PDA

View Full Version : Why Beauty Matters Video

Oreka Bailoak
02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
This is the greatest video about Philosophical differences I have ever seen. This video should be required for all people of European ancestry.

The whole video is centered around beauty and the philosophical origins behind beauty. This tells how society, moral values and art has become perverted by liberal viewpoints that everything is relative (all things are equally good) and nothing is universally attractive (that things are not equal).

The life changing part is his view on Platonic Love vs. Sexual Love and how liberal views pervert even this. Or when he describes how religion, close relationships and beauty are essentially the same thing (affect same part of the mind); just as 3 doors open to the same room.

65YpzZrwKI4

mx0l3qfO-ck

Cg-_pTzZUpM

vX6Gpr0Rlg4

uyulImC-nZE

aKRaIx38aSo

Afterword
The point of the video is not that ALL modern art is bad (some of it is good, original, beautiful or inspirational. I'm a fan of Art Deco myself). Rather the point of the video is to focus on the underlying feelings that create art rather than the actual art itself. The point is that art has recently become taken over by greed, shock value and self-centered revengeful feelings.

His argument is that to correct this we need to focus on art that is created for the purpose of beauty because that makes us feel good (a universal feeling) rather than focusing on breaking moral taboos (making us feel edgy polarized and angry). Modern art has been given too much emphasis in today's society especially the extreme abstract forms.

The parts where he relates modern art to traditional art and shows that modern art is based on sexual perversion and traditional art is based on platonic love is truly genius. Also when he shows that Religious feelings, beauty and romantic love are all essentially the same thing is life changing. I know I'll never view the origin of love, beauty and religion in the same way again.

I hope you got out of the video the same feelings I did.

blan
03-06-2011, 12:04 AM
watched four parts of this, raises great questions