PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an E-bay account

Absinthe
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Does anyone here sell stuff on e-bay?

My boyfriend has a lot of items to sell, one of which is the IBM Portable PC 5155 (http://oldcomputers.net/ibm5155.html) :D and we thought that e-bay is probably the best option, especially since I saw they have a Vintage Computing section.

However, I have no idea of how it works. I know about the bids and stuff, I mean the technical stuff: how does one handle payments, for example? :confused:

Loki
02-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I starting selling some stuff on EBay a few months ago.

It's all very easy really, but you need a Paypal account. Open a Paypal account, then EBay is very user friendly to send or receive payments.

Absinthe
02-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I already got one! :) How do I get payed via PayPal (I only know how to pay :D)?

Loki
02-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I already got one! :) How do I get payed via PayPal (I only know how to pay :D)

When you create a listing to be sold, the seller will automatically be directed to your Paypal account to pay. It's all automated.

Absinthe
02-21-2009, 11:53 PM
It's so easy?! :) Thanks :D There's a lot of vintage stuff to be given away, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Mikey
02-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I already got one! :) How do I get payed via PayPal (I only know how to pay :D)?
Except that many people (like me) refuse to use paypal, because of their donating to abortionists, zionists, gun-control groups and other anti-Europid orgs. Not to mention the fact that paypal confiscates (steals:rolleyes:) your money if they decide you have violated their terms of use, which includes no criticism of others. So they have confiscated the money of orgs and individuals ranging from Joe Vialls to a girl in CA who ran a Yule charity for needy white children. And of course, paypal leaves a paper trail, namely, the gov has access to your bank records and can come down on you at tax time.

I have auctioned hundreds of items on Evilbay as well as probably a hundred guns on Gunbroker.com, but insist on payment by US Postal Money Order, which I cash as I mail the items off. Of course, in Europe you may have no choice, I don't know if there is a Euro form of payment that an be easily cashed immediately like a Postal MO can be cashed at any Post Office here in Vinland.

But try to avoid paypal, you are dealing with the enemy...

SwordoftheVistula
02-22-2009, 02:07 PM
PayPal is owned by Ebay, so the interface between the 2 operates smoothly. However, they make you turn your PayPal into a 'merchant' acct, which means they take a cut out of all transfers.