, I like a dose of good ole' American entertaiment once in a while too, but there's so much more out there in the world waiting to be embraced, great British and French literature, German, Hungarian, Austrian and Indian classical music, Middle Eastern and Japanese mythology, even in the USA itself, there's so much potential there that we could learn from, but all that gets drowned by superfluos pop.

We don't need to abandon what makes us us, just open our horizons to new things and knowlodge.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Yes that's exactly the problem, regardless of the fact that the USA is the most influential country in the world, Brazilians could still bother to know a little more about the outside world, this is something that the Americans get criticised of by everyone, so we shouldn't just follow them like sheep, we shouldn't just swallow futile stuff because whomever made it is popular.

I'm not saying what people should and should not enjoy, I like a dose of good ole' American entertaiment once in a while too, but there's so much more out there in the world waiting to be embraced, great British and French literature, German, Hungarian, Austrian and Indian classical music, Middle Eastern and Japanese mythology, even in the USA itself, there's so much potential there that we could learn from, but all that gets drowned by superfluos pop.

We don't need to abandon what makes us us, just open our horizons to new things and knowlodge.

Gosto da bolha em que vivemos. TV Brasileira/Radio/internet é 95% Brasil e o 5% mostra filmes e series Americanas porque são sucesso mundial. Fora que, plmds, né? Portugal não tem qualidade midiatica alguma. Espanha tem, aquela serie sei lá o que de papel que é sucesso na netflix do BR.

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 06:34 PM
http://cdn.cinepop.com.br/2018/01/lacasadepapel_34-750x380.jpg

Heather Duval
04-24-2018, 06:41 PM
EUA é mais fora da bolha que o Brasil lol. Nos EUA várias celebridades do UK e cantores fazem sucesso, ADELE, 1D, BEATLES... No Brasil, a música Portuguesa, Angolana etc é totalmente ignorada. Ninguém conhece/escuta nada desses países 'irmãos'. Mas, me admira mt saber que em Portugal as pessoas conhecem sobre a nossa midia e sabem até nome dos nossos presidentes de 1900s. Eles possuem interesse na cultura Brasileira

Damião de Góis
04-25-2018, 02:25 PM
The Brazilian media totally ignore Portugal, nobody here knows anything about them: Music, Actors, Novelas, Movies, and even their president. But they know everything about Brazilian media, including our presidents and soccer teams. I find this interesting and shocking.

Not exactly.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Not exactly.

You guys are not patriotic. Daniela Mercury and several Brazilian singers have made and are well successful in Portugal. Including our novelas. The old colony(Brazil) of you totally ignore your country.

Damião de Góis
04-25-2018, 02:48 PM
You guys are not patriotic.

:laugh:

Daniela Mercury and several Brazilian singers have made and are well successful in Portugal. Including our novelas.

And? That's different from saying "But they know everything about Brazilian media, including our presidents and soccer teams." I know very little about your media or about your politicians or football teams.

The old colony(Brazil) of you totally ignore your country.

That's not our problem.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 02:52 PM
:laugh:

And? That's different from saying "But they know everything about Brazilian media, including our presidents and soccer teams." I know very little about your media or about your politicians or football teams.

That's not our problem.

Funny. The thread "Brazilian music" was created not by a Brazilian. When you know litle we don know anything about Portugal except for what is taught in Elementary School.

Marinus
04-25-2018, 02:55 PM
To be fair, Brazilian soap operas went downhill in popularity in Portugal, but I'm not sure about that, that's many Portuguese people told me.

We share a language, and Brazil is a lot larger, so it's only natural for more things from this side of the Atlantic to spill to the other. But this is exactly the problem I refered to before, there's a lot of interesting stuff from the old world that would benefit us culturally, but we're too closed off to value any of that.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 02:57 PM
To be fair, Brazilian media's popularity went downhill in Portugal a while ago, as far as I know, especially soap operas. We share a language, and Brazil is a lot larger, so it's only natural for more things from this side of the Atlantic to spill to the other. But this is exactly the problem I refered to before, there's a lot of interesting stuff from the old world that would benefit us culturally, but we're too closed off to value any of that.

"Globo" is very smart, they promoted the Brazilian culture in the Portuguese media because they have a partnership with SIC. But on the other hand, Globo never promoted anything of Portuguese media in Brazil.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 02:58 PM
And do not forget the fact that the Portuguese accent is not appreciated by most Brazilians. Brazilians say that Portuguese speak as if they had eggs in their mouths.

Damião de Góis
04-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Funny. The thread "Brazilian music" was created not by a Brazilian. When you know litle we don know anything about Portugal except for what is taught in Elementary School.

A thread? I think i started one thread about Brazilian Music as well, i may have started one about Gangsta Rap too, i don't remember.

To be fair, Brazilian media's popularity went downhill in Portugal a while ago, as far as I know, especially soap operas. We share a language, and Brazil is a lot larger, so it's only natural for more things from this side of the Atlantic to spill to the other. But this is exactly the problem I refered to before, there's a lot of interesting stuff from the old world that would benefit us culturally, but we're too closed off to value any of that.

That's true.

Marinus
04-25-2018, 03:03 PM
"Globo" is very smart, they promoted the Brazilian culture in the Portuguese media because they have a partnership with SIC. But on the other hand, Globo never promoted anything of Portuguese media in Brazil.

Yes that's true, because Brazilians generally don't have any interest about Portuguese culture, there's sometimes even enmity towards the Ports. But that's the thing, most Brazilians don't care because they just aren't made aware of the wealth of histroy and culture from Portugal, I wish our media were more open about our brothers from across the Atlantic to peak interest in their culture.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Globo paying attention to what's important. That's why they're always praising Beyoncé, and American stuffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7fUoTNDbKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B1YS52fkvI

Marinus
04-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Yes that's true, because Brazilians generally don't have any interest about Portuguese culture, there's sometimes even enmity towards the Ports. But that's the thing, most Brazilians don't care because they just aren't made aware of the wealth of histroy and culture from Portugal, I wish our media were more open about our brothers from across the Atlantic to peak interest in their culture.

And not just Portugal, but the entire Lusofonia.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 03:12 PM
And not just Portugal, but the entire Lusofonia.

Same reason Mexican media ignores Spain. Brazil and Mexico media is very patriot. The only foreginer we buy is American. We have our own culture and identy

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 03:21 PM
"Globo" must be very jealous of the record, because they never happened to interview Beyoncé but the record yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XethIsQP7Ik

Globo had Adele, Lady Gaga and many

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dk8qrSuG5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dfpz4PNnWw

Globo can only make documentary about Beyoncé.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7fUoTNDbKg

and they will never get it any sooner, as beyoncé has not had an interview since 2011.

Marinus
04-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Same reason Mexican media ignores Spain. Brazil and Mexico media is very patriot. The only foreginer we buy is American. We have our own culture and identy

You see, producing our own content is great, but knowing about other cultures does not mean you aren't patriotic, or that you are abandoning your culture. The media isn't being patriotic, they're just showing what they've conditioned the people to want to watch, ie. futile dribble.

There's cultural quality and then there's popularity, it's nice to be in the loop with pop culture, but a people needs a good balance of other more intelectually fulfilling materials to consume, especially since the average Brazilian isn't really too keen on reading.

We don't even showcase our own rich history, most people have no idea who Barão do Mauá was for example, or about the roughly 180 indegenous languages we still have in Brazil etc...

The thread has been derailed quite a bit already, so I off my replies with this the post.

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 03:39 PM
You see, producing our own content is great, but knowing about other cultures does not mean you aren't patriotic, or that you are abandoning your culture. The media isn't being patriotic, they're just showing what they've conditioned the people to want to watch, ie. futile dribble.

There's cultural quality and then there's popularity, it's nice to be in the loop with pop culture, but a people needs a good balance of other more intelectually fulfilling materials to consume, especially since the average Brazilian isn't really too keen on reading.

We don't even showcase our own rich history, most people have no idea who Barão do Mauá was for example, or about the roughly 180 indegenous languages we still have in Brazil etc...

The thread has been derailed quite a bit already, so I off my replies with this the post.

Ok, but their accent is not even good to us. The only Portuguese novela that passed in Brazil was dubbed and flopped.

Novela portuguesa estréia hoje na Band
Já somos fregueses de sitcoms americanas, dos reality shows holandeses, dos dramalhões mexicanos, venezuelanos e colombianos. Agora, vamos conhecer o jeitinho português de fazer televisão. A Band assinou um acordo com a maior produtora de TV de Portugal, a NBP, e estréia hoje o primeiro fruto: a novela portuguesa Olhos d´Água. Sucesso na terra de Cabral, a trama faz parte do acervo de produtos da NBP, ao qual a Band agora tem pleno acesso. Além de novelas e seriados, o acordo entre os dois grupos prevê ainda a criação de uma terceira empresa, uma produtora que fará novelas para o Brasil e mercados internacionais. "Desde o princípio sabíamos que o horizonte desse acordo era mais ambicioso, muito mais do que comprar conteúdo da NBP", fala o vice-presidente da Band, Marcelo Parada. "Em um primeiro momento vamos exibir alguns dos produtos deles, em um futuro próximo, pode ser julho ou até janeiro do ano que vem, queremos produzir teledramaturgia em parceria, para exibir simultaneamente no Brasil e em Portugal", continua. "O início dessa produção depende muito do cenário econômico do País." Parada explica que é justamente esse interesse da empresa portuguesa no mercado brasileiro que motivou a Band a fechar a parceria. "Não queríamos apenas comprar novelas, queríamos abrir um canal para pensar na produção de teledramaturgia." Ora pois - Enquanto não sai do papel a volta da produção de novelas na Band, a emissora se empenha nos detalhes da adaptação dos produtos portugueses comprados. Para começar, esqueça os "Ora pois!". Apesar de falarmos teoricamente a mesma língua, o "português" das tramas não será o original, será dublado, para que o público daqui entenda melhor. A trilha sonora também será outra, todinha feita no Brasil. A trama Olhos d´Água, que estréia às 16 horas, acabou de passar em Portugal - chegando a bater em audiência novelas da Globo exibidas lá - e está no ar na Venezuela. É um dramalhão sobre duas irmãs gêmeas separadas pelo destino. O outro produto que já estréia por aqui na terça, às 19 horas, é a série Olá Pai!. Traz a história de um solteirão boa praça que vê sua vida virar de cabeça para baixo no dia em que aparece em sua porta um bebê. Qualquer semelhança com Três Solteirões e Um Bebê não é mera coincidência.
http://cultura.estadao.com.br/noticias/geral,novela-portuguesa-estreia-hoje-na-band,20040119p6284
-

And Brazilian comedians love to make a joke of Portugueses and mocking their accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e1CLeL8Hc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BajXlGOotEk

Black humor? Yes. But Maite Proença was very mean mocking their accent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBD36QXO8LA

Heather Duval
04-25-2018, 03:44 PM
The worst thing is that the Maite apologized saying that it is super common to make piadas of Portuguese and Northeastern

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 03:55 PM
I think would be a greater Puerto rico.Eww no not brazil

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 04:03 PM

its fine the way it is

Never heard a dominican say taides to say tardes.

skain
04-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Eww no not brazil

The most similar country to Brazil.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:21 PM
The most similar country to Brazil.

you guys are more like the more euro admix version of the dominican republic, since the average dominican and average brazilian is only 6% Amerindian

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 06:25 PM
The most similar country to Brazil.It isnt. Brazil is extremely dangerous. Far more than puerto rico. Even though PR is very poor. Poorer than brazil atm.

skain
04-25-2018, 06:27 PM
you guys are more like the more euro admix version of the dominican republic, since the average dominican and average brazilian is only 6% Amerindian

Haha shut up. Average indigenous is 12% most genetics studies in Brazil are made in southeast. The last amerindian region.

skain
04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
It isnt. Brazil is extremely dangerous. Far more than puerto rico.

You are dumbass. I am talking about genetic.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Haha shut up. Average indigenous is 12% most genetics studies in Brazil are made in southeast. The last amerindian region.

i doubt it, but either way, you guys are still more african

skain
04-25-2018, 06:29 PM
i doubt it, but either way, you guys are still more african

Because you are trolling. I give a fuck to you.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 06:33 PM
You are dumbass. I am talking about genetic.

Not even in genetics because brazil has more ancestry from native. Theres no region in pr where they have very amerindian admixed people as a group or cluster. Its only rare individuals. And puerto ricans dont have german or confederate ancestry. Its very rare in puerto rico. Italian is also far more common in brazil than puerto rico. While pr has more irish ancestry than brazil would.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Because you are trolling. I give a fuck to you.

im not trolling, you are the one being upset being grouped with dominican republic
both cultures and genetics but you guys as mulatto mixes with minor amerindian, the only difference is that brazilians are whiter than dominicans
you guys along with Cubans are the only mulattoes genetically and culturally, the ones with the lowest Amerindian percentage, the only difference is the Euro % in all 3 countries, that is all

Puerto Ricans are more like the pred euro version of Venezuelans, both triracials, just that Venezuelans are balance triracials and Puerto Ricans pred euro triracials

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
04-25-2018, 06:37 PM
I don't get why Brazilians seem to have so many inferiority complexes as it is notorious on this thread when they are the only South American country that has international relevance. No offence to the other nations but Brazilian GDP is the equivalent of all their neighbours combined (probably slightly higher).

If you were to speak Spanish you would probably not even exist, Brazil would have been divided in several nations just like it happened in other territories from the Spanish Empire. The Portuguese Kingdom notoriously managed to keep the identity and national integrity of the colossal territory of Brazil and its due to it that you are now able to have a place on the world's top 10 economies.

skain
04-25-2018, 06:37 PM
im not trolling, you are the one being upset being grouped with dominican republic
both cultures and genetics but you guys as mulatto mixes with minor amerindian, the only difference is that brazilians are whiter than dominicans
you guys along with Cubans are the only mulattoes genetically and culturally, the ones with the lowest Amerindian percentage, the only difference is the Euro % in all 3 countries, that is all

Puerto Ricans are more like the pred euro version of Venezuelans, both triracials, just that Venezuelans are balance triracials and Puerto Ricans pred euro triracials

I know you are trolling. Just because Brazilian here Hates be Called mulattos and compares with a country which is Very ssa.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Also mine and my mothers native cluster closer to ecuadorian and chachapoyan samples

Latinus
I don't get why Brazilians seem to have so many inferiority complexes as it is notorious on this thread when they are the only South American country that has international relevance. No offence to the other nations but Brazilian GDP is the equivalent of all their neighbours combined (probably slightly higher).

If you were to speak Spanish you would probably not even exist, Brazil would have been divided in several nations just like it happened in other territories from the Spanish Empire. The Portuguese Kingdom notoriously managed to keep the identity and national integrity of the colossal territory of Brazil and its due to it that you are now able to have a place on the world's top 10 economies.

Inferiority complex? WTF? In fact, most of the users here prefer Brazil how it is: a Lusophone country.

skain
I never seen a Cuban or Dominicana scoring more that 20% amerindian. In Brazil theres a Lot in northeast, northern and center west. In southern Brazil a Lot too.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:42 PM
I know you are trolling. Just because Brazilian here Hates be Called mulattos and compares with a country which is Very ssa.

smh nigga you are the one in denial

Cubans, Dominicans and Brazilians on average have the lowest percentage of Amerindian, culturally speaking they also have very little Amerindian influence. Genetically they are basically mostly European and SSA and even culturally speaking. No other Latin American nation has this, so this makes these three nations more similar to one another. The only difference like I said is the European percentages between those three nations, that is all.

stop being in denial, take that up to the white man who wanted your people to be more similar to Cubans and Dominicans, why did they import so many blacks and killed many Amerindians? then maybe you guys wouldve been similar to Venezuelans and Puerto Ricans smh

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:43 PM
I never seen a Cuban or Dominicana scoring more that 20% amerindian. In Brazil theres a Lot in northeast, northern and center west. In southern Brazil a Lot too.

we are speaking about averages, if we take that to account, you will not find puerto ricans who score more than 90% SSA like its found in Brazil, neither Puerto Ricans who are Germanic, nor Germanic towns, nor Puerto Ricans who are 100% European etc, so what the fuck you talking about? stop being upset already

skain
04-25-2018, 06:46 PM
:bored:

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:48 PM
skain needs help.... denial is a serious illness

skain
04-25-2018, 06:49 PM
I dont play your troll games.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 06:50 PM
I dont play your troll games.

get help asap!!!!!

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-25-2018, 06:53 PM

Its rare in dominican. Very very very rare. Ive heard of a girl that has about 30 percent. Ive seen one dominican guy scoring 20 percent. Ive seen one dominicam chick that had to be at least 35 percent or higher native from looks. But she was a stranger.
Cubans also likely exist. But i never seen one for cubans.

skain
get help asap!!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEG2VTHS9yg

Heather Duval
Inferiority complex? WTF? In fact, most of the users here prefer Brazil how it is: a Lusophone country.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ohA2K2lVnTsi7K1Ec/giphy.gif

skain
04-25-2018, 06:58 PM
Its rare in dominican. Very very very rare. Ive heard of a girl that has about 30 percent. Ive seen one dominican guy scoring 20 percent. Ive seen one dominicam chick that had to be at least 35 percent or higher native from looks. But she was a stranger.
Cubans also likely exist. But i never seen one for cubans.

Theres a cuban who scored 17% Native on momondo dna jorney vídeo.

Black Panther
04-25-2018, 06:59 PM
we are speaking about averages, if we take that to account, you will not find puerto ricans who score more than 90% SSA like its found in Brazil, neither Puerto Ricans who are Germanic, nor Germanic towns, nor Puerto Ricans who are 100% European etc, so what the fuck you talking about? stop being upset already

That user likes to downgrade the Black presence in the Brazilian population. Brazil is full of Black-White mongrels claiming to have an "Indian" grandmother or great grandfather mixed with Germans, Italians and lastly Portuguese, lol.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 07:13 PM
That user likes to downgrade the Black presence in the Brazilian population. Brazil is full of Black-White mongrels claiming to have an "Indian" grandmother or great grandfather mixed with Germans, Italians and lastly Portuguese, lol.

99% of the brazilians here do lol did you see how they classified Seu Jorge? as a mulatto when he looks 100% black lol sadly for all these Brazilians, ive been to Brazil, from northeastern to southern brazil and blacks are for sure common in the country and nowhere near 7%, they are a lot more common than that for sure

Black Panther
04-25-2018, 07:18 PM
99% of the brazilians here do lol did you see how they classified Seu Jorge? as a mulatto when he looks 100% black lol sadly for all these Brazilians, ive been to Brazil, from northeastern to southern brazil and blacks are for sure common in the country and nowhere near 7%, they are a lot more common than that for sure

I'd say Brazil is probably 15% pred. Black people, 40% mulattoes and mulatto-leaning triracial people (light to dark skinned), 10% mestizos and mestizo leaning triracials, 10% castizo/octoroon people, 5% Arabs/Asians/Amerindians and 20% White.

Carlito's Way
04-25-2018, 07:26 PM
I'd say Brazil is probably 15% pred. Black people, 40% mulattoes and mulatto-leaning triracial people (light to dark skinned), 10% mestizos and mestizo leaning triracials, 10% castizo/octoroon people, 5% Arabs/Asians/Amerindians and 20% White.

yeah sounds about right

Black Panther
04-25-2018, 08:06 PM

But why didn't you take Venezuela as well? Brazil would have the largest oil reserves in the world :'(

04-26-2018, 05:00 AM
Brazil could be simplified a white, mulatto and trirracial country, lets say that European Admixture is 100+50+33/3, the African Admixture is 0+50+33/3 and the Amerindian Admixture is 0+0+33/3 that could give you a reasonable guess for the average component in the whole country and in fact thats in my opinion how Brazilians look like too (1/3 Whites ou almost-Whites in the sense that you can see that they are majority of European heritage or not too far away genetically from Europe), 1/3 very Black or Mulatto with almost no trace of Amerindian blood and 1/3 very mixed with Amerindian, African, European that you can't guess the % of their phenotypes etc. Mestizos, Castizos etc are a minority in the country because most people with that % of Amerindian blood are trirracials, except for some people in S. Brazil (like 5-10%, most Harnizos and Castizos; Pred. Amerindian in the real sense of word is very rare outside indigeneous tribes) and Northern Brazil; in NE, CW and SE Brazil these types of people are mostly (or tend to be) triracials.

About regions (not exactly):
South Brazil (80/10/10), Southeast (70/20/10), Center-West (70/20/10), Northeast (60/25/15) and North (55/15/30).

But it is very difficult to estimate w/ reasonable form a country with 200 million people and with so few genetic tests carried out, but it is also difficult to take seriously the opinion of Brazilians living in different regions and neighborhoods too, in a country as unequal as Brazil each one has different perspectives on how things really are here.

Someone who was raised in an environment with many mulattos/blacks/triracials and another that was created in a region full of Whites will have different opinions about the country, and not all Brazilians really have a formed opinion about the Brazilian demography as most of us (and some opinions here are already very wrong) etc. I, for example, bet that most people in Southern Brazil really believe that 47% of the Brazilian population is white while I believe that the big majority of the population living in Bahia will believe that there are no "real" whites in Brazil.

About the question it would be better if the country has divided in many other countries like hispanics.

Heather Duval
04-26-2018, 11:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeDb4Pn2J_E

Dominicanese
04-26-2018, 10:45 PM
Never heard a dominican say taides to say tardes.

causr your not dominican or know very few

i hear em all the time

u sure like to argue with a real dominican huh?

take a listen to REAL Dominican CIBAEÑO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3haFGHl58

thats an old leftover portuguese trait, the unique cibao spanish pronunciation, that is also how i talk

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 10:59 PM
causr your not dominican or know very few

i hear em all the time

u sure like to argue with a real dominican huh?

take a listen to REAL Dominican CIBAEÑO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3haFGHl58

thats an old leftover portuguese trait, the unique cibao spanish pronunciation, that is also how i talkYea thats a typical dominican accent but could you at least point to where he says taide. I dont wanna listen through this whole thing.

My family in DR doesnt say taide. They say tarde. And many of his friends also say that. Maybe its because they were upper class. But i still never heard dominicans say TAIDE. taide is pronounced T - I -de or T- eee - De how ever you read it. I never heard a dominican say it like that. Ok wyte man.

Sometimes they speak like they are saying TaLdes though. Because they dont roll their Rs or emphasize it as hard.

Dominicanese
04-27-2018, 12:55 AM
Yea thats a typical dominican accent but could you at least point to where he says taide. I dont wanna listen through this whole thing.

My family in DR doesnt say taide. They say tarde. And many of his friends also say that. Maybe its because they were upper class. But i still never heard dominicans say TAIDE. taide is pronounced T - I -de or T- eee - De how ever you read it. I never heard a dominican say it like that. Ok wyte man.

Sometimes they speak like they are saying TaLdes though. Because they dont roll their Rs or emphasize it as hard.

did u read a nything i said about it

cibaeños replace all their R sounds for an I, taide is just one word, r u really gonna argue with me over that dumb word, i already proved you with the dominican whiteness thing, he said taide but like i said, if u were really dominican from DR u could undrstand 100% of what he was saying

dominican americans and dominicans r not the same brah

but the reason y cibaeños talk that way is because along time ago we had portuguese settlers in the cibao valley around the 1500s and 1600s, at that time portuguese settlers came to the americas in large

the problem is that it was way too long ago, that is basically part of our history that has been deluted by the later oncomming canarians, the famous canarian immigration of the 18th century to the spanish caribbean and other areas. some linguists have suggested that the "i" sound in cibao spanish may have formed by way of a old still living relec of the bozal spanish, which was a spanish portuguese african creole language or pidgin, but idk if im too in agreement with it

but it is definitely a portuguese influence and or a old andaluzian influence which btw would make no difference at this point since DR at said time before the canarians came, were basically andaluzian and portuguese ppl with little to no other iberians or euros, however blacks and mulattoes were more numerous than the euros at that time like today, because of slavery, but that is a whole other subject, and the cibao was actually blacker than it is today but it is becoming again like how it once was because of dominicans migrating from all over into santiago de los caballeros

the point im trying to make here is that "i" sound is portuguese

another interestuing theory also argued by some dominicans who study our culture very indept such as one that u may know that goes by the name of "jorge estevez" he is a dominican taino (obioyuslty not pure) but if im not mistaken, he scored as much native as you and hes a pure dominican from the cibao, if u dont know him look him up so u can see his pheno, its actually pretty interesting to see that we srtill have dominicans like that

in his argument, he claims that the "i" sound in cibao spanish is actually from the taino and his conclusiong to this is rfom the extensive amount of taino names we have around the island which end with "ei" such as "mamei" baracutei, higuey

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-27-2018, 12:57 AM

cibaeños replace all their R sounds for an I, taide is just one word, r u really gonna argue with me over that dumb word, i already proved you with the dominican whiteness thing, he said taide but like i said, if u were really dominican from DR u could undrstand 100% of what he was saying

but the reason y cibaeños talk that way is because along time ago we had portuguese settlers in the cibao valley around the 1500s and 1600s, at that time portuguese settlers came to the americas in large

the problem is that it was way too long ago, that is basically part of our history that has been deluted by the later oncomming canarians, the famous canarian immigration of the 18th century to the spanish caribbean and other areas. some linguists have suggested that the "i" sound in cibao spanish may have formed by way of a old still living relec of the bozal spanish, which was a spanish portuguese african creole language or pidgin, but idk if im too in agreement with it

but it is definitely a portuguese influence and or a old andaluzian influence which btw would make no difference at this point since DR at said time before the canarians came, were basically andaluzian and portuguese ppl with little to no other iberians or euros, however blacks and mulattoes were more numerous than the euros at that time like today, because of slavery, but that is a whole other subject, and the cibao was actually blacker than it is today but it is becoming again like how it once was because of dominicans migrating from all over into santiago de los caballeros

another interestuing theory also argued by some dominicans who study our culture very indept such as one that u may know that goes by the name of "jorge estevez" he is a dominican taino (obioyuslty not pure) but if im not mistaken, he scored as much native as you and hes a pure dominican from the cibao, if u dont know him look him up so u can see his pheno, its actually pretty interesting to see that we srtill have dominicans like that

Whyte man. Please for goodness sakes just give the time in the video where he says taide. And that dominican is an embarrassment. Hes like a redneck but dark brown.
I put a portugeese translator to pronounce tarde and it didnt sound like taide. It still has an r sound to it

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&ei=JnbiWrG5Ga6f_Qbw3Kj4DQ&q=portuguese+translation+to+english&oq=portuguese+tra&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.1.0i131i67j0l4.12142.15071..16122...0....21 8.1603.5j8j1..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-serp.....3..41j0i131j0i67.hFgh2kB168o%3D

It pronounces like t-ar-ges or tar-dges

Dominicanese
04-27-2018, 01:07 AM
Whyte man. Please for goodness sakes just give the time in the video where he says taide. And that dominican is an embarrassment. Hes like a redneck but dark brown.
I put a portugeese translator to pronounce tarde and it didnt sound like taide. It still has an r sound to it

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&ei=JnbiWrG5Ga6f_Qbw3Kj4DQ&q=portuguese+translation+to+english&oq=portuguese+tra&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.1.0i131i67j0l4.12142.15071..16122...0....21 8.1603.5j8j1..........1..mobile-gws-wiz-serp.....3..41j0i131j0i67.hFgh2kB168o%3D

It pronounces like t-ar-ges or tar-dges

you dont get it bro

we r talking about a very old dialect, cibao spanish is proly one a the oldest spanish dialects in latin america

heres another cibao spanish, also says taide brah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqu8ISq4M6Q&t=48s

and that brown guy aint no embarrasment, hes a campesino, something that u never seen before cause u havent gone the real DR

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-27-2018, 01:21 AM
you dont get it bro

we r talking about a very old dialect, cibao spanish is proly one a the oldest spanish dialects in latin america

heres another cibao spanish, also says taide brah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqu8ISq4M6Q&t=48s

and that brown guy aint no embarrasment, hes a campesino, something that u never seen before cause u havent gone the real DRI dont hear any "taide" or tarde. What part of the video he says that? I just hear him talking a story of some trannies.

Carlito's Way
04-27-2018, 01:27 AM

in his argument, he claims that the "i" sound in cibao spanish is actually from the taino and his conclusiong to this is rfom the extensive amount of taino names we have around the island which end with "ei" such as "mamei" baracutei, higuey

it didnt come from portuguese settlers or tainos
because the eastern part of cuba, it has been reported that they also do the same thing
the same happens in certain parts of Choco, Colombia
and even some part of Costa Chica, Mexico they do it too

what im guessing is that it came from africans who were colonized by the Portuguese and this was their way of speaking

and no, most Spanish in the Dominican republic were not Andalusian and Portuguese, in fact Portuguese were less than 1% of the Dominican republic during the colonial days
most spaniards in dominican republic were andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans

Dominicanese
04-27-2018, 01:42 AM
it didnt come from portuguese settlers or tainos
because the eastern part of cuba, it has been reported that they also do the same thing
the same happens in certain parts of Choco, Colombia
and even some part of Costa Chica, Mexico they do it too

what im guessing is that it came from africans who were colonized by the Portuguese and this was their way of speaking

and no, most Spanish in the Dominican republic were not Andalusian and Portuguese, in fact Portuguese were less than 1% of the Dominican republic during the colonial days
most spaniards in dominican republic were andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans

and canarians, we had alot of em

your right for most of it, remember eitherway if the portuguese were numerous at one point in DR, it was not long until they got completely deluted into the black pop and later canarians

i have to clarify that althought canarians did come in large numbers to the DR from 1680-1760, after 1760 that migration basically stopped, any one coming into the DR was in tiny waves that made no changes, during that time (the 1700s) the DR was at its whitest at 25% of the pop due to the canarians (the other 75% was mainly mulattoes and pure african slaves), however it wasnt long until the late 1700s when most whites fled the DR to mexico, venezuela, pr, cuba, etc... due to slaves revolts, haitian revolution, and constant black haitian slaves who didnt spoke any french terrorizing and invading settlements in the DR with firebottles and machetes. Ever since then the DR's white pop stayed at 10% like today and those 10-15% were r not pure white anymore.

so it is the groups that u said andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans, but aso canarians cause they contributed alot

i descent from mainly canarians from the late 18th century in the cibao region which is where im from, along with some asturian that i have from my dads side, but those came around the sametime like 300-400 years ago. and ofc my non euro blood SSA (mainly yoruba and fon) and taino

and i did remember the posts u sent me about old bozal spanish being spoken and recorded in writing from mexico, pr, and colombia i believe and they sounded like us alot

so you may be right

Carlito's Way
04-27-2018, 01:51 AM
and canarians, we had alot of em

your right for most of it, remember eitherway if the portuguese were numerous at one point in DR, it was not long until they got completely deluted into the black pop and later canarians

i have to clarify that althought canarians did come in large numbers to the DR from 1680-1760, after 1760 that migration basically stopped, any one coming into the DR was in tiny waves that made no changes, during that time (the 1700s) the DR was at its whitest at 25% of the pop due to the canarians (the other 75% was mainly mulattoes and pure african slaves), however it wasnt long until the late 1700s when most whites fled the DR to mexico, venezuela, pr, cuba, etc... due to slaves revolts, haitian revolution, and constant black haitian slaves who didnt spoke any french terrorizing and invading settlements in the DR with firebottles and machetes. Ever since then the DR's white pop stayed at 10% like today and those 10-15% were r not pure white anymore.

so it is the groups that u said andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans, but aso canarians cause they contributed alot

i descent from mainly canarians from the late 18th century in the cibao region which is where im from, along with some asturian that i have from my dads side, but those came around the sametime like 300-400 years ago. and ofc my non euro blood SSA (mainly yoruba and fon) and taino

and i did remember the posts u sent me about old bozal spanish being spoken and recorded in writing from mexico, pr, and colombia i believe and they sounded like us alot

so you may be right

im speaking more about the colonial days in which canarians werent present in DR until much later, obviously their numbers grew once they started to come to latin america, most heading to the dominican republic than to puerto rico or cuba

Dominicanese
04-27-2018, 01:59 AM
im speaking more about the colonial days in which canarians werent present in DR until much later, obviously their numbers grew once they started to come to latin america, most heading to the dominican republic than to puerto rico or cuba

well yeah

the canarians that came over were in no doubt hearing a people speaking bozal spanish (spanish-portuguese creole language & spanish creole) in the sugar plantations, once these ppl interacted their kids would necessarily pick up the speech of their parents first and then later on speaking or picking up the dialect and idioms from the locals speaking bozal creole, causde that is what we speak basically a canarian-bozal spanish

iv said this before on a dominican spanish thread

(check it) rural Dominican Spanish (skip to 11:20)

https://youtu.be/z4ZI3Hrg6cE?t=682

alnortedelsur
04-27-2018, 02:27 AM

Balanced triracial my ass. Venezuela is mestizo-leaning triracial on average (more Amerindian/Euro than SSA mixture in its whole gene pool).

Around 50-54% Euro, 30% Amerindian and 17-20% African.

You talk like if the lower class of the favelas in Caracas (ranchos) represent the full picture of the Venezuela racial make up, when they don't.

Carlito's Way
04-27-2018, 02:43 AM
Balanced triracial my ass. Venezuela is mestizo-leaning triracial on average (more Amerindian/Euro than SSA mixture in its whole gene pool).

Around 50-54% Euro, 30% Amerindian and 17-20% African.

You talk like if the lower class of the favelas in Caracas (ranchos) represent the full picture of the Venezuela racial make up, when they don't.

sure keep dreaming, the people on average look less than 50-54% euro
and your figures also show that you they are triracials

Timawa
04-27-2018, 02:43 AM
Well, Since Americans grow up with Latinos, they understand Spanish better. They are not good at learning another language. So, they definitely want Brazil to be a Spanish language country so they can communicate with Brazilians.

alnortedelsur
04-27-2018, 03:10 AM
sure keep dreaming, the people on average look less than 50-54% euro
and your figures also show that you they are triracials

Because you only take the people of the slums in Caracas, those who are in the Chavist/Madurist rallies as reference, as if they represent the full picture of the Venezuelan racial make up, when they don't.

And I don't deny that Venezuela is triracial on average. I'm just saying that Venezuela is not balanced triracial on average, you fool, but triracial with more Euro/Amerindian input than African input, when we take into account ALL the Venezuelan population, not only the chavistas from the slums. And there are also good numbers of Venezuelan griffes, AS WELL as good numbers of Venezuelans between mestizo and Euro, being the average of the whole country mestizo-leaning triracial. You don't know my country better than myself.

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 11:52 AM
Well, Since Americans grow up with Latinos, they understand Spanish better. They are not good at learning another language. So, they definitely want Brazil to be a Spanish language country so they can communicate with Brazilians.

since when americans can speak spanish? they spanish is terrible and many can only say words like caliente or so
we brazilians surely understand spanish better than them and can have a conversation in portuñol without any problem

Carlito's Way
04-27-2018, 11:45 PM
Because you only take the people of the slums in Caracas, those who are in the Chavist/Madurist rallies as reference, as if they represent the full picture of the Venezuelan racial make up, when they don't.

And I don't deny that Venezuela is triracial on average. I'm just saying that Venezuela is not balanced triracial on average, you fool, but triracial with more Euro/Amerindian input than African input, when we take into account ALL the Venezuelan population, not only the chavistas from the slums. And there are also good numbers of Venezuelan griffes, AS WELL as good numbers of Venezuelans between mestizo and Euro, being the average of the whole country mestizo-leaning triracial. You don't know my country better than myself.

most venezuelans live on the caribbean side of Venezuela, not the small minority as towns populated by people who again look mestizo which im sure those mestizos are nothing more than triracials like the case with your family

alnortedelsur
05-01-2018, 01:37 AM
most venezuelans live on the caribbean side of Venezuela, not the small minority as towns populated by people who again look mestizo which im sure those mestizos are nothing more than triracials like the case with your family

Idiot, not ALL the Venezuelans living in the coastal states are like the triracial chavista/Maduristas from the slums. As they don't represent the full picture of the Venezuelan population, they don't represent the full picture of all the people living in the coastal regions either.

Large Venezuelan cities located close to the Caribbean, like Caracas, Maracay and Valencia, and their many satellite cities, received a great part of the European immigrants that settled in Venezuela during the second half of last century, and these cities also have received many mestizos from the interior of Venezuela. These cities have many balanced triracials and griffes in their slums, but also a significant portion of their population are people who are between mestizo (including many Euro mestizos) and white. These cities are not like Cartagena or Santo Domingo, dumbass.

And besides, that most Venezuelans live in coastal states (which are far from being populated almost exclusively by balanced triracials and griffes, as it seems that you stupidly assume), doesn't mean that there is not a significant percentage of Venezuelans who live in the very interior of the country (Andes, llanos, Lara state, and the Guayana region). Indeed, around 35% of the Venezuelan population, to be more exact, live on those three interior Venezuelan regions. A minority, but not an insignificant minority.

Is funny your double standards when you said in another thread that most mestizos in many parts of Latin America have some minor SSA, but since their Amerindian/Euro mixture is much bigger, and they look mestizo, they qualify as mestizos, but when it goes to mestizo looking Venezuelans who also look mestizo because they are much more white/Amerindian than black, you conveniently apply a totally different one drop rule parameter to them, and lump them all as triracials. That shows how fucking hypocritical and delusional you are. And I don't know wtf does this has to do with the discussion about your stupid claims about Venezuelans being balanced triracial on average, btw.

Most Latin American countries are at least 50% Euro or more in their total genetic contribution, but according to you, Venezuela -being the Latin American country that received the third largest European immigration, in raw numbers, only behind Argentina and Brazil-, only has 33% or less total Euro input in their overall miscegenation :picard1:... Oh boy!

Really... stop talking out of your ass, pretending to know my country better than myself.

Heather Duval
05-01-2018, 02:48 AM
Seems like someone is angry and taking TA so serious. I doubt Carlitos is/will even read so long text. Such a waste of time.

alnortedelsur
05-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Seems like someone is angry and taking TA so serious. I doubt Carlitos is/will even read so long text. Such a waste of time.

If I write long or short, or if he will read my post or not is none of your business. Get back to your stupid threads about celebrities.

Kriptc06
05-07-2018, 10:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc