PDA

View Full Version : What are the most irrelevant countries in the world?

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 05:17 PM
I think:

Liechtenstein
San Marino
Small African countries
Mexico
the -istan Central Asian countries
Little Pacific Island countries

Teucer
04-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Who doesn't know about the long, glorious history of Moldova

RN97
04-26-2018, 05:36 PM
Who doesn't know about the long, glorious history of Moldova

It has no real history because it is a USSR created puppet state.

Teucer
04-26-2018, 05:40 PM
It has no real history because it is a USSR created puppet state.

I was being sarcastic

Cristiano viejo
04-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Mexico is very relevant, specially in USA. Look if it is relevant that one guy won an elections talking about a wall in Mexico...

Catarinense1998
04-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Mexico not is so irrelevant like you said.

Carlito's Way
04-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Mexico is the most relevant nation in the world, everyone in their damn great grandmother knows about the country
stop being a dumbass bobby, you will never get a mexican chica so stop being butthurt

MinervaItalica
04-26-2018, 05:56 PM
Why only Liechtenstein and San Marino and no Monaco and Andorra?

Some Central European countries are born because of caprice and or mistake.

Teucer
04-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Can't tell whether Bobby is just trolling or actually deluded by emotion

Cristiano viejo
04-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Why only Liechtenstein and San Marino and no Monaco and Andorra?

Monaco and Andorra are much more relevan than the first ones that you said, specially Monaco.

Percivalle
04-26-2018, 06:00 PM
I think:

Basically all those countries who have the most active trolls.

MinervaItalica
04-26-2018, 06:00 PM
Monaco and Andorra are much more relevan than the first ones that you said, specially Monaco.

San Marino is the oldest republic in the world, a state immediately born after the fall of the Western Roman Empire so i don't see why should be irrelevant. Depends what op means for "relevant".

Why Monaco? :dunno:

Carlito's Way
04-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Here is my list of the most irrelevant nations in the Americas and Europe, and I base this off from popularity around the world, influences around the world etc. Lets say if I go to South Africa and I introduce myself as a Bulgarian, would South Africans know who I am and where the country is located and know a bit about my culture? Most likely no, would I see Bulgarian influences in South Africa? Most likely no. So if you dont make it on the list of most relevant dont get butthurt, this is just speaking the truth

let me name you irrelevant nations, sorry if some of you get butthurt but this list is the truth

The Most Irrelevant in the Americas:

Uruguay
Bolivia
Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic
Nicaragua
Honduras
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Panama
Belize
Antigua and Barbuda
Anguilla
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Bermuda
Bonaire
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Chile
Clipperton Island
Curaçao
Dominica
Ecuador
Falkland Islands
French Guiana
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guatemala
Guyana
Haiti
Martinique
Montserrat
Navassa Island
Paraguay
Saba
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Martin
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sint Eustatius
Sint Maarten
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Argentina
Venezuela

Most Relevant in the Americas

United States
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia

Most irrelevant in Europe:

Albania
Andorro
Austria
Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Hungary
Iceland
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Norway
Poland
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Switzerland

Most relevant in Europe:

France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine
U.K

Carlito's Way
04-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Asia and Africa are coming up next.... stay tuned

Suinthila
04-26-2018, 06:34 PM
I think:

Liechtenstein
San Marino
Small African countries
Mexico

There are no irrelevant countries, but very irrelevant people

Grace O'Malley
04-26-2018, 06:55 PM
I think:

Liechtenstein
San Marino
Small African countries
Mexico

Mexico isn't an irrelevant country. :no:

Black Panther
04-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Mexico is very relevant, specially in USA. Look if it is relevant that one guy won an elections talking about a wall in Mexico...

100 years from now, Americans will be all Mestizos. I think Mexico is VERY relevant.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 06:59 PM
Here is my list of the most irrelevant nations in the Americas and Europe, and I base this off from popularity around the world, influences around the world etc. Lets say if I go to South Africa and I introduce myself as a Bulgarian, would South Africans know who I am and where the country is located and know a bit about my culture? Most likely no, would I see Bulgarian influences in South Africa? Most likely no. So if you dont make it on the list of most relevant dont get butthurt, this is just speaking the truth

let me name you irrelevant nations, sorry if some of you get butthurt but this list is the truth

Uruguay
Bolivia
Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic
Nicaragua
Honduras
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Panama
Belize
Antigua and Barbuda
Anguilla
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Bermuda
Bonaire
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Chile
Clipperton Island
Curaçao
Dominica
Ecuador
Falkland Islands
French Guiana
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guatemala
Guyana
Haiti
Martinique
Montserrat
Navassa Island
Paraguay
Saba
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Martin
Sint Eustatius
Sint Maarten
Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Argentina
Venezuela

United States
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia

Albania
Andorro
Austria
Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Hungary
Iceland
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Norway
Poland
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Switzerland

Most relevant in Europe:

France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine
U.KHow is haiti irrelevant? Its the first colony to free itself in latin america. Haiti was the reason why countries started doing this. And mexican natives were treated good because what happened in the carribean. Haiti funded and saved simon bolivar.

Other than having territory inherited from spain. And losing it later. I dont honestly know how relevant mexico is except in recent times for media.

Dandelion
04-26-2018, 07:01 PM

Uruguay
Bolivia
Puerto Rico
Dominican Republic
Nicaragua
Honduras
El Salvador
Costa Rica
Panama
Belize
Antigua and Barbuda
Anguilla
Aruba
Bahamas
Barbados
Bermuda
Bonaire
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Chile
Clipperton Island
Curaçao
Dominica
Ecuador
Falkland Islands
French Guiana
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guatemala
Guyana
Haiti
Martinique
Montserrat
Navassa Island
Paraguay
Saba
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Martin
Sint Eustatius
Sint Maarten
Suriname
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Argentina
Venezuela

United States
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia

Albania
Andorro
Austria
Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Hungary
Iceland
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Norway
Poland
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Switzerland

Most relevant in Europe:

France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine
U.K

I agree mostly. But for including the Netherlands in relevant you get my upvote. ;)

Black Panther
04-26-2018, 07:03 PM
The most irrelevant is probably Paraguay. Brazil should just take that country over.

happycow
04-26-2018, 07:06 PM
Mexico is absolutely relevant, especially in the south US.

TeutonicBoyars
04-26-2018, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure what the criteria is for being relevant?

frankhammer
04-26-2018, 07:08 PM
New Zealand. They're so deluded, they believe they're a soft power. :picard1:

Dandelion
04-26-2018, 07:09 PM
New Zealand. They're so deluded, they believe they're a soft power. :picard1:

Soon after Peter Jackson shot his Lord of the Rings trilogy there, they started getting arrogant.

Dragoon
04-26-2018, 07:13 PM
Small and tiny countries,
who are poor/middle or have no military.

Some small countries like Switzerland, Israel, etc can have some influence (money, lobbying, banking, and military or nukes).

Cristiano viejo
04-26-2018, 07:15 PM
San Marino is the oldest republic in the world, a state immediately born after the fall of the Western Roman Empire so i don't see why should be irrelevant. Depends what op means for "relevant".

Why Monaco? :dunno:

Monaco is very famous. Its royal house, the luxe, its Grand Prix of F1...

Dragoon
04-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Most relevant in Europe:

France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Romania
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Ukraine
U.K

My view is that Ukraine, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Romania, Ireland and Greece are not that important compared to others you list.
Essentially outside of Russia, most of Europe is connected to USA or even puppets in some ways, this includes even some of the big countries you posted.

Cristiano viejo
04-26-2018, 07:20 PM
My view is that Ukraine, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Romania, Ireland and Greece are not that important compared to others you list.
Essentially outside of Russia, most of Europe is connected to USA or even puppets in some ways, this includes even some of the big countries you posted.

Spain is one of the most important countries in the world. Economically too. Our language and culture are internationally known.

Carlito's Way
04-26-2018, 07:22 PM

sorry but everyone knows about spain, portugal, sweden because of their blonde "pretty" hoes, romania because of their women and gypsies, greece because of their ancient history and cuisine
not sure what are you talking about, every one of those ethnicities can go to different nations and all nationalities will know who they are just by telling them their nationality, there is also influences from those euro nations in other countries, also countries that sell their food and study their history

Teutone
04-26-2018, 07:22 PM
I think:

Liechtenstein
San Marino
Small African countries
Mexico

Liechtenstein is incredibly relevant for their size, they are powerful in the finance industry and even tho they are small city size they have international global player companies like HILTI

Dragoon
04-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Spain is one of the most important countries in the world. Economically too. Our language and culture are internationally known.

Do you think Spain is powerful/influential like France (fairly large army, economy, nukes, larger population), or UK (Anglo-US connection, Nukes, army, Economic center of world with NY/USA) or Germany (Economy)?
Of course Spain has language and culture known but is that soft power and power projection that strong? Not really imo.

Dandelion
04-26-2018, 07:27 PM
sorry but everyone knows about spain, portugal, sweden because of their blonde "pretty" hoes, romania because of their women and gypsies, greece because of their ancient history and cuisine
not sure what are you talking about, every one of those ethnicities can go to different nations and all nationalities will know who they are just by telling them their nationality, there is also influences from those euro nations in other countries, also countries that sell their food and study their history

Norway because of Vikings, oil and black metal. Finland because of knife fighters, saunas and bears. :p But culturally they weren't that influential, so I understand you'd list them as 'irrelevant' despite being cool countries. Sweden had and still has a stronger cultural output to the world and that was your main criterium to go by.

Dragoon
04-26-2018, 07:30 PM

This thread is posted under geopolitics. Not under females, culture, or language.
Im not saying they countries are irrelevant.
Rather they are not powers or superpowers. They dont influence the world like the great powers and superpower.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Spain is not the most important country in the world. The congo and central african republic is. Despite how poor it is and corrupt. Because its where the minerals to make technology . Including your phones and computers.

Aside from that, the most important countries are italy, britain, persia, china japan, russia france and UK. The reason why I dont include spain and portugal is because they didnt contribute in the enlightenment era. And they werent known for being intellectuals. Even today i dont anything they produce. I only what they steal and rape, and who subjugated them for hundreds of years

Morena
04-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Countries of primary geopoltical importance
USA
Russia
UK
Germany
China
Syria
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Israel

Countries of secondary importance.
Spain
Brazil
India
S. Africa
Australia
Canada
France
Italy
Turkey
Mexico
Japan
S. Korea/N.Korea
S. Aurabia
Sweden

and so on.

Irrelevant countries are countries like Laos, Bhutan, Uruguay, Iceland, Bermuda, Suriname, pretty much all of S.S Africa, most of Central Asia, almost all countries in Central America not Mexico, Costa Rica, or Panama etc.

Basically, these countries have nothing to do with anything and if they were to go, they would be missed by some but it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 08:02 PM
And the united states also. They meddled in alot of countries affairs. But were vital in ww2 and ww1. And basically all of recent historical affairs in the last century

Norb
04-26-2018, 08:07 PM
USA, UK and France

Tooting Carmen
04-26-2018, 08:10 PM
I'd go for the Central Asian countries, despite some of them having oil. At least the Pacific islands are good at sport (rugby more specifically).

ÁGUIA
04-26-2018, 08:26 PM
X is well known in the street he lives in, sometimes people see him jogging around. But citywide only the Mayor gets to have that kind of notoriety...

If your not a world player, your country only have relevance to you or at best to the nearby neighbouring countries.

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Mexico is the most relevant nation in the world, everyone in their damn great grandmother knows about the country
stop being a dumbass bobby, you will never get a mexican chica so stop being butthurt

America, China, and Russia are so much more relevant than Mexico

I don't want a girl, ever.

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Can't tell whether Bobby is just trolling or actually deluded by emotion

I'm dead serious. Since when has Liechtenstein been relevant?

Similar, Mexico is important to American politics as a rival and source of unwanted aliens, but it's irrelevant to the wider world culturally and economically.

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 08:47 PM
100 years from now, Americans will be all Mestizos. I think Mexico is VERY relevant.

Not if my I1 sperm has anything to say about it...

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 08:48 PM
Mexico isn't an irrelevant country. :no:

It is globally. It's only relevant in its region.

Bobby Martnen
04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Liechtenstein is incredibly relevant for their size, they are powerful in the finance industry and even tho they are small city size they have international global player companies like HILTI

I never hear about Liechtenstein as an American. You live near them, so your perspective is probably different.

Just like Puerto Rico is relevant to America, but not to Germany.

Ülev
04-26-2018, 08:53 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Coat_of_Arms_of_Liberland.svg

but Liberland will play the most important role it the near future for sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland

Black Panther
04-26-2018, 08:54 PM

You've got to be quicker than Mestizos, pal. Let's face it. I mean, I am Black and all that, but mestizos still surpass in child births. New World Blacks will be dwarfed by Mestizos too.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 09:19 PM
You've got to be quicker than Mestizos, pal. Let's face it. I mean, I am Black and all that, but mestizos still surpass in child births. New World Blacks will be dwarfed by Mestizos too.

New world blacks are dwarfed by everyone including whites. All this nonsense about whites being out breeded is stupid and conspiracy theories. Blacks only make up like 13 percent of the population in the US. And in brazil they are majorily mixed. Thats why white genocide is fake. The white population isnt decreasing. Its just that mestizos breed faster and more.

Black Panther
04-26-2018, 09:23 PM
New world blacks are dwarfed by everyone including whites. All this nonsense about whites being out breeded is stupid and conspiracy theories. Blacks only make up like 13 percent of the population in the US. And in brazil they are majorily mixed. Thats why white genocide is fake. The white population isnt decreasing. Its just that mestizos breed faster and more.

Whites are only a majority in three or four countries in the Americas. But Mestizos are gaining ground even in Brazil. Northern Brazilians are having 3 kids per family while mulattoes and Blacks have 2.5.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
04-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Whites are only a majority in three or four countries in the Americas. But Mestizos are gaining ground even in Brazil. Northern Brazilians are having 3 kids per family while mulattoes and Blacks have 2.5.Yea but whites a amajority in argentina, united states and canada. Those are very large countries in the americas. Almost half of southern south america is argentina. Whites also make a majority in uruguay i think it is

Carlito's Way
04-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Similar, Mexico is important to American politics as a rival and source of unwanted aliens, but it's irrelevant to the wider world culturally and economically.

mexican culture is found all over the world, but again you wouldnt know because you have never traveled at all
has is mexico so irrelevant that this Romanian actually learned Spanish watching Mexican media like telenovelas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdYjO5DHqU

in the UK, there are festivals dedicated to Mexican culture like Day of the Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1URkwoLWrog

and not to mention mexican food being sold even in African nations

Rotterdam
04-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Many, too much to list.

Black Panther
04-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Yea but whites a amajority in argentina, united states and canada. Those are very large countries in the americas. Almost half of southern south america is argentina. Whites also make a majority in uruguay i think it is

Yeah, pretty much those countries. Still, the only truly large countries in the Americas are the US, Brazil and Mexico. The US is majority White, but not for long and it is no longer pred. White. 'Murican kids are even less White than the older generations. Canada is very White, but doesn't even have 40 million people. Argentina is probably as White as the US and has 41 million people. Uruguay doesn't even need introductions. It's a micro-state :D

Catarinense1998
04-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Yeah, pretty much those countries. Still, the only truly large countries in the Americas are the US, Brazil and Mexico. The US is majority White, but not for long and it is no longer pred. White. 'Murican kids are even less White than the older generations. Canada is very White, but doesn't even have 40 million people. Argentina is probably as White as the US and has 41 million people. Uruguay doesn't even need introductions. It's a micro-state :D

Countries like Bolivia and Paraguay we need to conquer; they are small and weak.

Black Panther
04-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Countries like Bolivia and Paraguay we need to conquer; they are small and weak.

I'd say Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia should be taken. They're nothing more than our buffer zones.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Do you think Spain is powerful/influential like France (fairly large army, economy, nukes, larger population), or UK (Anglo-US connection, Nukes, army, Economic center of world with NY/USA) or Germany (Economy)?
Of course Spain has language and culture known but is that soft power and power projection that strong? Not really imo.

But it is that you are speaking about the most powerful/influentil countries in the entire world, along USA and Japan. Not being as influential as them it does not mean Spain is irrelevant.

Bobby Martnen
04-27-2018, 04:50 PM
But it is that you are speaking about the most powerful/influentil countries in the entire world, along USA and Japan. Not being as influential as them it does not mean Spain is irrelevant.

Nobody really gives much of a shit about Spain, dude. Sorry.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Nobody really gives much of a shit about Spain, dude. Sorry.

No, I am who sorry. Spain has influenced and still influences all Latin America. Latin America (excepting Brazil) has more than 430 millions of persons.
That is muuuuuuuuuuuuuch more than what the majority of the countries in this world can say.

Bobby Martnen
04-27-2018, 04:59 PM
No, I am who sorry. Spain has influenced and still influences all Latin America. Latin America (excepting Brazil) has more than 430 millions of persons.
That is muuuuuuuuuuuuuch more than what the majority of the countries in this world can say.

Spain is irrelevant to modern Latin America.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 05:06 PM

This sentence is so stupid and shows so much ignorance that I even will not bother to reply :laugh:

Gold-Shekel
04-27-2018, 05:09 PM
Namibia.

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 05:09 PM

They speak Spanish (the world's third-most widely-spoken language other than Mandarin and English), are (nominally) Catholic, still maintain close economic links with Spain, Spaniards are the largest European ethnic group in most Latin American countries, Spain is the main choice of destination for Latin American immigrants in Europe, Iberia is the European airline with the most destinations in Latin America, Spain and Latin American countries import a good amount of each others' TV and music. Need I go on?

Bobby Martnen
04-27-2018, 05:10 PM
They speak Spanish (the world's third-most widely-spoken language other than Mandarin and English), are (nominally) Catholic, still maintain close economic links with Spain, Spaniards are the largest European ethnic group in most Latin American countries, Spain is the main choice of destination for Latin American immigrants in Europe, Iberia is the European airline with the most destinations in Latin America, Spain and Latin American countries import a good amount of each others' TV and music. Need I go on?

I'm talking about geopolitics, not language and religion.

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm talking about geopolitics, not language and religion.

I'm talking about all three. For starters, Repsol-YPF is one of the biggest oil companies in the region, and it is owned by a mixture of Argentina and... Spain. The Argentine and Spanish governments have even collaborated with each other at the UN regarding their mutual antagonisms towards the UK over Falklands and Gibraltar respectively.

Iloko
04-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Solomon Islands lol

Bobby Martnen
04-27-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm talking about all three. For starters, Repsol-YPF is one of the biggest oil companies in the region, and it is owned by a mixture of Argentina and... Spain. The Argentine and Spanish governments have even collaborated with each other at the UN regarding their mutual antagonisms towards the UK regarding Falklands and Gibraltar respectively.

Well, UK should keep both Falklands and Gibraltar.

Aodhan
04-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Argentina

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Mexico is not irrelevant. I bet my ss you Americans knows more about Mexico than Argentina or any European country as you guys even believe Spain is part of Mexico.

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 05:28 PM

Maybe in Colombia. In Mexico the MEDIA is like in Brazil: We only buy foreginers things from USA. Not from Anywhere more.

Livin
04-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Estonia

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm talking about all three. For starters, Repsol-YPF is one of the biggest oil companies in the region, and it is owned by a mixture of Argentina and... Spain. The Argentine and Spanish governments have even collaborated with each other at the UN regarding their mutual antagonisms towards the UK regarding Falklands and Gibraltar respectively.

Repsol is a Spanish multicompany and only Spanish. Bobby is too ignorant but he would commite suicide if he knew the amount of infraestructures and energy projects that the Spanish multicompanies build in the world (USA included), let alone Latin America :lol:

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Maybe in Colombia. In Mexico the MEDIA is like in Brazil: We only buy foreginers things from USA. Not from Anywhere more.

Cool story but Spanish singers like David Bisbal, Julio Iglesias, Alejandro Sanz, etc are super-maxi-ultra famous in all the world and ofc, in Latin America, Brazil included.

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Cool story but Spanish singers like David Bisbal, Julio Iglesias, Alejandro Sanz, etc are super-maxi-ultra famous in all the world and ofc, in Latin America, Brazil included.

Shakira collaborated with Sanz in her hit La Tortura.

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Plus of course there are quite a few actors from Spain and Latin America who crossover in each others' films and TV programmes, e.g. Gael Garcia Bernal and Cecilia Roth starring in Almodovar's films.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Plus of course there are quite a few actors from Spain and Latin America who crossover in each others' films and TV programmes, e.g. Gael Garcia Bernal and Cecilia Roth starring in Almodovar's films.

This Spanish actor "consolidated" his career in Argentina

Pablo Espinosa
http://www.repettomanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Pablo_103-copia.jpeg

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 06:06 PM

No one knows David Bisbal in Brazil. The Spaniards who were successful in Brazil were basically the ones you mentioned. Since the 2000s no other more.
http://i.imgur.com/3eyX3Me.png
So, theres no "etc"

Best-selling international albums in Brazil (200,000+)
Record Artist Type Sales[2]
Thriller Michael Jackson CD 3,800,000
Hey! Julio Iglesias CD 2,200,000
Bad Michael Jackson CD 1,500,000
The Bodyguard
Whitney Houston CD 1,100,000
Pies Descalzos Shakira CD 1,100,000
The Immaculate Collection
Madonna CD 1,000,000
True Blue Madonna CD 1,000,000
Let's Talk About Love
Celine Dion CD 1,000,000
Dangerous Michael Jackson CD 1,000,000
Jagged Little Pill
Alanis Morissette CD 840,000
Ray of Light Madonna CD 830,000
Rainbow Mariah Carey CD 800,000
Like a Prayer Madonna CD 760,000
Falling into You
Celine Dion CD 750,000
Serious Hits... Live!
Phil Collins CD [39] 750,000
Faith George Michael CD 700,000
Live at the Royal Albert Hall
Adele DVD [40] 625,000
Love Songs Elton John CD 600,000
Millennium Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Backstreet's Back
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
I Am... Sasha Fierce Beyoncé CD 500,000
ELV1S Elvis Presley CD 500,000
Butterfly Mariah Carey CD 500,000
Spice (album) Spice Girls CD 500,000
Ricky Martin Ricky Martin CD 500,000
Purple Rain Prince CD 400,000
Vivere Live in Tuscany
Andrea Bocelli CD [41] 375,000
21 Adele CD 370,000
The Beyoncé Experience Live
Beyoncé DVD 300,000
Vuelve Ricky Martin CD 300,000
Back to Black
Amy Winehouse CD [42] 250,000
Backstreet Boys
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Black & Blue
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Baby One More Time
Britney Spears CD 250,000
Oops I Did It Again
Greatest Hits – Chapter One
Backstreet Boys CD [7] 250,000
From the Cradle
Eric Clapton CD [21] 250,000
Unplugged Eric Clapton CD [20] 250,000
Le cose che vivi
Laura Pausini CD 250,000
Spiceworld Spice Girls CD 250,000
[B]4 Beyoncé CD 200,000
I Am... World Tour Beyoncé DVD 200,000[/B|
DEMI Demi Lovato CD 200,000

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Shakira collaborated with Sanz in her hit La Tortura.

The last song in Spanish that was successful in Brazil was Despacito. Before Despacito, were those from Shakira and BRD. lol
Julio Iglesias is so 90s.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 06:10 PM
No one knows David Bisbal in Brazil. The Spaniards who were successful in Brazil were basically the ones you mentioned. Since the 2000s no other more.
http://i.imgur.com/3eyX3Me.png
So, theres no "etc"

Yes, there is. I did not want to name him because I dont consider him Spanish, but Enrique Iglesias is other example.
Of course David Bisbal is famous in Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoP966_SIGA

TEUTORIGOS
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM

why do you think that not have sex will do you a better person?

Because lots of men ruin their lives over sex. That won't happen to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLC0DFA2612486AA5E&v=RsKqMNDoR4o

https://susanspiritusgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/vogel_larry_eiffeltowerthekiss_parisstreets-2008.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG86WUYl5M8

Jacques de Imbelloni
04-27-2018, 06:16 PM
Andorra, Vanuatu.

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Andorra, Vanuatu.

Andorra is important in the world of skiing.

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Yes, there is. I did not want to name him because I dont consider him Spanish, but Enrique Iglesias is other example.
Of course David Bisbal is famous in Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoP966_SIGA
Can u proove your "there is"? Because you only posted a flop concert in a HOUSE capacity only 4k people.
I've never heard this song in my life. His album didnt enter in any Brazilian chart as you can see here:
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%BA_y_yo_(%C3%A1lbum_de_David_Bisbal)

What he did in Brazil was a promotional tour. He's trying to be famous around here. No song of his entered the charts of 2014 in Brazil and in any year.
His concert was in HSBC São Paulo Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31DYTWQg7Kg
That HOUSE has a capacity for up to only 4,000 people :lol:

Beyonce(a true celebrity) fulled stadiums with a capacity of 40,000 people in Brazil. Actually, every true international celeb do that here.
David will never make a concert in Morumbi or Maracanã because he is not famous.

Brazilian articles about him
Conheça David Bisbal, o espanhol que quer conquistar o Brasil
http://portalpopline.com.br/conheca-david-bisbal-o-espanhol-que-quer-conquistar-o-brasil/

Clearly sayng he wants to be famous here. Never heard any media talking about him. Neither I knew him before you say so. I surely knew who is Julio and Alejandro. Only those from 90s are really famous here. Despacito is the last Spanish song popular in this country. The rest were by Shakira and RBD and you can check that in Billboard Brasil.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Can u proove your "there is"? /QUOTE]

I dont know if you are trolling or what.

[QUOTE]He has since released five studio albums, all of which topped the Spanish Albums Chart, in addition to recording a number of live albums. He has toured throughout Europe and Latin America and is now considered to be a crossover international artist.

As of 2017, David Bisbal has sold more than Six million records in Spain and America, getting 48 platinum albums, 17 gold and two diamond. Corazón Latino and Bulería treasure each one IFPI Platinum Award, official certification for selling over one million copies across Europe.

International appeal

Internationally, Bisbal enjoys popularity in a great number of countries.[citation needed]

On September 3, 2003, he won the Latin Grammy for "Best New Artist." During the event, He sang Angels, with Jessica Simpson. He also launched a big promotional tour in Latin America with sold-out concerts Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bisbal

Nor a single word about Enrique Iglesias, eh? you should feel many shame after saying since Alejandro Sanz and Julio Iglesias
there has not been famous songs in Spanish in Brazil :picard1:

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Heather Duval;5098168]Can u proove your "there is"? /QUOTE]

Nor a single word about Enrique Iglesias, eh? you should feel many shame after saying since Alejandro Sanz and Julio Iglesias

The last Enrique Iglesias famous song in Brazil was in English. This one from 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecPqm2Dbes
And yes, he(David) did a single show at HSBC São Paulo that has capacity for only 4 thousand people(Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga etc sold out shows for over 40,000 people in Brazil.)and was sold out.
That's on his promotional tour. He never managed to have a number one single in Brazilian charts, nor albums. In that link that I sent you, shows that his album only debuted the charts of Argentina, Spain and another country. Not in Brazil. He doesnt have any popular "hit" around here.

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 07:05 PM

The last Enrique Iglesias famous song in Brazil was in English. This one from 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecPqm2Dbes
And yes, he(David) did a single show at HSBC São Paulo that has capacity for only 4 thousand people(Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga etc sold out shows for over 40,000 people in Brazil.)and was sold out.
That's on his promotional tour. He never managed to have a number one single in Brazilian charts, nor albums. In that link that I sent you, shows that his album only debuted the charts of Argentina, Spain and another country. Not in Brazil. Let Brazil out of your mouth. He doesnt have any popular "hit" around here.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 07:06 PM
Whatever makes you happy. I dont know what the hell I am doing discussing about music with you :D

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Whatever makes you happy. I dont know what the hell I am doing discussing about music with you :D

Shakira is the most successful Spanish-speaking artist currently in Brazil. Deal or die. She fulled stadiums and manages to enter the Brazilian charts. She does not make concerts for only 4 thousand people like your ultra mega popstar David something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jwVzBUOoM

And Shakira has one of the most sold international albums in Brazil, OF ALL TIME

The Bodyguard
Madonna CD 1,000,000
Let's Talk About Love
Celine Dion CD 1,000,000
Jagged Little Pill
Falling into You
Celine Dion CD 750,000
Serious Hits... Live!
Adele DVD [40] 625,000
Backstreet's Back
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Vivere Live in Tuscany
21 Adele CD 370,000
Beyoncé DVD 300,000
Back to Black
Backstreet Boys
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Black & Blue
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Baby One More Time
Oops I Did It Again
From the Cradle
Le cose che vivi
Laura Pausini CD 250,000
4 Beyoncé CD 200,000
I Am... World Tour Beyoncé DVD 200,000

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Most played songs in Brazil 2017. The only Spanish song is Despacito

http://www.latinpopbrasil.com.br/noticias/despacito-ficou-entre-as-30-musicas-mais-tocadas-no-brasil-em-2017/

Even tho that David something had a album in 2017. ULTRA MEGA POPULAR :lol:

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Shakira has even sung in Portuguese, e.g. Estou Aqui (Estoy Aqui).

Heather Duval
04-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Shakira has even sung in Portuguese, e.g. Estou Aqui (Estoy Aqui).

Shakira is treated like a USA popstar in Brazil.

skain
04-27-2018, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Heather Duval;5098168]Can u proove your "there is"? /QUOTE]

Nobody knows David brisbal in Brazil. Spanish famours Singers are Alejandro Sanz and Henrique Iglesias.

Teutone
04-27-2018, 08:36 PM

I wrote a whole post about Liechtenstein.

Having hughe influence on the financial industry and even tho its increeeeedibly small size it has GLOBAL PLAYER companies like Hilti.

Tietar
04-27-2018, 09:38 PM

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/spainyourpartnerineuropeicexaugust2013-131110114357-phpapp01/95/spain-your-partner-in-europeicexaugust2013-19-638.jpg?cb=1384083913

Tooting Carmen
04-27-2018, 09:52 PM
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/spainyourpartnerineuropeicexaugust2013-131110114357-phpapp01/95/spain-your-partner-in-europeicexaugust2013-19-638.jpg?cb=1384083913

With all due respect, I thought China is the biggest investor in Latin America apart from the US.

Cristiano viejo
04-27-2018, 10:50 PM
Depend of the country. Spain is the first investor in Peru.

España es el primer inversor con el 20 % del total de la inversión extranjera realizada en Perú, seguido del Reino Unido y Estados Unidos. La inversión española está muy concentrada en servicios públicos como telefonía, electricidad y energía. Además, hay bastante presencia en el sector financiero.

http://agencias.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=1624963

Carlito's Way
04-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Shakira is the most successful Spanish-speaking artist currently in Brazil. Deal or die. She fulled stadiums and manages to enter the Brazilian charts. She does not make concerts for only 4 thousand people like your ultra mega popstar David something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jwVzBUOoM

And Shakira has one of the most sold international albums in Brazil, OF ALL TIME

The Bodyguard
Madonna CD 1,000,000
Let's Talk About Love
Celine Dion CD 1,000,000
Jagged Little Pill
Falling into You
Celine Dion CD 750,000
Serious Hits... Live!
Adele DVD [40] 625,000
Backstreet's Back
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Vivere Live in Tuscany
21 Adele CD 370,000
Beyoncé DVD 300,000
Back to Black
Backstreet Boys
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Black & Blue
Backstreet Boys CD [7]
Baby One More Time
Oops I Did It Again
From the Cradle
Le cose che vivi
Laura Pausini CD 250,000
4 Beyoncé CD 200,000
I Am... World Tour Beyoncé DVD 200,000

shakira shaaaakiraaaa

Odin
05-03-2018, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpwihysF3Aw

Paraguayo HFD
12-14-2021, 11:31 AM
Paraguay

Cristiano viejo
12-14-2021, 01:25 PM
I wrote a whole post about Liechtenstein.

Having hughe influence on the financial industry and even tho its increeeeedibly small size it has GLOBAL PLAYER companies like Hilti.
Liechtesntein is a haven tax, same than Malta, Ireland or Gibraltar. A fake state.
A country with only 38.000 habitants, tell me what in hell it produces to have the highest wages in Europe. It is a total fraud.

Rémy
12-15-2021, 02:15 AM
Spain and Portugal.

Erronkari
12-15-2021, 02:18 AM
Paraguay

Argentina is even more today with this shitty government.

Tooting Carmen
12-15-2021, 04:31 AM
Argentina is even more today with this shitty government.

Nah, Argentina is still a lot bigger and more powerful than Paraguay will ever be. Don't be silly now.

Chocolatepug37
12-15-2021, 04:59 AM
Chad

Roy
12-15-2021, 06:43 PM
Nauru, East Timor & Bhutan

Erronkari
12-15-2021, 06:45 PM
Nah, Argentina is still a lot bigger and more powerful than Paraguay will ever be. Don't be silly now.

I bet more than half of the earth ignore the country exist..

luc2112
12-15-2021, 09:01 PM
All of Latin America is of 2nd importance in the world.

luc2112
12-15-2021, 10:23 PM
With all due respect, I thought China is the biggest investor in Latin America apart from the US.

USA and China is trading partner. Europe is the biggest investor in LATAM

in Brazil :

USA
Netherlands
UK
France
Spain
Germany
Japan
China
Italy

Order may vary depends on year

laguieraloca
02-03-2022, 10:33 PM
In Europe: the Baltics, Moldova, Montenegro, and North Macedonia.
In Asia: the Central Asian countries, Bhutan, Laos, and East Timor.
In the Americas: Guyana, Suriname, Belize.
In Africa: Idk most of it I guess

frankhammer
02-04-2022, 08:03 AM
New Zealand. Thinks of itself as a nation punching above its weight and a regional soft power. Delusional. Unlike Australia, it is too scared to upset its Chinese overlords.

revealism
02-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Europe: Montenegro (should unite with Serbia), Kosovo (should unite with Albania), Moldova (should unite with Romania), North Macedonia (why it is even exist)
ME: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon (These are all fake countries and fake nations created by some Englishman)

And few hundred unnecessary African "states".

renaissance12
02-04-2022, 11:57 AM
And few hundred unnecessary African "states".

You forget the contribution that Africa has given to the world .. as recently as AIDS ..

Roy
02-04-2022, 12:30 PM
Europe: San Marino

Cristiano viejo
02-05-2022, 03:11 PM
Ukrania not in the list just cos the war :rolleyes:

Russki
02-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Ukrania not in the list just cos the war :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/VEZp4Yx.png

Cristiano viejo
02-05-2022, 03:47 PM

How is Finland less relevant than Ukrania??

Aodhan
02-05-2022, 04:27 PM
all hispanic ones i guess

Pulsa Dinura
02-06-2022, 10:00 AM
ME: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon (These are all fake countries and fake nations created by some Englishman).

Lebanon's name has been mentioned 76 times in the Bible.

Lebanon is mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh (the oldest surviving notable literature) around 2100 BC.

Lebanon is one of the most populated in its archeological sites.

Hmmm..."created by Some Englishman"? :ranger

Tooting Carmen
02-06-2022, 03:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xlKSRt1.png

What is the criteria?

Petalpusher
02-06-2022, 03:46 PM
Irrelevant in terms of what. Developement, science, standard of living, landscapes, wealth,...

Even Liechtenstein and Luxembourg are probably more relevant than most countries in the world, even some big countries in Europe by that kind of tokens.

Harkonnen
02-06-2022, 04:27 PM

Finland is obviously hugely relevant, starting from all the tech like 5g flowing from here all throughout globe. Finland is also soft power super power pikoos Finland is gaming superpower, and games really nowadays start to be on equal foothold with movies what comes to controlling minds and imaginations.

Roy
02-06-2022, 09:46 PM
Honestly speaking I can see a lot of positives in living in an irrelevant country as far it is somewhat well-off economically.

sean
02-07-2022, 10:00 AM

Roy
02-07-2022, 04:31 PM

You did forget to colour Nauru! But it would be too small to even notice if you did. :D

Nurzat
02-07-2022, 05:12 PM
since we are in 2022, the best way to objectively measure it is to look at scientific articles produced over one year.

let's exclude "dwarf nations", for obvious reasons.

so, most irrelevant countries in Europe, for scientific output, are:

1. Moldova
2. Albania
3. Belarus
4. Armenia
5. Ukraine
6. Georgia
7. North Macedonia
8. Turkey
9. Romania
10. Bulgaria