PDA

View Full Version : RANK best/worst fit for Armenians: Albania, Sicily, Iberia, Greece

Sikeliot
04-29-2018, 04:15 PM
Where would they fit best to worst of these choices IN GENERAL?

Sikeliot
04-29-2018, 04:25 PM
I threw Albania in this time because I think there is some degree of overlap, certainly more so than there is between Armenia and Spain or Portugal.

Sikeliot
04-29-2018, 06:00 PM
bump

MysteriousWays
04-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Sicily, Albania, Greece, Iberia

Sikeliot
04-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Sicily, Albania, Greece, Iberia

Do you think Iberia should even be included in the list? I figured I would because you never know what people will answer.

MysteriousWays
04-29-2018, 06:07 PM
Do you think Iberia should even be included in the list? I figured I would because you never know what people will answer.

It's a bad fit and should be last place for everyone, but I think it's OK to include a "false choice."

Sikeliot
04-29-2018, 07:08 PM
It's a bad fit and should be last place for everyone, but I think it's OK to include a "false choice."

I'd be interested to see who doesn't put it last. So far one person has not put it last.

Btw, within each of the other places, there are regions with more "Armenian-like" people than others. In Greece, Pontians and some islanders would be closest. Within Sicily, the inland and northern parts of the island have more Caucasus influence, etc. I would assume Tosk Albanians would pass better than Gheg Albanians.

Sikeliot
05-06-2018, 12:45 PM
bump

Sikeliot
05-16-2018, 05:32 AM
Bump

Bobby Martnen
05-16-2018, 05:33 AM
Greece, Sicily, Albania, Iberia

From most to least

Sikeliot
05-16-2018, 05:34 AM
Greece, Sicily, Albania, Iberia

From most to least

This differs from what you put in the one on the Levant. What explains that discrepancy? Or do Armenians have a different look to you?

Bobby Martnen
05-16-2018, 05:36 AM
This differs from what you put in the one on the Levant. What explains that discrepancy? Or do Armenians have a different look to you?

Armenians look more West Asian than Levantines do, to me, and I see more West Asian in Greeks, but more Levantine in Sicilians.

Sikeliot
05-16-2018, 05:37 AM
Armenians look more West Asian than Levantines do, to me, and I see more West Asian in Greeks, but more Levantine in Sicilians.

I thought you put Iberian first in the Levant one but maybe I am imagining it because you always post comments trollish to Iberians. :)

Bobby Martnen
05-16-2018, 05:39 AM
I thought you put Iberian first in the Levant one but maybe I am imagining it because you always post comments trollish to Iberians. :)

I know I sound like a third grader who got caught fighting with his brother here, but Cristiano started it.

But I do troll Spaniards occasionally, because Cristiano called me a "Mexican Moor" and said that I was a "swarthy MENA".

Sikeliot
05-16-2018, 05:46 AM
I know I sound like a third grader who got caught fighting with his brother here, but Cristiano started it.

But I do troll Spaniards occasionally, because Cristiano called me a "Mexican Moor" and said that I was a "swarthy MENA".

On topic I will say this: I find northern Iraqi Arabs, Assyrians, and Iraqi Jews to all look more Sicilian-like than do Armenians. I am unsure why. I think Armenians look more Iranian despite being genetically closer to Assyrians.

Sikeliot
05-16-2018, 05:46 AM

On topic I will say this: I find northern Iraqi Arabs, Assyrians, and Iraqi Jews to all look more Sicilian-like than do Armenians. I am unsure why. I think Armenians look more Iranian despite being genetically closer to Assyrians.

FinalFlash
06-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Greece, Italy, Albania, Spain.

FinalFlash
06-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Because they score more SW Asian than Armenians do. Armenians, particularly from modern day Armenia are a very Caucasus shifted population.

@Sikeliot

kleenex
06-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Sicily-Dodacanese-Southern Italian-Greek mainland-Albania-Spain( if you want to get specific). There are no mainland Greek Armenoid types and not sure that phenotype exists in Southern Italy either.

Sikeliot
06-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Because they score more SW Asian than Armenians do. Armenians, particularly from modern day Armenia are a very Caucasus shifted population.

@Sikeliot

Who scores more SW Asian than Armenians?

Sikeliot
06-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Sicily-Dodacanese-Southern Italian-Greek mainland-Albania-Spain( if you want to get specific). There are no mainland Greek Armenoid types and not sure that phenotype exists in Southern Italy either.

In Calabria yes you could find it but not in Adriatic Italy. You will not find much Armenoid in places like Apulia or Lucania.

FinalFlash
06-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Who scores more SW Asian than Armenians?

North Iraqis, IraqiJews, and Assyrians.

FinalFlash
06-09-2018, 08:18 PM
In Calabria yes you could find it but not in Adriatic Italy. You will not find much Armenoid in places like Apulia or Lucania.

Depends on the Armenian in question. Many Armenians aren't Armenoid at all, and those who are aren't usually pure uber Armenoid either.